Close
Photo

Warner Brothers to make a live action Bleach film?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
53 replies to this topic

#21 dl316bh

dl316bh

International Smug Elitist

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,519 posts

Posted 22 March 2010 - 07:44 PM

QUOTE (Uzumakikage @ Mar 22 2010, 03:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Micheal Bay & Spiellberg could, look at the cost of transformers. happy.gif

Well, that depends. Transformers was an American property and far more proven on our shores; it was a cash cow in the eighties on ridiculous levels and continued to enjoy popularity well after that, even if not from the kiddie induced heights of the 80's. Also, they still had a relatively restrictive budget, which is supposedly what restricted the screentime of the Transformers in the first movie.

With something from another shore, I'm not so certain. I mean, look at what happened to Dragonball Z, which was about as big a craze over here as anything that's ever come out of Japan. Besides which, Micheal Bay vouching for anything is a good way to start a ****storm among fans.

Edited by dl316bh, 22 March 2010 - 07:44 PM.

bd5.jpg

#22 James S Cassidy

James S Cassidy

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,831 posts

Posted 22 March 2010 - 07:49 PM

QUOTE (Uzumakikage @ Mar 22 2010, 11:26 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Majority of the Bleach characters do look American, so i don't see race being an Issue in this film it's just authenticity of the characters (actors best suited for the anime adaptation) and plot story line.

I think Zoe Saldana from new Star Trek omake and James Cameron Avatar would fit Yoruichi well. happy.gif

It;s not a problem with the film. It's the fans of Bleach are the ones that complain.

They think that just because it is a Japanese cartoon they should only have Asian actors.
My gofundme
https://www.gofundme...c-designer-fund

Δικός σου για να κρατάτε
Σ'αγαπώ

#23 Cupcake-chan

Cupcake-chan

<3

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,282 posts

Posted 22 March 2010 - 10:06 PM

Oh hell no! It'll be loads worse than crap D:

#24 True

True

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,323 posts
  • Interests:Wouldn't you like to know?

Posted 22 March 2010 - 11:02 PM

I find myself indifferent to it. I would have weaboo-raged a few months back, but now I don't care really what Hollywood wants to work on.

If it does go through, they should forget the usual Bleach shinigami/hollow theme and make it completely different. Make it like Zoolander where Ichigo is just like Derek and fights against Aizen who plays the role of Jacobim Mugatu (Will Ferrell). Ishida/Renji could be his rival turned friend Hansel (Owen Wilson), and Rukia of course would be Matilda! Kubo could be the led costume designer. Seriously this type of movie would be perfect to promote his fashion line. No longer does he have to draw his amazing clothes only on his color spreads, but bring it out to the live action movie. Now that would sell big time.

The only character I'd care about casting would be Rukia. She can be played by Kristin Kruek, who's half white/asian and thus bypasses the whole racial casting boundary.

#25 Sakura Blossoms

Sakura Blossoms

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 8,418 posts
  • Location:Sunny (when there's no hurricane XD) South Florida!
  • Interests:Reading, writing fanfiction (check out my homepage) *shameless plug* XD, video games, and anime! ^_^

Posted 22 March 2010 - 11:14 PM

QUOTE (Mik3 @ Mar 22 2010, 02:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Also Hitsugaya-Danny Devito

Hmm...no. My Hitsu is *not* some old short fat guy D:
No matter how much I like Devito, Hitsu is *not* him >.>

#26 Cloud

Cloud

SOLDIER

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,565 posts

Posted 22 March 2010 - 11:26 PM

Dragonball Evolution was horrid.

WB can have Bleach over the fans dead body. Hell, for the King of Fighters movie, a Caucasian person plays Kyo (who I swear has the last name Kusanagi, thus = Asian)

Who'll play Ichigo? Robert Pattinson? So he can be all glittery again? FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF.

Mobile Suit Gundam stays where it is. If Michael Bay even gets ahold of the script, I think we'll have chaos.

#27 Dreamer

Dreamer

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,952 posts

Posted 22 March 2010 - 11:36 PM

I'm worried that American film directors and producers could possibly hurt our relationship with Japan by possibly giving some of their anime and games bad rep (upcoming Bleach and Ghost in the shell as well as how bad Resident Evil got screwed up) I pray and hope this doesn't affect our relationship with Japan. sleep.gif

#28 No WhereMan

No WhereMan

H&E's Dark Knight

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,264 posts
  • Interests:Star Wars, Writing, reading, Warhammer, WoW, Naruto, Anime in general. Movies, HK KungFu Movies, D&amp;D, video games (SFIV!!!) and various other things.

Posted 22 March 2010 - 11:36 PM

QUOTE (True @ Mar 22 2010, 07:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The only character I'd care about casting would be Rukia. She can be played by Kristin Kruek, who's half white/asian and thus bypasses the whole racial casting boundary.

I would agree with you True but Kruek is a horrible actress. For some bizzare reason I could see Summer Glau doing it.

QUOTE (Uzumakikage @ Mar 22 2010, 07:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm worried that American film directors and producers could possibly hurt our relationship with Japan by possibly giving some of their anime and games bad rep (upcoming Bleach and Ghost in the shell as well as how bad Resident Evil got screwed up) I pray and hope this doesn't affect our relationship with Japan. sleep.gif

Uzumakikage, I seriously doubt we're in danger of doing that. With the amount of revenue Japan pulls in from the American market, I think Japan really couldn't give two flying ****s what we do with their products. As long as we pay for the rights to do it.

Just another point I'd like to make. You realize that any movie that is made from lets say an anime show or whatever, is almost like a homage to the original works. So regardless of how retarded the finished product might be, it still gives props to the creaters.

Not to mention when something like an American movie comes out, the sales from the original work goes up anyway. I mean when Michael Bay's Transformers movie came out, I'm sure you can imagine how many fanboys when out to buy the dvds of the original series so they could relive some of those moments from their childhood. So in fact the original creators get money from the movie that way as well.

So lets say they do go through with making this red-headed stepchild of a Bleach movie. I can guarantee after the fanboys leave the theater, they'll spend a day crying on the web, then go out and buy the series manga or dvd so they can see what the Bleach experience should have been like.

So in closing Japan's relationship with America will more than survive whatever idiot film will be shot out from Hollywood. At the most, they'll just sit back and giggle they're damn heads off at our attempts before riding over to the bank, to get their last payment down on that yacht they had been looking at for years.

Edited by No WhereMan, 22 March 2010 - 11:49 PM.

batman-arkham-city-wallpaper-wallpaper-0xl_batman_arkham_origins_logo.jpg

#29 Miss Soupy

Miss Soupy

Queen of Fluff

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,000 posts

Posted 23 March 2010 - 12:02 AM

Probably would only feature Ichigo and Rukia and thus wouldn't be interesting XD

#30 No WhereMan

No WhereMan

H&E's Dark Knight

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,264 posts
  • Interests:Star Wars, Writing, reading, Warhammer, WoW, Naruto, Anime in general. Movies, HK KungFu Movies, D&amp;D, video games (SFIV!!!) and various other things.

Posted 23 March 2010 - 12:10 AM

QUOTE (Miss Soupy @ Mar 22 2010, 08:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Probably would only feature Ichigo and Rukia and thus wouldn't be interesting XD

To be honest the only people I'm really interested in, in Bleach or Ichigo and Rukia.

#31 Yakatsu

Yakatsu

Sun Tzu said whaaaaaaaaat?

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,056 posts
  • Interests:Your mother.

Posted 23 March 2010 - 12:18 AM

This video is the future, ladies and gents. I rest my case.

Edited by Yakatsu, 23 March 2010 - 12:19 AM.

#32 Miss Soupy

Miss Soupy

Queen of Fluff

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,000 posts

Posted 23 March 2010 - 12:20 AM

QUOTE (No WhereMan @ Mar 22 2010, 08:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
To be honest the only people I'm really interested in, in Bleach or Ichigo and Rukia.

Then maybe it wouldn't be so bad for you XD Honestly though, Ichigo, to me, is one of the more boring shounen heroes. But bleach has enough characters to enjoy beyond the main.

#33 No WhereMan

No WhereMan

H&E's Dark Knight

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,264 posts

Posted 23 March 2010 - 12:26 AM

QUOTE (Yakatsu @ Mar 22 2010, 08:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
This video is the future, ladies and gents. I rest my case.

Yakatsu, you don't even have to do that. Just show a few minutes of actual footage from Dragonball Evolution, that's even more valid.

#34 Mik3

Mik3

Dame a raise un perdedor.

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,843 posts
  • Interests:games, anime, music. just chilling.

Posted 23 March 2010 - 12:32 AM

QUOTE (Sakura Blossoms @ Mar 22 2010, 07:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hmm...no. My Hitsu is *not* some old short fat guy D:
No matter how much I like Devito, Hitsu is *not* him >.>

your in denial girl, you know you wanna see it happen

And yea, its come to the point to just not care how many times hollywood makes a movie off of Japanese media. Its not going to hurt anyone other than those who see it. Ill say this, do I think it'll be any good? No, the track record would indicate that. But I hope im wrong and it is.

QUOTE (No WhereMan @ Mar 22 2010, 08:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yakatsu, you don't even have to do that. Just show a few minutes of actual footage from Dragonball Evolution, that's even more valid.

Man, Justin Chatwin was just horrible. His attempts at displaying emotion mind F'd me.

Edited by Mik3, 23 March 2010 - 12:35 AM.

\

#35 Nate River

Nate River

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 5,982 posts

Posted 23 March 2010 - 12:34 AM

QUOTE (True @ Mar 22 2010, 06:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I find myself indifferent to it. I would have weaboo-raged a few months back, but now I don't care really what Hollywood wants to work on.

I'm highly amused watching the fandom go into convulsions over this. Just the mere announcement sends fans running for the nearest cliff every single time.

Dragonball Evolution

Greatest. Movie. Ever. smile.gif

#36 Yakatsu

Yakatsu

Sun Tzu said whaaaaaaaaat?

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,056 posts
  • Interests:Your mother.

Posted 23 March 2010 - 12:39 AM

QUOTE (No WhereMan @ Mar 23 2010, 12:26 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

See, if I wanted to hurt you, I would do that. But I'm a nice guy so I link you to a funny video of the view of how an anime-live action movie would be produced. Oh well, time to run away like my good old friend...

Canadia Washington Sawyer Finn Bush Chaney Pamela Anderson Lee.

#37 True

True

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,323 posts
  • Interests:Wouldn't you like to know?

Posted 23 March 2010 - 12:41 AM

QUOTE (No WhereMan @ Mar 22 2010, 07:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I would agree with you True but Kruek is a horrible actress. For some bizzare reason I could see Summer Glau doing it.

I've only seen her in Chuck which she did a pretty good performance. I'd go more along with her physical capabilities since she was on Smallville for such a long time and can play a heroine role--even though it's a terrible show (sorry Vyse). Glau would be a good alternative as well, but her shows are always doomed in the end; see: Firefly, Terminator Chronicles, and Dollhouse. Though I do think she could fit into the character if need be, just not my particular choice.

QUOTE (Miss Soupy @ Mar 22 2010, 08:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

They can have spinoff movie with chef Orihime played by Christina Hendricks (who fits perfectly since she has red hair, HUGE knockers, and is a great actress) falling in love with a troubled Ulquiorra (played by Johnny Depp since...well he loves to wear makeup) who is a plagued struggling artist and they are both trying to make it living in NYC. The movie could be called "THE HEART". You'd be interested in that wouldn't you?

#38 Sakura Blossoms

Sakura Blossoms

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 8,418 posts
  • Location:Sunny (when there's no hurricane XD) South Florida!
  • Interests:Reading, writing fanfiction (check out my homepage) *shameless plug* XD, video games, and anime! ^_^

Posted 23 March 2010 - 12:44 AM

QUOTE (No WhereMan @ Mar 22 2010, 07:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hellz yay! I love Summer Glau 111191.gif

QUOTE (Miss Soupy @ Mar 22 2010, 08:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Then maybe it wouldn't be so bad for you XD Honestly though, Ichigo, to me, is one of the more boring shounen heroes. But bleach has enough characters to enjoy beyond the main.

To me Rukia is the most boring and static character in the series.

QUOTE (Mik3 @ Mar 22 2010, 08:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
your in denial girl, you know you wanna see it happen

No ah'm not >.<

QUOTE (Nate River @ Mar 22 2010, 08:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

LOL 111189.gif

Nice wink.gif

#39 Dreamer

Dreamer

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,952 posts

Posted 23 March 2010 - 12:46 AM

Dragonball Evolution

QUOTE (Nate River @ Mar 22 2010, 07:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

111189.gif

QUOTE (True @ Mar 22 2010, 07:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
They can have spinoff movie with chef Orihime played by Christina Hendricks (who fits perfectly since she has red hair, HUGE knockers, and is a great actress) falling in love with a troubled Ulquiorra (played by Johnny Depp since...well he loves to wear makeup) who is a plagued struggling artist and they are both trying to make it living in NYC. The movie could be called "THE HEART". You'd be interested in that wouldn't you?

111189.gif 111189.gif

#40 Miss Soupy

Miss Soupy

Queen of Fluff

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,000 posts

Posted 23 March 2010 - 12:46 AM

QUOTE (True @ Mar 22 2010, 08:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I have to admit, my inner fangirl can't help but love this idea. XDDDD Johnny Depp as Ulquiorra, mnf X)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users