Close
Photo

The Last theory: Collection of Info & co.

narusaku naruto uzumaki sakura haruno

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
62735 replies to this topic

#33841 luffyq1

luffyq1

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,371 posts

Posted 17 December 2014 - 03:19 PM

The movie doesn't only make me hate Hinata more and more with every passing day but also Nana Mizuki:

281akc8.gif

Untitled_zpsbc671263.png

#33842 Atheck

Atheck

Ally of NaruSaku

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,050 posts

Posted 17 December 2014 - 03:27 PM

What I'm saying is that there are a lot of manga's, SOME are popular, and SOME are ending in 2014. But not the majority of them are popular and ending in 2014. Its a limited list so its not surprising Naruto ranked on it even if the ending sucked. 

But that's the issue. What criteria is being used to place Naruto at #2? If the placement was merely a gesture of farewell and dedication to Naruto, why does it need such a position? It could be situated at the bottom of the list and the context would remain the same. 

the naruto subforum in 2ch is the biggest naruto forum in all japan. 

Really? Bigger than whatever official forums exist on the SJ website? How many members does it retain? Are they significant to the fan interactions with publishers or Kishi? 

#33843 lupina

lupina

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,650 posts

Posted 17 December 2014 - 03:27 PM

Jay. Nana Mizuki is basicly Hinatas copy .....
"We live in a world that is so quick to convince us to ignore our feelings. Feeling stressed? Get a massage. Feeling angry? Go to the bar with your friends and blow off steam. Feeling lonely? Meet someone in cyberspace and have a conversation on the computer. Depressed? Take a pill. Anxiety? Take 2 pills. Feeling happy? Well, by George, don’t talk about that because no one likes a bragger. Same with being sad, no one likes a Debbie Downer. But, heaven FORBID, that you actually TALK about your feelings and process them in a healthy way."

- Amy Cassidy

#33844 luffyq1

luffyq1

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,371 posts

Posted 17 December 2014 - 03:28 PM

Fantasy;

-Fated scarf.

-Handsome villain kidnapping the hime's sister.

-Rescue mission where hime brings along the cursed scarf and repairs it.

-Cobwebs falling in hime's hair, so the knight removes it.

-The knight lets hime drink from his hands.

-Butterflies are randomly floating around the two, highlighting hime's looks and knight confesses.

-Handsome villain appears and takes hime away before she can respond.

-Knight throws hissy fit, then decides to do everything in his power to get her back.

-Hime unlocks the power of love.

-Knight saves hime, then they kiss while floating in front of the moon.

-Lives happily ever after, with kids.

Reality;

-The scarf came out of nowhere and was completely disregarded afterwards.

-The villain sucked and was just a tool for the couple.

-Knight disregards his previous scarf, from his dead mother, in favor of one from a chick her hardly knew.

-Hime doesn't give two kittens about her sister, because her love life is more important.

-Hime, who is supposed to be a ninja, can't get her own water or clean dust out of her hair, without help.

-Knight decides to confess, when little girl is still in harms way.

-Handsome villain proves how much more of a tool he is, by stealing hime and confessing his love.

-Knight turns into a whiney little kitten, which forces the mature friends to give him a pep talk.

-Hime gets bullsh** power up, that is just a replica of Knight's best friend/brother.

-They take their sweet ass time returning to Earth, because who needs oxygen?

-The knight turns into a workaholic, whose neglectful to his kids and prefers cheap ramen to his wife's cooking. His son acts out, his daughter is hideous, and Hime only ever knits scarves, never to use any of her ninja training again.

Naruto gives shojo a bad name.

can someone post this on tumblr!

Untitled_zpsbc671263.png

#33845 Nar123

Nar123

The Phantom

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,624 posts

Posted 17 December 2014 - 03:29 PM

Really? Bigger than whatever official forums exist on the SJ website? How many members does it retain? Are they significant to the fan interactions with publishers or Kishi? 

Man, Ramenamitsu said this if im not mistaken. Im going by his word

Edited by Nar123, 17 December 2014 - 03:38 PM.

tumblr_obno1yoNj11suy1fso1_540.gif

:eager:  Persona 5 hype     :eager:

#33846 Hiyuusha

Hiyuusha

Hanzo Hattori

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 258 posts
  • Interests:Reading, Hanging out with bros, writing, prepping ingredients for pizza, making pizza, cooking pizza, slicing pizza, boxing pizza, packing pizza, delivering pizza, opening pizza boxes, grabbing slices of pizza, eating pizza, tasting pizza, swallowing pizza, digesting pizza, and ramen too! Also, I love to make Rasencookies - dattebayo! Lolno.

Posted 17 December 2014 - 03:30 PM

Anything new?

#33847 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 17 December 2014 - 03:31 PM

How do you know they are neutrals? Or only casuals?

The ending was bad ( not even talking about the pairings here) , it was terribly underwhelming

look here, these are true neutrals 

http://www.escapistm...all-these-years

Out of likes for whatever reason...

Wow. You know, the upsetting thing in the past me is that I was hoping for a satisfying ending and all. It really feels like the series ended up like how Dexter ended up being. Man, Breaking Bad sure raised too much bar...

I have to tell you someone at least have to said like '' Narusaku rules''.

Well, that would be amusing. But like I said, I would be surprised.

What I'm saying is that there are a lot of manga's, SOME are popular, and SOME are ending in 2014. But not the majority of them are popular and ending in 2014. Its a limited list so its not surprising Naruto ranked on it even if the ending sucked. 

Kind of sad that a new series just come out less than 200 chapters just beat a 15 year worth of content. Not to mention, they made a sequel already and already being praised like it's a sequel of the year. The Terminator 2 of the series. Now I heard that the creator is going to do season 2 because he didn't like the anime handles things. Two words: my hero!

Seriously, this guy must be thinking, "Listen, you kittens! This is how you do things. Don't tell me make romance by the end of my creation or I will show you a live-action Tokyo Ghoul, kittenheads." Kishi, why didn't you bother? You let them overtake you, and now, it's too late. This man here deserve my chant "We're not worthy." Now I will read TG.

#33848 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 17 December 2014 - 03:31 PM

can someone post this on tumblr!

Permission to post this, redrose?

#33849 Chatte

Chatte

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,755 posts

Posted 17 December 2014 - 03:32 PM

2ch is our no 1 source for everything. until now, nh-ers and ss-ers praised it, the minute it turned against the finale now it's called the biggest scum of the japanese society... lol, really? so the minute it doesn't kiss your finale's ass it's scum but before the finale you were praising at its feet...

2d617bda57e68a9871d0769988a82b4b93870803

Still rambling about Naruto/NaruSaku stuff on

https://chatte-georgiana.com

#33850 trang95

trang95

♣Yorozuya Member♣

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,048 posts
  • Interests:Mariah Carey, Super Junior, Ailee, Shinee, and Mariah Carey

Cardcaptor Sakura, Gintama, HxH, Magi, Neon Genesis Evangelion, Noragami, Princess Mononoke, Tokyo Ghoul ETC.

AkittenakaxSen, NaruSaku, SakuraxShaoran, SomaxErina, TouKen, YonaxHak

Posted 17 December 2014 - 03:35 PM

Supposedly the conversation will involve Taka and their ultimate fate. It would be surprising if no one addressed the nagging question of what happened to Karin. She's the most iconic figure in the group and her bond with Sasuke was the closest and most intimate for any girl's in the manga. 

TG could be one of those stories where the local population adores it but it's discarded and not looked at with affectionate consideration by readers in other countries. Mind you, I don't know anything about TG, but the fact that Naruto's ending landed itself on a top ten most favourable is pretty damning. 

I never thought that the day that Tokyo Ghoul would be compared to Naruto in terms of popularity would come this early. First of all, I myself am skeptical of the survey as happy as I am to hear that Naruto got outrank. I could go into the number of votes which are rather small compared to even a character poll and claim that the numbers are not big enough to be representative of the general manga population, but that would be a rash decision. I want to know more about the voters such as their age and sex. Why? Naruto and Tokyo Ghoul are worlds apart in pretty much every aspect and so should be their readers. Sure, there are people who read both series, but even so the age group each of the two mangas is aiming is different. Naruto is a shounen manga that is meant to entertain 12-17 yr old boys, and Tokyo Ghoul is a seinen manga that is directed towards 17-40 yr old males. The classification alone should tell you something about the readers and possibly voters.

Tokyo Ghoul is only three yrs old (compare that to Naruto with its 15 yrs!) and has rather dark and mature themes accompanied by some grotesque scenes. Also, the anime for Tokyo Ghoul was shown this year, and boosted its popularity, allowing it to outrank Naruto in terms of manga sales during second half of the year. Maybe, just maybe, Tokyo Ghoul gained some popularity due to its surprising sequel Tokyo Ghoul:RE which is a direct continuation of Tokyo Ghoul. I bet that if the sequel had never happened, these first two numbers would not look like this.

Also, who in God's world is this Japanese news service Gadget Tsūshin that conducted the survey?! I was trying to look up how well known they were in Japan, but without any success.

Edited by trang95, 17 December 2014 - 03:42 PM.

G . I . N . T . A . M .A

tumblr_nd8f3hq6MN1qawpjto1_r2_500.gif

“The country? The skies? You can have them! I'm busy enough protecting what's in front of me. I don't know how many times I failed to protect what I wanted. I have nothing left, so at least if something has fallen at my feet, I'll pick it up."
- Sakata Gintoki, Gintama

#33851 Atheck

Atheck

Ally of NaruSaku

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,050 posts

Posted 17 December 2014 - 03:49 PM

2ch is our no 1 source for everything. until now, nh-ers and ss-ers praised it, the minute it turned against the finale now it's called the biggest scum of the japanese society... lol, really? so the minute it doesn't kiss your finale's ass it's scum but before the finale you were praising at its feet...

2chan has gained quite a bit of notoriety for some of its more controversial topics and subject matter. That's why I'm questioning their trustworthiness. If they're on any side of the fence, it's the side that's looking outward towards the general public and the people supporting Kishi. 

I never thought that the day that Tokyo Ghoul would be compared to Naruto in terms of popularity would come this early. First of all, I myself am skeptical of the survey as happy as I am to hear that Naruto got outrank. I could go into the number of votes which are rather small compared to even a character poll and claim that the numbers are not big enough to be representative of the general manga population, but that would be a rash decision. I want to know more about the voters such as their age and sex. Why? Naruto and Tokyo Ghoul are worlds apart in pretty much every aspect and so should be their readers. Sure, there are people who read both series, but even so the age group each of the two mangas is aiming is different. Naruto is a shounen manga that is meant to entertain 12-17 yr old boys, and Tokyo Ghoul is a seinen manga that is directed towards 17-40 yr old males. The classification alone should tell you something about the readers and possibly voters.

Tokyo Ghoul is only three yrs old (compare that to Naruto with its 15 yrs!) and has rather dark and mature themes accompanied by some grotesque scenes. Also, the anime for Tokyo Ghoul was shown this year, and boosted its popularity, allowing it to outrank Naruto in terms of manga sales during second half of the year. Maybe, just maybe, Tokyo Ghoul gained some popularity due to its surprising sequel Tokyo Ghoul:RE which is a direct continuation of Tokyo Ghoul. I bet that if the sequel had never happened, these first two numbers would not look like this.

Also, who in God's world is this Japanese news service Gadget Tsūshin that conducted the survey?! I was trying to look up how well known they were in Japan, but without any success.

Okay... So it's a popular series that has managed to usurp Naruto's rank on one or two occasions. How does that refute the fact that Naruto is in the top 10 endings of 2014? 

#33852 hinataiscreepy

hinataiscreepy

Academy Teacher

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 630 posts

Posted 17 December 2014 - 03:50 PM

Supposedly the conversation will involve Taka and their ultimate fate. It would be surprising if no one addressed the nagging question of what happened to Karin. She's the most iconic figure in the group and her bond with Sasuke was the closest and most intimate for any girl's in the manga. 

TG could be one of those stories where the local population adores it but it's discarded and not looked at with affectionate consideration by readers in other countries. Mind you, I don't know anything about TG, but the fact that Naruto's ending landed itself on a top ten most favourable is pretty damning. 

The part with Karin is straight on. She fell for him cause he saved her life instead of the usual annoying alpha male admiration. He actually smiled at her warmly and his last words could be considered flirtish.

Plus they have effing chemistry. Karin's extreme fangirlish way and perveted antic work with his emotionless and stern personality.

#33853 Tsuki Hoshino

Tsuki Hoshino

The One True Demi-Goddess of Misfortune

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,758 posts
  • Interests:Stuff, things, people.

https://twitter.com/Huldra_Nix

Posted 17 December 2014 - 03:55 PM

But that's the issue. What criteria is being used to place Naruto at #2? If the placement was merely a gesture of farewell and dedication to Naruto, why does it need such a position? It could be situated at the bottom of the list and the context would remain the same. 

I'm assuming the criteria is "what manga's are ending in 2014?" and "What manga's are also popular and ending?" And then they set up a poll with the two questions. Naruto is popular, or course it would rank in the poll of serializations that are of popular manga's ending this year. The poll might have been conducted BEFORE the ending was released. I don't know. 

Wow. You know, the upsetting thing in the past me is that I was hoping for a satisfying ending and all. It really feels like the series ended up like how Dexter ended up being. Man, Breaking Bad sure raised too much bar...

Kind of sad that a new series just come out less than 200 chapters just beat a 15 year worth of content. Not to mention, they made a sequel already and already being praised like it's a sequel of the year. The Terminator 2 of the series. Now I heard that the creator is going to do season 2 because he didn't like the anime handles things. Two words: my hero!

Seriously, this guy must be thinking, "Listen, you kittens! This is how you do things. Don't tell me make romance by the end of my creation or I will show you a live-action Tokyo Ghoul, kittenheads." Kishi, why didn't you bother? You let them overtake you, and now, it's too late. This man here deserve my chant "We're not worthy." Now I will read TG.

Pretty much this. The fact that Naruto, with as long running as its been didn't rank at the top is lol worthy, but we've all known its been in decline. Lots of people had stopped reading it way back when like my brother

giphy.gif?cid=790b7611991db478fd57f4321b
                                         Pls shame me for procrastinating.  :argh: 

#33854 trang95

trang95

♣Yorozuya Member♣

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,048 posts

Cardcaptor Sakura, Gintama, HxH, Magi, Neon Genesis Evangelion, Noragami, Princess Mononoke, Tokyo Ghoul ETC.

Posted 17 December 2014 - 03:57 PM

2chan has gained quite a bit of notoriety for some of its more controversial topics and subject matter. That's why I'm questioning their trustworthiness. If they're on any side of the fence, it's the side that's looking outward towards the general public and the people supporting Kishi. 

Okay... So it's a popular series that has managed to usurp Naruto's rank on one or two occasions. How does that refute the fact that Naruto is in the top 10 endings of 2014? 

I am assuming that Naruto got this high rank simply- like you said- b/c it is a 15 yr old series. Nostalgic feelings seem to override the rational judgement in the voting process when it comes to Naruto.

G . I . N . T . A . M .A

“The country? The skies? You can have them! I'm busy enough protecting what's in front of me. I don't know how many times I failed to protect what I wanted. I have nothing left, so at least if something has fallen at my feet, I'll pick it up."

#33855 trang95

trang95

♣Yorozuya Member♣

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,048 posts

Posted 17 December 2014 - 03:59 PM

Oh god , the last thing I want is a live-adaptation of this manga. This could be gorier than SAW or Final Destination.

G . I . N . T . A . M .A

#33856 Atheck

Atheck

Ally of NaruSaku

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,050 posts

Posted 17 December 2014 - 03:59 PM

I am assuming that Naruto got this high rank simply- like you said- b/c it is a 15 yr old series. Nostalgic feelings seem to override the rational judgement in the voting process when it comes to Naruto.

Assumptions really aren't good enough though. There needs to be some substantial fact or evidence to prove that these listings were made under the condition of the series ending and not because the reviewers accepted and liked it. 

#33857 Ace of Circle

Ace of Circle

I am him.I am Ace.

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 762 posts
  • Interests:Anime/Manga,Sport,
    Training,Taijutsu
    and Reading

Posted 17 December 2014 - 04:01 PM

Almost nothing can be worse than dragonball evolution, can it?

Life goes on whether you choose to move on and take a chance in the unknown.
Or stay behind, locked in the past, thinking of what could have been.
Ace

#33858 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 17 December 2014 - 04:02 PM

Allow me. When you take you time and research, well the other manga listed there are something that I never heard of nor know that they weren't listed in the top 10 manga selling of this year. So by that, people would be like, "Er......Never heard of them. So I'll choose the one I do know." TG grew tenfold this year, so it out beat Naruto when the sequel is already ongoing. So to me, it's not easy to tell the true opinion of people. It's like I vote for this candidate because well, I really don't know what to choose out of the two and really, don't care for the election. Plus it didn't help that TG is like playing Mortal Kombat after playing Mario.

#33859 Tsuki Hoshino

Tsuki Hoshino

The One True Demi-Goddess of Misfortune

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,758 posts
  • Interests:Stuff, things, people.

https://twitter.com/Huldra_Nix

Posted 17 December 2014 - 04:07 PM

Assumptions really aren't good enough though. There needs to be some substantial fact or evidence to prove that these listings were made under the condition of the series ending and not because the reviewers accepted and liked it. 

Better to have an assumption then nothing which is what we have at the moment in regards to criteria. 

giphy.gif?cid=790b7611991db478fd57f4321b
                                         Pls shame me for procrastinating.  :argh: 

#33860 Laylo

Laylo

Academy Student

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 36 posts

Posted 17 December 2014 - 04:12 PM

http://www.animenews...-in-2014/.82214

Um hi, guys?

I REALLY don't think that poll is about the ENDINGS. Didn't the person who originally posted it say they were voting on the manga that were ENDING this year? Like they were voting on the manga as a whole, not just the ending.

Does that make sense? Because even the tite is 'Fan Poll of Manga THAT FINISHED SERIALIZATION in 2014'. So honestly I don't think Naruto's 'ending' actually ranked #2. The whole manga did.

And that's still a fail since it was beat by almost 100 votes plus it has been running longer. Tut tut...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users