Close
Photo

the atmosphere.. has changed since i joined......

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
29 replies to this topic

#21 BakeNeko-Chan

BakeNeko-Chan

Commander

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,017 posts
  • Interests:Reading and writing. Anime/Manga.

Posted 07 August 2014 - 12:30 AM

I'm probably the least critical person in existence when it comes to entertainment media :sweatdrop:

A lot of times I don't notice points of criticism until people point them out, unless it's something more obvious.

Nothing wrong with that. :smile: It's probably a lot easier to just enjoy something without feeling critical over it, but I can't really help it. I tend to be a critical person by nature, sometimes it's a good thing and sometimes it's a bad thing. :sweat:

#22 Lid

Lid

Notorious

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,660 posts
  • Interests:Movies, sports and anime/manga.

Posted 07 August 2014 - 12:34 AM

I can't speak for everyone, but myself, I just want to see how it all ends. I've been reading this manga for nearly 11 years, so I want to see what it all leads to. Plus, I usually just skim the chapters so it doesn't take much time from my day. 

What I still don't get is why some of you still read the manga if you hate it so much? That's what I don't understand.

I don't really hate it. I would say that, for the most part, I enjoy most of Naruto. Just because I haven't enjoyed it lately, doesn't mean that I now disregard all of the good things in the series. It also doesn't mean that the manga can't still pull a 180 and turn into something better.

Like I said above, to some that absolutely been hating this manga for the past year and a half, why not just drop it and not come to the forum anymore? 

Even if I really did hate Naruto, it wouldn't stop me from coming back to he forum. I still enjoy the other sections of the forum (movies, entertainment) and still enjoy looking up fanfics of NaruSaku. 

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

#23 vblm

vblm

Academy Student

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 37 posts

Posted 07 August 2014 - 12:44 AM

What I still don't get is why some of you still read the manga if you hate it so much? That's what I don't understand. Even worse when some get mad when you bring this option to them calling you out saying you are enticing them, but whatever.

I stopped reading Bleach when it got too ridiculous. Every now and then I try to pick it back up only to find more reasons to put it back down.

Bolded: Can't that be applied to everyone though regardless of where you stand? Like I said above, to some that absolutely been hating this manga for the past year and a half, why not just drop it and not come to the forum anymore? If people are tired of people complaining about them complaining then they are only adding to ever lasting complaining circle and thus can be said that instead of complaining about the complainer of people who are complaining they should just let them be and have their own opinion. (I have gone cross eyed.) Also, if you think about it, everyone is feeling the exact same way. Kind of funny and ironic how we all have the same feelings, but we are on two different sides of the fence.

It is forever a complaining loop.

We have to end the circle of complaining.

How can I end this cycle of complaining...

If I can't even save my own friend from complaining so much?

#24 questdrivencollie

questdrivencollie

trainer of ninja hounds

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,735 posts
  • Interests:Art, music, anime & manga, animals, dog training & behavior

"If I stumble, take a tumble
    Go ahead serve me another
    And if I fall I’ll give it my all
    ‘Cause the fall is half the fight "

Posted 07 August 2014 - 12:57 AM

Nothing wrong with that. :smile: It's probably a lot easier to just enjoy something without feeling critical over it, but I can't really help it. I tend to be a critical person by nature, sometimes it's a good thing and sometimes it's a bad thing. :sweat:

Yeah, I can get that.

I guess in my case...I just really want to assume the best about the stuff I enjoy. Doesn't mean I think it's flawless, though. I can notice flaws sometimes and acknowledge the ones others bring up that I end up agreeing with them on. It's pretty much how I am in general, and it can also be both a good and bad thing.

tumblr_inline_nt19in1cWl1sat1vz_540_zpsd
"Don't ever turn me loose
Even when I turn my back"
~Relient K

#25 James S Cassidy

James S Cassidy

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,831 posts

Posted 07 August 2014 - 01:05 AM

I can't speak for everyone, but myself, I just want to see how it all ends. I've been reading this manga for nearly 11 years, so I want to see what it all leads to. Plus, I usually just skim the chapters so it doesn't take much time from my day. 

I don't really hate it. I would say that, for the most part, I enjoy most of Naruto. Just because I haven't enjoyed it lately, doesn't mean that I now disregard all of the good things in the series. It also doesn't mean that the manga can't still pull a 180 and turn into something better.

Even if I really did hate Naruto, it wouldn't stop me from coming back to he forum. I still enjoy the other sections of the forum (movies, entertainment) and still enjoy looking up fanfics of NaruSaku. 

And the others? What about those who really do hate every bit of this manga and are still here? Some here even say that this manga hasn't been good since the Pein Arc. If that is true, and they think the manga is never going to get better...then why not go do something else? People say one thing and yet their actions are completely different.

Not only that, but if you really think about it, people complaining about the complainers who complain about the complainers is not really helping to diminish the problem. It is only adding more to the pile. I have learned to ignore posts by some members simply because I know exactly what they are going to say or because I don't take their opinion valid. Some could do the same. Another problem I see is how people say they are entitled to their opinion, but let's be honest how many times can some keep complaining about the same thing? Hell, on my podcast I have been using it to be satirical simply because I love the reactions people have to it. Almost a parody of sorts.

It's becoming this circular logic now where people are complaining about the complainers who complain about being complainers. They talk about how they think it is mean and rude that they shouldn't be judged on their opinions, but then turn around and really start judging others themselves.

So where does it stop?

Also, devil's advocate here, why can't people complain about the complainers? You'd be surprised on what kind of answers I think people might say and probably say that in a funny sense of irony they are the same answers they give to you.

In the end I think we all can agree on one singular truth: "We are just tired of hearing it."

Edited by James S Cassidy, 07 August 2014 - 02:56 AM.

My gofundme
https://www.gofundme...c-designer-fund

Δικός σου για να κρατάτε
Σ'αγαπώ

#26 Lid

Lid

Notorious

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,660 posts
  • Interests:Movies, sports and anime/manga.

Posted 07 August 2014 - 02:05 AM

And the others? What about those who really do hate every bit of this manga and are still here? Some here even say that this manga hasn't been good since the Pein Arc. If that is true, and they think the manga is never going to get better...then why not go do something else? People say one thing and yet their actions are completely different.

You're right, I can only speak for myself. I take it they want to see what happens, or maybe still enjoy a character or two? Not sure.

Not only that, but if you really think about it, people complaining about the complainers who complain is not really helping to diminish the problem. It is only adding more to the pile. 

Agreed. I just found the idea that H&E is suddenly changing for the worst lately to be somewhat of a dramatic statement.

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

#27 xxRomanceGirlxx

xxRomanceGirlxx

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,815 posts
  • Interests:Reading, Writing, Debating, Anime/Manga (Naruto, Inuyasha, DBZ, Hetalia etc.), TV shows, Shipping
    Dislikes: Bashing, Double standards, Hypocrisy, NaruHina, SasuSaku, SasuKarin
    OTPs: NaruSaku (Naruto), Bangel (BtVS), InuKag (Inuyasha), LeafpoolxCrowfeather (Warriors), Percabeth (PJS), Kataang (AtLA)

Posted 07 August 2014 - 04:54 AM

I don't see why it's so hard for people to accept people have different opinions. Some people still love Naruto and think it's fine, some still like it and are just critical of some of Kishi's choices, and others don't like it all because of how far the series has come from how it used to be.

Complaining about other people complaining isn't helping. I don't like everything everyone says on this site either, but I don't tell them they shouldn't feel that way. If I disagree, that's that and you disagree, that's that. I enjoy debating and seeing other people's opinions, whether I agree or not. It's nice communication and gives you more of an open-mind.

Thinking about this week's chapter isn't something I like doing because I'm very angry about it, but if you don't have a problem with that, good for you. I can't do that, though I don't hate this manga either. I just don't like some of the things Kishi's been doing lately, just a lot of the Naruto fandom on a whole.

I know I'm a critical person sometimes, but I'm an optimist too. I still hope Kishimoto might start to do things better somewhere down the line, even if it can't take away what he did before. I'm still around for that and the fact I still care about characters like Sakura and Naruto and what will happen to Sasuke and T7.   :smile:

"I absolutely can't let you die! I can't! I won't let you die ... your stupid dream ... now it's ... it's right in front of us!!"                                                                             ----Sakura Haruno                                                                              

#28 James S Cassidy

James S Cassidy

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,831 posts

Posted 07 August 2014 - 06:41 AM

I don't see why it's so hard for people to accept people have different opinions.    :smile:

The sad part is, if we really did accept other people's viewpoint truly....we would have world peace. No fooling. It is in our nature to disagree and not accept what we don't like, but in a realist sort of way some may ask why people cannot accept that some people are tired of negativity and want it to stop.

It's always interesting to take a step back and truly understand that logic can be used both ways regardless of what side you are on in all situations.

Due to how sometimes people have overblown things, there is bound to be some recourse. People can only take so much drama before it grains on you and you lose all tolerance. Perchance a middle ground where everyone eases back a little and think about whether what they post or not should be said. In a fair way, maybe some need to ease up on the negativity like how we take cover pages or the supposed "pregnant female" sketch that everyone talks about from the movie. I have seen people go on and on on this subject to the point that you spend the whole time wasting away on it.

Sometimes, not always, but sometimes just because you have an opinion doesn't really mean you should share it. Sometimes it is better to not say anything because tension is really too high to say it.

My gofundme
https://www.gofundme...c-designer-fund

Δικός σου για να κρατάτε
Σ'αγαπώ

#29 Lodus

Lodus

l

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 80 posts

Posted 07 August 2014 - 07:34 AM

I'm leaving. Not even because i don't think you all don't have a point, but because you all just proved my point. And that is that none of you listen.

When someone wants to open a discussion, and God forbid it questions anything about the community and the problems within it, people get all "I don't have to change my opinion to please you". It's all the same. The frustration of complainers complaining about complainers comes from narrow minded responses from people who don't even take the time to look at the situation from a different perspective. This is why 2 people have left already.

Because when someone wants to ask Something that nobody else will, everybody wants to jump on them. I've had enough of it.

tumblr_m6t2spSzKA1qgxo0po1_500.gif

#30 tricksie

tricksie

Legendary Ninja

• ANBU
  • 3,655 posts

Posted 07 August 2014 - 02:33 PM

Then go. 

If you can't handle dissenting opinions, then yeah, this place might not be the best for you right now. Better seek out another NaruSaku website that offers iBlogs, an art gallery, a writing section and library, gamer lounge, tech threads, discussion forums on other mangas, movies, animes and life in general, AS WELL AS the anything Naruto-related, focusing on NaruSaku while being tolerant of other ships.

If you think this WHOLE SITE has changed because you don't agree with some things posted in ONE THREAD, then by all means go out and find a site like this one where everyone agrees with you all the time.

And when that doesn't work out, come back and begin posting again. No harm done. But spare us the drama and the collective hate. This is a community of people who work hard to make it a nice place, mods and users alike. It can't be all things to all people at all times. If you need to take a break to get that into perspective, then do it.

And I'd post this in response to every single thread like this one.

I'm closing this thread. You've said your piece and gotten some responses. I hope you find what your looking for somewhere else.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users