• This topic is locked This topic is locked
124 replies to this topic

#21 Paradox Jast

Paradox Jast

Is just a pretty face. Really.

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 842 posts
  • Interests:Naruto, Bleach, Samurai Deeper Kyo, Negima! (to name a couple). World of Warcraft. The Old Republic. Steam. Writing Naruto and Harry Potter fanfiction. Reading Naruto and Harry Potter fanfiction.

Posted 11 May 2011 - 09:35 PM

Remember that Naruto may be acting a little 'different' because he's accepted the part of himself that holds his 'hatred' and doesn't keep it buried away anymore. So it may have made him a little more blunt and boosted his confidence, we've already seen this when dealing with Iruka. With the fox, the cause of most of his hardships, it's just a lot more pronounced.

#22 K9ofChaos

K9ofChaos

f**k the establishment! I'm a bunny!

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,102 posts

Posted 11 May 2011 - 09:48 PM

Disgruntled Sigh of Annoyance and Irritation --Click here to view--
Naruto has once again proven how stupid he is when it comes to listening to logic and reason regarding the whole Sasuke issue.

I'm siding with the Nine-Tails on this one as well. The reasoning is basically that the Fox has said what I and many other fans who strongly dislike Sasuke have said without going into full detail. Not to mention the Nine-Tails statements on how Naruto ending the war by himself is statistically impossible in laughable proportions. Plus it would not obliterate the emotion of hatred which is just as natural as any emotion felt by a human being.

I seriously hope that Sasuke dying a cruel, horrible, painful, agonizing, undignified death and failing miserably at ending the war at the snap of a finger would get that through that thick empty kittening skull of his that he can't save that worthless emo a**hole no matter how hard he tries.

Boy that felt good to let out, so that concludes my rant on this chapter.

#23 James S Cassidy

James S Cassidy

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,831 posts

Posted 11 May 2011 - 09:51 PM

First of all, let me say I hate memory chapters. People will subject them to death.

I actually don't think it's Naruto's angst this time. More like the 9 tails trying to get under his skin...no pun intended. The 9 tails is trying to use Naruto's sensitive spots to get Naruto to weaken his resolve. He already decided what he is going to do with Sasuke. It's not angst. More like trying to guilt trip. I really see the flashback as being superfluous. It really added nothing, but we did get a nice convoy between Naruto and the 9 tails so at least they are talking. I also actually don't think Naruto did anything wrong with treating the 9 tails the way he did. He is kind of trying to show who is boss and if he is unwilling to comply well...

I also think this memory is showing where it all started. Kind of the "how has things changed since then." Looking at it, Naruto is really just reflecting on his resolve that if everything else can change so dramatically...so can this.

My gofundme
https://www.gofundme...c-designer-fund

Δικός σου για να κρατάτε
Σ'αγαπώ

#24 Strangelove

Strangelove

And guess what's inside it

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,766 posts

Posted 11 May 2011 - 10:16 PM

QUOTE (Quinny52 @ May 11 2011, 09:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
A chapter worth thinking about. A few things here that got my attetetntion, one bieng Sakura on page 12 (as harry4e already pointed out). It'll be interesting trying to evaluate what that panel was about, though harry's theory was a good one, and not too unbelievable. Could it really be that Sakura began crushing on Sasuke because at the time she was still trying to emulate Ino?? Worth thinking about...

The Fox's demeanor was another thing that caught my eye. It seems having all that power in its body and to then have it taken away has apparently humbled it somewhat, considering it was the one who struck up the conversation with Naruto, not the other way 'round. And while it's still attempting to persuade Naruto to release it, it did so in a more lighthearted fashion. Of course the thing in this chapter was the Fox voicing its 'concerns' about Naruto's intentions, bringing up a lot of the questions that most people here have been wondering. The trouble is that Naruto is keeping his cards close to his chest, though it's only a matter of time before we find out what exactly he's got in mind. I think this chapter is supposed to make people think back to 488, when Naruto he would tell everyone "when the time is right". Just have to hold out until then.

That last panel, it almost looks like Naruto is preparing to climb up onto the Fox's snout (like Bee does with the 8-tails). Wonder if next chapter will show a follow-up to that. Afterall, he intentionally walked inside the Fox's cage, there must be a reason for that.

Also, in the space of three chapters, Nagato has been referenced twice, a flashback in 535, and again in this chapter. I'm wondering now whether he IS coming back into the story as I've been speculating for a while.

This may be a referenced to a future, what the fox said about Nagato.

He is important, not because of his abilities, but also because of his Uzumaki lineage, which as it appears may not be that random anymore.

tumblr_mo8pka1E1T1qflb4co1_500.gif

#25 Darth Krypt

Darth Krypt

Sith Lord

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,559 posts

Posted 11 May 2011 - 11:01 PM

There's no solid proof of pairings here. Not Sakura or Hinata. This is just a flashback during the academy days where things were different from now. Sakura was in love with Sasuke. Hinata was always secretly supporting Naruto. This isn't anything new. Even if you think Sakura showed concern because of the exclamation mark, it doesn't change the fact that she still liked Sasuke like crazy until the end of part 1.

DK

PgkbwAs.png

#26 Mik3

Mik3

Dame a raise un perdedor.

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,843 posts
  • Interests:games, anime, music. just chilling.

Posted 11 May 2011 - 11:06 PM

QUOTE (James S Cassidy @ May 11 2011, 05:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
First of all, let me say I hate memory chapters. People will subject them to death.

I actually don't think it's Naruto's angst this time. More like the 9 tails trying to get under his skin...no pun intended. The 9 tails is trying to use Naruto's sensitive spots to get Naruto to weaken his resolve. He already decided what he is going to do with Sasuke. It's not angst. More like trying to guilt trip. I really see the flashback as being superfluous. It really added nothing, but we did get a nice convoy between Naruto and the 9 tails so at least they are talking. I also actually don't think Naruto did anything wrong with treating the 9 tails the way he did. He is kind of trying to show who is boss and if he is unwilling to comply well...

I also think this memory is showing where it all started. Kind of the "how has things changed since then." Looking at it, Naruto is really just reflecting on his resolve that if everything else can change so dramatically...so can this.

Exactly, good post.
\

#27 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,846 posts
  • Interests:Video games (fighting), NaruSaku, Naruto, Sonic, Street Fighter, DOA, Darkstalkers, Tekken, computers, MHA

Posted 11 May 2011 - 11:30 PM

QUOTE (James S Cassidy @ May 11 2011, 05:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yep, that was what the chapter's about. But the flashback does have some meaning, I mean look at the "symbol of Harmony" thing Iruka was talking about. That was shown at the end of the Valley of the End fight back at Part 1. At first, we thought it has something to do with Naruto and Sasuke's bond. But now, the gesture is more of a truce/peaceful way to end certain things.

latest?cb=20140126021943

What's Happening with the Naruto series as of now!

#28 ShippudenGirl

ShippudenGirl

Happy-Go-Lucky

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,539 posts

Posted 11 May 2011 - 11:40 PM

I liked it! Naruto was the animal in this one, lol wow.png Yeah, Naruto basically knew Sasuke was cracked since they met and fought, he's just being ignorant? Naïve? Anyway, lol at the Sasuke fan-girls. Interesting how Sakura changed her tone when Sasuke pinned Naruto. "Yay Sasuke-kun!" "Uh" lol. Did anyone notice that Kishi forgot to draw Hinata's eyes or their just really big, lol, it was creepy.

#29 ciardha

ciardha

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,308 posts
  • Interests:Narusaku, cosplay, writing fanfiction, dollfies, Japanese history. literature and culture, linguistics, ancient Celtic history, literature, and culture, Wicca, women's history, Buffy and Spike, Rogue and Gambit, Miaka and Taka, John Lennon and Yoko Ono, sewing, reading, many shoujo and josei manga series, Star Trek, Star Wars, liberal and feminist activism

Posted 11 May 2011 - 11:45 PM

QUOTE (Darth Krypt @ May 11 2011, 07:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
There's no solid proof of pairings here. Not Sakura or Hinata. This is just a flashback during the academy days where things were different from now. Sakura was in love with Sasuke. Hinata was always secretly supporting Naruto. This isn't anything new. Even if you think Sakura showed concern because of the exclamation mark, it doesn't change the fact that she still liked Sasuke like crazy until the end of part 1.

Ah, but we see even when she was fangirling Sasuke she never neglects Naruto when he's in danger, and pretty quickly starts backing his goal to become Hokage, even if she thinks it's an impossible goal. That moment where she reacts differently from Ino, and because of something that happened to Naruto- gets a shocked and concerned look on her face does mean somethng. It's probably her first step away from always following Ino's lead too.
Dream you dream alone is only a dream, but dream we dream together is reality- Yoko Ono 1971

When you go to war, both sides lose totally- Yoko Ono

Remember, our hearts are one. Even when we are at war with each other, our hearts are always beating in unison- Yoko Ono 2009

#30 tricksie

tricksie

Legendary Ninja

• ANBU
  • 3,655 posts

Posted 12 May 2011 - 12:35 AM

QUOTE (ciardha @ May 11 2011, 07:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Ah, but we see even when she was fangirling Sasuke she never neglects Naruto when he's in danger, and pretty quickly starts backing his goal to become Hokage, even if she thinks it's an impossible goal. That moment where she reacts differently from Ino, and because of something that happened to Naruto- gets a shocked and concerned look on her face does mean somethng. It's probably her first step away from always following Ino's lead too.

Yeah, it was nice that she didn't get thrown under the bus like she always does in the anime. Even so early on she was beginning to think for herself, consider supporting the underdog Naruto, when there was no reason to (as in social approval, etc.).

So this chapter really touched on the emotional changes to come for all three of them. Presented comically, the rest of the crowd — Shika, Chouji, Ino, Kiba, Shino and, of course, Hinata — are shown as basically unchanged.

I, for one, was glad to see a Naruto-centric chapter again. Breathed life into the manga. It made me realize how little I pay attention when more minor characters (or Sasuke, grrrr) dominate the chapters.

Lastly, how cute is little Naruto?! heheelq7.png A-dor-a-ble! Kishimoto's illustration style is more refined than 10 years ago. And it's nice to see the young characters redrawn with a surer hand. And Sasuke with a little more heaviness than I remember. Not darker, exactly, but certainly lacking his arrogant smirk. In fact, a few times he almost looked like a young Itachi. Anyway, it's hard not to completely be on Naruto's side in this. He's such a scrappy kid, you just want him to beat the daylights out of Sasuke! And yeah, hard not to miss his big frown at Sakura's words, which unintentionally fired him up.

#31 Otaru

Otaru

絶対 負けない

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,489 posts

Posted 12 May 2011 - 12:40 AM

Oh god how i loved this chapter !!!

I haven't expected this AT ALL !!!
I thought we would see Madara and some fights, or maybe Bee and Naruto facing Tsunade and Raikage... but this !!!
Kyuubi came to talk to Naruto it's awesome !!!
It's obvious Kyuubi cares for Naruto, and Naruto's bright chakra that actually feeds him helps in the process !

And i'm so happy to see Naruto with all this self confidence !
It's fun, Kyuubi asked him all the things that i saw on many forums.
Many of the fans were asking those questions about Naruto : "he's too naive", "he keeps believing he can do it alone" "he wasn't even able to help Sasuke" .......
And that's it, Naruto answered them all !

I really don't understand how so much people came to not like this chapter.
I mean, come on, we were all waiting for this, Naruto and Kyuubi collaborating, and it's really on the verge of happening now.

Even the flashback is refreshing, we've had only war and though chapters until now, a little child comedy is good ^^
And, i really don't understand how so much people came to see material about pairings in that flashback.
There is nothing more the manga has already stated.
Is it true that NaruHina fandom is crazy about this flashback ? My god they really don't have a brain... there is nothing in the flashback about NaruHina.
And also, is it true there is AGAIN Sakura bashing ? But why ? She was a CHILD, i really don't understand. Every child make mistakes, and she really did nothing here. She was crazy about Sasuke, yes, but we already know that.
Kishi just showed us some flashback, it's the past he already created. Some things can't be changed.

I don't think this flashback is useless. It's about the fundamental signs around ninja fighting. I think, on the contrary, that's wise from Kishi, because through that, he has come full circle with a thing he repeated often in his manga. I just hope he will do the same for everything, and at the end, every little question will be answered. I can understand some people are getting sick of Sasuke, i don't like that subject myself. But i think this flashback was necessary to be about Naruto and Sasuke because it's Kishi placing his checks for the future.

Edited by Otaru, 12 May 2011 - 12:47 AM.

sakurachansmallerbetter.jpg

#32 pharix

pharix

Special Jounin

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 859 posts

Posted 12 May 2011 - 01:43 AM

QUOTE (ShippudenGirl @ May 11 2011, 07:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Did anyone notice that Kishi forgot to draw Hinata's eyes or their just really big, lol, it was creepy.

at least she wasn't a bobblehead like in the fillers

#33 Toasty Warrior

Toasty Warrior

Phenomenal One

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,791 posts
  • Interests:Hanging with friends, playing video games, watching anime

Posted 12 May 2011 - 02:16 AM

With all this discussion of what Naruto's going to do with Sasuke, it reminds me of a quote I heard sometime ago: "You can't save those who don't want to be saved", I think that quote holds true for Sasuke and what Naruto is deciding to do with him.

phenomenal_one_banner_by_denizlispor-d5h

"They don't want none"

#34 ciardha

ciardha

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,308 posts
  • Interests:Narusaku, cosplay, writing fanfiction, dollfies, Japanese history. literature and culture, linguistics, ancient Celtic history, literature, and culture, Wicca, women's history, Buffy and Spike, Rogue and Gambit, Miaka and Taka, John Lennon and Yoko Ono, sewing, reading, many shoujo and josei manga series, Star Trek, Star Wars, liberal and feminist activism

Posted 12 May 2011 - 02:31 AM

QUOTE (tricksie @ May 11 2011, 08:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yeah, it was nice that she didn't get thrown under the bus like she always does in the anime. Even so early on she was beginning to think for herself, consider supporting the underdog Naruto, when there was no reason to (as in social approval, etc.).

In fact, strong social pressure to loathe Naruto. Hinata is free to be on Naruto's side because being from one of the two (and at this point the only, except for Sasuke being the lone representative of the other- the Uchiha) most elite families of Konoha puts her social status wise above all the other girls. We see the other girls just ignore her, she has neither positive or negative status with them. Sakura on the other hand is at the bottom of the social status scale amongst the girls, (and likely overall only Naruto ranks below her socially- no parents and his behavior doesn't exactly win over others,) she absolutely has to fit in, and Ino's protection gives her a tenuous link to that. She's still not to the point where she is ready to stand up to those other girls that bullied her, but inwardly that caring side of her is starting to build, and the side that reacts to seeing one person taken down by another that hopelessly outclasses them as a fighter.

So this chapter really touched on the emotional changes to come for all three of them. Presented comically, the rest of the crowd — Shika, Chouji, Ino, Kiba, Shino and, of course, Hinata — are shown as basically unchanged.

Yeah, it was an interesting contrast- Naruto and Sakura are both quite different than they are even in chapter 3.

Anyway, it's hard not to completely be on Naruto's side in this. He's such a scrappy kid, you just want him to beat the daylights out of Sasuke! And yeah, hard not to miss his big frown at Sakura's words, which unintentionally fired him up.

Heh, even before he falls for her, she still fires him up. biggrin.gif

I wasn't completely on Naruto's side, he was a total brat to Iruka, and Iruka's reactions to Naruto acting that way had me nodding my head. Naruto's grown up a lot since then, he knows now he was an obnoxious brat to Iruka, you see it on his current time's face, he feels bad at how he acted toward Iruka.
Dream you dream alone is only a dream, but dream we dream together is reality- Yoko Ono 1971

Remember, our hearts are one. Even when we are at war with each other, our hearts are always beating in unison- Yoko Ono 2009

#35 Paptala

Paptala

Examiner

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,021 posts

Posted 12 May 2011 - 02:35 AM

QUOTE (Fliss @ May 11 2011, 02:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I agree with Kim, I mean come onnnn Naruto. Sasuke shouldn't be your only drive in life
Hmm what did sakura's explanation point mean? I was wondering about that. Anywayssss, the chapter was alright. A little boring. I want to see some action, not flashbacks.

QUOTE (Hak @ May 11 2011, 02:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Angsting over Sasuke is bad enough, but what I really didn't like was his treatment for Kyuubi. It was so unNaruto like.

QUOTE (KungFuTruffle @ May 11 2011, 05:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
*Sigh* Another eighteen page love letter from Masashi Kishimoto to Sasuke. This isn't friendship anymore. Naruto is basically being written as a stalker at this point. It's depressing and annoying.

QUOTE (K9ofChaos @ May 11 2011, 05:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Disgruntled Sigh of Annoyance and Irritation --Click here to view--
Naruto has once again proven how stupid he is when it comes to listening to logic and reason regarding the whole Sasuke issue.

I'm siding with the Nine-Tails on this one as well. The reasoning is basically that the Fox has said what I and many other fans who strongly dislike Sasuke have said without going into full detail. Not to mention the Nine-Tails statements on how Naruto ending the war by himself is statistically impossible in laughable proportions. Plus it would not obliterate the emotion of hatred which is just as natural as any emotion felt by a human being.

I seriously hope that Sasuke dying a cruel, horrible, painful, agonizing, undignified death and failing miserably at ending the war at the snap of a finger would get that through that thick empty kittening skull of his that he can't save that worthless emo a**hole no matter how hard he tries.

Boy that felt good to let out, so that concludes my rant on this chapter.

First of all, I'm probably going to come off sounding pretty kitteny, so I apologize in advance for that because my irritation is really not directed at you. I'm simply irritated at the overwhelming negativity I keep seeing in response to Naruto chapters regardless of what happens in the chapter.

Naruto was not angsting over Sasuke this chapter - Kyuubi dragged Naruto into his mindscape to talk to him. Kyuubi brought Sasuke up, purposefully so because it knows that Sasuke is his biggest weak spot. Where before Naruto got all depressed and weepy over the situation, this time he was just frowning and then told the fox to stfu.

Which leads me to my next point. How is Naruto's treatment of Kyuubi viewed as something detrimental? Was he forceful? Yes. But that's because the fox was attempting to manipulate him for his own gain. He wasn't worried about Naruto, he was trying to gain the upper hand. Kyuubi started the conversation off by trying to trick Naruto into using his power again, and then goes on this rant about how Naruto is going to fail. How is Naruto supposed to respond? Kishimoto couldn't it have made it any clearer. Naruto said it himself, "Are you saying I should just sit around, paralyzed by fear? That's exactly what you want Kyuubi,"

It is not arrogance, it's self confidence. Naruto is done doubting himself and crying over the issue. It doesn't help anything, just like he said so early on in the manga.

Was the chapter redundant? Yes. Was the flashback boring and telling us kitten we already know? Yes.

But to say the whole chapter was about Naruto "angsting" and "obsessing" over Sasuke and that he was mistreating the Kyuubi is just not what happened.

Edited by Paptala, 12 May 2011 - 02:44 AM.

0mDsIUH.gif
7VO00.png
set art by yui  |

#36 MangaReader

MangaReader

I'm the Greatest Ever!!

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,416 posts
  • Interests:Drawing
    Animating
    Watching TV

Posted 12 May 2011 - 02:43 AM

QUOTE (Toasty Warrior @ May 12 2011, 02:16 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
With all this discussion of what Naruto's going to do with Sasuke, it reminds me of a quote I heard sometime ago: "You can't save those who don't want to be saved", I think that quote holds true for Sasuke and what Naruto is deciding to do with him.

You took the words right out of my mouth, but I have a small feeling that Sasuke's gonna have a magical ticket to redemption, but it's only small.

sad_naruto_sig_by_mangafreak17-d81c8fy.p

Even if I'm not the one to make you happy

#37 Super Boom

Super Boom

WC?

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,294 posts

Posted 12 May 2011 - 02:59 AM

QUOTE (ciardha @ May 11 2011, 09:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Heh, even before he falls for her, she still fires him up. biggrin.gif

Had he not fallen for her at this point? Or did he not even have a crush on her yet? I can't remember if it was ever stated when Naruto started liking Sakura.

tumblr_ndajpwG2zQ1qitrvro1_500.gif

#38 ciardha

ciardha

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,308 posts

Posted 12 May 2011 - 03:32 AM

QUOTE (Boom...Winning @ May 11 2011, 10:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Had he not fallen for her at this point? Or did he not even have a crush on her yet? I can't remember if it was ever stated when Naruto started liking Sakura.

Naw, you can tell by how he's thinking in that chapter girls aren't on his radar yet. He's just thinking about wanting kids of both genders to admire him. He's figured out Sasuke is the biggest bad ass in this class so he wants to beat him and have everyone admire him.

#39 Evil Potato

Evil Potato

Chuunin

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 468 posts

Posted 12 May 2011 - 03:50 AM

Once again I will say, I loved this chapter. Some of you think Naruto was being stupid and illogical, some think he was cruel to the fox.

First off, the Kyuubi has seen everyone of Naruto's achievements first hand and this chapter proved it. He has seen Naruto prove everyone wrong, and still he doubted Naruto and tried to tell Naruto that he wouldn't be able to shoulder the hatred alone. Naruto hates when people doubt him, but the Kyuubi has seen Naruto do the impossible and yet he doubts him. This is why Naruto glared at the Kyuubi and told him not to underestimate him. Even after that the Kyuubi continued to cast his negative thoughts on Naruto's abilities so Naruto brought his head down to his level and made the Kyuubi look right into his eyes up close while Naruto told him he would do everything he said he would do.

Second, this chapter isn't a Sasuke worshiping chapter, don't know why some of yaw thought it was, this chapter was just showing more deeply Naruto's resolve in this whole mess. It is building up for the epic fights to come, might as well enjoy every bit of it, I know I am biggrin.gif

#40 Fyuria'sLeo

Fyuria'sLeo

Dork

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,847 posts
  • Interests:Space, Video Games, Drawing, Writing, Science, Reading, Friendship. Mostly things about space.

Posted 12 May 2011 - 04:02 AM

Really good chapter. Lots of debates going on. Im wih both Naruto and the Kyuubi. But who else thought it was cool when naruto walked into the Kyuubi's cage and was like c'mere.

8c5a9c63d23baf4e9d077bf65597592bb55115a2

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users