Close
Photo

If you could rewrite the manga, what would you have changed?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
39 replies to this topic

#21 Guest_Kodachi Claws_*

Guest_Kodachi Claws_*
  • Guests

Posted 24 November 2010 - 02:10 AM

QUOTE (Nee-sama @ Nov 23 2010, 05:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
But I think Naruto should use his kage bunshin more effectively. I have yet to see him use it to spy on anyone even though it seems to me that would be it's most useful purpose. He's never tried to test out his limits with it, or how far away he could send one. Kakashi had to come up with the training idea. He's good at using it as a diversion while the real body does something clever (like sneaking away from Yamato and digging underground to attack Neji) but I would like to see more from the kage bunshin than diversions and punch combos.

Eh, Kishimoto seems to be focusing more on ninjas as fighters than as spies, so what you're describing to me seems to be a flaw in the series itself , not just Naruto. He has used them stealthly in the middle of battles. But I understand what you're saying, and I wouldn't mind seeing such uses in the future. Still, as of now, Naruto seems to be a direct fighter, and it doesn't look like that's going to change.

#22 Dreamer

Dreamer

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,952 posts

Posted 24 November 2010 - 03:00 AM

I remember Soupy bringing this up in the debate thread about how Kishi starts to show progression on Naruto as in maturing but that progression usually gets destroyed when Naruto starts pouting for Sasuke. The Sasuke hyper ventilating on the ground and the scene he made in front of the Raikage was pathetic.

Edited by Dreamer, 24 November 2010 - 04:15 AM.

#23 Guest_Kodachi Claws_*

Guest_Kodachi Claws_*
  • Guests

Posted 24 November 2010 - 03:09 AM

Yeah, because Naruto was still naive about the things Sasuke was doing. Essentially, both Naruto and Sakura had held onto their goal of bringing Sasuke back for so long, that they were in denial of the person he became. Naruto probably took it worse because of his promise to Sakura, and everything he did during that arc was to lead him to that reality check at the end. He knows now that Sasuke won't come back and what he has become, but does not wish for Sasuke to go through with what he plans to do, and as a result, is willing to die for that. Call it what you will, but to have Naruto turn cold on Sasuke now and consider him an enemy would pretty much ruin Naruto's character and story.

#24 Dreamer

Dreamer

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,952 posts

Posted 24 November 2010 - 04:25 AM

I believe it'll happen again, just like the many other tmes. Naruto won't risk killing Sasuke which gives Sasuke the advantage with his EMS.

#25 Codus N

Codus N

Highandnow

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,119 posts

Posted 24 November 2010 - 04:32 AM

@Kodachi: About Team Hawk, it can't be helped. Kishi's editor forced him.

As for Balance vs Battles and Teamwork, don't worry, considering what we've seen last chapter, I think we'll see a lot of those in the war.

248793.jpg

The family that couldn't be.

[post='http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6EItApJttbY']An Underrated Song Worth Listening[/post]

#26 ShippudenGirl

ShippudenGirl

Happy-Go-Lucky

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,539 posts

Posted 24 November 2010 - 05:48 AM

Um, I would make Sasuke cry more so I could feel more sympathy for him... << If that counts... more Sakura action - of course, and make Naruto have a cooler Jacket (Gah! I could totally imagine him with Edward Elric's Jacket wow.png so sexy!)

#27 alexander

alexander

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,158 posts

Posted 24 November 2010 - 09:51 AM

QUOTE (Kodachi Claws @ Nov 24 2010, 04:09 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Call it what you will, but to have Naruto turn cold on Sasuke now and consider him an enemy would pretty much ruin Naruto's character and story.

Naruto character was already ruined when Kishi made him faint like an damsel in distress after finding out his mancrush turned evil..... guess Naruto turning cold on Sasuke wouldn't be that much of an bad idea.

tumblr_noy9ox76Ku1rr9dcxo9_250.gif

#28 Guest_Kodachi Claws_*

Guest_Kodachi Claws_*
  • Guests

Posted 24 November 2010 - 08:59 PM

QUOTE (alexander @ Nov 24 2010, 01:51 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Naruto character was already ruined when Kishi made him faint like an damsel in distress after finding out his mancrush turned evil..... guess Naruto turning cold on Sasuke wouldn't be that much of an bad idea.

While his reaction might have been a bit extreme, the point was Naruto to realize that his dream of reuniting Team 7 was impossible, and it hit him hard.

Making him turn cold against Sasuke itself would ruin his character; there's a difference between character development and changing one's character completely. People can't seem to make up their minds between having Naruto being the same bright, funny and caring guy or some agnst-ridden character taking out his anger; once people had enough of the former, he takes a step towards the latter and people lose their minds.

If Naruto is to completely turn against Sasuke, I'd rather have it near the end; at least that way if the change is to be permanent, it would help to definitively end the series.

I believe it'll happen again, just like the many other tmes. Naruto won't risk killing Sasuke which gives Sasuke the advantage with his EMS

Eh, I don't think so at this point. While Naruto doesn't want to fight Sasuke, he has acknowledged what kind of person he's become and vowed to fight him to the death should he attack Konoha again. After all, he said they will both die should they fight.

Edited by Kodachi Claws, 24 November 2010 - 09:03 PM.

#29 holy_demon

holy_demon

Academy Student

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 39 posts

Posted 26 November 2010 - 12:09 AM

1. Teamwork, meaning, people flanking, backing up, cover fire,...etc in a fight.
2. Bonds based on friendship, not suckish childhood
3. More varieties of military unit, e.g. cavalry, archer, ...etc
4. quantity CAN beat quality (hence the teamwork)
5. fighting hordes of fodders can be as hard as fighting a powerful individual
6. more strategic manoeuver: ambush, ration, logistics, reinforcement, morale, formation, battle tactics.
7. multiple factions competing for influence.
8. more deaths, from both Naruto's side and whatever side he was fighting
9. people don't have crush.... only mutual love.

Edited by holy_demon, 26 November 2010 - 12:12 AM.

#30 Strangelove

Strangelove

And guess what's inside it

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,766 posts

Posted 04 December 2010 - 03:06 AM

JMD

Jutsus of Mass Destruction

Kishi heard my prayer when he brought in the Tailed Beast ball, and then the thought of it being combined with the Rasengan, may bring in the very first JMD.

Edited by Strangelove, 09 December 2010 - 12:07 AM.

tumblr_mo8pka1E1T1qflb4co1_500.gif

#31 ciardha

ciardha

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,308 posts
  • Interests:Narusaku, cosplay, writing fanfiction, dollfies, Japanese history. literature and culture, linguistics, ancient Celtic history, literature, and culture, Wicca, women's history, Buffy and Spike, Rogue and Gambit, Miaka and Taka, John Lennon and Yoko Ono, sewing, reading, many shoujo and josei manga series, Star Trek, Star Wars, liberal and feminist activism

Posted 04 December 2010 - 04:56 AM

Sakura's crush on Sasuke and Hinata's crush on Naruto. Neither contributed much to the story and both have been used in a way overblown way by the animators to create lots of damage. If Hinata had admired Naruto without crushing on him all the positive things that happened to her would have still happened, and if Sakura been the same about Sasuke her subconscious attraction to Naruto would have become more conscious pretty quickly- although I think she still would have stayed consciously just on a friendship level with Naruto until the end of part 1 due to his stupidity and pervertness annoying her too much.

Sakura's high level of compassion might have still caused her to beg Sasuke not to leave Konoha, but minus the confession, and the desperate words to try to save Sasuke from falling into complete darkness would have been a bit more coherent and more clearly from her knowledge that if he left Konoha he would be lost to darkness. She might have still emotionally broke down and been unable to participate in the attempted rescue- due to that gut intuition of Sasuke's fate, her very high compassion level, and knowledge that she was nowhere near strong enough to take on Sasuke or the Sound ninja. It would have altered the POAL to being only about saving Sasuke as their team mate. Naruto might have misunderstood and said something about Sakura's feelings for Sasuke, but Sakura would have corrected him (not having the crush) that no she wasn't in love with Sasuke, but he is their team mate and this might be the last chance to save him before he makes the leap into darkness.

When Naruto was in the hospital recovering from his fight with Sasuke that would have been the moment Sakura would have consciously realized she had romantic feelings for Naruto, but I don't think she would have said so at that point as in manga canon she did not immediately say it after Yamato's words in 297 helped her put together what all those feelings she was having for Naruto while he was training for 2 1/2 years and strengthened after his return. It took her several months in storyline time to utter those words to Naruto. I think the obvious trigger moment would have been during the rescue Gaara arc when she found out the danger Naruto was in and the true pain he had endured as a child. She tries to utter something along that line in canon anyway, just her knowledge of what her feelings meant was still a bit muddled in her mind. Without the shadow of her past crush on Sasuke to delay things a tearful love confession to Naruto probably have happened right then.
Dream you dream alone is only a dream, but dream we dream together is reality- Yoko Ono 1971

When you go to war, both sides lose totally- Yoko Ono

Remember, our hearts are one. Even when we are at war with each other, our hearts are always beating in unison- Yoko Ono 2009

#32 pharix

pharix

Special Jounin

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 859 posts

Posted 04 December 2010 - 04:57 AM

QUOTE (Strangelove @ Dec 3 2010, 10:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Kishi heard my prayer when he brought in the Tailed Beast ball, and then the thought of it being combined with the Sharingan, may bring in the very first JMD.

huh.gif ?

#33 Strangelove

Strangelove

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,766 posts

Posted 07 December 2010 - 01:08 AM

QUOTE (pharix @ Dec 4 2010, 05:57 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
huh.gif ?

read the new chapter ^^ is all in there biggrin.gif

Another thing

Naruto's wardrobe...that jacket...seriously it makes him look...idk fat...

Edited by Strangelove, 07 December 2010 - 01:08 AM.

#34 pharix

pharix

Special Jounin

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 859 posts

Posted 07 December 2010 - 05:07 AM

I don't think Naruto will be combining the Bijudama with a Sharingan any time soon *nudge nudge*

#35 Gravenimage

Gravenimage

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,535 posts

Posted 07 December 2010 - 05:51 PM

QUOTE (ciardha @ Dec 3 2010, 09:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Sakura's crush on Sasuke and Hinata's crush on Naruto. Neither contributed much to the story and both have been used in a way overblown way by the animators to create lots of damage. If Hinata had admired Naruto without crushing on him all the positive things that happened to her would have still happened, and if Sakura been the same about Sasuke her subconscious attraction to Naruto would have become more conscious pretty quickly- although I think she still would have stayed consciously just on a friendship level with Naruto until the end of part 1 due to his stupidity and pervertness annoying her too much.

Sakura's high level of compassion might have still caused her to beg Sasuke not to leave Konoha, but minus the confession, and the desperate words to try to save Sasuke from falling into complete darkness would have been a bit more coherent and more clearly from her knowledge that if he left Konoha he would be lost to darkness. She might have still emotionally broke down and been unable to participate in the attempted rescue- due to that gut intuition of Sasuke's fate, her very high compassion level, and knowledge that she was nowhere near strong enough to take on Sasuke or the Sound ninja. It would have altered the POAL to being only about saving Sasuke as their team mate. Naruto might have misunderstood and said something about Sakura's feelings for Sasuke, but Sakura would have corrected him (not having the crush) that no she wasn't in love with Sasuke, but he is their team mate and this might be the last chance to save him before he makes the leap into darkness.

When Naruto was in the hospital recovering from his fight with Sasuke that would have been the moment Sakura would have consciously realized she had romantic feelings for Naruto, but I don't think she would have said so at that point as in manga canon she did not immediately say it after Yamato's words in 297 helped her put together what all those feelings she was having for Naruto while he was training for 2 1/2 years and strengthened after his return. It took her several months in storyline time to utter those words to Naruto. I think the obvious trigger moment would have been during the rescue Gaara arc when she found out the danger Naruto was in and the true pain he had endured as a child. She tries to utter something along that line in canon anyway, just her knowledge of what her feelings meant was still a bit muddled in her mind. Without the shadow of her past crush on Sasuke to delay things a tearful love confession to Naruto probably have happened right then.

ciardha if Kishi actually go with everything you have mentioned then NS would have become canon before ch 400 or even 300 for the matter. happy.gif
Gravenimage

Lone Wolf of the Grave

#36 Strangelove

Strangelove

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,766 posts

Posted 09 December 2010 - 12:07 AM

QUOTE (pharix @ Dec 7 2010, 06:07 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I don't think Naruto will be combining the Bijudama with a Sharingan any time soon *nudge nudge*

mew :<

Rasengan...silly me D:

But i still want Naruto to combine the Bijudama with the Sharingan, in a more world of pain level.

Edited by Strangelove, 09 December 2010 - 12:08 AM.

#37 Serenity Namikaze

Serenity Namikaze

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,553 posts

Posted 09 December 2010 - 02:52 AM

More team 7 bond then just NaruSasu (in a brotherhood way, that is rolleyes.gif ) so that mean more Sakura and Kakashi (mostly Sakura because we don't see enough of badass action of the other gender)

Naruto would not be THAT obsess with Sasuke and would have other focus...like maybe his other friend...you know, is supposely childhood crush. It dpesn't mean romantic but, to me, it seem like he have lost the 'I'll think about the other before myself' aspect that make him Naruto ( he still have that aspect but it lost a little of the previous charm in the pre-shippuden serie)

I'll skip the 'child of prophecy' title for Naruto. Not that it doesn't suit him but it contradict what we saw during the fight between Neji and Naruto in the chuunin exam.

Sasuke wouldn't have gain that much free power like that and a LOT less of Sasuke after Pein vs Naruto's fight.

There is probably more but most point have already been said already.

#38 Kasai

Kasai

Academy Student

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
  • Interests:Many things intrigue me

Posted 13 December 2010 - 07:47 AM

if i could change one thing it would be sakura getting some competition from another kunoichi for naruto's heart..... we all know it is going to be naruto and sakura so why not put in some twist to is and make it harder for sakura to get naruto
Kasai Takara Kazunari

What can I say it intrigues me......

"Shoot for the moon and even if you miss you will land among the stars..."
- unknown

#39 Pink Cherries

Pink Cherries

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 114 posts

Posted 14 December 2010 - 12:45 AM

Hm...Sakura would have more fights, Shino would have more screen time, and Tenten would have a last name. Like many said before me, Team Seven bonding with the whole team (not just Naruto and Sasuke alone). I like Ino so maybe she could have a bigger role. Oh, last but not least, there would be an omake chapter where Team Seven (Naruto, Sakura, Sai, and maybe Yamato) attempt to see Kakashi's face. They could fail (again), but it would be funny. biggrin.gif

#40 harry4e

harry4e

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,433 posts

Posted 29 December 2010 - 01:56 AM

I'd probably add another arc or two before the Chunin Exams to see more interaction between Naruto and Sasuke, then I might understand the bond they share, because at the moment I don't quite understand it, and still think Naruto should just cut him into a million little peices using the RasenShuriken and be done with it.

Also as Pink Cherries says, give TenTen a surname, infacts whilst we are at it, give Jiaraya, Orichimaru, Konon, Pain (Though it's likely to be Uzumaki it appears) and a few others as well, I don't undersand how some minor charactors who only had a few scenes get a name yet some of the more important ones don't

Give Naruto and Sakura more scenes together.

Oh and not put Kakashi in the Hospital everytime he fights, he's supposed to be a Kage level Ninja, yet everytime he fights against a strong Jonin level charactor he uses the MS and ends up in the hospital. The dude knows over a thousand Jutsu's yet after a few lighting moves he ends up using the MS instead. It's become a running joke between my mates, everytime he is a fight we try to guess how long he'll end up in Hospital this time.

Edit: I forgot my biggest pet peeve, I'd have Naruto learn something that was completely unrelated to improving the Rasengan somehow, like used his Kage Bushin to learn as many fuuton jutsu's as possible, Learn to use the Toads same way Jiaraya did, and ofcourse learn the Hirashin (Though I still beleive he has learnt that move but yet to master it.)

Edited by harry4e, 29 December 2010 - 02:10 AM.

iAnby7W.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users