Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,158 posts

Posted 31 August 2011 - 02:24 PM

QUOTE (RedDelicious @ Aug 31 2011, 01:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Take them in order...
My questions for these responses --Click here to view--

FL: on which page does she say that? On page 10 alone, there are two fan-weilders flanking her. I was looking at her statements from page 10 onwards, and she is only saying that there was no one else at her power level. (Or so she thought. fu.png )

alexander: What makes you say that? I could have easily missed something in previous chapters, so if you have a specific page in mind, please share. I got the impression that black zetsu would merge with *any* of the white zetsus, was not limited to a particular original white one.
Do we even know that there is an "original" white zetsu, anyway? That's why I made the comment about the black zetsu, because I've had a feeling (unconfirmed) that the black one is the only "true" Zetsu, so to speak.

I don't know anything about black Zetsu being able to bound with any white Zetsu, also notice that all the other white clones look complete, but when the white Zetsu (the one that Sasuke burned) is separated from black zetsu he looks imcomplete, so I at least think that this white Zetsu that died was different from the others

tumblr_noy9ox76Ku1rr9dcxo9_250.gif

#22 Anguyen92

Anguyen92

Loving hockey games and Hard Rock Music

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,336 posts
  • Interests:Reading forums, and listening to hard rock/alt rock music.

Posted 31 August 2011 - 02:53 PM

Well, that was pretty brief, but what's there was very good. And yep, Naruto's clones are scattered throughout the battlefield. Now, what's douchebag #2, aka Sasuke, going to do in the next chapter?

abiiisig8.jpg

whatcolor_iswhite.jpg

#23 tricksie

tricksie

Legendary Ninja

• ANBU
  • 3,655 posts

Posted 31 August 2011 - 02:58 PM

QUOTE (Torxe @ Aug 31 2011, 10:18 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Also am I the only one that thinks that Sasuke is kind of coming out to soon?

Yeah, plot wise I thought so too.

Because either this is going to be the last big battle arc, in which they're going to go down like dominoes with Sasuke and Naruto growing steadily closer to one another until the end. Or Sasuke is going to go after a completely different target, knocking the legs out from under Naruto and the alliance. And the plot could continue on indefinitely.

(Best example is at the end of ATLA, season 2, where everyone was reunited for the big invasion on the fire nation. Plot-wise it looks like a straightforward ending. But it's a bust. And season 3 returns the focus to the group, and significantly Aang and Zukos' hero's journey.)

But it may just be that he's throwing other cast members out periodically so we don't forget about them. Like the little scene with TenTen and the bananafan.

Edited by tricksie, 31 August 2011 - 02:59 PM.

#24 RedDelicious

RedDelicious

Chuunin

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 558 posts

Posted 31 August 2011 - 03:00 PM

QUOTE (alexander @ Aug 31 2011, 09:24 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I don't know anything about black Zetsu being able to bound with any white Zetsu, also notice that all the other white clones look complete, but when the white Zetsu (the one that Sasuke burned) is separated from black zetsu he looks imcomplete, so I at least think that this white Zetsu that died was different from the others.

I have to admit, I went back and checked the chapters. What I thought I remembered is different than what's actually there. tongue.gif
You are right that the clone army is complete, which is different than white Zetsu's other appearances.

But I think there is enough from the Kage conference to cast doubt that white Zetsu (the "real" one) died this chapter. The white zetsu that the Raikage killed was also incomplete. And from chapter 466, even those new spore white Zetsus were halve-ses. Unless someone puts a paint mark and a radio tag on the initial white Zetsu that split off from the black Zetsu, it is too easy to image that it cloned itself off-page. (Including the one babysitting Sasuke.)

I was also looking at ch 487. After the (Kisame) shape-shifting disguise is dropped, the head under black Zetsu's arm has the white Zetsu half-head. And the white Zetsu arguing kept talking about itself in the first person, when talking about the decapitated dead one. It just seems like white Zetsu has all of the abilities of shadow clones, except that any of them seems to be as "real" as any other.

#25 harry4e

harry4e

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,433 posts

Posted 31 August 2011 - 03:03 PM

In one Fell Swoop, all the hype and enjoyment i've had from the Manga comes to a grinding stop. Just the sight of Sasuke and his Super Hax eyes takes out all the enjoyment of the series. Oh well 60 chapters without him was great fun, he had to make an entrance sooner or later.

I'm surprised at the lack of Windusers in the allience, thought they'd be more from Sand that just Temara, then we have both the Tsuchkage and Gaara, who require the wind element to make their Dust and Sand, so surely they should be classed as Wind Element users as well. I don't know which translation to beeeive, MangaReaders or Mangastream I'd reather beleive Mangareader, makes more sense that there would be other Wind Users just not as powerful as Temara, 2 in 100,000 is way too rare.

iAnby7W.gif

#26 RedDelicious

RedDelicious

Chuunin

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 558 posts

Posted 31 August 2011 - 03:14 PM

Have we seen any fan-weapon users who were not wind-users?
(Tenten is using the banana fan, but I don't know what her element is anyways. tongue.gif )
There are multiple fan-users in images of the army.

Besides, I already raised the possibility (even if that is the right translation) that Temara was interrupted by Naruto:
"To be honest, in this alliance, apart from me, there aren't any other wind users... ...strong enough to hurt him."

#27 Guest_Kim_*

Guest_Kim_*
  • Guests

Posted 31 August 2011 - 03:33 PM

Well, I liked the chapter. Of course Naruto had his big entrance and we got to see almost forgotten characters so yeah... But am I the only one who's excited to see Sasuke again? After all the flashbacks and development I feel like we're finally making progress. Knowing Kishi, he'll start stalling soon enough, but hopefully that will be when Naruto finally runs into Sakura. biggrin.gif

#28 Living Lavish

Living Lavish

Special Jounin

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 799 posts

Posted 31 August 2011 - 03:47 PM

anybody have a feeling Naruto might lose his life by a whim at some point or badly injured. i mean look at what he said to Gaara and what Iruka said. somethings going to happen to him.

the OVA would be the best example i can think of.

Edited by Living Lavish, 31 August 2011 - 03:49 PM.

#29 naruto-z

naruto-z

The Dream Is Real

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 693 posts

Posted 31 August 2011 - 03:52 PM

QUOTE (Living Lavish @ Aug 31 2011, 04:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
anybody have a feeling Naruto might lose his life by a whim at some point or badly injured. i mean look at what he said to Gaara and what Iruka said. somethings going to happen to him.

the OVA would be the best example i can think of.

I think Kishimoto has purposely been writing him to be a bit more cocky and ultra-confident lately so that it would be his one weakness that'll probably get him caught by madara/Kabuto and possibly even killed. We're heading towards to final fight when Madara summons the Juubi so sasuke will probably have a minor fight with Naruto where he defeats naruto and obtains the kyuubi. then I sense a narusaku moment :o and then a revival of naruto.....blah blah blah OVA

#30 merryGOflava

merryGOflava

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,386 posts

Posted 31 August 2011 - 04:52 PM

all i can say is...naruto's gonna faint from exhaustion if he keeps this up. hes doing all these cool jutsus at a whim but theres gotta be a catch.

.....if this keeps going naruto wont have kyuubi mode when he faces sasuke :T

but i do love the new resengans hes making up!! biggrin.gif awesome.

tumblr_mp2s5jvShD1svjcb7o1_250.gif

#31 K9ofChaos

K9ofChaos

f**k the establishment! I'm a bunny!

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,102 posts

Posted 31 August 2011 - 05:15 PM

I just hope that Sasuke gets a hunger for more power just enough so that he asks Kabuto to give him a brand new powerful Curse Mark that's a combination of Jirobo's Curse Mark, Kidomaru's Curse Mark, Sakon's/Ukon's Curse Mark, Tayuya's Curse Mark, Kimimaro's Earth Curse Mark and Sasuke's Previous Heaven Curse Mark.

I STRONGLY believe that the end of the Naruto series is even close to begin with. The reason being that Kishi said in volume 48 that his series won't end for a very long time. That's my story and I'm sticking with it until I'm either proven right or wrong.

I'm looking forward to next week's chapter. :True:

#32 Toasty Warrior

Toasty Warrior

Phenomenal One

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,791 posts
  • Interests:Hanging with friends, playing video games, watching anime

Posted 31 August 2011 - 05:28 PM

I've only got one thing to say about this chapter, kitten just hit the fan and it's only going to get more interesting from here! Overall, I enjoyed this chapter. biggrin.gif

phenomenal_one_banner_by_denizlispor-d5h

"They don't want none"

#33 Lid

Lid

Notorious

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,660 posts
  • Interests:Movies, sports and anime/manga.

Posted 31 August 2011 - 05:30 PM

I wonder if Sasuke's eyes are a sign of the manga ending soon. It must be getting harder and harder to keep drawing upgrades in them laugh.gif , Cool chap though, looking forward to seeing more of Naruto pounding the enemies into the ground!

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

#34 harry4e

harry4e

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,433 posts

Posted 31 August 2011 - 05:53 PM

Just to confirm we are seeing Naruto clones in action at the moment right? I'm just wondering because there is no Killer Bee in this chapter.I wonder if Kishinoto has something major planned, because the way things are going it looks like everything is coming to a close and wouldn't surprised if it's all over in a year or so.

iAnby7W.gif

#35 Amy-chan

Amy-chan

Blonde Gamer

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 308 posts
  • Interests:Animals

Posted 31 August 2011 - 06:23 PM

QUOTE (harry4e @ Aug 31 2011, 01:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Just to confirm we are seeing Naruto clones in action at the moment right? I'm just wondering because there is no Killer Bee in this chapter.I wonder if Kishinoto has something major planned, because the way things are going it looks like everything is coming to a close and wouldn't surprised if it's all over in a year or so.

That is infact Naruto's clone Saving people. In the last chapter Naruto's used to much of the nine tails chakra.

Edited by Amy-chan, 31 August 2011 - 06:23 PM.

#36 Super Boom

Super Boom

WC?

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,294 posts

Posted 31 August 2011 - 06:51 PM

I don't know what else to say about this chapter that hasn't been said already. I like how he repeats, "I'm not gonna die till I become Hokage". For most of Part II, I feel like his Hokage ambition is way overshadowed by his desire to save Sasuke. It also proves to me how unlikely it is for Naruto get killed off in the end, unless they make him Hokage posthumously, or during the war.
Also, I'm going to assume that the Mangareader translation is more accurate. Even if Wind-Style users are rare, I have a really tough time believing there's only two in the 100,000 man alliance. And that we coincidentally happen to know both of them from early in the plot.

I'm probably just being too optimistic, but does anyone else think the 2011 OVA scenario might actually happen in the manga? Sasuke's making his appearance so early, I wonder if the Naruto vs. Sasuke fight really will happen before the end of the series, like the OVA implied. Also, the fact he's using so much of the Kyuubi Chakra might explain why he doesn't use it in the OVA. Plus, since the OVA came out at the beginning of the year, it would make sense for the scenario to happen sometime in 2011.

Though I guess I just really want that end scenario to happen, LOL. I think another Naruto vs. Sasuke fight will be the perfect way for Sakura to get out of the emotional limbo she's in, and finally realize she loves Naruto more. After all, the last time they clashed, who's name did she yell out? *crosses fingers*

Edited by Boom...Winning, 31 August 2011 - 06:54 PM.

tumblr_ndajpwG2zQ1qitrvro1_500.gif

#37 Strangelove

Strangelove

And guess what's inside it

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,766 posts

Posted 31 August 2011 - 07:58 PM

QUOTE (SakuraUzumaki417 @ Aug 31 2011, 04:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Nope. I'm also really excited to see sasuke again!!! kitten is about to get real. But can someone explain his eyes?? How would he get eternal mangekyo sharigan? They kind of look like madaras when he took his brothers eyes.
As for the chapter, it's the best one in the war arc so far. Others were okay but not really exciting.
http://www.mangafox....58/c553/16.html

Sasuke asked Madara to transplant Itachi's eyes onto him.

tumblr_mo8pka1E1T1qflb4co1_500.gif

#38 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,987 posts

Posted 31 August 2011 - 08:03 PM

HELL YEAH!!!!! Finally Sasuke shows his new EMS, Naruto is kicking a** on the battlefield and we have an excellent cliffhanger! cool.gif Hasn't been a chapter like this for a while laugh.gif

3fbe3276d61acb2079b56cd2212a341c14963200

#39 shadow_Uzumaki

shadow_Uzumaki

If you can't say something nice....

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,089 posts
  • Interests:Stuff

Posted 31 August 2011 - 08:11 PM

QUOTE (Anguyen92 @ Aug 31 2011, 09:53 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well, that was pretty brief, but what's there was very good. And yep, Naruto's clones are scattered throughout the battlefield. Now, what's douchebag #2, aka Sasuke, going to do in the next chapter?

Don't bash Sasuke. We're fairly lenient on stuff here at the forums, but bashing characters is a big no-no.

You know, I still don't think even with the Eternal Mangekyou, that Sasuke's up to Naruto's level right now. His only defense that can stand up to Naruto's power is that Susano'o and that intangibility that Madara uses...If that's actually part of the Eternal Mangekyou skill set. It's likely the same ability that Danzou used except the Sharingan can't be blinded after its one use.

The Izanagi. That's what the technique is called.

Edited by shadow_Uzumaki, 31 August 2011 - 08:15 PM.

#40 Anguyen92

Anguyen92

Loving hockey games and Hard Rock Music

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,336 posts
  • Interests:Reading forums, and listening to hard rock/alt rock music.

Posted 31 August 2011 - 08:49 PM

^^ Sorry bout that, I thought I was getting away with calling Kabuto, a douchebag, for a few posts and that I could get away with it this time. I guess I rather not push my luck on that anymore. Once again, I apologize.

Edited by Anguyen92, 31 August 2011 - 08:49 PM.

abiiisig8.jpg

whatcolor_iswhite.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users