• Please log in to reply
54188 replies to this topic

#36541 Elicit

Elicit

Academy Teacher

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 647 posts
  • Interests:Mainly Video Games (mostly RPGs/Platformers/retro stuff), Music, Anime/Manga, Debating

Posted 18 October 2014 - 10:09 PM

:confused:

Sorry, but that has got to be the worst thing to bring up. You even tied the events of the romance from that story to the tweet by Studio Pierrot. It really didn't seem like you were joking at all. I know for a fact that you sometimes joke about these things but at times it seems like you spread negativity about these things.

Edited by Elicit, 18 October 2014 - 10:12 PM.

#36542 六道仙人

六道仙人

レヴィ 好き

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,375 posts

Posted 18 October 2014 - 10:11 PM

Sorry, but that has got to be the worst thing to bring up. You even tied the events of the romance from that story to the tweet by Studio Pierrot. It really didn't seem like you were joking at all.

uh, what do you mean?

は天才バスケットマン桜木花道。

"I'm the Basketball genius, Hanamichi Sakuragi"

uvoJkhc.png

#36543 elmas

elmas

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,445 posts

Posted 18 October 2014 - 10:15 PM

This thread borrowed negativity from the movie thread or 693?

tumblr_nipy94W2uE1tjr97wo2_500.gif

#36544 Elicit

Elicit

Academy Teacher

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 647 posts
  • Interests:Mainly Video Games (mostly RPGs/Platformers/retro stuff), Music, Anime/Manga, Debating

Posted 18 October 2014 - 10:20 PM

uh, what do you mean?

It seemed like you were worrying about the "new love" tweet because of Kishi's favorite movie, thinking that he might make NH canon because of that. I didn't watch that movie, but from what I hear something happened in the movie that is very favorable to NH and I don't like that one bit...

#36545 Silent Storm

Silent Storm

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 219 posts

Posted 18 October 2014 - 10:20 PM

693 still has everyone on edge it seems.

Personally, until Sasuke shows a hint of romantic interest (unlikely) then I wouldn't be worried about much.

I mean if Sasuke didn't leave the village and if Karin wasn't introduced then I'd be more worried, but Sasuke seems to care more about Karin than he does about Sakura was is funny (though I don't ship SasuKarin).

#36546 Syn11

Syn11

Elite Teacher

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,190 posts
  • Interests:Writing, art, psychology & oriental culture.

Posted 18 October 2014 - 10:21 PM

Too bad: 

You have reached your quota of positive votes for the day

I haven't reached mine. =)

Let's spread love!

My perfect ending!

"I love you, Naruto, damn it..."

"But Sasuke..."

"How can I love Sasuke?"

"Why are you asking me this?"

"It's your fault."

"I... don't understand how exactly..."

"How can I love Sasuke when you showed me what it's like... to be loved?! How can I love Sasuke when he'll never be you?! How can I love Sasuke when every time I think of someone who makes me happy, I imagine your face?! Sasuke just doesn't stand a chance."

Edited by Syn11, 18 October 2014 - 10:24 PM.

#36547 Chatte

Chatte

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,755 posts

Posted 18 October 2014 - 10:21 PM

Ah guys chill. Everything will be okay. Trust me! ;)

2d617bda57e68a9871d0769988a82b4b93870803

Still rambling about Naruto/NaruSaku stuff on

https://chatte-georgiana.com

#36548 FreakySandra1995

FreakySandra1995

Elite Teacher

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,162 posts

Posted 18 October 2014 - 10:23 PM

^

I

This

Your wish has been heard loud and clear!

tumblr_n4c1f8AT2C1tswvyoo3_500.gif

Iki Hiyori

May our fates intertwine!

#36549 SuperSilverStar

SuperSilverStar

Chuunin

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 566 posts

Posted 18 October 2014 - 10:27 PM

That's all I need to hear  :thumb:

#36550 六道仙人

六道仙人

レヴィ 好き

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,375 posts

Posted 18 October 2014 - 10:28 PM

It seemed like you were worrying about the "new love" tweet because of Kishi's favorite movie, thinking that he might make NH canon because of that. I didn't watch that movie, but from what I hear something happened in the movie that is very favorable to NH and I don't like that one bit...

oh that...Yeah, I fear that Kishi, since he is a fanatic of hollywood movies, could inspire to that movie for his romance story in the manga. And that movie is really awful, guys... he considers that movie as his favourite romantic movie. And I don't like this at all... I can only hope that he won't take inspiration from that movie for resolving pairings in his story.  you can read the plot of that movie on wikipedia and you will understand about what I'm worrying.

I don't try to be hateful to anyone with my posts... most of time I'm just joking, but I cannot negate that the recent devolopments from manga and movie are scaring me a bit. And since I don't have much faith in Kishimoto's writing skills in the last years.

は天才バスケットマン桜木花道。

"I'm the Basketball genius, Hanamichi Sakuragi"

uvoJkhc.png

#36551 Syn11

Syn11

Elite Teacher

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,190 posts

Posted 18 October 2014 - 10:30 PM

oh that...Yeah, I fear that Kishi, since he is a fanatic of hollywood movies, could inspire to that movie for his romance story in the manga. And that movie is really awful, guys... he considers that movie as his favourite romantic movie. And I don't like this at all... I can only hope that he won't take inspiration from that movie for resolving pairings in his story.  you can read the plot of that movie on wikipedia and you will understand about what I'm worrying.

I don't try to be hateful to anyone with my posts... most of time I'm just joking, but I cannot negate that the recent devolopments from manga and movie are scaring me a bit. And since I don't have much faith in Kishimoto's writing skills in the last years.

The thing is that NSS development hardly resembles what is portrayed in that movie. Naruto isn't like the main hero in "500 days of Summer".

Edited by Syn11, 18 October 2014 - 10:36 PM.

#36552 LadyGT

LadyGT

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,710 posts
  • Interests:Drawing pretty much everything that defines "randomness".

Posted 18 October 2014 - 10:36 PM

Well think about matrix, the protagonist is the one that performed CPR. In the manga it's Sakura. So maybe it's just a matter of roles. He could have seen Sakura in the protagonist's shoes when he saw that romantic movie.
I also know he liked that post apocalyptic movie...i forgot the name damn....anyway he made also a cover based on that, and the protagonist is in love with a nurse or something...

aw9vkj.gif

#36553 SuperSilverStar

SuperSilverStar

Chuunin

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 566 posts

Posted 18 October 2014 - 10:41 PM

Well think about matrix, the protagonist is the one that performed CPR. In the manga it's Sakura. So maybe it's just a matter of roles. He could have seen Sakura in the protagonist's shoes when he saw that romantic movie.
I also know he liked that post apocalyptic movie...i forgot the name damn....anyway he made also a cover based on that, and the protagonist is in love with a nurse or something...

You're talking about Elysium right? I still need to see that movie.

#36554 LadyGT

LadyGT

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,710 posts
  • Interests:Drawing pretty much everything that defines "randomness".

Posted 18 October 2014 - 10:44 PM

You're talking about Elysium right? I still need to see that movie.

Yes that one! I watched it during a flight but I fell asleep while watching it xD

aw9vkj.gif

#36555 Liu bie

Liu bie

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,801 posts

Posted 18 October 2014 - 10:46 PM

So Did Kishimoto watched all those movies?

tumblr_pjk2ly8zId1s1sw7fo5_400.gif

Saintia Sho   :argh: The Gold Saints

#36556 Naruko

Naruko

I'm not even sorry

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,247 posts

Posted 18 October 2014 - 10:46 PM

I haven't reached mine. =)

Let's spread love!

My perfect ending!

"I love you, Naruto, damn it..."

"But Sasuke..."

"How can I love Sasuke?"

"Why are you asking me this?"

"It's your fault."

"I... don't understand how exactly..."

"How can I love Sasuke when you showed me what it's like... to be loved?! How can I love Sasuke when he'll never be you?! How can I love Sasuke when every time I think of someone who makes me happy, I imagine your face?! Sasuke just doesn't stand a chance."

:D Let's spread love because everything is gonna be alright ^^ (do I sound like Bob Marley?? o.O)

"Naruto..."

"What?"

"Your smile is the only thing that's able to cheer me up when I'm down..."

"Sakura..."

"What?"

"It's not like I smile like that to anybody." 

>//< 

lion-king-cute-funny-cat-gif.gif

#36557 Syn11

Syn11

Elite Teacher

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,190 posts

Posted 18 October 2014 - 10:50 PM

Yes that one! I watched it during a flight but I fell asleep while watching it xD

I wish Kishimoto watched "Edge of Tomorrow". The main couple rocks!

#36558 luffyq1

luffyq1

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,371 posts

Posted 18 October 2014 - 10:51 PM

I wish Kishimoto watched "Edge of Tomorrow". The main couple rocks!

keiji and rita 4ever. 

also emily blunt  :wub:

Untitled_zpsbc671263.png

#36559 Khaleesi

Khaleesi

Mother of dragons

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,237 posts

Posted 18 October 2014 - 10:51 PM

Please indulge me as I'm truly trying to understand this correctly.

1. Daisuki can be platonic or romantic.

2. It should be assumed that Kakashi's use of daisuki was platonic because of relationship and context.

3. Sakura used daisuki but it cannot be considered platonic in context because:

a. she has had feelings for Sasuke in the past so the assumption must be that she still has them because she used daisuki.

b. because Hinata used daisuki in her confession of romantic love to Naruto, that proves that Sakura's use of daisuki was definitely romantic as well.

Is that right?

I've been reading all of you guys and both parts has their flaws but Kaguya-hime and the rest has more, imo.

What KnS just pointed here it shows how cynical this description of the current situation is. So, what's the next scenary? 

1. Sakura has real romantic feelings for someone but doesn't want to be with him.

So, why would this be the situation?

Maybe it's Kishi's way to deal with "Naruto is a silver medal" argument.

By this logic: Sakura ---> Sasuke {He's good now, probably Kishi will make him apology to her, yadda yadda yadda)

----> Naruto {Still hasn't confessed, if you don't agree with this, fight me

And over all this, she chooses Naruto, indirectly, which will lead to Naruto's confession, once he's sure she doesn't REALLY REALLY       wan't to be with Sasuke.

Now, what's the problem with this?

-   Naruto wouldn't confess if Sakura still loves Sasuke. Think about it. Naruto now it's sure she doesn't want to be with Sasuke. But he will think..."Why?" Naruto is an insecure guy. Even if she chooses him over Sasuke..., KNOWING she still loves Sasuke romantically would torment him for sure. Just imagine this on your own relationship. There are ways to work out a relationship in this situation, awkwardly...but that's not Naruto. After Sakura's confession, don't you think so? Tl;dr: Too OOC for Naruto.

-   Inconsistence, contradictions, poor writing: It seems like SS's interpretations of Sakura's character are true. Ridiculous, right?

2. Sakura's love for Sasuke is platonic/family love.

How did this happen?

a) She never loved him romantically but she didn't know, now she does.

b) She loved him romantically but, at some point, she stopped.

Her feelings for him changing has been mentioned time to time on the manga, right? How a majority of us came to the conclusion NaruSaku is the most logical pairing? After reading it, disassembling into its components, analizing and doing a good reasoning. Now, can we just do the math and keep our metods as we always had?

- Sasuke it's been said to be "arbitrary object for love" choosed by Sakura.

- She created a "bond" with him after being on the same team. Therefore she truly worries for him.(In contrast to Ino, who cried for him but doesn't have a real base. ---I'm using real and not concrete, which is Sakura's case: Having a bond + the other person in a "dangerous situation" => Real. // Enough proof that support the depth of her feelings, stubbornness to Sasuke either romantically or frienship/family love. => Not concrete (This is actually the bad writing that we had already see all the way here).

- It has been foreshadowed a couple of times.

- If we already know that all --Sakura's love--'s  mentions refers to the same situation, if we've logically interpreted those and they all are this:" ---> ---> ---> ---> ". And now we have the last piece and we are here debating what's the mean of it, when it's supposed to be already completely known by us, the readers. We have an ambiguous arrow that it's supposedly to mean the same as the others or...

> X=Y=Z=N=M=L

> X=Y=Z=N=M=6

> L = ?

"Cloud" people:      > L= 9

"Rainbow" people:  > L= 6

How do you expect us to believe the true answer is 9? Only if you can actually demonstrate X, Y, Z, M and N are 9, you can't just erase canon material. 

- "Naruto is a silver medal" argument is brought up again. But this actually can be better handled and be way more credible. At least for the ones who can understand how writing works aka not SS/NH.

3. Sakura doesn't want to be with him and believes she loves him romantically but she doesn't.

This would be -----consistent------ to Sakura's character PART 1, mostly. I wouldn't jump to the gun saying this could be "the best" or that it's consistent with the rest too, because Kakashi's comment about Sakura's feelings for Sasuke are not accurate for this situation, even if we want to adapt it, it's easily debatable.

- Kakashi's comment doesn't fit

- Cliche

- It contradicts/damage some, if not almost all Sakura's growth: Bad writing

Even so, this is the only undebatable way to say Naruto is not a silver medal, chiken level. And on this way Naruto can happily confess. But we practically know he's not going to do it until +3 years, right?

Edited by theunburnt, 19 October 2014 - 10:22 PM.

dumbo-pink-elephants-on-parade1.gif?w=50

queen-harley.tumblr.com

#36560 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 18 October 2014 - 10:57 PM

I think we are way overthinking with this really. If you are calm, then you will feel no worries. Some would say you don't invest this series, but if you don't yet feel worried, that's contradicting right there. Really, just stop gluing on here and let yourself breathe for a minute. Hell, if you got one person actually feel fear, then you know you need to rest. You done enough here. Rest and you'll be refreshed.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users