• This topic is locked This topic is locked
78 replies to this topic

#21 Don-kun

Don-kun

S-Class Missing-nin

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,688 posts
  • Interests:Music, Electronics, Driving car, Traveling and NaruSaku.

Posted 18 July 2012 - 02:52 PM

I knew it Kishi was apologizing when he made that statement about the story not focusing on Naruto.

#22 Shadow Wolf

Shadow Wolf

Keeping the promise

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 556 posts
  • Interests:Naruto, NaruSaku, Guilty Gear, Blazblue, Love Hina, Full Metal Panic!, The Legend of Zelda, League of Legends, videogames and anime in general.

Posted 18 July 2012 - 02:53 PM

Hehehehe, and this is why I always prefer Naruto over Sasuke --Click here to view--
To put it simply: Naruto has stayed the same way until the end while Sasuke has been swaying like the waves of the sea.

But rant aside, let's get into the chapter:

-OK, so Tobi has indeed decided to revive the Ten Tails. What I didn't have in mind was that he had already gathered chakra from both Gyūki and Kurama.

-Hehehe, and well, here's Kurama giving everyone an explanation of how he might have gathered the chakra. I wonder how Naruto will sound in the anime when this scene arrives (Yeah, like Kurama, of course, but I'm sure it will sound cool).

-Ah, so Tobi is trying to lecture Kakashi. Does he know him? After all, if you accuse someone of living a life of regret, that's because you have evidence to prove it, right?

-OK, so Ten Tails signals the end of the world, but Tobi plans to used it to complete the Moon's Eye plan. Am I the only one thinking that something so powerful cannot be controlled that easily? What would happen if the Ten Tails is indeed revived, but Tobi loses control of it?

-OK, I need help here. I traduced some of the terms but I don't think they're accurate:

Ame no - 雨の - Rainy
Hitotsu no - 一つの - One, Single
Kami - かみ - God
Atara - あたら - Exposure

But in any case, it seems that many of the names are just there to symbolize the status of the Ten Tails a God-like being.

-OK, so like Tobi said before, he plans to makes everyone follow the same way of thinking: one mind, one thought, one will, one single never-ending dream and no differences.... man that would be boring XD.

-And here's where Naruto shines over Tobi: "That's My dream, you idiot!" With his confident behavior, he let's Tobi know that he refuses the idea of a single dream. He has his own dreams, just like each individual has his own dream. And the purpose of dreams: to become true. So in other words, they're telling him that even if his plan succeeded, it will not work.

-Hahaha, and boy would Bee and Jiraiya get along so well. 111189.gif

-"My words... the words of no one are the true words that will lead this world to truth"... For some reason, this reminds me of Itachi. He said what could be considered the opposite of this: "People live their lives bound by what they accept as correct and true. That's how they define "reality". But what does it mean to be "correct" or "true"? Merely vague concepts… their "reality" may all be a mirage. Can we consider them to simply be living in their own world, shaped by their beliefs?". So yeah, we could say that Tobi's plan in the end is only a worldwide lie.

Well, overall, it was pretty much another chapter full of explanations, but you could say that it feels a bit different because of the simple fact that we got to see Naruto again.

#23 Sakamaki Izayoi

Sakamaki Izayoi

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,679 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 03:35 PM

FINNALY ONESHOT!

http://www.mangaread...uto-the-movie/1
SK-303_image007.jpg

#24 chouzu_tao

chouzu_tao

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,741 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 04:27 PM

Darn it! I really want to know who's under the mask now!

ChouzuGoCrazy.jpg

#25 Darth Krypt

Darth Krypt

Sith Lord

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,559 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 04:48 PM

Obito is too obvious. Therefore it must be Rin who used a jutsu to turn herself into a man.

DK

PgkbwAs.png

#26 Dragunov

Dragunov

Examiner

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,076 posts
  • Interests:lol git

Posted 18 July 2012 - 04:55 PM

Interesting chapter. Looks like we are finally back on track

#27 kidNinja

kidNinja

Ruining your life since 1992

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 472 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 05:36 PM

QUOTE (Darth Krypt @ Jul 18 2012, 10:48 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Obito is too obvious. Therefore it must be Rin who used a jutsu to turn herself into a man.

Minato being Naruto's dad was also too obvious and we saw how that turned out. Lol
NaruSaku...we believe in logic NOT fanfiction

Check out my story, Chain Reaction: Iron Revolution here

#28 Smiter

Smiter

... WHAT?

• Kage
  • 6,863 posts
  • Interests:Animanga, Art, Books, Gaming, Web Design.(Yes, I am a geek and proud of it)

Posted 18 July 2012 - 05:45 PM

Finally! *grabs popcorn*

I thought it would begin this week, since Sasuke and Oro were walking off into the light last chapter, and I'm glad I was right. biggrin.gif I did think the latest Sasuke development was interesting, but this is what we've been waiting for, damn it! sakura.gif

QUOTE (RedDelicious @ Jul 18 2012, 02:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hopefully, the upcoming fight won't just be power versus power. *cough*Madara*cough*
Naruto should be clever, to land hits when Tobi can phase through most attacks.

Agreed. biggrin.gif The best fights are definitely the ones where Naruto uses his wits, so this promises to be up there with the Pain fight. Don't let us down, Kishi!

Out of all the characters I can think of, Obito seems to be the prime candidate as Tobi's true identity, but it seems too obvious. If it was him, it would be a pity as he was the only Uchiha we knew who wasn't screwed up in some way.

Anyway, let's enjoy the fight. *munches on popcorn* party.gif

#29 The Tax-Man

The Tax-Man

Sapien Chronologia

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 523 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 05:46 PM

Tobi is... Sakumo. Damn. I should've seen this.

LOL no. But it's not Obito for sure. Why? Because it makes more sense for it to be someone just as kittened up as Sasuke. That's all.

Edited by The Tax-Man, 18 July 2012 - 05:47 PM.

naruto.gif

1. "This is worthless NONSENSE."
2. "This is an interesting, but perverse, point of view..."
3. "True, but quite unimportant."
4. "I ALWAYS SAID SO!"

#30 kidNinja

kidNinja

Ruining your life since 1992

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 472 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 05:54 PM

QUOTE (The Tax-Man @ Jul 18 2012, 11:46 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

LOL no. But it's not Obito for sure. Why? Because it makes more sense for it to be someone just as kittened up as Sasuke. That's all.

Obito could've been corrupted lol.
NaruSaku...we believe in logic NOT fanfiction

Check out my story, Chain Reaction: Iron Revolution here

#31 Gravenimage

Gravenimage

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,535 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 05:55 PM

QUOTE (The Tax-Man @ Jul 18 2012, 09:46 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Kakashi's dad??? and how does he has sharingan??? and how he lost the other side of his face???
Gravenimage

Lone Wolf of the Grave

#32 The Tax-Man

The Tax-Man

Sapien Chronologia

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 523 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 05:59 PM

QUOTE (Gravenimage @ Jul 18 2012, 11:55 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Kakashi's dad??? and how does he has sharingan??? and how he lost the other side of his face???

Joke?

naruto.gif

1. "This is worthless NONSENSE."
2. "This is an interesting, but perverse, point of view..."
3. "True, but quite unimportant."
4. "I ALWAYS SAID SO!"

#33 harry4e

harry4e

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,433 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 07:20 PM

QUOTE (NS means logic @ Jul 18 2012, 03:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I knew it Kishi was apologizing when he made that statement about the story not focusing on Naruto.

Huh? When was this statement made? Do you have the sourse?

I thought this chapter was good, not great like the chapters before the focus shifted to the Uchitards, I'm including Madara as well. Now that it's back to the rightful lead, the content seems 100o% better as we've had to endure so much crap in recent weeks..Infact this is the first time I can remember where I didn't even realise the chapter was due today, i've been that bored with the series, and most manga's recently.

You know what I think is behind the mask? Madara's face, that's why he hides it, as it's the face that reminds him that he is nothing more than a clone created using Madara's and Hashirama's DNA.

A bit of a waste in power isn't it? there he is with the ultimate power under his control, and he intends to use it for? a powerful Genjutsu, with that kind of power under his control, he can force peace in th real world through fear, instead he wants to go all Matrix on us...though one thing I always wondered, with the world under a Genjutsu, how do they feed? wont they all just die within a few days of starvation?

Edited by harry4e, 18 July 2012 - 07:23 PM.

iAnby7W.gif

#34 Dragunov

Dragunov

Examiner

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,076 posts
  • Interests:lol git

Posted 18 July 2012 - 07:41 PM

OH kitten KYUUBI CAN NOW POSSESS!!! MAH FEELS!!! And Bee.... well, I guess he's into milfs.

Edited by Dragunov, 18 July 2012 - 07:44 PM.

#35 Verilance

Verilance

Examiner

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 995 posts
  • Interests:Whatever comes to mind

Posted 18 July 2012 - 07:56 PM

QUOTE (harry4e @ Jul 18 2012, 03:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Huh? When was this statement made? Do you have the sourse?

In the authors note from volume 57? I think, maybe 56 he comments that someone told him he was writing a manga in which the main character rarely appears, he says from now on we will see a lot of him he thinks, he hopes.

it really has a self mocking tone lol

Edited by Verilance, 18 July 2012 - 07:57 PM.

Yotsubato! - Enjoy Everything!

#36 chouzu_tao

chouzu_tao

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,741 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 08:05 PM

QUOTE (Smiter @ Jul 18 2012, 12:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Out of all the characters I can think of, Obito seems to be the prime candidate as Tobi's true identity, but it seems too obvious. If it was him, it would be a pity as he was the only Uchiha we knew who wasn't screwed up in some way.

I don't want it to be Tobi, there isn't much evidence to go on that it is other him than the single eye at introduction, but Kishi hasn't exactly shied away from obvious choices. Example being how Minato is Naruto's dad. It was fairly blatant since day one. If it is Tobi, I think it would be to re-inforce how the Uchiha got what they deserved.

ChouzuGoCrazy.jpg

#37 Insurrection

Insurrection

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,143 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 08:27 PM

I know the oneshot is out and everyone wants to obsess over that for the movie, but this chapter was too amazing to ignore 8D.

Edited by Insurrection, 18 July 2012 - 09:54 PM.

#38 CloudMountainJuror

CloudMountainJuror

Zac the CMJ

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,726 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 10:14 PM

Finally, Tobi himself is going to throw down. Looking forward to it. This is what I've been waiting for, not that "true name" crap. laugh.gif
Good chapter.

"The time has come at last for you to learn everything . . .

Fare thee well, Albert, my friend."

AboojTi.gif

#39 merryGOflava

merryGOflava

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,386 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 10:20 PM

AHAHAHAHAA!!! I knew it!! Is gonna be obito...

I'm callin it now.

tumblr_mp2s5jvShD1svjcb7o1_250.gif

#40 CloudMountainJuror

CloudMountainJuror

Zac the CMJ

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,726 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 10:22 PM

QUOTE (merryGOflava @ Jul 18 2012, 05:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
AHAHAHAHAA!!! I knew it!! Is gonna be obito...

I'm callin it now.

Most likely, yeah. But even if it's not, Tobi will have my love, whoever he is. I just hope that Kishi doesn't waste Tobi's potential like he did Kabuto's. dry.gif

"The time has come at last for you to learn everything . . .

Fare thee well, Albert, my friend."

AboojTi.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users