LuNa (Luffy x Nami)

IzuOcha (Deku x Ochako)

Kirisuna (Kirito x Asuna)

Kataang (Aang x Katara)

EreHisu (Eren x Historia)

Astelle (Asta x Noelle)

NaruSaku (Naruto x Sakura)

Posted 20 October 2014 - 10:20 PM

I believe 699 gonna be an aftermath chapter and bonus chapter is an epilogue or movie chapter.

@lucky chi
What chapter is 699? 8th or 9th chapter?

699 is gonna be the 9th chapter in the current volume.

4e26f1bc8d604925166ad9bb2f431f5cc8eb6385

THAT'S WHAT HEROES DO, THEY SAVE PEOPLE!!

#36862 rocci

rocci

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,708 posts

Posted 20 October 2014 - 10:30 PM

699 is gonna be the 9th chapter in the current volume.

Thanks.
I think chapter 697 gonna be the climax of this fight with both of them running out of chakra and preparing one last attack (rasenshuriken vs variety chidori).
Chapter 698 is the final tnj, tsukoyomi dispel, and naruto win the fight.
Chapter 699 is the aftermath. In the last arc of naruto there is always aftermath chapter.
And special chapter is chapter 700 as the epilogue or no number chapter as special movie chapter like Rtn chapter.

Edited by rocci, 20 October 2014 - 10:33 PM.

#36863 Naruko

Naruko

I'm not even sorry

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,247 posts

Posted 20 October 2014 - 10:38 PM

I wouldn't be surprised if the fight lasted until the next chapter though...

lion-king-cute-funny-cat-gif.gif

#36864 Syn11

Syn11

Elite Teacher

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,190 posts
  • Interests:Writing, art, psychology & oriental culture.

Posted 20 October 2014 - 10:45 PM

Just watch this trailer of "The Right Kind of Wrong". It's hilariously NS themed. I guess, "the right kind of wrong" logic partly applies to Naruto and Sakura's relationship.

Trailer

Edited by Syn11, 20 October 2014 - 10:51 PM.

#36865 Silent Storm

Silent Storm

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 219 posts

Posted 20 October 2014 - 11:00 PM

With the way things are set up it'll be interesting to see if Kishi can fit in Sakura waking up in the coming chapters.

Her coming to terms with her feelings for Sasuke and how he actually feels and moving on will be enough for me. If that doesn't happen then this story is terrible imo.

I can see Sasuke stopping with his plans to kill the kage but not returning to Konoha. Too much kitten has happened with the Uchiha and everything else so I see him with aligning himself with Taka and maybe Orochimaru. What he plans to do I don't know but his designs in The Last doesn't really point towards him being a Konoha nin so at best he'll be allied with them but won't actually live there. ith the power he has at his disposal I doubt he'd be willing to take orders and go on missions for people weaker than him. Having his own team and protecting the Ninja world from the shadows is what I want.

Only issue with this is Naruto's promise to Sakura to bring Sasuke back. Right now it's not sure whether it means bring him back into the Konoha circle or "bring him back" meaning bring him back from the darkness. The LOI arc kinda suggested it meant more save him from darkness and a path of destruction than it meant bring Sasuke back to Konoha. Either way the promise (depending on what it means now) in conjunction with Sakura's feelings for Sasuke are the biggest obstacles preventing NaruSaku from ever being canon imo.

Kishimoto still hasn't addressed Sakura's feelings for Naruto and tbh thats one thing he can't leave out as well as all the development and parallels that linked to NaruSaku. If the next generation surpassing still means anything then Naruto holding onto his love for Sakura and winning her heart *should* be the next logical step but you can't really tell with this guy anymore.

Either way I don't see Sasuke back in Konoha playing happy ninjas after everything that's happened. Taka suits him more than Team 7 at this point.

#36866 rocci

rocci

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,708 posts

Posted 20 October 2014 - 11:09 PM

@silentstorm
Konoha is too big for naruto and sasuke.
That's why I believe sasuke will not in konoha. He will travel with team taka.
I believe orochimaru will have his own agenda.

I believe that sasuke will become small village champion and naruto will become five village hero. No mass resurrection, so I expect an alliance between five village like konoha - suna alliance in part 2, because there is not enough man power.

#36867 BlackBird19

BlackBird19

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 434 posts
  • Interests:USMC,
    baseball,
    football,
    hockey,
    Music(all kinds),
    and manga.

Posted 20 October 2014 - 11:22 PM

I think Sakura would more than satisfied with Sasuke just being back from the darkness. I don't necessarily think she needs to see him daily or have him constantly around for her feel happy and consider the promise fulfilled. Especially after 693.

#36868 TyranntX

TyranntX

Undisputed King of the Dinosaurs

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 332 posts
  • Interests:NaruSaku (duh), Dinosaurs, anime, Starcraft, and skyrim.

Posted 21 October 2014 - 12:09 AM

I may be late on the subject. But any one who says NS is dead has never been more wrong. It's Stronger than ever, in fact that strike sasuke delivered to Sakura sealed the deal. for reasons I'm not going to get into (Yet)

tyrantrum.gif

NaruSaku

Check out my Youtube Channel!

https://www.youtube....TyranntX/videos

#36869 xxRomanceGirlxx

xxRomanceGirlxx

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,815 posts
  • Interests:Reading, Writing, Debating, Anime/Manga (Naruto, Inuyasha, DBZ, Hetalia etc.), TV shows, Shipping
    Dislikes: Bashing, Double standards, Hypocrisy, NaruHina, SasuSaku, SasuKarin
    OTPs: NaruSaku (Naruto), Bangel (BtVS), InuKag (Inuyasha), LeafpoolxCrowfeather (Warriors), Percabeth (PJS), Kataang (AtLA)

Posted 21 October 2014 - 12:17 AM

I don't think there was much of anything strong in Sakura's behavior in 693. She was angry, but something inside her stopped her from properly expressing it and then we got that speech. As always, Sasuke strips away her entire backbone. It's never been easy for Sakura to actually stand up to him though who knows why at this point.

Sakura wasn't talking about being disgusted with herself as being pathetic for feeling like this to Sasuke. What she was doing the entire time was blaming herself for how Sasuke ended up. That's what she thought was pathetic, not how she felt.

That wasn't standing up to him. That was begging him to say and taking the blame for all his terrible choices just because she never reached him. That's not only excusing Sasuke again, but it's also Sakura feeling responsible for something that was never her fault to begin with.

She also didn't even talk about what Naruto and Kakashi also sacrificed. All she talked about was her feelings. Even if she did mean it platonically to some of you, that still makes it come off as selfish. Not to mention makes little sense since her feelings never even affected Sasuke in Part 1.

693 was not a highlight for Sakura to me. The only good thing that will come out of it is Sakura getting closure with Sasuke.

Edited by xxRomanceGirlxx, 21 October 2014 - 01:54 AM.

"I absolutely can't let you die! I can't! I won't let you die ... your stupid dream ... now it's ... it's right in front of us!!"                                                                             ----Sakura Haruno                                                                              

#36870 luffyq1

luffyq1

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,371 posts

Posted 21 October 2014 - 12:32 AM

I don't think there was much of anything strong in Sakura's behavior in 693. She was angry, but something inside her stopped her from properly expressing it and then we got that speech. As always, Sasuke strips away her entire backbone. It's never been easy for Sakura to actually stand up to him though who knows why at this point.

Sakura wasn't talking about being disgusted with herself as being pathetic for feeling like this to Sasuke. What she was doing the entire time was blaming herself for how Sasuke ended up. That's what she thought was pathetic, not how she felt.

That wasn't standing up to him. That was begging him to say and taking the blame for all his terrible choices just because she never reached him. That's not only excusing Sasuke again, but it's also Sakura feeling responsible for something that was never her fault to begin with.

She also didn't even talk about what Naruto and Kakashi also sacrificed. All she talked about was her feelings. Even if she did mean it platonically to some of you, that still makes it come off as selfish. Not to mention makes little sense since her feelings never even affected Sasuke in Part 1.

693 was not a highlight for Sakura to me. The only good thing that will come out of it is Sakura getting closure with Sasuke.

definitely not a pro sakura chapter.

Untitled_zpsbc671263.png

#36871 Princess Iris

Princess Iris

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,427 posts

Posted 21 October 2014 - 12:43 AM

definitely not a pro sakura chapter.

not for me though

#36872 Raiton

Raiton

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 311 posts

Posted 21 October 2014 - 12:58 AM

I have to share this one.

https://www.youtube....6cA1EGtoMU#t=70

That Frimizen is a genius!

I liked this one too: "Promise of a lifetime" :3 

Edited by Raiton, 21 October 2014 - 01:01 AM.

taRhIfA.png                                                            

#36873 BlackBird19

BlackBird19

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 434 posts
  • Interests:USMC,
    baseball,
    football,
    hockey,
    Music(all kinds),
    and manga.

Posted 21 October 2014 - 01:00 AM

@xxRomanceGirlxx: I understand where you're coming from with you're take on what she said but I really didn't see it that way. In each translation to me she's explaining not that it's her fault he's the way he is, but she could never really do anything for him that mattered. That her love and care never made a difference for him yet she refused to let go of those feelings for him. That's why she called herself pathetic because even though she knew he didn't care for her deeply she refused to grow up and acknowledge that. Refusing the realization that she never really knew Sasuke. She just clung to a hope that she was going to play some pivotal part in saving him rather than it was always going to be Naruto alone. That's just my take on it anyway.

#36874 BlazingDynamo

BlazingDynamo

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,304 posts
  • Interests:NaruSaku playing video games watching Pokemon XY talking to other NS fans

Posted 21 October 2014 - 01:09 AM

I ship them from now on. Though its still NOT my OTP XD

You ship what? Lol

The way I see it, you need to follow the patterns and dynamics of each character, only then can you frame a picture of where Kishimoto is heading when it comes to ending pairings.

Because if NaruHina and SasuSaku were meant to be endgame, then;

-Why did Kishimoto have it so Sasuke left the village and have him show no doubt in his actions when Sakura confessed her love to him in part 1?

-If Sasuke was meant to end up together with Sakura, why didn't Kishimoto have Naruto, like Sakura with Naruto, see Hinata in a different light than he already does, and why hasn't he hinted that Naruto might start to see if Hinata in a romantic light (especially during the war)?

-Why was it that Hinata, if NaruHina is meant to be canon, was absent for the majority of Part 2 and comparatively spent little time with Naruto compared to Sakura?

-Why did Kishimoto decide to parallel the team 7 dynamic with Minato's team and the 3 Sannin, as well as emphasize Obito's and Jiraiya's failure in winning over the girl of his dreams?

-Why has there been no substantial followups towards Hinata's confession and 615?

-Why has the war played out as it did for Sakura and Sasuke if SasuSaku is meant to be endgame? By this I mean why did a Sasuke not hellbent on killing indiscriminately anymore treating Sakura like kitten such as going as far as to cut through her to get to Madara, telling her she was useless in the upcoming battle, telling Naruto that he should let both her and Kakashi die in molten lava as they're a liability and somewhat useless in the battle (which may have been true at that point but why have it show that Sasuke didn't care about whether they lived or died)?

-Why has it been that since the start of the manga Sakura and Sasuke are not in tune with each other's thoughts, feelings and history. If SasuSaku is meant to be canon why is it that Sakura does not know the full details of the Uchiha, Itachi or how Sasuke really feelings?

-What was the point of the Heaven and Earth speech?

-If SasuSaku is meant to be endgame, why is it that romantic love is not an aspect of Sasuke's character, and why hasn't he been hinted to have romantic feelings for either Sakura or Karin?

-If NaruHina is meant to be endgame, why have Kushina be a direct parallel to Sakura in terms of insecurity and opinions of Minato and Naruto, only to then foreshadow Naruto finding a girl just like her mother, who shares the same mannerisms temperment as Sakura?

-Following on from that, if NaruHina and SasuSaku were endgame, why place Sakura and Karin beside Naruto and Sasuke in their darkest hour, only to then reveal that Sakura shares the same dream as Naruto and then proceed to do whatever it takes to keep him alive? CPR wasn't necessary but that and the heart grab is pretty telling on where Naruto is heading when it comes to endgame pairings.

-If Hinata is meant to be Naruto's love interest, why have it so Minato, his damn father, meets Sakura and then question whether she's his girlfriend, only for Naruto to jokeingly say yes and have Minatao make the comparison between her and Kushina?

-If NaruHina is meant to be endgame, why spoil the end pairing in a dream sequence with her together with Naruto, and having Neji in the background spying on them, only to pair this dream with other dreams that have no chance in hell of happening (like Kiba being hokage, Sai and Sasuke fighting over Ino and a future where Dan is the hokage and Nawaki and Jiraiya are alive)?

-If SasuSaku is meant to be endgame, why have Sasuke outright reject Sakura's feelings once again, but instead of a simple genjutsu, have it so Sakura is "killed" by Sasuke's hand with a chidori to the heart?

-If SasuSaku is meant to be endgame, why is it that these supposed feelings and headcanons from the other side have been thoroughly dismantled by Sasuke's own words following on from 693?

-Why is it that Sakura is shown to he ashamed of her feelings towards Sasuke, but whenever she's around Naruto she's  always happy and smiling, and he fills her with hope?

-Why hint that Sakura might possibly have romantic feelings for Naruto with interrupted conversations with 3rd party commentary?

-Uchiha's love is meant to be stronger than that of a regular shinobi, to the point where they unlock a new power if they lose or are close to losing someone they consider dear to them. So if that's the case, why was it that Karin was used a means for Sasuke to unlock the power to dispel the amaterasu, even going as far as to act irrationally and put the lives of his other teammates in danger just to save Karin, but when it came to the war arc, Sasuke was quite willing to let Sakura die in molton lava and even go as far as to cut through her to get Madara?

-Finally, why are the dynamics in NaruHina and SasuSaku imbalanced?

There is a pattern Kishimoto has developed when it came to NaruSaku that remained consistent throughout the manga. Nowhere in the manga has Kishimoto decided to parallel NaruHina and SasuSaku, but all parallels point towards a NaruSaku ending. Why is it that Kishimoto decide to show only Sakura's feelings and opinions of Naruto change, but Naruto, Hinata and Sasuke have remained largely consistent in their characters from the minute they were introduced?

What pairing fans fail to do is look at the dynamics of each relationship in a casual and battle setting. In NaruHina's case, Hinata has not been shown to converse with Naruto in a casual setting outside of battle and in battle enough for them to progress in their relationship. Not only that, but comparatively, he's spent more time with Sakura than with Hinata and has shown no signs of falling out of love with her for Hinata. Through these casual interactions we gain insight into Naruto and Sakura's relationships and just how similar they are in personality, interests and goals. They understand each other and both want the same things. This is what I think Kishimoto wanted to show us and they have the strongest foundations for a relationship.

On Sasuke's end we are introduced to a character he has more respect for than Sakura, unlocks a new power to save her and even went as far as to apologise to her after he was on his true darkness kick. With Sakura we're shown just how little he cares for her and her feelings during the Madara and Kaguya attack.

People make the mistake of viewing moments in isolation and not viewing the story as a whole, and then proceed to develop headcanons that go against what these characters are about. If NaruSaku happens (hopefully) then it won't be an asspull or something nobody saw coming because time and time again they've proven to not understand the dynamics of each relationship and placed to much emphasis on the feelings of the females, not taking into considering how the males (especially Naruto who is the main character and has had an established love interest since chapter 3) feel about all this which is why I say nowadays a lot of the pairing fans on the other side don't give a kitten about Naruto, Sakura, Sasuke and Hinata anymore because they're more fixated on being right than anything else.

If both pairings happen then all the parallels, foreshadowing and development would have gone to waste for nothing.

Omg this is so true

#36875 rocci

rocci

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,708 posts

Posted 21 October 2014 - 01:13 AM

For me, sakura is an ordinary girl who always want to be useful. That's why aside from romance, sakura conflict is usefulness. Especially toward naruto.

If naruto is sun and light, sasuke is moon and dark, then I think sakura is earth and tree. Sun and moon influence earth and tree can't live in dark, it need light more than anything.
That's why any sakura scene with sasuke always in dark or night and with naruto always in light or day.

Naruto always make sakura happy, but does sakura do the same with naruto?
Yes, at least it show in sai flashback.
We know naruto & sasuke history, but we don't know naruto & sakura history(yet).

#36876 BlazingDynamo

BlazingDynamo

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,304 posts
  • Interests:NaruSaku playing video games watching Pokemon XY talking to other NS fans

Posted 21 October 2014 - 01:18 AM

And SS fans say that chapt 693 was pro SS...

#36877 luffyq1

luffyq1

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,371 posts

Posted 21 October 2014 - 01:29 AM

And SS fans say that chapt 693 was pro SS...

it wasn't pro anything. ss fans have nothing to be proud of about that chapter.

Untitled_zpsbc671263.png

#36878 BlazingDynamo

BlazingDynamo

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,304 posts

Posted 21 October 2014 - 01:44 AM

it wasn't pro anything. ss fans have nothing to be proud of about that chapter.

I find it strange how they say it was but oh well...

#36879 xxRomanceGirlxx

xxRomanceGirlxx

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,815 posts
  • Interests:Reading, Writing, Debating, Anime/Manga (Naruto, Inuyasha, DBZ, Hetalia etc.), TV shows, Shipping
    Dislikes: Bashing, Double standards, Hypocrisy, NaruHina, SasuSaku, SasuKarin
    OTPs: NaruSaku (Naruto), Bangel (BtVS), InuKag (Inuyasha), LeafpoolxCrowfeather (Warriors), Percabeth (PJS), Kataang (AtLA)

Posted 21 October 2014 - 01:52 AM

@BlackBird19:

I respect your opinion. I just remember saying Sakura all she ever did was sit her and cry and that she could never be there for him when he needed someone to help. That was definitely her feeling responsible to me and thinking she did nothing for him. It's not unlike Sakura to feel that way---she always takes the blame for things that were never necessarily her fault---but it just comes off as unflattering. She has no reason to feel be responsible, especially for someone like Sasuke who always made his own choices.

I just will never understand what she was thinking. Why did Kishimoto make Sakura talk about her? Perhaps the intent was for Team 7 to be back to the way it was, but talking about how much she cares only and how much she 'loves him' makes no sense whatsoever. That never affected Sasuke, why now? It's like she recycled old mistakes of Part 1 and it doesn't show as much as development as it should've.

I'm not trying to judge Sakura too harshly. I totally understand she was desperate. But I just wish her final moment before SS's final nail wouldn't have to be so ... uninspiring?

Edited by xxRomanceGirlxx, 21 October 2014 - 01:52 AM.

"I absolutely can't let you die! I can't! I won't let you die ... your stupid dream ... now it's ... it's right in front of us!!"                                                                             ----Sakura Haruno                                                                              

#36880 narusaku256

narusaku256

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,975 posts
  • Interests:Everything :D

Posted 21 October 2014 - 01:59 AM

You ship what? Lol

Omg this is so true

Ash x Serena XDDD

Edited by narusaku256, 21 October 2014 - 01:59 AM.

tumblr_nokgzxLJ4A1ts94lmo1_500.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users