Close
Photo

What was the Mysterious Power Itachi gave Naruto?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
154 replies to this topic

#21 theorangehokage

theorangehokage

--

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 547 posts

Posted 06 February 2011 - 07:00 PM

^^^ omg! Sorta like a double assurance failsafe?

---

#22 Torxe

Torxe

World's greatest critic <boragnarok>

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,173 posts
  • Interests:Anime, Manga, Games, PC, fora, terraria, Bo-karate, meditation

Posted 06 February 2011 - 07:09 PM

yeah, however I don't quite get what u mean with failsafe (english is not my native language, Dutch is... biggrin.gif)

In support of the Sakura we once knew:

Sakura-killing-hinata-naruto-shippuuden-

#23 Greed-Sama

Greed-Sama

The Last Man

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,509 posts

Posted 06 February 2011 - 08:02 PM

QUOTE (Torxe @ Feb 6 2011, 01:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
yeah, however I don't quite get what u mean with failsafe (english is not my native language, Dutch is... biggrin.gif)

A failsafe is a last resort/desperate measure type deal. The best example I could give is when some computers that are hacked into, a failsafe will activate to purge all the data out of the system.
75b28593-b271-4fcc-ab30-b8457d3f9708_zps

#24 Torxe

Torxe

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,173 posts

Posted 06 February 2011 - 08:08 PM

QUOTE (TheOmegaMan @ Feb 6 2011, 09:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
A failsafe is a last resort/desperate measure type deal. The best example I could give is when some computers that are hacked into, a failsafe will activate to purge all the data out of the system.

thanks sounded a little weird if I just literally translated

#25 theorangehokage

theorangehokage

--

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 547 posts

Posted 06 February 2011 - 09:10 PM

^^ oh hhaaaha ;P sorry; i shud explain more sweat.gif next time biggrin.gif
But yeah.. It may be a failsafe..

---

#26 Torxe

Torxe

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,173 posts

Posted 07 February 2011 - 04:05 PM

QUOTE (theorangehokage @ Feb 6 2011, 10:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
^^ oh hhaaaha ;P sorry; i shud explain more sweat.gif next time biggrin.gif
But yeah.. It may be a failsafe..

I don't think there's need to, wouldn't it be okay if you just explained if someone asked.

If you have to explain every word that is used in english so that persons that don't have english as their mother tongue would understand.
I think it's going to get quite complicated to figure out what you want to say now I could understand more or less except for that word.

If you think about it a assurance is a failsafe. (In my language anyway) tongue.gif

srr for going off topic

Edited by Torxe, 07 February 2011 - 04:06 PM.

#27 theorangehokage

theorangehokage

--

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 547 posts

Posted 07 February 2011 - 09:02 PM

Its fine (:

But now bak on topic ;P

Everything right now points to a failsafe... Any other ideas?

---

#28 Torxe

Torxe

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,173 posts

Posted 08 February 2011 - 09:23 AM

Perhaps something to dispel Susano'o or Itachi's ultimate genjutsu (blanking the name guessing tsukiyomi)?

The latter more realistic I think, a power to dispel Susano'o might be to overpowering. Considering that it is Sasuke's ultimate jutsu atm.

#29 theorangehokage

theorangehokage

--

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 547 posts

Posted 08 February 2011 - 08:32 PM

Well , i also think it will be like a msg to sasuke. Itachi will tell him to join naruto... Maybe... It may be a msg for madara ...

---

#30 Greed-Sama

Greed-Sama

The Last Man

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,509 posts

Posted 08 February 2011 - 09:17 PM

QUOTE (theorangehokage @ Feb 8 2011, 02:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well , i also think it will be like a msg to sasuke. Itachi will tell him to join naruto... Maybe... It may be a msg for madara ...

I disagree. Sasuke's Armarestu goes off when he sees Madara's face/sharringan, which is actually something Itachi developed. I'm thinking that Itachi's power may be a way to protect Naruto against Sasuke's sharringan and it's genjutsu and other forms of attack. I doubt that its a message of any kind.
75b28593-b271-4fcc-ab30-b8457d3f9708_zps

#31 Kyuudaime

Kyuudaime

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,920 posts
  • Interests:Working out, manga, video games, scuba diving

Posted 09 February 2011 - 05:58 AM

QUOTE (TheOmegaMan @ Feb 8 2011, 04:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I disagree. Sasuke's Armarestu goes off when he sees Madara's face/sharringan, which is actually something Itachi developed. I'm thinking that Itachi's power may be a way to protect Naruto against Sasuke's sharringan and it's genjutsu and other forms of attack. I doubt that its a message of any kind.

This is what I think.

#32 Torxe

Torxe

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,173 posts

Posted 09 February 2011 - 08:49 AM

QUOTE (TheOmegaMan @ Feb 8 2011, 10:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Sasuke's Armarestu goes off when he sees Madara's face/sharringan, which is actually something Itachi developed.

I think that was only a one shot jutsu. And a message does sound more realistic.
(For as for passing a message involves swallowing a huge black raven/crow is realistic)

@theorangehokage: Could you explain what kind of message Itachi would send to Madara. I don't think that he can say anything to Madara that can help Naruto / Sasuke what I think is the point of Itachi giving power to Naruto.

#33 theorangehokage

theorangehokage

--

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 547 posts

Posted 09 February 2011 - 08:37 PM

^^^ xD lls quite truee ;D it sounds messed up if it were for madara D: .. But the question now stands at: What is the message..

---

#34 Master Sage

Master Sage

RASENGAN...... it never gets old

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 191 posts

Posted 09 February 2011 - 09:36 PM

I wouldn't say its a message because i think that itachi has already sent a important life message to Sasuke. This being that he loved his little brother the most and wanted him to be a hero of the leaf by avenging his clan. Instead Sasuke took this message and turned it into a fuel of his hatred and lust for revenge.

Now i think that the power Itachi gave Naruto was something to repel Sasuke's EMS or maybe something that allows Naruto to be immune from Amaterasu or Tsukuyomi

#35 theorangehokage

theorangehokage

--

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 547 posts

Posted 09 February 2011 - 10:51 PM

Or maybe even susano'o ? Well, lets backtrak a little here... What hints does the OVA give of Naruto vs Sasuke? ... Anything else? .. Oo! Current manga ?

---

#36 Torxe

Torxe

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,173 posts

Posted 10 February 2011 - 07:40 AM

QUOTE (theorangehokage @ Feb 9 2011, 09:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
^^^ xD lls quite truee ;D it sounds messed up if it were for madara D: .. But the question now stands at: What is the message..

Perhaps Madara did lie to Sasuke (or changed some important details). The thought only occured when I read your post tongue.gif.
Itachi's message could then be the entire truth or perhaps evidence of a plot by Madara to let things happen the way they did?

I don't think that anyone has confirmed that Madara's version was the entire truth. Even Kakashi said before Sakura's confession that they can't talk about it to anyone else, because there is a possibility that it was a lie.

I don't think we can conclude anything from the OVA al we see is Naruto in sage mode and Sasuke with his MS (or even EMS), both uninjured, fighting with edged weapons only to conclude with a Chidori vs. Rasengan.
I sure hope the fight will be a bit deeper than that.

But there are the 3 slash marks across his chest.
Perhaps Susano'o sword slashes weakened?! (by Itachi's power I mean)

Edited by Torxe, 10 February 2011 - 07:42 AM.

#37 K9ofChaos

K9ofChaos

f**k the establishment! I'm a bunny!

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,102 posts

Posted 11 February 2011 - 02:03 PM

THE POWER TO TELEKINETICALLY CAUSE A PERSON TO SPONTANEOUSLY COMBUST! kruemelmonsteryn0.gif

But in all seriousness, I think it would be similar to how Itachi implanted the Amaterasu into Sasuke in a hopeless attempt to stop Madara from revealing the truth about the Uchiha Clan Massacre. He performed a technique called Transcription Seal: Amaterasu. I predict that the power that Itachi gave Naruto is a technique with a similar title called Transcription Seal: Tsukuyomi. We know that TS:A was basically a trap for Madara to be burned by the flames of Amaterasu if he encountered Sasuke. I think that TS:T would be a technique that activates at some point during Naruto's and Sasuke's fight which would cause Naruto to activate the seal by accident and place Sasuke under the hypnotic spell of Tsukuyomi. It is here that Itachi would send a message to Sasuke to try to convince him to stop his path of destruction and revenge. Though his efforts will prove futile because I believe that at this point, Sasuke would have drowned himself in the darkness so much that he is beyond the path of redemption and can't be saved at all.

That's my theory on the "power" that Itachi gave Naruto. happy.gif

Edited by K9ofChaos, 11 February 2011 - 05:16 PM.

#38 Torxe

Torxe

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,173 posts

Posted 11 February 2011 - 07:40 PM

QUOTE (K9ofChaos @ Feb 11 2011, 03:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
THE POWER TO TELEKINETICALLY CAUSE A PERSON TO SPONTANEOUSLY COMBUST! kruemelmonsteryn0.gif

But in all seriousness, I think it would be similar to how Itachi implanted the Amaterasu into Sasuke in a hopeless attempt to stop Madara from revealing the truth about the Uchiha Clan Massacre. He performed a technique called Transcription Seal: Amaterasu. I predict that the power that Itachi gave Naruto is a technique with a similar title called Transcription Seal: Tsukuyomi. We know that TS:A was basically a trap for Madara to be burned by the flames of Amaterasu if he encountered Sasuke. I think that TS:T would be a technique that activates at some point during Naruto's and Sasuke's fight which would cause Naruto to activate the seal by accident and place Sasuke under the hypnotic spell of Tsukuyomi. It is here that Itachi would send a message to Sasuke to try to convince him to stop his path of destruction and revenge. Though his efforts will prove futile because I believe that at this point, Sasuke would have drowned himself in the darkness so much that he is beyond the path of redemption and can't be saved at all.

That's my theory on the "power" that Itachi gave Naruto. happy.gif

I would like to have that power tongue.gif ...

that second power sounds like what the 4th hokage did to naruto so I can see that happen. but beeing beyond the path of redemption I do not agree on, Naruto is the embodyment of getting people on the right track again. I think Sasuke will be redeemed on some point whether he survives that's a whole other matter.

#39 theorangehokage

theorangehokage

--

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 547 posts

Posted 11 February 2011 - 08:07 PM

@ K9ofChaos : OMG! Dude, you have the most awesome explaination (:

@ Torxe: Yeah,If you look back at all the people Naruto has met or faced in battle; he has changed them.. Ex. Neji; Naruto fought him and changed Nejis POV on "fate" .. Another example, Zabuza and Haku; he changed them; he showed zabuza tht haku is more than a tool to him..

---

#40 K9ofChaos

K9ofChaos

f**k the establishment! I'm a bunny!

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,102 posts

Posted 11 February 2011 - 08:30 PM

QUOTE (Torxe @ Feb 11 2011, 02:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I would like to have that power tongue.gif ...

that second power sounds like what the 4th hokage did to naruto so I can see that happen. but beeing beyond the path of redemption I do not agree on, Naruto is the embodyment of getting people on the right track again. I think Sasuke will be redeemed on some point whether he survives that's a whole other matter.

Well I respectfully disagree on Sasuke being redeemed. You can't really save someone if they don't even want to be saved. I still scratch my head and wonder why would Naruto even remotely consider Sasuke a friend when he acts like such a kitten around him. It's as Sai said, all Sasuke ever does is cause Naruto and Sakura pain and suffering. That's why Sakura confessed her love for Naruto and went off to kill Sasuke herself, because she realized that the POAL caused Naruto pain and she felt that Naruto would be better off not chasing after Sasuke (which frankly, I agree with).

Plus there's the fact that I (and maybe half of the Naruto fandom) find Sasuke so unlikable that it would be crime against the readers if he where redeemed. He's an unlikable two-dimensional emo douche-bag with haxed mary-sue powers that uses the genocide of his clan as an excuse to justify his revenge against the Hidden Leaf Village for the death of his brother who Sasuke killed in the first place. Sure, they made Itachi slaughter his own flesh and blood, but he did it for the sake of the Leaf Village and the prevention of a war breaking out. He cared more for the safety of the Hidden Leaf then the Uchiha clans lust for vengeance because he didn't want a civil war to breakout leaving the Leaf vulnerable to enemy attack. Sasuke stomped on Itachi's hopes and dreams for peace by using his brothers death as an excuse to go on a killing spree and take out his hatred on the Village Elders, Leaf Shinobi and anyone else who gets in his way. He claims that he's doing it for his brother but he's only doing this for his own selfish reasons just to let off steam on others who had nothing to do with the Uchiha Clan Massacre. The Elders may have pulled the strings in the extermination of the Uchiha, but Itachi was willing to do it for the sake of the Village. Itachi's blood is on Sasuke's hands but he wants revenge against the entire village (even those who had nothing to do with it) for what happened to the Uchiha. Sasuke's quest for power and revenge have gotten so out of hand that it has turned him batsh*t insane and willing to disrespect his late brother by having Itachi's eyes gouged out from his corpse and implanted into his eye sockets.

That's why I think that even if Itachi tries to restore Sasuke's sanity with the power he gave to Naruto, it would be pointless since he'll probably be too deep in the darkness to even be saved and redeemed.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users