• This topic is locked This topic is locked
42 replies to this topic

#21 FullmetalNinja25

FullmetalNinja25

I'm The Alchemist.

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,103 posts
  • Interests:Manga, Anime, Video Games, Comic Books, Wrestling, Movies, Doctor Who and all sorts of stuff.

Posted 15 February 2009 - 08:20 AM

I love this game! Though I can't really get anywhere. tongue.gif

uc.png

#22 dl316bh

dl316bh

International Smug Elitist

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,519 posts

Posted 15 February 2009 - 01:00 PM

This game kind of came out of nowhere for me. I hadn't paid attention to upcoming games for about a year until around last December. Reason being that the only newer system I had was a Wii - which was probably the worst purchase I could have made in this generation of consoles - and they didn't have anything. But I recently got a 360 and got this on a friends reccomendation.

This game just grabs you by the throat and never lets go.

I honestly love the game to death. It engrossed me more than any Elder Scrolls game ever has and I pumped a whole lot of hours into it. I'm hoping to hell that after Broken Steel hits they do a full on expansion for the game, whether it's through DLC services or on disk.

My favorite quest by far is "The Replicated Man". There is no way that mission was not made as an homage to Blade Runner. Being a huge fan of Blade Runner, this lower key quest was extremely enjoyable for me. There's plenty to love even outside of quests though; this game has a lot in the details.

It's interested me in the universe of Fallout on the whole, so I'm probably going to download the old first two through one of those online stores sometime soon to experience the games that led to this one.
bd5.jpg

#23 Smiter

Smiter

... WHAT?

• Kage
  • 6,863 posts
  • Interests:Animanga, Art, Books, Gaming, Web Design.(Yes, I am a geek and proud of it)

Posted 15 February 2009 - 02:03 PM

I hear you. biggrin.gif Fallout 3 was also my first Fallout game, and I may be interested in purchasing one of the older ones to run on my XP netbook (my desktop has Vista, which has poor support for older games).

I've seen almost everything with my Good character, and I'm currently waiting for Broken Steel before I finish the main quest. Right now, I just have the occasional wander with my ninja-suited character. smile.gif I'm also hoping they do a big expansion after Broken Steel, maybe you discover an old train line that leads to a new town/city area?

EDIT: Ooh, a quick Google shows Fallout Trilogy (Fallouts 1, 2, and Tactics) for $15, with no DRM:

http://fallout.games...y2-gametap.html

Tempting.

#24 dl316bh

dl316bh

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,519 posts

Posted 15 February 2009 - 03:42 PM

Heh heh. I actually just got a laptop after two years of waiting for an opening to use the funds to get a new computer. First thing I put in the filter was Windows XP Only. I don't trust Vista much at all, seeing as I've got a good collection of older PC game. Never cared for the feeling of rolling the dice when it came to whether my games would work or not.

My big hopes for the new OS are for Microsoft to stop trying to force DRM schemes down our throats and better overall software compatibility. Either way, I've got no problems with XP. It's a pretty dependable workhorse.

No DRM huh? That's good. DRM is the bane of my existance and I'm finding myself forced to pass on games becuse of it. It's not so much that I'd do anything I wasn't supposed to with it. I'm just not fond of the idea of a company telling me how I can use something I purchased. But game companies insistance on trying to do that stuff despite severe backlash is a topic for another thread.

I may snag that; that's a pretty good price for all three. I was looking at getting 1 and 2 from a site called Good Old Games. They had both there for about six dollars a piece with no DRM; plus they have a habit of throwing in bonuses after purchases like downloadable soundtracks for the game you bought. They have some decent older games, especially since as far as I know they're a very recent online site. Perhaps you should give them a look.

I've seen almost everything with my Good character, and I'm currently waiting for Broken Steel before I finish the main quest.

Same here. I've completed pretty much all of the quests and hit level twenty a while ago. I've put it down for the most part, waiting for the last of these three downloads to hit.

I was actually planning on trying to hook up my 360 soon in some manner for when The Pitt hits, but there's a RRoD scare going around right now. A minor update patch is apparently wreaking havoc on tons of systems, utterly bricking them. I just got my 360 maybe a month ago; I'm not risking it so I'll wait until April when all three are out. If this update issue isn't resolved by then, something is seriously wrong.

I'm also hoping they do a big expansion after Broken Steel, maybe you discover an old train line that leads to a new town/city area?

I'm quite sure they will. I think Elder Scrolls: Morrowind got two major expansions while Elder Scrolls: Oblivion got one along with minor downloadable stuff and Knights of the Nine. These DLC's are kind of Knights of the Nine-esque, so I expect at least one major expansion, two if we're lucky. I'd like to see post-apocalyptic New York City for one thing, or maybe some smaller, Broken Steel-esque downloads that bring you to places from the old games to see how they've changed.

At the very, very least, I doubt highly these three DLC packs will be the only ones Beth does. Operation Anchorage has been a top download since it came out. There's definitely money in this sort of thing.

Side Note: I must admit I like this game a hell of a lot more than I did Oblivion. Something about that Elder Scrolls seemed... off.

Edited by dl316bh, 15 February 2009 - 03:45 PM.

bd5.jpg

#25 Smiter

Smiter

... WHAT?

• Kage
  • 6,863 posts
  • Interests:Animanga, Art, Books, Gaming, Web Design.(Yes, I am a geek and proud of it)

Posted 15 February 2009 - 05:03 PM

QUOTE (dl316bh @ Feb 15 2009, 03:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I was looking at getting 1 and 2 from a site called Good Old Games. They had both there for about six dollars a piece with no DRM; plus they have a habit of throwing in bonuses after purchases like downloadable soundtracks for the game you bought. They have some decent older games, especially since as far as I know they're a very recent online site. Perhaps you should give them a look.

Thanks for the tip. biggrin.gif I quit PC gaming a year or two back, because I kept getting severe neck pain - something wrong with my posture when I play mouse/keyboard games - but I think I can ease myself back into it if I carefully adjust things for comfort.

*looks at site* Freespace 2! Oh, the memories! Those were some epic space battles. My favourite bits were definitely the bombing runs on those massive ships, while dodging those beams. Unfortunately, the discs got scratched up over time.

I've got to do a couple of things and some drawing, then I'll definitely check out everything on the site. biggrin.gif

#26 dl316bh

dl316bh

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,519 posts

Posted 16 February 2009 - 05:22 AM

Yeah, you have to be somewhat careful how you set everything up. I've had trouble before when the only surface available for my computer has been something up higher than it should be, which often leads to a lot of unconfortableness. I have an alright balance now though; I hope you can find one yourself.

Yeah, Good Old Games has a pretty nice selection. As cheap as those games are, there are several games I've missed out on tat I'm thinking of buying.

I've honestly missed PC gaming. Before I got my current computer, I was stuck on a ten year old computer. I doubt anyone noticed too much, but the reason I kind of disappeared from here for the longest time was that the old computer couldn't really handle the forum for reasons I can't explain.

I'm able to play games again and come back to old haunts. Life is good.
bd5.jpg

#27 True

True

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,323 posts
  • Interests:Wouldn't you like to know?

Posted 02 May 2009 - 08:28 AM

Looks like Broken Steel has been released since the achievements have shown up on the game. New level 30 cap!?!?! Oh God yesssssssss. Will have to get it once I perfect my neutral and bad characters. This game is too damn addicting and hard to put down (you were right Hoku!).

Btw Smiter you use a melee/ninja character right? What sort of gear and setup do you use?

#28 dl316bh

dl316bh

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,519 posts

Posted 02 May 2009 - 08:37 AM

It hasn't been released yet, but it'll be here soon. May 5th. It's close.
bd5.jpg

#29 True

True

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,323 posts
  • Interests:Wouldn't you like to know?

Posted 02 May 2009 - 08:39 AM

Really? I looked on my gamertag and all of a sudden I see new achievements up for it. They add achievements early? Damn got my hopes up too soon...

#30 dl316bh

dl316bh

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,519 posts

Posted 02 May 2009 - 09:17 AM

Yeah. They send out patches which add the achievements to the game about a week or two early, generally. They did it with the last two as well. May 5th is not that far off though, so don't put Ol' Painless away just yet.

Also, apparently boxed copies of the DLC are coming. One has already been confirmed, housing OA and The Pitt. Another one has been popping up on some sites saying "Broken Steel and Point Lookout". Obviously, Point Lookout is probably going to be the next as-of-yet-unannounced DLC. I think there's a park in DC with that name, so I suspect that's what it would be about.

Edited by dl316bh, 02 May 2009 - 09:19 AM.

bd5.jpg

#31 shadow_Uzumaki

shadow_Uzumaki

If you can't say something nice....

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,089 posts
  • Interests:Stuff

Posted 02 May 2009 - 01:48 PM

PS3 doesn't have DLC content....damn it

#32 Yakatsu

Yakatsu

Sun Tzu said whaaaaaaaaat?

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,056 posts
  • Interests:Your mother.

Posted 02 May 2009 - 03:39 PM

I'm still lawling for the fact that the PS3 has yet to get some DLC for the big-ton games.

Lawling. Not laughing normally. LAWLING.

Edited by Yakatsu, 02 May 2009 - 03:40 PM.

#33 shadow_Uzumaki

shadow_Uzumaki

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,089 posts

Posted 02 May 2009 - 07:02 PM

That's because Bethesda and Microsoft had a deal preventing them from doing so. They did release Shivering Isles for the PS3 both as a DLC and in disk form. I'm assuming Rockstar also has the same thing, Lost and the Damned is only for XBox 360

Edited by shadow_Uzumaki, 02 May 2009 - 07:05 PM.

#34 dl316bh

dl316bh

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,519 posts

Posted 03 May 2009 - 02:53 AM

I'm assuming Rockstar also has the same thing, Lost and the Damned is only for XBox 360

They do. Microsoft paid them fifty million to make the two expansions X-Box 360 exclusive. They've been doing a lot of that with a lot of companies of late; throwing money around the make sure any DLC is only for their system.

The GTA IV stuff might be permanently exclusive, but the Fallout 3 stuff hasn't been stated to be such, so there's no clue if the deal with Beth is only temporary.
bd5.jpg

#35 shadow_Uzumaki

shadow_Uzumaki

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,089 posts

Posted 05 May 2009 - 01:55 AM

Yeah, they did release Shivering Isles for PS3....I do want that Fighter's Stronghold though...

#36 Illmatic

Illmatic

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,409 posts

Posted 19 May 2009 - 02:47 PM

Fallout 3 DLC coming to PS3, havent gotten this yet, so I might soon..

#37 Smiter

Smiter

... WHAT?

• Kage
  • 6,863 posts

Posted 20 May 2009 - 04:43 PM

This is exciting news. biggrin.gif Finally, PS3 owners will get to experience what we 360 players have been talking about. Hopefully without the bugs this time. tongue.gif

Point Lookout sounds really interesting, I like the idea of a swamp setting. happy.gif I'm not too sure about the alien DLC, but I'll see. More alien weapons, maybe?

#38 shadow_Uzumaki

shadow_Uzumaki

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,089 posts

Posted 21 May 2009 - 01:39 AM

Yes! Finally! rising of Level Cap, new areas! YES!

#39 Burning_Wulf

Burning_Wulf

Just your friendly, neighborhood zombie hunter.

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 556 posts
  • Interests:Wolves, Anime/Manga, Rx7, NaruSaku, Timeoff work, Sleeping, Comics, Napping, Cats, Resting, Skeet, and Racing plus too much more....

Posted 24 May 2009 - 01:19 PM

I borrowed fallout 3 from a friend of mine a few weeks ago. The was just to addicting to put down. Had to give it back to him because it was too addicting.

coco_zps31bec3d3.jpg

#40 dl316bh

dl316bh

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,519 posts

Posted 05 June 2009 - 10:46 PM

I'm not too sure about the alien DLC, but I'll see. More alien weapons, maybe?

I'm really looking forward to that one, actually. The Fallout series in general plays off a lot of fifties stuff in general. Thus, I expect extremely cheesy aliens, campy dialogue and epic alien destruction. Should be good for a laugh and for some fun.

Point Lookout sounds interesting too, but I'm a bit more interested in what might come after Mothership Zeta. I doubt these two will be the last.

Edited by dl316bh, 05 June 2009 - 10:46 PM.

bd5.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users