#21 kidNinja

kidNinja

Ruining your life since 1992

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 472 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 02:18 PM

QUOTE (Atheck @ Mar 6 2013, 01:31 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Once again this was another unnecessarily repetitive chapter with excessive parallelism and minimal progression of the actual plot. I haven't thought of Kishi as even a decent writer in some time now but this is just downright bad. He's so unimaginative with these character relationships because it's the same thing with almost all of these sorts of characters. Sure the appearances and certain details may be altered but overall it's the same thing.

I was hoping that perhaps this chapter would be the beginning of the end for this flashback and that we could return to the battle with Tobi and Madara by the end of the month but those hopes have since been destroyed. I'm starting to believe that that one individual's comment in the debate topic about this flashback and the resolution with Sasuke's subplot won't be over for two months. Then again we don't know what we would be returning to. If it's incessant Hinata panels once again with Kishi continuing with his bastardization process of establishing of this once obscured and inconsequential side character into the role of a main protagonist position in the final 10% of the manga then I will have just about lost all hope for that fight. It sounds childish but TBH I haven't been seriously interested in the manga for some time now. Pretty much the only characters that I'm concerned about at this time are Sakura and Kabuto. Tobi was also interesting but that was before the alliance arrived and this whole Hyuga debacle commenced.

May we hope that with the arrival of the month of May that this flashback scene and event with Sasuke will have ceased.

Well, you can always stop reading. I'm sick and tired of people complaining just to complain.

NaruSaku...we believe in logic NOT fanfiction

Check out my story, Chain Reaction: Iron Revolution here

#22 sushi.

sushi.

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,071 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 02:27 PM

I don't know what to think of this chapter. It was boring, but the relationship between Madara and Hashirama is much more believable than the SasuNaru bond. On the other hand, not much happens in one chapter of Naruto. Only one or two important things in every chapter. I read the chapters faster than any other manga. Kishi can also sometimes waste panels, with for instance people walking on the ground, or showing the same panel in another angle.

QUOTE (kidNinja @ Mar 6 2013, 03:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well, you can always stop reading. I'm sick and tired of people complaining just to complain.

And you are complaining about people who are complaining laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

ナルサク

#23 Sakamaki Izayoi

Sakamaki Izayoi

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,679 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 02:30 PM

Shhhhh... No tears only dreams now.
SK-303_image007.jpg

#24 六道仙人

六道仙人

レヴィ 好き

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,375 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 02:41 PM

Well... let's see the schedule of next volumes and chapters...

(Volume 64 that will be out the next moth in Japan)
It'll have from 608 to 617 chapter (with color pages in 616)

(Volume 65)
from 618 to 627
13/03: Break
20/03: Chapter 624
27/03: Chapter 625
03/04: Chapter 626
10/04: Chapter 627

I predict color pages in chapter 627 since it's the last chapter of volume 65. I believe that this flashback about little Madara and little Hashirama will end in this chapter. No way that Kishimoto will made two entire volumes of flashbacks. I can understand that it's an important issue for the story since it talks about the beginning of Konoha, but a too extended flashback doesn't bring some benefit to the manga and I reckon that Kishimoto already know it.

は天才バスケットマン桜木花道。

"I'm the Basketball genius, Hanamichi Sakuragi"

uvoJkhc.png

#25 Slextrem

Slextrem

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,546 posts
  • Interests:I have many interests in life and reading manga happens to be one of them. My favorite pairing is definitely NaruSaku.

Posted 06 March 2013 - 02:53 PM

I left this prediction in the Debate Thread last night, and so far, it looks like it's coming true. At least the first little bit.

QUOTE (Slextrem @ Mar 5 2013, 06:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
My guess is that 623 will have a conflict arise between Madara and Hashirama, likely from discovering which clan the other belongs to. I don't know if it will be a conflict where the two boys grow suspicious of one another, (I doubt that, given that they both want unity), or if the conflict will come from their parents finding out about their friendship. Imagine Hashirama's father's anger when he learns that his son has been socializing with an Uchiha brat. Dat drama~ a_plotting.gif

I assume we'll see the resolution to that conflict in next week's chapter, followed by the founding of the Leaf Village, some focus on Hashirama and Madara's friendship during peaceful times, and some highlights regarding how the Uchiha clan interacted with everyone else after the alliance was formed. From there, I assume Kishimoto will give us part of Madara's story. Like what sparked his downfall, more details behind the murder of his brother, and what drove him to attack Hashirama, which will finally lead us back to where we first started in this flashback.

Then we can continue with the Super Ultra Mega Battle of Death, maybe Mito will make an appearance, and then the flashback will finally end. But, it's not over yet. We still have to go back to the present time, have Hashirama provide a conclusion (and the point) to his story, and then wait on Sasuke to decide if he still wants to throw a tantrum.

Going off of this prediction, I estimate that this flashback will take another month or two to wrap up. Then we can go back to guessing where Sakura is. Oh boy.

I've changed my mind about when we'll see a resolution to this conflict though. Next chapter is definitely going to be a fight between the Father & Son duos. That's probably going to take at least one chapter, possibly two, to get through. I have no idea how Hashirama and Madara are going to stop this fight. Honestly, the only way I can see it stopping is if both of the fathers kill one another. That leaves both Madara and Hashirama as heads of their clans and then, I'm assuming after a time skip, they can proceed with their plan for unity.

Anyway, this chapter was alright. I feel really bad for Hashirama and Madara though. It's so sad seeing two really close friends being forced apart because of their families. When they both sent warnings on their stones to each other, it was so touching, yet I felt incredibly disheartened at the same time. I've decided that I despise the old generation in this series. Fooey on them for trying to wedge themselves between two best friends. It's like The Fox and the Hound all over again. 111193.gif

I don't mind the parallel. It emphasizes how similar both of the clans are, which makes the whole situation ironic, because they both think the other clan is an enemy that can't be understood.

...I'm actually more interested in this flashback than I thought I would be. I couldn't stand it at first because I find fights to be extremely slow and dull, unless the enemies are providing useful information to advance the plot. At the start of this flash back, it felt like a battle to see who had the bigger jutsu, but now we're actually learning about something interesting! Maybe after this childhood flashback, I'll find the Super Ultra Mega Battle of Death more interesting as well. smile.gif

#26 redragon88

redragon88

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,562 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 02:53 PM

@六道仙人

I wonder what the cover for volume 64 (608-617) will be like. I do have the feeling Naruto and Hinata will be center stage holding hand. Although even if they're not the canon couple I guess it would be understandable given the circumstances.

I can just imagine anit-NS fans once again claiming how that cover page proves that NS is dead, again. laugh.gif

#27 六道仙人

六道仙人

レヴィ 好き

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,375 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 02:57 PM

QUOTE (redragon88 @ Mar 6 2013, 03:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
@六道仙人

I wonder what the cover for volume 64 (608-617) will be like. I do have the feeling Naruto and Hinata will be center stage holding hand. Although even if they're not the canon couple I guess it would be understandable given the circumstances.

I can just imagine anit-NS fans once again claiming how that cover page proves that NS is dead, again. laugh.gif

imho, it'll be more regarding Hyuuga and Naruto, especially Neji. Because this volume decreed Neji's death, not some bs about Hinata and Naruto, it would be deceptive otherwise :/

は天才バスケットマン桜木花道。

uvoJkhc.png

#28 Sakamaki Izayoi

Sakamaki Izayoi

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,679 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 02:59 PM

QUOTE (六道仙人 @ Mar 6 2013, 11:57 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
imho, it'll be more regarding Hyuuga and Naruto, especially Neji. Because this volume decreed Neji's death, not some bs about Hinata and Naruto, it would be deceptive otherwise :/

I think the volume cover will be more about Naruto and the alliance, not Neji and Hinata.
611 was when the Alliance arrived.
SK-303_image007.jpg

#29 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 03:00 PM

QUOTE (redragon88 @ Mar 6 2013, 09:53 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
@六道仙人

Well seeing how one volume totally dismissed Hinata's confession and just show Kyuubi with Minato in the backgroud, I can say it's all guessing game. I will be surprised if he didn't do it. Then again, holding hands wasn't like the main feature of the volume, rather friends are the best "jutsu". My prediction: It could be Naruto with friends in the background going against Juubi, which will finally get a color.

Aw, they will get that color pages where people hoped Sakura is no longer heroine? I like that one so much. Hm, I'll think about it.

Oh, for the chapter, it was good. I'll explain later.

#30 fireandice

fireandice

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 137 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 03:01 PM

QUOTE (sushi. @ Mar 6 2013, 02:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I don't know what to think of this chapter. It was boring, but the relationship between Madara and Hashirama is much more believable than the SasuNaru bond. On the other hand, not much happens in one chapter of Naruto. Only one or two important things in every chapter. I read the chapters faster than any other manga. Kishi can also sometimes waste panels, with for instance people walking on the ground, or showing the same panel in another angle.

And you are complaining about people who are complaining laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

I definitely agree Hashirama/Madara bond seems more believable...

At some points I really wished Kishi gave Naruto more doubts about Sasuke's redemption...or even moments where Naruto at least faltered, moments where Naruto was really shaken, where he really raged and said one part of him hated Sasuke for tearing apart Team 7 like that or joining Akatsuki.

I do get that Sasuke is probably Naruto's first friend of sorts (friend his own age), but I think at certain points when Sasuke had done really terrible things-e.g like trying to kill Sakura/Kakashi...I really would like to see more of Naruto's resolve waver. It felt like battered friend syndrome at some points!!

Whereas, if it was Madara doing all those things Sasuke did, I would find Hashirama's resolve to never give up on him more understandable.

Anyways I reallyyyy like this flashback smile.gif I'm digging how Kishi really paid attention to detail to make us feel it literally IS another era long gone (the old-fashioned uniforms, no modern fanny packs just some bags tied with string, sandals, clothes, how un-urbanised everything looks, old-style buildings etc!)

I'm glad the Senju clan wasn't portrayed as some exceptionally lovey-dovey honorable clan as I thought they might be. Down and dirty and just as bloodthirsty and horrible as the rest of the era makes more sense.

#31 Slextrem

Slextrem

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,546 posts
  • Interests:I have many interests in life and reading manga happens to be one of them. My favorite pairing is definitely NaruSaku.

Posted 06 March 2013 - 03:01 PM

Who wants to bet that the cliff they raced up is where the Hokage Monument will be in Konoha? biggrin.gif

#32 Gravenimage

Gravenimage

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,535 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 03:04 PM

QUOTE (Slextrem @ Mar 6 2013, 08:01 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Who wants to bet that the cliff they raced up is where the Hokage Monument will be in Konoha? biggrin.gif

I was thinking the same thing. biggrin.gif
Gravenimage

Lone Wolf of the Grave

#33 xxRomanceGirlxx

xxRomanceGirlxx

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,815 posts
  • Interests:Reading, Writing, Debating, Anime/Manga (Naruto, Inuyasha, DBZ, Hetalia etc.), TV shows, Shipping
    Dislikes: Bashing, Double standards, Hypocrisy, NaruHina, SasuSaku, SasuKarin
    OTPs: NaruSaku (Naruto), Bangel (BtVS), InuKag (Inuyasha), LeafpoolxCrowfeather (Warriors), Percabeth (PJS), Kataang (AtLA)

Posted 06 March 2013 - 03:05 PM

The HashiMada relationship= The Naruto version of Romeo + Juliet. cool.gif

Jokes aside, I'd say the chapter was good. Not great but good. I'll explain more later when I have time.

"I absolutely can't let you die! I can't! I won't let you die ... your stupid dream ... now it's ... it's right in front of us!!"                                                                             ----Sakura Haruno                                                                              

#34 Codus N

Codus N

Highandnow

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,119 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 03:17 PM

QUOTE (Slextrem @ Mar 6 2013, 09:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
...I'm actually more interested in this flashback than I thought I would be. I couldn't stand it at first because I find fights to be extremely slow and dull, unless the enemies are providing useful information to advance the plot. At the start of this flash back, it felt like a battle to see who had the bigger jutsu, but now we're actually learning about something interesting! Maybe after this childhood flashback, I'll find the Super Ultra Mega Battle of Death more interesting as well. smile.gif

Ok, don't really want to say this, but I'm too tempted......

I TOLD YOU SO!!!

I TOLD YOU THAT THE FLASHBACK WOULD GET MORE INTERESTING!!!

That aside, the flashback does keep getting interesting as it goes on, but I hope Kishi doesn't prolong it anymore than two chapters. That would make it drag on...

QUOTE (xxRomanceGirlxx @ Mar 6 2013, 10:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Jokes aside, I'd say the chapter was good. Not great but good. I'll explain more later when I have time.

You don't know how much I laughed at this. 111189.gif

248793.jpg

The family that couldn't be.

[post='http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6EItApJttbY']An Underrated Song Worth Listening[/post]

#35 六道仙人

六道仙人

レヴィ 好き

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,375 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 03:23 PM

didn't you have noticed that Madara also had the same grin as that naruto's? huh.gif

は天才バスケットマン桜木花道。

uvoJkhc.png

#36 Nostradamus

Nostradamus

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,021 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 03:41 PM

QUOTE (xxRomanceGirlxx @ Mar 6 2013, 05:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You have got to be kidding me. That's exactly what I was thinking when I saw Hashiramas and Madaras relationship. I mean look at them as kids they get along while their parents are in a conflict. Oh the "romance" between them. laugh.gif
I'm glad I wasn't the only one that was thinking about Romeo and Juliet.

Edited by Nostradamus, 06 March 2013 - 03:44 PM.

CZSn9hA.jpg

Which I've told you - time and time again - is dangerous! There will never be consensus, son, among those you have helped to ascend. They will all differ in their views of what it means to be free. The peace you so desperately seek does not exist.

These men are united now by a common cause. But when this battle is finished they will fall to fighting amongst themselves about how best to ensure control. In time it will lead to war. You will see.

#37 Slextrem

Slextrem

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,546 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 04:07 PM

QUOTE (Codus N @ Mar 6 2013, 09:17 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Ok, don't really want to say this, but I'm too tempted......

I TOLD YOU SO!!!

I TOLD YOU THAT THE FLASHBACK WOULD GET MORE INTERESTING!!!

That aside, the flashback does keep getting interesting as it goes on, but I hope Kishi doesn't prolong it anymore than two chapters. That would make it drag on...

No, you do really want to say it.
OTHERWISE YOU WOULDN'T HAVE TYPED IT IN CAPITAL LETTERS!!! wink.gif
You were right, but if you let your head inflate any more than it has, you're going to float away~ smile.gif

There's no way it's going to wrap in two chapters. This conflict might wrap in that time, but I don't think we'll see the end of the flashback for another couple of months. It's been four weeks and Kishimoto hasn't even gotten to the point of the story yet. The reason for this flashback is to get a point across to Sasuke about the Uchiha clan, so we won't see it end until something significant happens that provides the purpose for the story, like the reason behind Madara's attack (which I feel is connected to the murder of his brother.) I would feel differently had Kishimoto given us a time skip in this chapter, but since we're still stuck in the same time as we were last week, I don't see an end in sight.

I feel like he's planning on flashing to all of the significant moments in Madara's and Hashirama's lives, starting with when they first met, becoming friends, this conflict, overcoming it, the end of the war, the alliance between clans, village life, a conflict within the alliance, the murder of Madara's brother, etc... All the way until we get back to where we started, which was their battle at the Valley of the End.

Anyway, point is, it's going to be a long one so you might as well sit back and enjoy it. It's what you wanted, so don't start complaining if we're still having this discussion in May. sleep.gif

Edited by Slextrem, 06 March 2013 - 04:12 PM.

#38 ramenanmitsu

ramenanmitsu

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,414 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 04:23 PM

The ending was badass awesome cool.gif

Btw, this chapter reminded me of Lion King 2. Can't explain why....
268702-181926-kaworu-nagisa.jpg

#39 redragon88

redragon88

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,562 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 04:24 PM

QUOTE (六道仙人 @ Mar 6 2013, 11:23 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
didn't you have noticed that Madara also had the same grin as that naruto's? huh.gif

The way Hashirama smiled also resembles the way Naruto does it when he's not showing teeth. It's not that often but it also happens.

I have the feeling that if Hashirama and Madara did the fusion dance the result would be Naruto. Sasuke seems to have less in common with any of them now. That's what he gets for being emo. tongue.gif

Still, at the end of the day Sasuke is Madara's parallel because they both share the same decision to take the route of darkness. It's less about the personalities and more about the roles they represent.

QUOTE (ramenanmitsu @ Mar 6 2013, 12:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The ending was badass awesome cool.gif

Btw, this chapter reminded me of Lion King 2. Can't explain why....

Because Lion King 2 was a modified version of Romeo and Juliet. And the relationship of Hashirama and Madara is just like that, except that instead of romance is friendship.

Edited by redragon88, 06 March 2013 - 04:26 PM.

#40 ciardha

ciardha

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,308 posts
  • Interests:Narusaku, cosplay, writing fanfiction, dollfies, Japanese history. literature and culture, linguistics, ancient Celtic history, literature, and culture, Wicca, women's history, Buffy and Spike, Rogue and Gambit, Miaka and Taka, John Lennon and Yoko Ono, sewing, reading, many shoujo and josei manga series, Star Trek, Star Wars, liberal and feminist activism

Posted 06 March 2013 - 04:28 PM

Yeah this is a very key point to the whole story- a where did this all start plot pont. So I'm certainly expecting most the approximately 10-11 chapters of the next volume will also be on Hashirama's flashback- perhaps completing in the last chapter of the next volume with Sasuke's reaction. I think Mito and the Uzumaki clan will be a part of this flashback too.
Dream you dream alone is only a dream, but dream we dream together is reality- Yoko Ono 1971

When you go to war, both sides lose totally- Yoko Ono

Remember, our hearts are one. Even when we are at war with each other, our hearts are always beating in unison- Yoko Ono 2009

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users