74 replies to this topic

#21 jworks

jworks

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 403 posts

Posted 25 March 2009 - 03:28 AM

It was a plot device because this is a fictional story, with a plot.
though it was admittedly week, especially now that she is alive.

and Pein was to focused on being scary and all dooms-day to think about going for any kind of key point of the body... sleep.gif

#22 dl316bh

dl316bh

International Smug Elitist

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,519 posts

Posted 25 March 2009 - 06:41 AM

Bwa ha ha!

Oh Kishi, you're so ****ing predictable! I knew you were going to pull this! I knew it! You're so goddamn hopeless, I swear.

What is the point of this manga anymore? There's no suspense. Nobodies ever in any real danger despite how it may look. We get the illusion of big things happening and that's it. No consequences.

Just wrap it up already Kishi. Give us your no consequence ending where no one dies and there's no consequences for everything that's happened. Might as well. You've lost your edge, lad.

Even funnier: Hinata is now an even weaker character than before. She's never won a real battle in the course of this manga. She sacrificed herself and didn't even get a hit in. Now she's been relegated to a plot device to make Naruto go six tails; being injured in the process. Now she won't even die, negating the only somewhat cool thing she's ever done.

[sarcasm]Hooray for Women in Refrigerators! Get in your box and stay there![/sarcasm]

Heroine my ass.

I'd say maybe there is no one who can heal her in time....but, no way. I'm not going to kid myself here.

I'm not even entertaining the notion anymore. He doesn't have the grapefruits to do it. He's proven it.

I think I shall now treat this manga as the greatest comedic example of professional writing ever known!

Edited by dl316bh, 25 March 2009 - 07:31 AM.

bd5.jpg

#23 Radra

Radra

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 119 posts

Posted 25 March 2009 - 07:57 AM

QUOTE (True @ Mar 24 2009, 11:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The strongest Shinobi in the entire Naruverse, misses the vitals of a chunnin at point blank.

lol...

Honestly, Pain missing hinata's vitals at that range does not make sense to me. I'm assuming he delibrately missed her vitals.

The question now is, why would he do that?

#24 dl316bh

dl316bh

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,519 posts

Posted 25 March 2009 - 08:13 AM

This manga needs a super surprise twist!

Can Naruto and company survive... THE HIDDEN COBRA VILLAGE AND THEIR LEADER, COBRA COMMANDER?

COBRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

Edited by dl316bh, 25 March 2009 - 08:16 AM.

bd5.jpg

#25 Askia31

Askia31

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,410 posts

Posted 25 March 2009 - 09:45 AM

pics

source:nf

Edited by Askia31, 25 March 2009 - 09:50 AM.

#26 BlackLightning

BlackLightning

What? I like it.

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,191 posts
  • Interests:Anime, Computer games, fanfics, Soccer, Watching TV, others that I don't remember

Posted 25 March 2009 - 11:08 AM

talk about BS... this is the prime example...

Love is not about admiring the strength or perfection of the person but to fully accept their shortcoming and weakness. - Me

Dragcave: (Mine and a Certain cat's): http://dragcave.net/user/MelisaArtemis

#27 jim1982

jim1982

Wow, rule 34... it is Madness!

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 739 posts

Posted 25 March 2009 - 12:00 PM

QUOTE (Radra @ Mar 25 2009, 03:57 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Honestly, Pain missing hinata's vitals at that range does not make sense to me. I'm assuming he delibrately missed her vitals.

well... Crack Theory no Jutsu! the spoiler said one line said an unexpected twist next week....(wait for it).......

Hinata is actually part of Akatski trying to capture her "Naruto-kun" for Madara!

.... either that or she is only alive cause the thing Pein stabbed her with was one of the chakra receivers of his and she is actually now part of Pein....<= wait, that would be an interesting plot twist wouldn't it?

Edited by jim1982, 25 March 2009 - 01:19 PM.

Funny Naruto Comic: http://nekoni.devian...nowman-73499115

[size=7]Picture done by Nekoni (nekoni.deviantart.com)

#28 Kyuudaime

Kyuudaime

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,920 posts
  • Interests:Working out, manga, video games, scuba diving

Posted 25 March 2009 - 12:55 PM

QUOTE (Derock @ Mar 24 2009, 11:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Reading this and the spoilers makes me wanna say, "Kishi... WTFH are you freaking doing?!" rawr.gif While the battle is fine, you just absolutely wasted a potential character death. (And I do believe one of his assistants is a probably devoted Hinata fan and was screaming at him back when 437 was released, "WHY the F*** DID YOU KILL HINATA?" and rambling bs..., so both probably at fault). Great writing before but then you just went back towards the "Rookie Nine Must Survive!" hack and now probably wanna bring favoritism towards certain amount of fans: NaruHina (and Hinata fanboys and girls), which has no development in previous arcs over a potential NaruSaku for canonicity?

Way to go... dry.gif

That sounds about right.

#29 Sakura Blossoms

Sakura Blossoms

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 8,418 posts
  • Location:Sunny (when there's no hurricane XD) South Florida!
  • Interests:Reading, writing fanfiction (check out my homepage) *shameless plug* XD, video games, and anime! ^_^

Posted 25 March 2009 - 01:46 PM

QUOTE (Derock @ Mar 24 2009, 11:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Reading this and the spoilers makes me wanna say, "Kishi... WTFH are you freaking doing?!" rawr.gif While the battle is fine, you just absolutely wasted a potential character death. (And I do believe one of his assistants is a probably devoted Hinata fan and was screaming at him back when 437 was released, "WHY the F*** DID YOU KILL HINATA?" and rambling bs..., so both probably at fault). Great writing before but then you just went back towards the "Rookie Nine Must Survive!" hack and now probably wanna bring favoritism towards certain amount of fans: NaruHina (and Hinata fanboys and girls), which has no development in previous arcs over a potential NaruSaku for canonicity?

Way to go... dry.gif

I've pretty much given up on Kishimoto. I've lost all faith in him now, what little I had left sleep.gif

#30 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,846 posts
  • Interests:Video games (fighting), NaruSaku, Naruto, Sonic, Street Fighter, DOA, Darkstalkers, Tekken, computers, MHA

Posted 25 March 2009 - 01:53 PM

QUOTE (Radra @ Mar 25 2009, 03:57 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That's not the question. The REAL question is: Why the f-ing hell Kishi just wasted very good writing in the past couple of chapters by bring back Hinata to life who was going to have a great potenial death?

QUOTE (jim1982 @ Mar 25 2009, 08:00 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
well... Crack Theory no Jutsu! the spoiler said one line said an unexpected twist next week....(wait for it).......

Hinata is actually part of Akatsuki trying to capture her "Naruto-kun" for Madara!

.... either that or she is only alive cause the thing Pein stabbed her with was one of the chakra receivers of his and she is actually now part of Pein....<= wait, that would be an interesting plot twist wouldn't it?

Oh, now that will be interesting. tongue.gif She was stabbbed long enough to have Pain's chakra manipulated her body through those receivers. It can make sense but it won't happen unfortunately. dry.gif

I think I figure what may happen on the "Unexpected" part but I will hold my thoughts for now...

latest?cb=20140126021943

What's Happening with the Naruto series as of now!

#31 Nate River

Nate River

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 5,982 posts

Posted 25 March 2009 - 01:58 PM

Nah. As sucky as the chapter seems, the spoiler is legit-Hexa confirmed it.

So, anyone worried about NH? A lot of people seem to be.

Nope, not worried at all because I don't really care about NH happening. My disdain for this tremendous and unjusfiable cop out has nothing to do with pairings. Even if NH doesn't happen and Hinata is never heard from again, this is still a pretty awful cop out and I'd still hate it.

My opinion (and reacion) is the same as dh's.

Besides, the possibility of NH gives him the chance to one-up himself after this. Why not go for it Kishi?

That's not the question. The REAL question is: Why the f-ing hell Kishi just wasted very good writing in the past couple of chapters by bring back Hinata to life who was going to have a great potenial death?

Wouldn't be a first, dood. He goes with what works. smile.gif

#32 dl316bh

dl316bh

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,519 posts

Posted 25 March 2009 - 02:30 PM

Pairings? Ha! Who can think about pairings when the manga's taken a swirly?

This manga needs Joe Pesci. He'd whip these stupid ninja's into shape!

Why the f-ing hell Kishi just wasted very good writing in the past couple of chapters by bring back Hinata to life who was going to have a great potenial death?

I'd say temporary insanity, but this is hardly a one time occurance. This is probably like the fifth or sixth cop out after a nice death scene in the manga. Most of these deaths would have left an impact that stuck with readers; we're talking like how Jiraiya's has. But the man just cannot seem to go through with it.

So instead, we're left with contrivance after contrivance and the manga suffers for it. Several landmark scenes utterly lost significance and amounted to wasted space. We're talking moments that you could point to and go "wow, that was a hell of a scene" or "that one really got to me and it really changed so-and-so and such-and-such blah blah blah".

It may still be popular now, but I believe that once it ends, Naruto is not going to be one of those manga's that stay's in the general publics good graces. Too much BS, stupid decisions, questionable plots and wasted developments. I can count too many times when this manga could have hit a high water mark in quality if Kishi would have just gotten over his love affair with his own characters. I personally barely even remember why I liked it as much as I used to.

Part 2 has slowly ruined it. Slowly because the manga was still decent, if plodding, read up until the whole Shikamaru ordeal on. From there it's been a roll downhill.

Best way for me to deal with it? Treat the series like a comedy. Laughing at all the idiocy and mocking it is far easier than outright hating something you once loved due to it becoming similar to trash.

Edited by dl316bh, 25 March 2009 - 02:34 PM.

bd5.jpg

#33 Mik3

Mik3

Dame a raise un perdedor.

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,843 posts
  • Interests:games, anime, music. just chilling.

Posted 25 March 2009 - 02:35 PM

QUOTE (dl316bh @ Mar 25 2009, 09:30 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I'd say temporary insanity, but this is hardly a one time occurance. This is probably like the fifth or sixth cop out after a nice death scene in the manga. Most of these deaths would have left an impact that stuck with readers; we're talking like how Jiraiya's has. But the man just cannot seem to go through with it.

So instead, we're left with contrivance after contrivance and the manga suffers for it. Several landmark scenes utterly lost significance and amounted to wasted space. We're talking moments that you could point to and go "wow, that was a hell of a scene" or "that one really got to me and it really changed so-and-so and such-and-such blah blah blah".

It may still be popular now, but I believe that once it ends, Naruto is not going to be one of those manga's that stay's in the general publics good graces. Too much BS, stupid decisions, questionable plots and wasted developments. I can count too many times when this manga could have hit a high water mark in quality if Kishi would have just gotten over his love affair with his own characters. I personally barely even remember why I liked it as much as I used to.

Part 2 has slowly ruined it. Slowly because the manga was still decent, if plodding, read up until the whole Shikamaru ordeal on. From there it's been a roll downhill.

Best way for me to deal with it? Treat the series like a comedy. Laughing at all the idiocy and mocking it is far easier than outright accepting something you once loved has become trash.

You're taking this too hard bro. Theres nothing that can be done about it, its HIS story. Yeah it was a crappy cop out, but its not worth investing yourself in
\

#34 Chivalrysae

Chivalrysae

Chuunin

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 464 posts
  • Interests:Flag Football, Anime, Indoor Wall Climbing, Hiking, Running

Posted 25 March 2009 - 02:40 PM

If his aim really is that bad, maybe there's hope for Jiraiya after all. lol. I'd much rather Kishi have brought him back instead of Hinata. It has nothing to do with pairings, but I've never been much of a Hinata fan. For a ninja, she's not very ninja-y.

#35 Illmatic

Illmatic

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,409 posts

Posted 25 March 2009 - 02:40 PM

QUOTE (dl316bh @ Mar 25 2009, 10:30 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Pesci's a funny guy, then again, saying that pisses him off. laugh.gif

#36 dl316bh

dl316bh

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,519 posts

Posted 25 March 2009 - 02:41 PM

I suppose so. After a while, I realized that manga has just as many, if not more, faults as our American equivalent. Yet, Naruto has been one of the last I've sort of held onto, as I used to think it was different in the ways that mattered.

Not so much anymore, though I shouldn't be surprised.

Pesci's a funny guy, then again, saying that pisses him off.

Jumbo cookie for you; I wasn't sure anyone would be awesome enough to know who he was!

Edited by dl316bh, 25 March 2009 - 02:42 PM.

bd5.jpg

#37 Mik3

Mik3

Dame a raise un perdedor.

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,843 posts
  • Interests:games, anime, music. just chilling.

Posted 25 March 2009 - 02:45 PM

QUOTE (Illmatic @ Mar 25 2009, 09:40 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Pesci's a funny guy, then again, saying that pisses him off. laugh.gif

Hes also the Oklahoma kid
\

#38 Askia31

Askia31

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,410 posts

Posted 25 March 2009 - 02:47 PM

translation by Yagami1211 from NF

Pics translations :

Pain : So ? You tasted a bit of Pain huh ?

Pain : Without knowing the same Pain, we can't possibly understand eachother.

Pain : And even then, understanding doesn't mean people can get along with eachother.

Pain : That's reality.

Pain : Same goes for you. You're after Sasuke, but that's a waste of time.

Naruto pic

Naruto : Found ya !

Naruto is clever.
Naruto let Pain stab him, Naruto tracks the chakra sourcre.
Pain uses Shinra Tensei but Naruto dodges with Kage Shuriken
Naruto might manages the 5 seconds thing.

Next Week
Unexpected Conclusion

Naruto had tears in his eyes ( Tears of relief probably ) because Hinata is alive.
Then he did it again when he noticed the villagers are okay.

lol

Anyway i completely agree with you dl316bh that this manga is getting ridiculus to the point i still don't know why i'm reading it. For NaruSaku? could be since it's the only thing left i love... pointless as it seem. I don't even have anymore interest in my favorite character Kakashi. wtf he did in part2?

Edited by Askia31, 25 March 2009 - 03:32 PM.

#39 Lid

Lid

Notorious

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,660 posts
  • Interests:Movies, sports and anime/manga.

Posted 25 March 2009 - 04:02 PM

Yeah I am really dissapointed with these spoilers. I don't understand what the point is of keeping Hinata alive besides making her a main character now.

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

#40 Terrace

Terrace

Ghostbuster

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 302 posts
  • Interests:Ghostbusters, Naruto, and video games.

Posted 25 March 2009 - 04:06 PM

I imagine that IF Kishi actually kills off Hinata, it'll be something that the Konoha nin couldn't detect untill it's too late. What if the wound Pein gave Hinata was laced with some kind of lethal chakra technique that kills the target in a day or two?
NaruSaku supporter and Ghostbusters fanatic!

QUOTE (Yoshimoto Trigen @ Jan 7 2008, 04:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I know there is a bigger chance of me farting lightning then a Harem coupling happening.

If you have attempted a jutsu by performing hand seals or using scrolls, copy and paste this into your signature.

Click Here!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users