Close
Photo

Twilight in graphic novel?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
27 replies to this topic

#21 Whirlpool-Maelstrom

Whirlpool-Maelstrom

Sometimes I get to poetic for my own good!

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 234 posts
  • Interests:Reading Fanfiction and video games(lately it's only being the former)

Posted 25 March 2010 - 10:28 PM

Books, movies, now manga, what else is there for twilight to come into... Video Games. TWILIGHT: THE VIDEO GAME. VAMPIRE DATING SIMULATION GAME. *Goes to Vomit in some corner* I don't wanna bash twilight but there's some cows that don't need to be so milked. BTW Maelstroms > Giant Robots.

#22 CloudMountainJuror

CloudMountainJuror

Zac the CMJ

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,726 posts

Posted 25 March 2010 - 10:33 PM

You've got...to be kidding me... Isn't there enough hype over Twilight? They don't need to add a graphic novel! Please, God, NO! DX

"The time has come at last for you to learn everything . . .

Fare thee well, Albert, my friend."

AboojTi.gif

#23 Whirlpool-Maelstrom

Whirlpool-Maelstrom

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 234 posts
  • Interests:Reading Fanfiction and video games(lately it's only being the former)

Posted 25 March 2010 - 10:39 PM

QUOTE (zacrathedemon5 @ Mar 25 2010, 10:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You've got...to be kidding me... Isn't there enough hype over Twilight? They don't need to add a graphic novel! Please, God, NO! DX

They don't need, but they'll have it anyway, gosh like i said earlier some cows don't need to be so milked like this one.

#24 dl316bh

dl316bh

International Smug Elitist

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,519 posts

Posted 26 March 2010 - 02:39 AM

What's saddest about this isn't that Twilight is being turned into a graphic novel. Frankly, something like this was bound to happen and I'm honestly somewhat shocked it was done in the American GN format instead of the questionably popular manga format this type of thing is usually done in these days. The worst part is that it ends up failing on a technical level.

Internet comic blogger Chris Sims of Invincible Super Blog - who recently concluded a Twitter bashing/read-along of the book itself, so he's more than familiar with it - explains where they went wrong:

http://www.comicsall...t-manga-review/

He doesn't talk much about the story, so if you're worried about gobs of Twilight bashing you can click without fear.

Edited by dl316bh, 26 March 2010 - 02:52 AM.

bd5.jpg

#25 Whirlpool-Maelstrom

Whirlpool-Maelstrom

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 234 posts

Posted 26 March 2010 - 07:17 PM

QUOTE (dl316bh @ Mar 26 2010, 02:39 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
What's saddest about this isn't that Twilight is being turned into a graphic novel. Frankly, something like this was bound to happen and I'm honestly somewhat shocked it was done in the American GN format instead of the questionably popular manga format this type of thing is usually done in these days. The worst part is that it ends up failing on a technical level.

Internet comic blogger Chris Sims of Invincible Super Blog - who recently concluded a Twitter bashing/read-along of the book itself, so he's more than familiar with it - explains where they went wrong:

http://www.comicsall...t-manga-review/

He doesn't talk much about the story, so if you're worried about gobs of Twilight bashing you can click without fear.

Great Review! The guy knew how to hit the right spots. Like he said the art was actually quite nice, but the lettering is HHHHHOOOORRRIIIIBBBLLLE and of course the story is that piece of disgusting-brown-thing-in-the-bottom-of-the-toilet but hey that's twilight. so it will sell well with the countless hordes of brainless fangirls and fanboys.

Edited by Whirlpool-Maelstrom, 26 March 2010 - 07:18 PM.

#26 dl316bh

dl316bh

International Smug Elitist

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,519 posts

Posted 26 March 2010 - 08:08 PM

What's trippy about the whole thing is that there's no way it's not going to sell. They're going to be swimming in money over this. So why they couldn't hire a professional to make the book the best it could be I haven't the foggiest.

You'd think they'd put the effort in considering, as Sims mentioned, this may well be the first experience with comics for a lot of folks.
bd5.jpg

#27 Whirlpool-Maelstrom

Whirlpool-Maelstrom

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 234 posts

Posted 26 March 2010 - 08:17 PM

QUOTE (dl316bh @ Mar 26 2010, 08:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
What's trippy about the whole thing is that there's no way it's not going to sell. They're going to be swimming in money over this. So why they couldn't hire a professional to make the book the best it could be I haven't the foggiest.

You'd think they'd put the effort in considering, as Sims mentioned, this may well be the first experience with comics for a lot of folks.

Yeah that's the thing, since it's twilight material it's going to sell and not little, how can i say the art is good but nothing out of the normal, just go check one of those irregular manga that take lots of time to post a new chapter, their art is gold to the eyes, while twilight's is... meh... like you sid it's trippy for something as (unfortunately) big as the twilight series to get something like this, they could have gotten way better but they didn't. Makes me think do they want to mimic the book series, crappy but sells lots and lots aniway.

#28 Dark

Dark

Chuunin

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 459 posts
  • Interests:I like writing, reading, working out, and being online. :3

Posted 26 March 2010 - 10:47 PM

QUOTE (krisk @ Mar 13 2010, 12:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
but doesn't the title "Twilight" being the FIRST thing in the thread already tip ya off to expect a bash thread? it shouldn't be a surprised; this is always gonna be the kind of response it's gonna get, w/out a doubt

no offense to the fans who already posted but i think Darki was smart enough not to even bother. Moonpie (can't tell if you're a fan or not lul) gets an A+ for effort though. although, on the otherhand, i think she's just a fan of drawlings wow.png

but w/e
until parents stand up to their 14 year old daughters and idk stop giving them their fangirl royalty checks, this (and the many many projects to come) is gonna make big bucks aka financial perma-safety

LOL, I didn't see the thread until today, but yeah i don't defend it much anyway. I just like the books, the movies are just okay. Anyway, obviously it's going to sell because it has a high-fan base. Just like anything Harry Potter related sells, or Zhu-Zhu pets, Hello Kitty, etc. I don't really mind bashing, because anything that is mostly targeted towards a certain audience is going to get hate, and I'm only one person to defend the whole thing sooooo...not worth the effort.

Point is, bashing is fine. The novels will make money, fans will be happy, there we go.

8)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users