195 replies to this topic

#21 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 04 December 2013 - 06:41 AM

We dont know, it ended with him sucking the kyuubi's chakra on the fodder shinobis, Madara is not going to target the bijuus i dont think he can handle them and srsly it took 3 days to seal them on gedo mazou this guy is not going to do it in seconds, and Naruto might be trolling if he doesnt enter bijuu mode, but i think it's kage vs Madara once again.

Well he said he is going after them now and Hashirama noticed right away that they are his targets. Let's not forget that Madara claimed that he wants Kyuubi or "pet" back. He knows how to tame Bijuus from the look of it. Remember, it's all about battle smarts, and so far, he's showing it. There's always a way and since the tree is still there, who is to say you can't do anything about it? Obito doesn't know that much like Madara, since Obito is only taught, not discover on his own time.

In fact, Madara can do a meteor right now, only this time, dodge it and perhaps make it stronger with sage.

#22 Hiraishin

Hiraishin

infinite

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,021 posts

Posted 04 December 2013 - 06:48 AM

I don't feel

Ah, okay, I get what you're saying. Lots of people take breaks from Naruto and they say it's nice... Refreshing and stuff. But yeah, I wouldn't be able to stay away either, even if I wanted to lol.

I know how you feel about wanting Sakura back. And ugh, I really do think you're right - she won't be relevant again until Naruto and Sasuke's battle, which sucks. I want to see her do something here. And when she's there during that battle, I really hope it's more than just a couple of reaction shots and tears (also, Kishimoto stated that a fight between Naruto and Sasuke is waiting as well, so I don't think we have to worry about that - but now that I think about it, Madara's statement really is... something. Interesting, but not necessarily in a good way...).

Probably. That would be a great (hopefully at least haha) cliffhanger.

Title of the chapter is awesome by the way. Madara Uchiha is back.

Edited by Hiraishin, 04 December 2013 - 06:50 AM.

narusaku_ss_by_Cynthi.jpg

#23 soraandven

soraandven

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,357 posts

Posted 04 December 2013 - 07:06 AM

sasuke actually impressed me the most in this chapter its been awhile since he did that him turning down madara's offer was pretty badass i guess he really will restore the uchia clan in his own way

tumblr_inline_o0t4b3AHI71txjvtf_500.gif

#24 soraandven

soraandven

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,357 posts

Posted 04 December 2013 - 07:11 AM

however naruto and him still need to fight their last fight ended in a draw at the final valleyso there has to be a winner in the next fight

#25 morgaine4

morgaine4

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 355 posts

Posted 04 December 2013 - 07:11 AM

Ah, okay, I get what you're saying. Lots of people take breaks from Naruto and they say it's nice... Refreshing and stuff. But yeah, I wouldn't be able to stay away either, even if I wanted to lol.

I know how you feel about wanting Sakura back. And ugh, I really do think you're right - she won't be relevant again until Naruto and Sasuke's battle, which sucks. I want to see her do something here. And when she's there during that battle, I really hope it's more than just a couple of reaction shots and tears (also, Kishimoto stated that a fight between Naruto and Sasuke is waiting as well, so I don't think we have to worry about that - but now that I think about it, Madara's statement really is... something. Interesting, but not necessarily in a good way...).

Probably. That would be a great (hopefully at least haha) cliffhanger.

Title of the chapter is awesome by the way. Madara Uchiha is back.

Teehee, I actually did take about a 2 year break from the manga it wasn't that hard.  I just want to know what the end of the year cliffhanger will be.

soraandevan, I agree about Sasuke.  I liked seeing that side of him.

Edited by morgaine4, 04 December 2013 - 07:12 AM.

#26 Psychox

Psychox

Examiner

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,088 posts
  • Interests:Football, Swimming, Free-running, Working ,Studying ,Music,Assassin's Creed ... Metallica , Iron Maiden , System of a down , Rammstein , Skillet , Disturbed ,Groove Coverage, Serj Tankian's Singles, DJ Kelly Bailey,DJ DarkZone, Vocal Trance ,Powerwolf,Slayer ,Judas Priest ,Manowar , Linkin Park ,Nickelback.. And many many more :)

And NaruSaku of course ^^

I apply my heart to no wisdom, and to know madness and folly. I perceived that this also was a chasing of the wind. For in much wisdom is much grief; and he who increased knowledge, increased sorrow.

Nobis non domine non nobis.

Laa shay'a waqui'n moutlaq bale kouloun moumkine.

Nulla e reale, tutto e lecito .

Das ist Wilde Verwegen Jagd .

Posted 04 December 2013 - 07:25 AM

Now this is what i call a chapter worth reading at least 3 times . Madara's will has a joker smile though, oooh, creepy :D.

narusaku_signature_by_xsakuraharuno-d5d7

#27 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 04 December 2013 - 07:32 AM

The only benefit of having Sasuke being anti-hero is to have that kind of side of him.

#28 Jake

Jake

Elite Teacher

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,172 posts

Posted 04 December 2013 - 07:45 AM

I loved this chapter, who could've guessed that the biggest threat to the Shinobi World would be a man without eyes. Can't wait til next chapter.

HampESig_zpsfc7d2080.jpg

#29 Dkey

Dkey

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,408 posts

Posted 04 December 2013 - 07:47 AM

nice chapter. thou my thoughts go a bit towards Obito. right now he is becoming a puppet as Madara intended.

As for Madara himself it feels like he is some rock or heavy metal god here that came to crush the posers

#30 LadyGT

LadyGT

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,710 posts
  • Interests:Drawing pretty much everything that defines "randomness".

Posted 04 December 2013 - 07:57 AM

Sai is there because he's going to die.

aw9vkj.gif

#31 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 04 December 2013 - 08:03 AM

Sai is there because he's going to die.

Well, he didn't get killed there, so I don't think so. I think it just need a way to have transportation for Naruto and Sasuke, especially today's chapter with him hovering like that. Otherwise, he will be flying, which that would be lol worthy.

Well, review here:

Chapter 657 Review

Edited by NaruSaku4Life3g, 04 December 2013 - 08:08 AM.

#32 Toasty Warrior

Toasty Warrior

Phenomenal One

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,791 posts
  • Interests:Hanging with friends, playing video games, watching anime

Posted 04 December 2013 - 08:15 AM

So Madara was brought back to life and already he's OP? Gosh dang it... what is the Alliance gonna do against him now? He's able to absorb chakra and he even absorbed Hashirama's chakra. So this doesn't bold well for them unless Madara's will turns on him and finds a way to hurt him along with Obito.

phenomenal_one_banner_by_denizlispor-d5h

"They don't want none"

#33 lupina

lupina

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,650 posts

Posted 04 December 2013 - 08:54 AM

Ok, so Sasuke and Naruto are going to defeat Madara when they truly understand each other ... So Sasukes little "Plan" is going to be revealed first because otherwiese it's not possible for them to do so.

So:

Naruto will definetly loose his Bijuu.

And Sasuke will probably loose his eyes.

Sakura might save Naruto when Madara took his Bijuu.

And lets not forget, Karin is an Uzumaki (Senju) too.

Still no Idea what Orochimarus Plan is. Still don't know where the hell Yamato is and what role he (and Anko) are going to play.

Maybe Orochimaru has some super special secret technique to revive The 1st Hokage?!

Oh God, so many possibilities :zaru:

"We live in a world that is so quick to convince us to ignore our feelings. Feeling stressed? Get a massage. Feeling angry? Go to the bar with your friends and blow off steam. Feeling lonely? Meet someone in cyberspace and have a conversation on the computer. Depressed? Take a pill. Anxiety? Take 2 pills. Feeling happy? Well, by George, don’t talk about that because no one likes a bragger. Same with being sad, no one likes a Debbie Downer. But, heaven FORBID, that you actually TALK about your feelings and process them in a healthy way."

- Amy Cassidy

#34 soraandven

soraandven

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,357 posts

Posted 04 December 2013 - 08:57 AM

The only benefit of having Sasuke being anti-hero is to have that kind of side of him.

yeah i just hope he's not stupid enough to join a psychopath again especially since he started all this obito was just his puppet although maybe kishi hasn't decided what to do with sasuke yet

#35 Atheck

Atheck

Ally of NaruSaku

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,050 posts

Posted 04 December 2013 - 09:10 AM

Wow, surprisingly that assumption about Madara acquiring senjutsu and emphasis of the two clans comprised of Hagoromo's Yin and Yang coming together to create an incredibly powerful force was proven to be accurate after all. The chakra infused on his chest might be attracting the senjutsu to it since it would resonate with the same essence as Hashirama. With it, the door should be opened to the vast expanse of strengths and abilities that nature affords a sage.

Madara has been forced to close his eyes. That would significantly weaken him under normal circumstances, but with the senjutsu he's fighting like how DSM Kabuto would. Relying on chakra sensory awareness and quick reflexes to avoid attacks as he closes the distance between himself and his enemy for an attack. It's a mystery how he would have handled his enemies in the alternate scenario where he is resurrected without the modifications Kabuto provided for him. He had already injected himself with Hashirama's DNA prior to the war, but Madara seemed to be emphasising the face that was inserted onto his chest as the source of his Yang abilities particularly.

It's the long awaited interaction between Sasuke and Madara. The chemistry that suddenly arose between them seemed expected. An elder warrior who is easily deflecting and countering the strikes of a young, seemingly unfledged novice as he lectures him. You can see that Madara has a greater feeling of sentimental fondness towards Sasuke than anyone else that he's encountered so far (excluding Hashirama). Even Tobi didn't receive this much preferential treatment when he was still working together with Madara. Remember that Tobi was integral to his plans, Sasuke isn't. He may have taken a liking towards Sasuke because he can sense the quality and nature of chakra that he has. Since they have been paralleled with each other, it stands to reason that Madara's ideology (as the embodiment of the Older Son) and personality would reflect upon Sasuke. Madara might sense this and like Kakashi, who in the original series had taken a close interest in Sasuke as well because of how similar they were, wants to counsel the young Uchiha because he realises the potential that he has. Not just in the technical sense, but for how he can so easily indoctrinate this impressionable "blank canvas" (as he's been referred to by at least three different people) with his philosophy. Many of the overarching antagonists and some of the "good" characters have tried this now. Kakashi, Hashirama (mostly philosophical), Itachi, Orochimaru, Tobi, and now Madara...

I'm looking forward to seeing how their relationship develops. 

Well we now understand how Black Zetsu survived. He's definitely a crafty one. Sadly, it looks as if his programming has completely overridden any compassion he might have once had for Tobi. Just listen to his matter-of-fact tone of speech as he callously hovers over his dying companion. Still, even if his motivations are predictable, he's still a fascinating character to have around. He's the only active Akatsuki member remaining (technically Madara never joined Akatsuki) and it looks like he might finally receive an on-screen battle. The last time we saw him in combat was against Mei and the protection squad at the beginning of the war. Despite looking competent, the fight was off-screen so we couldn't accurately judge how efficient Black Zetsu is. This is the best opportunity that we're going to get for a full-fledged presentation of what Zetsu is capable of. The fact that he's using Tobi's body is disappointing somewhat, but it should still be good. Considering who he is up against, it's logical that he would attempt to strike at them psychologically by having Tobi's unwilling body fight them. So I'm really looking forward to his fight. 

Like many others have already expressed, it's disappointing to see Sakura relegated to the background again with the Alliance fodder. Every member of Team 7 is now directly participating in the conflicts besides Yamato. Even Sai, who has no sentimental or narrative relevance to these enemies, was personally involved this chapter when he made a move against Madara and when Sasuke flew onto the scene on the back of an ink hawk (which is odd since he has a hawk summoning). Every young member of the team was standing around Madara, poised to fight, except for the female member. Can Kishi just not find a proper area to inject Sakura into the scene where she might be effective? I'm reminded of his statement given far back about his general ineptitude when it comes to drawing heroines. Which is odd because we know that he has the potential to write effectively for Sakura. The Kazekage Rescue arc is the shining example of that. So why can't he portray the assertive and heroic Sakura that had taken charge back then?  

All things considered, I think many people will agree that the best part of this chapter is how utterly badass Madara was. Single-handedly repelling the so-called "saviour" of the world and a highly adept Uchiha with EMS, blitzing and berating the "god of shinobi" who is at his mercy, and at the end he's standing on the emacitated body of a shinobi he disposed of off-screen looking out towards the vast expanse of men and beasts that have him in their sights, calm and collected, while blinded.

I understand that many of us weren't expecting Madara to endure for long, but now that he seems poised to take on an entire army and all of the bijuu simultaneously, I hope he proves to be amazing in destroying them.

Edited by Atheck, 04 December 2013 - 11:55 AM.

#36 rocci

rocci

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,708 posts

Posted 04 December 2013 - 09:21 AM

there will be a volume or more to really end this arc.

bijuu cloak is non factor anymore. but how can he absorb jutsu knowing that he doesn't has rinnegan.

and i still stand on my prediction. sakura will be hurt or killed. it will make naruto unleash kyuubi true power. and make sasukeh jelly.

oh btw for those who doubt that naruto love for sakura. this chapter prove that kishi capable to recall the event.

#37 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 04 December 2013 - 09:25 AM

there will be a volume or more to really end this arc.

bijuu cloak is non factor anymore. but how can he absorb jutsu knowing that he doesn't has rinnegan.

and i still stand on my prediction. sakura will be hurt or killed. it will make naruto unleash kyuubi true power. and make sasukeh jelly.

oh btw for those who doubt that naruto love for sakura. this chapter prove that kishi capable to recall the event.

That last line. What do you mean?

#38 rocci

rocci

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,708 posts

Posted 04 December 2013 - 09:34 AM

the anti ns, their argument about naruto doesn't love sakura anymore.

in this chapter it show how black zetsu survive choujoru stab and how the fate of madara rinnegan.

so do you think the war arc will end in the next volume or not? :)

i predict that sakura would appear in the next two or three chapter.

#39 morgaine4

morgaine4

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 355 posts

Posted 04 December 2013 - 09:40 AM

the anti ns, their argument about naruto doesn't love sakura anymore.

in this chapter it show how black zetsu survive choujoru stab and how the fate of madara rinnegan.

so do you think the war arc will end in the next volume or not? :)

i predict that sakura would appear in the next two or three chapter.

I hope you're right.

Do you think the year end cliffhanger will involve Sakura,  or will it be between Naruto and Sasuke?

#40 rocci

rocci

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,708 posts

Posted 04 December 2013 - 09:46 AM

@morgaine

I think it would be madara do rolfstomp the alliance force. unless sakura is appear in the next chapter. than the cliffhanger will consist madara stab sakura.

but it still a prediction and it could not happen like i wish.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users