Rookie

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 88 posts

Posted 02 June 2011 - 10:23 PM

QUOTE (coolcatjas @ Jun 2 2011, 09:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I liked it, until the what was supposed to be the epic NaruSaku scene

Let's compare shall we? --Click here to view--

In the anime Naruto's legs are awkward in the manga they are in an awesome pose. Naruto's hair is awkward too. Notice there is no waves/splash created by Naruto skidding across the water.
The anime seriously lacked. Naruto's entrance should have been bad@$$ but instead his entrance just plain sucks... That scene was totally ruined >:C
I hope they can remake this scene because this.... *sighs*

Dont worry they will replay it next week for sure!

It burns to be me!!

#22 Otaru

Otaru

絶対 負けない

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,489 posts

Posted 02 June 2011 - 11:36 PM

Oh god... i thought i was impossible to screw a scene as much as they screwed Naruto entrance against Pain and Saving Tsunade...
In the manga, it was awesome, and in the anime, it was just crap !

Well they've done it AGAIN !
My god it's really horrible and lame ! My little cousins could actually draw something like that !
I'm really questionning myself about Kishi... what does he think about that crap they made about his manga ?

Still, if it had been Hinata, i'm so sure they would have done it magical ! LOL I'm really sick of it !

Edited by Otaru, 02 June 2011 - 11:40 PM.

sakurachansmallerbetter.jpg

#23 Super Boom

Super Boom

WC?

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,294 posts

Posted 03 June 2011 - 12:55 AM

Well, I finally saw it.
*Rolls eyes* --Click here to view--
Well, I liked the first half of the episode. The second half though, ugh... I feel like I've seen that dang scene with Sasuke leaving like five times already. I knew they would throw in flashbacks, but the whole confession? Come on!

As far the as the rescue scene goes, I think a lot of people here are being picky. It's an action shot, so unless they freeze frame right at the end, it's not going to look the same as the manga. The only real difference I saw was that Naruto was a little more graceful with his landing, no splashing or whatever. The animation was a little weird, but I guess I'm willing to shrug it off. After that OVA that came out at the beginning of the year, it's hard for me to hate the anime team. tongue.gif

A few questions though:

1.) How did Sasuke know Sakura was a medical ninja? He's never seen her use medical ninjutsu before. Did Orochimaru have a file on her?

2.) Why was Kakashi's MS colored in the opposite way, with a red tomoe and black background? I'm pretty sure it was the opposite the last two times we've seen it in the anime. So far Sasuke's the only one with a Sharingan colored that way.

Edited by Boom...Winning, 03 June 2011 - 12:56 AM.

tumblr_ndajpwG2zQ1qitrvro1_500.gif

#24 TerrorKing

TerrorKing

Glorified lurker of the deep!

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,330 posts

Posted 03 June 2011 - 01:11 AM

Well I honestly don't know what to think anymore. The anime just seems so....inconsistent! confused.gif Sometimes its amazing and everything just clicks. Other times it just comes off as one big jumbled mess *looking at you Naruto Shippuden episode 167*. I mean the episode itself was fine. The animation was pretty good, Sasuke came off as particularly crazy and intidimating. Someone you could actually believe had truly gone bat kitten bonkers! Also his and Kakashi's fight was really well done. a_thumbs.gif But some of the flashback scenes were just akward. The scenes with Naruto rushing to get there while thinking of his meeting with Itachi, A and Gaara were completely left out (Though that could be to heighten the tension). Meanwhile, we instead got an abundance of flashbacks, where there were none at all in the manga. And then the rescue scene at the end...Well I don't really know what to think. It was...adequate i guess, but like so many others I feel like they could have done something to give it a little more oomph! dry.gif Oh well, we can always hope that they'll remake this scene (as well as the Pain fight) at some point. Maybe when these episodes gets released on DVD sometime. happy.gif

ragnorak-heavydose-500-2.jpg

Run, live to fly, fly to live, do or die

Won't you run, live to fly,

fly to live, Aces high

#25 catsi563

catsi563

catsitastrophe

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,195 posts
  • Interests:Naruto, Sakura, NaruSaku, pizza, dragons, tigers, wolves, cats, Slaying Ebil dragon windmill thingies, the moon, the ocean.

Posted 03 June 2011 - 01:23 AM

Honestly I think theres a lot of overeaction on this episode.

I saw everything I as expecting to see, and my only real gripe is that the flashback sequence didnt touch as much on the root of Sakuras feelings for Sasuke as id have liked instead just touching on her allready existant ones.

Th moment between her and karin was fine and the warning from karin to Sakura was well done.

lastly the rescue was spot on as far as im concerned. animation could have been a smidege cleaner but ive seen worse.

over all 7-8/10 and now things start really picking up.
My dear you deserve a great wizard, but im afraid you'll have to settle for services of a second rate pick pocket - Smendrick The Last Unicorn

..(^)> PENGUIN!!!!
C(...)D
..m.m

Training with a sannin 2 1/2 years

new pair of gloves 20 ryou

the look on your best friend, and former sensei's face's when you cause a small earth quake. Princeless

Catsis Fan Fiction

#26 KungFuTruffle

KungFuTruffle

Whee!

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 921 posts
  • Interests:Writing<br />Reading<br />Video Games

Posted 03 June 2011 - 01:33 AM

This episode wasn't too bad, it was just really boring. Nothing was drawn particularly well, there wasn't a good selection of music, and it just felt like filler. I don't think I really cared about what was going on at any time during it.

#27 Paptala

Paptala

Examiner

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,021 posts

Posted 03 June 2011 - 02:33 AM

QUOTE (Living Lavish @ Jun 2 2011, 03:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
what? Sakura flashbacked to her confession to Naruto? then flashback to SS?

Yeah, I totally meant to say Sasuke there facepalm.png

Stupid me - these days, I only get an hour in the morning before I go to work and then I don't get home until 7:30 or 8 and I'm exhausted both times. I think its safe to assume that if its not a weekend, I'm pretty much half asleep while posting. sweatdrop.gif

At this point, I agree with Tricksie the most. I thought maybe my initial impression of it was taking it too negatively, but after seeing that others concurred, maybe my initial impression wasn't so harsh after all. I'm hoping this will be an instance where they reanimate the very end scene again (the only time that comes right to mind was the double episode where Team Yamato shows up to save Kakashi and Team 10 during the fight against Kakuzu - the scene was the same, but the animation was different).

Edited by Paptala, 03 June 2011 - 02:36 AM.

0mDsIUH.gif
7VO00.png
set art by yui  |

#28 creak

creak

Lurker

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 37 posts
  • Interests:philosophy, indie rock, cigerettes, and coffee

Posted 03 June 2011 - 03:22 AM

ehh. they spent too much time on flashbacks as usual. the last scene could have used smoother animation and they accidentally inverted the colors on kakashi's mangekyo. though i did like the close ups of all their faces. overall an okay episode
"I feel as if I were a piece in a game of chess, when my opponent says of it: That piece cannot be moved." Søren Kierkegaard

#29 Fliss

Fliss

stfu

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 428 posts

Posted 03 June 2011 - 06:40 AM

Ehhhhh it was an alright episode. I was a tad bored, but that usually happens >)
I was kind of reminded me of just how crazy Sasuke is now. Oh, Naruto how will you ever fix that? I wonder how Kishi will resolve this mess in the end? I meannnnn really he seems to be past the point of no return by now. Hmm, we'll just have to seeeeeeee
Like most of you, I was kind of thrown off by the animation of the saving scene. I don't mind it too much, but I DID picture it way more, uhhh, dramatic? Like I was expecting to see it from different angles and blehh but nope...all we got were moving manga pictures :/ Oh, well. I just hope the anime team gives the big NaruSaku moment (when it comes wink.gif) their all.
Haha I am still gonna use the saving scene for my amv that's been put on hold...been waiting for this <3

Looking forward to next weeks!

❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀

#30 Darth Krypt

Darth Krypt

Sith Lord

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,559 posts

Posted 03 June 2011 - 07:58 AM

QUOTE (Kim @ Jun 3 2011, 03:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Good question. Never thought of that...

He could have heard it from Kabuto when he battled Sakura at the bridge and I think both of them mentioned being medic-nins. Or probably being Tsunade's apprentice created a reputation for her and word about it spread.

DK

PgkbwAs.png

#31 Blazing CobaltX

Blazing CobaltX

Yuri Trainer on Fire

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 275 posts
  • Interests:Pokémon(OMFG, what am I doing here then?! ^^'), Phoenix Wright, Naruto(Ofc), and K-ON.

Other shizzle:
    Drawing(Which doesn't mean I'm good at it!), playing Pokémon(Ofc)(Which isn't possible anymore... TT_TT) and several other games, and some other things(Like watching anime, of course!).

Posted 03 June 2011 - 10:34 AM

Poorly animated, that's all I have to say. The episode itself was blegh.

#32 Torxe

Torxe

World's greatest critic <boragnarok>

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,173 posts
  • Interests:Anime, Manga, Games, PC, fora, terraria, Bo-karate, meditation

Posted 03 June 2011 - 12:07 PM

QUOTE (Otaru @ Jun 3 2011, 01:36 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Oh god... i thought i was impossible to screw a scene as much as they screwed Naruto entrance against Pain and Saving Tsunade...
In the manga, it was awesome, and in the anime, it was just crap !

Well they've done it AGAIN !
My god it's really horrible and lame ! My little cousins could actually draw something like that !
I'm really questionning myself about Kishi... what does he think about that crap they made about his manga ?

Still, if it had been Hinata, i'm so sure they would have done it magical ! LOL I'm really sick of it !

The moment you were speaking off I just started reading the manga and I must say I still thought off Naruto's entrance as awesome.

About the episode itself; the animation of this episode didn't bother me that much, more the timing.
I'd have liked it more if they just ended the episode with Sakura holding a kunai thinking about her resolve to kill Sasuke (preferably still upside down under the bridge).
The whole moment just felt a little rushed. I'd like it very much if they redid that last moment in the next episode like some kind of recap. As long as they leave out that Sasuke leaving flashback (I just skipped it while watching that thing just kept lasting). The whole changing Susano'o thing I never noticed in the manga, so that's a plus for the anime.

Also keep in mind to put spoiler tags around manga spoilers, not everyone reads the manga (I try to do so too, however I end up forgetting them regularly to)

Edited by Torxe, 03 June 2011 - 12:09 PM.

In support of the Sakura we once knew:

Sakura-killing-hinata-naruto-shippuuden-

#33 tricksie

tricksie

Legendary Ninja

• ANBU
  • 3,655 posts

Posted 03 June 2011 - 06:28 PM

QUOTE (catsi563 @ Jun 2 2011, 09:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Honestly I think theres a lot of overeaction on this episode.

I saw everything I as expecting to see, and my only real gripe is that the flashback sequence didnt touch as much on the root of Sakuras feelings for Sasuke as id have liked instead just touching on her allready existant ones.

Th moment between her and karin was fine and the warning from karin to Sakura was well done.

lastly the rescue was spot on as far as im concerned. animation could have been a smidege cleaner but ive seen worse.

over all 7-8/10 and now things start really picking up.

No, not over reacting: They omitted scenes from the manga. Including some of Karin and Sakura's interaction.

With hinata's one-sided rescue, she gets a whole episode of personal development. But there is nothing here from Sakura except her ridiculous flashback about Sasuke.

So not only did the not develop her character with filler stuff, they actuall left out scenes from the manga which showed a deeper understanding from her pov. The anime simply relegates her to the weak genin bit again.

Next episode is more love song from Naruto to Sasuke. I was soooo looking forward to a break in that sick relationship with this episode.

Why am I carrying this point? This was the last Naru/Saku from the manga until.... Well, there is no more! There is barely any interaction between the two after this. The only thing I'm marginally interested in seeing after this one is the waterfall episode with Kushina. And that will be a year from now probably.

So no, not over reacting. This wasn't just bad animation, or personal prefence. Overall, the anime team is writing story lines for Hinata, and omitting character development for Sakura. It's not just a pale reflection of the manga, it's misleading.

#34 Chivalrysae

Chivalrysae

Chuunin

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 464 posts
  • Interests:Flag Football, Anime, Indoor Wall Climbing, Hiking, Running

Posted 03 June 2011 - 06:53 PM

Although I was hoping for more in the ending, I was fine with the way it was animated. I just remember about 8 minutes from the end, wondering when all the flashbacks would be over. haha. And then there was a super short sequence for Naruto's rescue. From an episode standpoint it was a good way to tease the audience and end it with a cliffhanger. With the way the anime eps are done, the rescue will be recapped in the next episode and they will have the liberty (keeping fingers crossed) for a more elongated rescue clip. smile.gif

What I did like about this episode was Sasuke and Sakura's interaction. This is the first time she has seen and talked to him in a very long time (since the opening of Shippuuden). And this is where his fall from grace is confirmed by her in person. Most of of her knowledge of his crimes has been hearsay, which is why it was harder for her and Naruto to let go. I remember them always asking "Why? There's no reason for Sasuke to do this or that." But now she is hearing it from his mouth. Even she is shocked at how much he has changed. Although she still has problems killing a former teammate, I believe this is the point where she comes to the reality that the rookie teams' decision to deal with Sasuke was the right one.

#35 tricksie

tricksie

Legendary Ninja

• ANBU
  • 3,655 posts

Posted 03 June 2011 - 08:09 PM

QUOTE (Chivalrysae @ Jun 3 2011, 02:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Although I was hoping for more in the ending, I was fine with the way it was animated. I just remember about 8 minutes from the end, wondering when all the flashbacks would be over. haha. And then there was a super short sequence for Naruto's rescue. From an episode standpoint it was a good way to tease the audience and end it with a cliffhanger. With the way the anime eps are done, the rescue will be recapped in the next episode and they will have the liberty (keeping fingers crossed) for a more elongated rescue clip. smile.gif

What I did like about this episode was Sasuke and Sakura's interaction. This is the first time she has seen and talked to him in a very long time (since the opening of Shippuuden). And this is where his fall from grace is confirmed by her in person. Most of of her knowledge of his crimes has been hearsay, which is why it was harder for her and Naruto to let go. I remember them always asking "Why? There's no reason for Sasuke to do this or that." But now she is hearing it from his mouth. Even she is shocked at how much he has changed. Although she still has problems killing a former teammate, I believe this is the point where she comes to the reality that the rookie teams' decision to deal with Sasuke was the right one.

Alright. That's enough good sense out of you. I'd like to cling to my stubborn rantiness a little longer. Not have it deflated by your calm reasoning and good points!

biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

You're right on both counts, and that helps me put the episode in perspective a little. It definitely is a cliffhanger for those who don't read the manga. Maybe they are writing this to be SS heavy in this episode, then flip to some sort of NS in the next. Dunno. Just feels like a step backward. Hoping next ep. will have more introspection on Sakura's part as to how she currently feels, not how she remembers Mopey McKillMyBrother.

#36 Anguyen92

Anguyen92

Loving hockey games and Hard Rock Music

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,336 posts
  • Interests:Reading forums, and listening to hard rock/alt rock music.

Posted 03 June 2011 - 08:17 PM

QUOTE (tricksie @ Jun 3 2011, 01:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You're right on both counts, and that helps me put the episode in perspective a little. It definitely is a cliffhanger for those who don't read the manga. Maybe they are writing this to be SS heavy in this episode, then flip to some sort of NS in the next. Dunno. Just feels like a step backward. Hoping next ep. will have more introspection on Sakura's part as to how she currently feels, not how she remembers Mopey McKillMyBrother.

Nice, I wish I had a creative name for him. All I got is chicken head or chicken butt.

Edited by anguyen92, 03 June 2011 - 08:17 PM.

abiiisig8.jpg

whatcolor_iswhite.jpg

#37 Broken Figurine

Broken Figurine

Chuunin

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 484 posts

Posted 03 June 2011 - 08:48 PM

I was so disappointed. They honestly just don't know where to place their budget and pay attention to detail. The remade filler had a better sequence than the actual rescuse scene. With Tricksies original point, it is particularly insulting that when it is Hinata's "time to shine" they make her shine literally, with her hair and attention to lighting and dramatic pacing. Here they just bog down fillers and then add the canon stuff in real quick, and clearly the highlight of this episode should have been the "LOOK HE SAVED HER". Remember how exciting this chapter was? How then could the anime get it so wrong and make it boring? They should have built it up with Naruto running, trying to get to her, as he did in the manga. Kakashi was the only one who managed to look good here. Karin and Sakura's scene was so tacked in and once again, poorly animated that it evoked no emotion from me. Just waiting for Kushina, I don't think I wanna watch the next few episodes.

#38 Toasty Warrior

Toasty Warrior

Phenomenal One

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,791 posts
  • Interests:Hanging with friends, playing video games, watching anime

Posted 03 June 2011 - 09:52 PM

And this is the reason why I don't bother with the anime that much anymore, it took everything we saw in the manga, put it in a blender and prated it until it was easily digested by the fans who don't bother to read the manga because they don't have the time... seriously the way they made Sakura act was almost like something out of a fan fiction, seriously! Why can't the anime studio portray the characters closer to their actual personalities in the manga? Oh yeah, that's right, they play favorites and only show what they want, but enough of my ranting, overall the episode was average at best.

Edited by Toasty Warrior, 04 June 2011 - 06:02 AM.

phenomenal_one_banner_by_denizlispor-d5h

"They don't want none"

#39 Radra

Radra

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 119 posts

Posted 04 June 2011 - 05:16 PM

QUOTE (tricksie @ Jun 3 2011, 07:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
No, not over reacting: They omitted scenes from the manga. Including some of Karin and Sakura's interaction.

Really? I haven't watched the episode yet. >>

What scenes did they omit specifically? huh.gif

I'm really looking forward to watching the episode when i have time and the comments i'm seeing so far is... worrying, to say the least.

#40 Ani

Ani

Legendary Ninja

• ANBU
  • 3,058 posts

Posted 05 June 2011 - 12:56 AM

Just watched the episode today and I agree with most of the comments that have already been stated. The animation was bad in some scenes and just not good enough for the episode itself. Too many flashbacks and then the animation for the rescue scene looked weird. I don't know or think they will re-animate that rescue scene for next episode, since the only times they've re-animated stuff was for flashback scenes from part 1. I'll be surprised and happy if they do re-animate it, though.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users