131 replies to this topic

#21 dfammer

dfammer

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 207 posts

Posted 08 July 2010 - 02:44 AM

Itachi,in the last scene was very interesting...Maybe he will witness something that will change him forever.

#22 socermania2

socermania2

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 187 posts

Posted 08 July 2010 - 02:47 AM

Minato being a true badass this chap.

The only thing bringing me down is that we know he's gonna die shamefulcry0js.gif
BLACK AND WHITE

#23 Dreamer

Dreamer

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,952 posts

Posted 08 July 2010 - 02:50 AM

We also have "that" epic moment, moment where Minato putted on his cloak like he's gonna kickass just like Naruto with his sage cloak. wow.png

#24 Miss Soupy

Miss Soupy

Queen of Fluff

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,000 posts

Posted 08 July 2010 - 03:00 AM

QUOTE (Uzumakikage @ Jul 7 2010, 10:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Not necessarily, Kushina is slowly dieing.

Think about it. There is a pretty high chance that Madara will get his way and the Juubi will be recreated, which means Naruto has to have the Kyuubi removed. This gave Kishimoto a convenient way to keep Naruto alive even after that. There isn't that same INSTANT DEATH drama that was created with Gaara. Being an Uzumaki and then just being Naruto himself will insure his survival without much more explanation. At least, that's what it looks like to me.

#25 Insurrection

Insurrection

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,143 posts

Posted 08 July 2010 - 03:00 AM

You really have to wonder what Naruto is going to think after this. Though we know Minato is going to destroy Madara's body and seal the Kyuubi in an epic battle that will last at least 3 more chapters!!

@Soupy And I think Sakura will lead everyone in giving him chakra to keep Naruto alive if the Juubi is reborn. Good way for Sasuke to redeem himself once Madara no longer has a use for him and gives him to Kabuto.

Edited by Insurrection, 08 July 2010 - 03:02 AM.

#26 alexander

alexander

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,158 posts

Posted 08 July 2010 - 03:04 AM

QUOTE (Miss Soupy @ Jul 8 2010, 03:00 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Think about it. There is a pretty high chance that Madara will get his way and the Juubi will be recreated, which means Naruto has to have the Kyuubi removed. This gave Kishimoto a convenient way to keep Naruto alive even after that. There isn't that same INSTANT DEATH drama that was created with Gaara. Being an Uzumaki and then just being Naruto himself will insure his survival without much more explanation. At least, that's what it looks like to me.

Even so, what Naruto or anyone else can do to fight the 10 tails? They already said the kyuubi had nearly unlimited chakra, try imagine a beast of all the nine bijuus combined, it would be just invencible.

tumblr_noy9ox76Ku1rr9dcxo9_250.gif

#27 Gravenimage

Gravenimage

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,535 posts

Posted 08 July 2010 - 03:04 AM

QUOTE (Miss Soupy @ Jul 7 2010, 08:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

If this is true that Naruto will survive if the Kyuubi is extracted from him then I have a pretty good guess that Sasuke will be the one to capture him under Madara's orders. The people of Konoha might believe that Naruto is dead having the knowledge that a jinchurikki whose Bijuu is removed dies, Kishi can make this happen to create more drama.
Gravenimage

Lone Wolf of the Grave

#28 sardns

sardns

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 307 posts

Posted 08 July 2010 - 03:05 AM

Ok, on the 10th page on the fourth panel...does anyone know what that is? I'm having a hard time figuring out what I'm looking at.

#29 StrawberryAcappella

StrawberryAcappella

If you can’t convince them, confuse them

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 147 posts
  • Interests:A lot of fandom shiznit. I literally just read fanfiction and search the internet for fandom related things all day, even at school on my phone. My current love is Sherlock, but my long time love is Naruto. When im not doing what im supposed to im also practicing something musical~ because the classical variety of music making is tiresome...

Posted 08 July 2010 - 03:12 AM

Okay the first thing is: Baby Naruto and Sasuke are the cutest things ever!!!!
Secondly I'de really like to see if a baby Sakura or maybe her parents are involved with this, because you never here anything about them
in the present time.
also i want to know what more the baby sasuke has to do with this and little Itachi just cause they showed up at the end.
My Awesome Birthday Banner My friend Made me!!!!

#30 Paradox Jast

Paradox Jast

Is just a pretty face. Really.

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 842 posts
  • Interests:Naruto, Bleach, Samurai Deeper Kyo, Negima! (to name a couple). World of Warcraft. The Old Republic. Steam. Writing Naruto and Harry Potter fanfiction. Reading Naruto and Harry Potter fanfiction.

Posted 08 July 2010 - 03:13 AM

@ sardns

It's the seal opening on Kushina's stomach.

Edited by Paradox Jast, 08 July 2010 - 03:13 AM.

#31 Mik3

Mik3

Dame a raise un perdedor.

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,843 posts
  • Interests:games, anime, music. just chilling.

Posted 08 July 2010 - 03:13 AM

QUOTE (sardns @ Jul 7 2010, 10:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Ok, on the 10th page on the fourth panel...does anyone know what that is? I'm having a hard time figuring out what I'm looking at.

At first glance it looks like some exorcist type kitten.

Though it seems its just the kyuubi emerging from Kushina
\

#32 tricksie

tricksie

Legendary Ninja

• ANBU
  • 3,655 posts

Posted 08 July 2010 - 03:22 AM

Page 5, top panel, when Minato saves Naruto...

IDENTICAL TO

Naruto saving Sakura from crazed Sasuke. Even with the ridiculous blade-in-the-air stance on the Uchiha. (Paradox, just rereading posts, you saw it too!)

And when Minato goes to leave it's Naruto's same determined frown. And Kushina totally looks like Sakura when she yells back at him in those same panels.

All this makes me wonder if there isn't a large role ahead for Sakura in the endgame. Kushina's role is huge here. I have to confess I've sentenced Sakura to plot device within the manga, someone who gets hurt which prompt Naruto to act, and not really believed it when people say she could heal him, protect him, stand shoulder to shoulder etc. in the final battles. But now I'm thinking what if some of this flashback isn't just reflection and familial ties lining up with Naruto's actions, but maybe a bit of foreshadowing too. That she may have a larger role to play. (Don't throw rotten veggies, she's my fave. And I've been disappointed that Kishimoto has undermined her a lot. So now my faith is somewhat restored.)

Also...Yeah, its Madara. I'm on board now. Was leaving the door open for some political upheaval and Konoha betrayal, and that it might turn out to be someone else. Nope.

And it will be interesting to see young Itachi's take on the warfare around him, since that horror is what shapes him, apparently.

So, NaruSaku ftw. Each chapter reinforces it more and more.

edit: Another thing that stood out, when Minato laid Naruto down, the comment about him having to wait on his own for a little while reminded me of Sakura's statement in part 1, when she's leaving the hospital room after Naruto has just returned from pursuing Sasuke (ch 236). "I'm sorry, I had to make you wait a while. But Next time we'll do it together."

Edited by tricksie, 08 July 2010 - 03:43 AM.

#33 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,843 posts
  • Interests:Video games (fighting), NaruSaku, Naruto, Sonic, Street Fighter, DOA, Darkstalkers, Tekken, computers, MHA

Posted 08 July 2010 - 03:25 AM

WOAH!!! This confirmed that Madara is indeed the main villian of the series, how cruel of him to try to kill a baby that was just born. The bastard... rawr.gif

Looks likes there won't be a prologue since this has been already been plotted out to be told by Kushina. Oh well, AT LEAST we're getting some info about the Kyuubi attack! biggrin.gif

latest?cb=20140126021943

What's Happening with the Naruto series as of now!

#34 CloudMountainJuror

CloudMountainJuror

Zac the CMJ

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,726 posts

Posted 08 July 2010 - 03:35 AM

My friend is considering that the masked man there may not be Madara... That's making me think: who else with the Sharingan could have done that?

Sasuke: YOU KILLED MY FATHER!
Tobi: No, Sasuke... I AM YOUR FATHER!
Sasuke: NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

111189.gif
But in all seriousness here, Madara is a complete child-abuser...... Call child services! argh1.png

"The time has come at last for you to learn everything . . .

Fare thee well, Albert, my friend."

AboojTi.gif

#35 ShadowWolf

ShadowWolf

Academy Student

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 43 posts

Posted 08 July 2010 - 03:55 AM

I cried AGAIN!! So dishonorable to kick a woman when she's down...or giving birth...

But I'm really kind of shocked at her strength--having a baby takes everything out of you. It's just kind of amazing that Kushina's still conscious after:
a.)Having a most painful moment in her life
b.)Feeling the stress of seeing her only sun in the hands of a psycho
c.)Getting the Kyuubi ripped out of her stomach
d.)Being caught up in a blast that almost killed your little family

After letter "b" I'd probably be screaming "MAKE IT STOP!!"

Also...*cough*Idontlikebabynarutosfaceitcreepsmeout*cough*orsasukes*cough*

#36 Onionhead Attacks

Onionhead Attacks

Examiner

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 945 posts
  • Interests:reading, writing, eating, and sleeping =]

Posted 08 July 2010 - 04:11 AM

I have a curious thought... the nine-tails was released from Kushina so it technically wasn't really an extraction and that allowed her to live, but I cannot remember how Akatsuki extracted the bijuu from the other jinchuuriki that caused them to lose their life in the process. Did the Akatsuki somehow release the bijuu and then suck them up somehow? Or was it a literal extraction that pulled the bijuu out of the host's body?

Fanfiction.net C2: Heaven & Earth: A NaruSaku Library

ns-believe.jpg
Colored by me

#37 Kyuudaime

Kyuudaime

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,920 posts
  • Interests:Working out, manga, video games, scuba diving

Posted 08 July 2010 - 04:15 AM

QUOTE (Onionhead Attacks @ Jul 8 2010, 12:11 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I have a curious thought... the nine-tails was released from Kushina so it technically wasn't really an extraction and that allowed her to live, but I cannot remember how Akatsuki extracted the bijuu from the other jinchuuriki that caused them to lose their life in the process. Did the Akatsuki somehow release the bijuu and then suck them up somehow? Or was it a literal extraction that pulled the bijuu out of the host's body?

Pretty sure it was forcibly extracted via that giant statue.

#38 Muffins?

Muffins?

Bearded Priest of Norvos

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,024 posts

Posted 08 July 2010 - 04:18 AM

Man do I love Madara! He's just the villain this manga needed I mean Orochimaru and Kabutomaru...... boring.

JLHza2T.png

#39 ciardha

ciardha

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,308 posts
  • Interests:Narusaku, cosplay, writing fanfiction, dollfies, Japanese history. literature and culture, linguistics, ancient Celtic history, literature, and culture, Wicca, women's history, Buffy and Spike, Rogue and Gambit, Miaka and Taka, John Lennon and Yoko Ono, sewing, reading, many shoujo and josei manga series, Star Trek, Star Wars, liberal and feminist activism

Posted 08 July 2010 - 04:23 AM

QUOTE (ShadowWolf @ Jul 7 2010, 11:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Also...*cough*Idontlikebabynarutosfaceitcreepsmeout*cough*orsasukes*cough*

I thought Naruto looked adorable in that last panel with Kushina. As for the opening page illustration with their eyes open, I thought Naruto was cute normal looking baby, but Sasuke- there's something disturbing even about awake baby Sasuke. On the other hand five year old Itachi looked like a pretty normal kid, no creepy vibes from him at that age.
Dream you dream alone is only a dream, but dream we dream together is reality- Yoko Ono 1971

When you go to war, both sides lose totally- Yoko Ono

Remember, our hearts are one. Even when we are at war with each other, our hearts are always beating in unison- Yoko Ono 2009

#40 NuclearRaven

NuclearRaven

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 288 posts
  • Interests:Anime, Sports, Video games, and band.

Posted 08 July 2010 - 04:37 AM

My thoughts on the chapter.
Spock it, lock it, rocket, explode it, reload it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users