Shadowmoon~

Procrastination Princess ♥

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 574 posts
  • Interests:All things FUN! 8D

Posted 26 September 2009 - 04:58 AM

QUOTE (Freakazoid @ Sep 26 2009, 12:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
If Naruto was still the main character i'd be inclined to this thinking. That's just not the case anymore.

What do you mean? Naruto is the main character of the Naruto manga.

EDIT: Oh wait, I think you mean that he hasn't appeared lately, huh? Well, Sasuke getting his arc first, then we'll get Naruto's main arc later on. We'll just have to wait until Sasuke is done with the summit, or something. happy.gif

---

Edited by Shadowmoon~, 26 September 2009 - 04:59 AM.

#22 Freakazoid

Freakazoid

Special Jounin

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 849 posts

Posted 26 September 2009 - 05:02 AM

QUOTE (Shadowmoon~ @ Sep 25 2009, 08:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
What do you mean? Naruto is the main character of the Naruto manga.

EDIT: Oh wait, I think you mean that he hasn't appeared lately, huh? Well, Sasuke getting his arc first, then we'll get Naruto's main arc later on. We'll just have to wait until Sasuke is done with the summit, or something. happy.gif

---

Naruto's arc will revolve around Sasuke, and him crying over Sasuke. So, not alot to look forward to with that. Sasuke has officially taken over the manga. The title will probably be changed in a couple weeks.

#23 Shadowmoon~

Shadowmoon~

Procrastination Princess ♥

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 574 posts
  • Interests:All things FUN! 8D

Posted 26 September 2009 - 05:10 AM

QUOTE (Freakazoid @ Sep 26 2009, 01:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Naruto's arc will revolve around Sasuke, and him crying over Sasuke. So, not alot to look forward to with that. Sasuke has officially taken over the manga. The title will probably be changed in a couple weeks.

*patpat*

Well, we should just wait, huh? Who knows? Naruto's arc may include power-ups too! We might even see the secret power Itachi gave Naruto, or that 'scroll' Yondaime gave to Naruto. (I'm not sure about the scroll thing. I only read other people's posts about that scroll. I had completely forgotten what Yondaime gave Naruto, and I'm too lazy to check it out. tongue.gif)

Anyway, no need to get your hopes down, Freakazoid-kun. happy.gif Kishi-sensei still has a few tricks up his sleeves.

#24 Freakazoid

Freakazoid

Special Jounin

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 849 posts

Posted 26 September 2009 - 05:35 AM

I'm not really down. More like i've just accepted what Kishimoto is going to do.

#25 Daniee

Daniee

Elite Teacher

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,121 posts

Posted 26 September 2009 - 05:55 AM

QUOTE (Freakazoid @ Sep 26 2009, 01:35 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm not really down. More like i've just accepted what Kishimoto is going to do.

Complaining in every single post doesn't sound very "accepting" to me.

#26 Jenskott

Jenskott

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,419 posts
  • Interests:Comic-books: Superman, Spider-Man, Fantastic Four, Batman, X-Men...
    Manga/anime: Ranma 1/2, Saint Seiya, Kimagure Orange Road, Fist of North Star, Touch, City Hunter, Rurouni Kenshin, Mazinger Z, Devilman, Cutey Honey, Daimos, Space Battleship Yamato, Captain Harlock, Gundam, Bubblegum Crisis, Lone wolf and Cub, Naruto...
    Cartoons: Ninja Turtles, The Transformers, Thundercats, G. I. Joe, The Real ghostbusters, He-Man, SilverHawks, Batman TAS, Avatar...
    Videogames: Super Mario Bros, The Legend of Zelda, Metroid, King of Fighters, Earthbound, Golden Sun, Castlevania, Fire Emblem, Donkey Kong Country, Kirby, Kid Icarus, Final Fantasy, Sonic, Alex Kid, Golden Axe, Phantasy Star, Shining Force, Panzer Dragoon, Street Fighter, Mega Man, Crash Bandicoot, Medievil, Dragon Quest, Secret of Mana, Terranigma...
    Movies: Riders of Lost Ark, The Dark Crystal, Labyrinth, The Ghostbusters, Highlander, Robocop, Return to Oz, Conan the Barbarian, The Goonies...
    Books: The Lord of the Rings, The Neverending Story, The Wizard of Oz, Dracula, Treasure's Island, Journey to the Center of Earth, The Black Arrow, Alice in Wonderland...

Posted 26 September 2009 - 07:53 AM

Replying to the thread's question... No, he will not do. There're a lot mangas where the main character dies, but I don't hink Naruto is geared in that direction.

Complaining in every single post doesn't sound very "accepting" to me.

Indeed. It reminds me of the last year:

- Uchiha arc goes on

Fans complain about Sasuke and state they are fed up with him.

-Next arc begins (Naruto's training, Pain's invasion...)

Fans spend the whole time asking and wondering what has happened to Sasuke, where he has gone, what he will do now and if Kishimoto has forgotten about him...

-Next arc begins (it isn't about Sasuke, but he plays an important role and starres a good fight)

Fans complain about Sasuke and state they are fed up with him.

rolleyes.gif

No, what you'll see is Naruto fighting for trying saving his best from the darkness and defeating his oldest rival.

Naruto was, is and will always be the main character. Sasuke has taken over nothing, and even if I know you were joking, you can bet anything on the title not changing.

That hypotetical Naruto arc won't revolve around Sasuke but around Naruto. Even if he spends plenty time thinking over Sasuke, or crying over him or reacting to anything Sasuke did... It'll still be about Naruto, his motivations, his hopes and his fights.

Using your "If Sasuke has a big role in one or several arcs or Naruto is crying over Sasuke the series revolves around Sasuke" logic, the series revolves around Sakura, because she has got a big role in several arcs, Naruto is always thinking about her, he's constantly asking her dates, he cries over her since he thinks she loves another, he intends spending time with her, she motivates him to do things, and he's chasing Sasuke partially because her.

Using your logic, Touch is about Kazuya and Minami, since Tatsuya (the main character) is always remembering his deceased brother, constantly depressing over his memory and his abruptly-stopped rivalry, and his biggest and only motivation for two thirds of the series is fullfilling his brother's dream Minami's one.

Not matter what, I respect your opinion but I can't agree at all. I have several troubles with Sasuke, but the attention he gets isn't one of them.

Rivals and love interests are always very important in shonen and shojo manga. Usually they have a big role in the story or appears frequently, and they are very important to the main character, often driving his/her actions and thoughts.

If any manga -including shojo- where the main character is constantly thinking of another person, crying over him/her and/or being driven by him/her, should have its title changed to the name of the rival or love interest of the main character, we should get changed the titles of almost all Japanese comic-books aimed to teenagers.

Gee, I guess we should have DragonBall Z title's changed to "The Freezer/Cell/Buu Saga".

(Yes, the last sentence was a joke wink.gif ).

super-robot-wars-poster.jpg

Do you want to take over the world, huh? Well, you'll have to go through us first!

#27 Freakazoid

Freakazoid

Special Jounin

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 849 posts

Posted 26 September 2009 - 01:38 PM

You guys are putting up a pretty tough fight. Don't worry, you'll accept the truth of the series soon enough.

#28 Shadow-kun

Shadow-kun

Sage Wolf

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 223 posts

Posted 26 September 2009 - 01:43 PM

The truth is that there is no truth! tongue.gif

Visit my cute Dragons!

Spreading the Horoism!

#29 Freakazoid

Freakazoid

Special Jounin

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 849 posts

Posted 26 September 2009 - 01:44 PM

QUOTE (Shadow-kun @ Sep 26 2009, 06:43 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The truth is that there is no truth! tongue.gif

That's not very truthful.

#30 Jorden-Kun

Jorden-Kun

TheGrammarNazi

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 47 posts
  • Interests:Anime<br />Manga<br />Drawing<br />Music (no rap or country)<br />And crazy shenanigans on teh computer =D

Posted 28 September 2009 - 08:44 PM

I don't think so. But you never really know.

Wouldn't it be ironic if he dies as soon as he becomes Hokage? Since he's always saying he will never die until he becomes the Hokage.

#31 Strangelove

Strangelove

And guess what's inside it

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,766 posts

Posted 29 September 2009 - 12:24 AM

QUOTE (Jorden-Kun @ Sep 28 2009, 09:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Wouldn't it be ironic if he dies as soon as he becomes Hokage? Since he's always saying he will never die until he becomes the Hokage.

#1 reason to chase Kishi down with a flaming torch xDD

tumblr_mo8pka1E1T1qflb4co1_500.gif

#32 Sora no Kitsune

Sora no Kitsune

Keyblade Master

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 503 posts
  • Interests:Manga/Anime - Naruto, FMA, ect.<br />Video Games - Kingdom Hearts, Metroid, LoL, Tera<br />Music - 2 Step from Hell, Rise Against, 30stm<br />Books - Inheritance Cycle (Eragon Series), Game of Thrones<br />Sports - DAGORHIR!!!!<br />

Posted 29 September 2009 - 12:36 AM

Well, there are two possibilites in my opinion.

1. He won't die, dispite his dificult final battle with whom ever is the final main antagonist.
2. During his final battle, hekills his enemy, but isnt able to escape without a fatal wound, says a few heartbreaking goodbyes, before he dies, and then is revived in some sort of cliche and unoriginal way and continues on to be hokage.

Either way, Naruto won't stay dead, because that would ruin all the development he's had up to this point.

Get Chance and Luck!!~

#33 Froot

Froot

She's Certainly a Hurricane

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 898 posts

Posted 29 September 2009 - 12:42 PM

QUOTE (Jorden-Kun @ Sep 28 2009, 04:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That wouldn't be ironic, that would be awful! arg.gif And a total cop-out on Kishi's part. A horrible joke.

Not funny.

#34 Jorden-Kun

Jorden-Kun

TheGrammarNazi

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 47 posts
  • Interests:Anime<br />Manga<br />Drawing<br />Music (no rap or country)<br />And crazy shenanigans on teh computer =D

Posted 29 September 2009 - 07:39 PM

QUOTE (Froot @ Sep 29 2009, 08:42 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
That wouldn't be ironic, that would be awful! arg.gif And a total cop-out on Kishi's part. A horrible joke.

Not funny.

I was just kidding, XD. But seriously, I don't think Naruto's gonna die anytime soon. He and his kick-ass ninja pals will survive and live happily ever after. Just like in Harry Potter 7! Wait...

#35 Strangelove

Strangelove

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,766 posts

Posted 29 September 2009 - 09:14 PM

QUOTE (Jorden-Kun @ Sep 29 2009, 08:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I was just kidding, XD. But seriously, I don't think Naruto's gonna die anytime soon. He and his kick-ass ninja pals will survive and live happily ever after. Just like in Harry Potter 7! Wait...

>> lol, still a reason to hunt Kishi down with a torch.

#36 Mikazuki-no-Poo

Mikazuki-no-Poo

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 24 posts

Posted 29 September 2009 - 10:18 PM

I agree with Jenskott, there's no way the manga will get its name changed xD, it isn't logical (at least to me).

Anyways, I don't really think Naruto will die, and if he will, it will be just like gaara, he would be brought back (probably by some guy who feels guilty about him being dead), unless he dies protecting someone as Pite said. But I don't think so, he's the main character, I think that(if the series last long enough) the only way he would die is after he had a child. wow.png

that's my opinion turned.gif
Under the black sky, the stars shine brighter !

Just knowing that I might dream of you, I become a sleepyhead! :3

#37 BlackLightning

BlackLightning

What? I like it.

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,191 posts
  • Interests:Anime, Computer games, fanfics, Soccer, Watching TV, others that I don't remember

Posted 05 October 2009 - 11:24 AM

Ok, to be honest here, I kinda wish that it happened. if anything it will be epic imo if he goes down fighting, even better if he died bringing the enemy down along with him. the question is: Will is be Epic win or Epic Fail.

Edited by BlackLightning, 05 October 2009 - 11:24 AM.

Love is not about admiring the strength or perfection of the person but to fully accept their shortcoming and weakness. - Me

Dragcave: (Mine and a Certain cat's): http://dragcave.net/user/MelisaArtemis

#38 shmobeline

shmobeline

Fresh Meat

• Fresh Meat
  • 5 posts

Posted 26 October 2009 - 05:39 AM

I can see Naruto dying in some epic battle while he's still pretty young, but not before the end of the manga. I just don't think it's the kind of manga that lends itself to killing off the main character. I mean, Kishimoto has done a fairly good job of killing off characters from the 'good team', (or at least, a better job than Kubo Tite does with Bleach, haha), but I still can't imagine him ever having Naruto die.

#39 Strangelove

Strangelove

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,766 posts

Posted 26 October 2009 - 08:47 PM

Lol i can see it now. Naruto dies, and then revives as a GOD!!!! lol with shining new body, and powers, and a huge light...after all, he is the supposed Messiah.

#40 Ninja Goddess

Ninja Goddess

Academy Student

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
  • Interests:Naruto, movies, music, manga

Posted 10 November 2009 - 06:10 AM

It'd be cool, but that'd be pretty seinen and this is a shonen manga. wink.gif Only side-characters die and rarely if ever, not the shonen hero. biggrin.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users