• This topic is locked This topic is locked
426 replies to this topic

#301 Yoko

Yoko

Summoning Master

• ANBU
  • 1,465 posts

Posted 11 December 2011 - 05:34 AM

"Shitshitshit!" Skadi practically bolts into what she assumes is the bridge, following the crystal she'd picked up at the beginning of this crazy adventure. It pulses brightly in her hand and finding the control panel, she places it into a circular indentation.

She ship lurches, rises a few feet before falling back into the ocean, splashing water everywhere. Something was broken somewhere, and it couldn't fly. The thief bites back a curse. She was good at lying to people, stealing things, and cooking. She was not made to figure out how to sail ships that should be flying into open water.

#302 shadow_Uzumaki

shadow_Uzumaki

If you can't say something nice....

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,089 posts
  • Interests:Stuff

Posted 11 December 2011 - 05:39 AM

QUOTE (Yoko @ Dec 10 2011, 11:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
"kittenkittenkitten!" Skadi practically bolts into what she assumes is the bridge, following the crystal she'd picked up at the beginning of this crazy adventure. It pulses brightly in her hand and finding the control panel, she places it into a circular indentation.

She ship lurches, rises a few feet before falling back into the ocean, splashing water everywhere. Something was broken somewhere, and it couldn't fly. The thief bites back a curse. She was good at lying to people, stealing things, and cooking. She was not made to figure out how to sail ships that should be flying into open water.

The ship's sudden lurch caused him to drop his lance and fall face down. "Argh! Goddamn it!" Removing his helmet, he picked up his lance and yelled, "Goddamn it, WOMAN! I just know this your fault!" He heard something rattle behind him. "It's chained down!" He yelled, not caring if anyone heard him or not as he rushed to destroy the chains. He jumped and spun around, building momentum before landing and breaking the chain with his lance. "One down...."

#303 Fyuria'sLeo

Fyuria'sLeo

Dork

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,847 posts
  • Interests:Space, Video Games, Drawing, Writing, Science, Reading, Friendship. Mostly things about space.

Posted 11 December 2011 - 04:27 PM

Jumping to the ship with Twill still on his back he looked around noticing Balian trying to destroy some chains. Zerva decided to go to the bridge to see what could be done there.

As he jumped up to it he noticed Skadi.

"What's wrong with the ship?" He asked looking at all the equipment in the room.

8c5a9c63d23baf4e9d077bf65597592bb55115a2

#304 TheBerserkMoogle

TheBerserkMoogle

Cute and Fuzzy. Deadly too.

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 430 posts

Posted 11 December 2011 - 04:37 PM

"Maybe its lift calibration mechanism has gone haywire." Ragnarok said, "If that's the case, we'll have to re-calibrate it manually."

#305 Miss Soupy

Miss Soupy

Queen of Fluff

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,000 posts

Posted 11 December 2011 - 06:57 PM

Twill tugged at Zerva's sleeve, getting his attention. "I think I can stand now," she said, slipping off his back and finding her legs could support her. "Lift mechanism? Are all of the propellers rotating?" She remembered the blueprint showed two propellers on either side of the ship. "If they haven't been used for awhile, they might be rusty..."

#306 shadow_Uzumaki

shadow_Uzumaki

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,089 posts

Posted 11 December 2011 - 11:34 PM

With a grunt, Balian pushed back three guards, but had to let go of his Kain as a sword sliced at his outstretched arms. Smacking away the offending guard, he caught the lance with his foot and kicked up to his hands. He spun his lance, causing a strong gust of wind to knock the guards away.

"Any day now! We'll have a triumphant escape like in the stories, right? RIGHT?!"

#307 ForgottenBushido

ForgottenBushido

The Pirate King.

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 479 posts
  • Interests:Animation, and Graphic design, Photoshop CS3/4, Drawing, Character design. Gaming, Movies, and Girls. &gt;:3 Verry much Girls.

Posted 12 December 2011 - 02:06 AM

Julien knelt over Katherine's collapsed body and reached inside his jacked and pulled out a note and placed it in her hand and closed it.

"I'm sorry about all this, Doll. I really am." he said as he lightly kissed her on the cheek.

He stood to his feet and walked to the edge of the lift and put his hand on the lever, ready to send her away to her masters.

"Peace."

Julien flipped the switch and hopped down landing below as the doors to the lift closed taking Katherine away.

"I hate to do this to you brothers but I must."

He drew his swords and proceeded to cut his way to the Barracuda.

"Are you all planning on leaving me?" he asked in jest. Julien thrust is sword into another soldier and kicked him away as he climbed on board.

#308 shadow_Uzumaki

shadow_Uzumaki

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,089 posts

Posted 12 December 2011 - 02:09 AM

QUOTE (ForgottenBushido @ Dec 11 2011, 08:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Julien knelt over Katherine's collapsed body and reached inside his jacked and pulled out a note and placed it in her hand and closed it.

"I'm sorry about all this, Doll. I really am." he said as he lightly kissed her on the cheek.

He stood to his feet and walked to the edge of the lift and put his hand on the lever, ready to send her away to her masters.

"Peace."

Julien flipped the switch and hopped down landing below as the doors to the lift closed taking Katherine away.

"I hate to do this to you brothers but I must."

He drew his swords and proceeded to cut his way to the Barracuda.

"Are you all planning on leaving me?" he asked in jest. Julien thrust is sword into another soldier and kicked him away as he climbed on board.

"The f_ took you so long?" He stared angrily at Julien before elbowing someone coming up behind him offhandily. He jerked his thumb towards the control room, "They're having trouble with your damn airship. Would be nice if we can leave this damned place." He turned away from Julien as he batted another guard with his lance before parrying a slash at his side.

Edited by shadow_Uzumaki, 12 December 2011 - 02:10 AM.

#309 Fyuria'sLeo

Fyuria'sLeo

Dork

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,847 posts
  • Interests:Space, Video Games, Drawing, Writing, Science, Reading, Friendship. Mostly things about space.

Posted 12 December 2011 - 02:20 AM

Stretching his back and cracking it he walked over to the control panel.

Zerva sighed, "If I knew I was going to have to fly one day I would have become a pilot." He said in a jokingly manner.

Gliding his hands over the controls dust came off.

"Looks like you were right Twill this thing hasnt been used in awhile." He said wiping his hands on his pants.

#310 ForgottenBushido

ForgottenBushido

The Pirate King.

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 479 posts
  • Interests:Animation, and Graphic design, Photoshop CS3/4, Drawing, Character design. Gaming, Movies, and Girls. &gt;:3 Verry much Girls.

Posted 12 December 2011 - 02:34 AM

QUOTE (shadow_Uzumaki @ Dec 11 2011, 08:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
"The f_ took you so long?" He stared angrily at Julien before elbowing someone coming up behind him offhandily. He jerked his thumb towards the control room, "They're having trouble with your damn airship. Would be nice if we can leave this damned place." He turned away from Julien as he batted another guard with his lance before parrying a slash at his side.

"Gotcha, I'll handle this." he said boldly.

Julien ran across the deck and up to the cabin where he made is way up to the control room.

"Alright everybody! Stand aside. I got this." he boasted as he put his hands together and popped his knuckles.

Julien shoved Skadi aside and with one hand on the wheel, the other adjusting various knobs and switches, he grabbed the gear shifter. The ship began to take off, it started it's ascent slowly beginning to hover over the water and move forward.

A huge grin crept across Julien's face as he managed the pilot the machine.

The Barracuda coasted forward breaking up the docks around them, the engines blaring, water spraying everywhere, guards being blown away by the winds.

Click-Click-Kajug-ajug-gugug-KAAAAASSSSSSHHHHHHHH!

Steam began firing out from the engines, as they made their way out into open waters.

VWEEERRRWWWEEEEEERRREEERRRRRRRR!

They began to lose altitude as the engines all cut off one by one with a loud distinct click. The Barracuda dropped right back down into the water with a huge crash 'causing a ripple effect as the hit. The ship sailed a few more feet before coming to a dead stop.

Edited by ForgottenBushido, 12 December 2011 - 02:35 AM.

#311 shadow_Uzumaki

shadow_Uzumaki

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,089 posts

Posted 12 December 2011 - 02:52 AM

"Argh!" Balian had to grab hold of the railing before he blew right off the ship when it unexpectedly moved. "What the hell is up with everything today!" Once the ship stopped dead, he kicked off the side of the ship and flipped onto the deck. "Well, at least we're out of the damn place. Whew." He sat down on the deck, exhausted from the fighting.

Meanwhile, just outside the dock, a figure in shadows watched as the group busted out with the ship. The figure stayed for a few more minutes before slinking off to a predetermined location. The figure scampered all over the rooftops before landing near a pigeon coop, where it took one of the pigeon, wrote and tied a piece of paper on its leg and sent it flying. The pigeon flew high onto one of the castle's towers and into a window where an Elf paused his writing to take the message. As he read the message, his scarred cheeks quirking onto a visage of smug victory. He backed his chair and stood up, walking towards the door, grabbing his coat in the process. As he walked the hallways, a crazed laugh echoed throughout the tower. "Balian."

#312 BlackLightning

BlackLightning

What? I like it.

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,191 posts
  • Interests:Anime, Computer games, fanfics, Soccer, Watching TV, others that I don't remember

Posted 12 December 2011 - 03:49 AM

Ryuuji is walking through the city, his body completely covered by a tattered brown cloak which obviously has seen better days. His attention immediately piqued when he saw a huge crowd in the city center, particularly in front of the notice board. He approaches the board silently to see what's the commotion about and saw a huge announcement on it. Under his cloak, he smirks as he reads the announcement, 'Interesting... the human government is recruiting volunteers to take back stolen government property. The prize money looks a bit too good to be true but it has the king's seal, guess the document is legit.' He continues to browse down the document for additional information and nods before leaving unnoticed by the crowd, 'Meeting point at the Boar Head Bar.'

It doesn't take long for him to reach the bar and as he push the door open, he is greeted by the sight of peoples all over the place. Some of them males, other females but they all have similarities: All of them are carrying weapons and all of them seem to be seasoned veterans. Again, Ryuuji smirks slightly at the sight, 'Well well... looks like the prize money really seem to be too tempting for everyone. Wonder just what do the thief stole anyway, the government sound pretty damn desperate to have it back.'

Love is not about admiring the strength or perfection of the person but to fully accept their shortcoming and weakness. - Me

Dragcave: (Mine and a Certain cat's): http://dragcave.net/user/MelisaArtemis

#313 Fyuria'sLeo

Fyuria'sLeo

Dork

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,847 posts

Posted 12 December 2011 - 03:58 AM

Losing his balance from the sudden stop of the ship Zerva hit the wall.

"What the hell noble! What did you do?" He asked angrily.

Looking around at the other's he began, "Is everyone else ok?"

#314 Miss Soupy

Miss Soupy

Queen of Fluff

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,000 posts

Posted 12 December 2011 - 04:21 AM

Twill clung to the railing as the ship floundered before crashing down, unmoving.

"Did the power source cut out?" she wondered aloud, looking around as if there could be something right in front of her to explain the problem. She didn't know how much more she could take; the cursed ship didn't seem to want to fly. But after everything that happened, she was loathe to just give up. At least, it was worth a little more thought at this point.

She turned to ask Noctua, when she realized his weight was missing from her shoulder. Had he left her? He had stayed with her this far, perhaps he only was obligated to help someone a certain amount of time. Truthfully, she had no idea what he was or why he helped her. But, would he have really just abandoned her without saying?

Twill clenched her hands into fists. As if that would be the first time.

The flicker of something caught her eye, and she looked up. Silver-white wings fluttered silently, and Noctua landed himself on the railing near where she stood.

She must have looked surprised, perhaps even somewhat disapproving, for he tilted his head and said, "What? Did you think I had left?"

Anger flared in her. He hadn't said it in a harsh way, but she couldn't stop herself from feeling attacked. "When it happens enough, you just start expecting it," she told him stonily.

Noctua blinked his large eyes slowly at her. "It is not the case this time, Twill," he said calmly, a hint of sadness to his voice.

She looked away. The last thing she wanted was to be pitied.

"I was surveying the situation below," he went on when she didn't reply. "There aren't many guards left, but I suspect higher authorities have been alerted by now. If the ship does not move soon...you may all be trapped."

#315 Muffins?

Muffins?

Bearded Priest of Norvos

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,024 posts

Posted 13 December 2011 - 04:19 AM

Murs stumbled but quickly regained his balance as the ship began to shudder. Groaning he figured there wasn't enough power, worst part is he already figured he'd have to sacrifice his loot to save the ship. He quickly ran into the control room and saw the sputtering crystal struggling to produce enough power to get the ship running. He looked around quickly but couldn't see anything under the thick layer of dust. He quickly wiped the control board down coughing as he inhaled the dust and noticed two more smaller sized holes to the right and left of the large crystal. He took the two crystals he gathered after the quick bout with the 'elite' inquisitor and sighed, he had planned to sell each for enough to buy a large chateau in the country. He took one and shoved it in the left one and the ship evened up a little the tremors becoming less violent. He gave his other crystal a quick kiss then jammed it into the right hole and the ship steadied and began to gain altitude as they took off again. He examined the three crystals that now seemed to glow dimly like a fading lantern and turned away.

"Someone owes me a kitten ton of money" he sighed and tried dusting his clothes off.

"And a new suit"

Edited by Muffins?, 13 December 2011 - 04:20 AM.

JLHza2T.png

#316 shadow_Uzumaki

shadow_Uzumaki

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,089 posts

Posted 13 December 2011 - 04:59 AM

QUOTE (BlackLightning @ Dec 11 2011, 09:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Ryuuji is walking through the city, his body completely covered by a tattered brown cloak which obviously has seen better days. His attention immediately piqued when he saw a huge crowd in the city center, particularly in front of the notice board. He approaches the board silently to see what's the commotion about and saw a huge announcement on it. Under his cloak, he smirks as he reads the announcement, 'Interesting... the human government is recruiting volunteers to take back stolen government property. The prize money looks a bit too good to be true but it has the king's seal, guess the document is legit.' He continues to browse down the document for additional information and nods before leaving unnoticed by the crowd, 'Meeting point at the Boar Head Bar.'

It doesn't take long for him to reach the bar and as he push the door open, he is greeted by the sight of peoples all over the place. Some of them males, other females but they all have similarities: All of them are carrying weapons and all of them seem to be seasoned veterans. Again, Ryuuji smirks slightly at the sight, 'Well well... looks like the prize money really seem to be too tempting for everyone. Wonder just what do the thief stole anyway, the government sound pretty damn desperate to have it back.'

A hooded figure sat in the corner, facing the crowd, sipping his drink. He had the guardsmen post the bounty barely a few minutes ago and already potential bounty hunters were crowding around, trying to get a glimpse of the targets. He frowned as some of the older adventurers shook their heads and refused the bounty. He could hear their mutterings,

"Ol' Balian? Guy saved me from a monster a few weeks back...." "Balian? I knew him from the last war, good man." "That guy from the bar? He gave me some good tips when I was just starting out....." On and on, they went as they left the Boar Head. However, he saw a few good recruits.

He waited until the crowd dwindled down to those who wanted the bounty...or the hunt and got up to the bounty.

"All right." He spoke to the gathered bounty hunters, his august accent marked him as some kind of noble, "Just a few hours ago, this group of thieves stole an important piece of government property. The first ones to return it, get an extra 50,000 added. The first to bring me this man," he pointed to a picture of Balian, "will receive gold....." He grinned, sharp teeth adorning his face, "...for the rest of his miserable life." He heard the mutterings and cackled inside.
"Intel suggests that they are in the middle of the ocean, stuck. This should be easy for rabble such as yourselves. Good...hunting." He sneered before exiting the bar. "Disgusting mudhole."

Edited by shadow_Uzumaki, 13 December 2011 - 04:59 AM.

#317 Yoko

Yoko

Summoning Master

• ANBU
  • 1,465 posts

Posted 13 December 2011 - 05:07 AM

Skadi curses when her arm hits the wall, courtesy of a certain noble. "Never doing a job for you ever again," She groans, moving to go back to the deck. She wonders what happened to their new elvaan crew member, but doesn't think it really matters.

Unless he'd been spontaneously thrown overboard. He gave her the same feeling that Murs did, just more... Subtle, somehow. And he was a fantastic liar. So really, it might be for the best. With that thought in mind she heads to the deck, leaning on the railing.

The ocean sparkles in the early-morning sunlight, dungeons and catacombs far behind.

#318 BlackLightning

BlackLightning

What? I like it.

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,191 posts
  • Interests:Anime, Computer games, fanfics, Soccer, Watching TV, others that I don't remember

Posted 13 December 2011 - 06:07 AM

Ryuuji is reasonably curious, the news that one of the thief seem to be highly respected or at least regarded among the older bounty hunters is an interesting piece of information for him. After all, men of valor doesn't go against law without a good reason, considering this time the man seem to judge the crime is worthy to be on the run from the human empire just serve to pique his interest further.

Ryuuji smirks under his hood as he watches the noble came forward with the proposition, 'Well, I guess this would be a good chance to see if this man is as interesting as they said. I'm bored of these crazy easy jobs I've been getting lately.' he stands up from his seat and walks out of the stuffy bar while thinking, 'If the thieves has just left then they shouldn't be far from the city yet, a fast boat should be able to catch up soon enough.' with that thought in mind, he made his way straight to the harbour.

Edited by BlackLightning, 13 December 2011 - 06:09 AM.

Love is not about admiring the strength or perfection of the person but to fully accept their shortcoming and weakness. - Me

Dragcave: (Mine and a Certain cat's): http://dragcave.net/user/MelisaArtemis

#319 ForgottenBushido

ForgottenBushido

The Pirate King.

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 479 posts

Posted 14 December 2011 - 01:24 AM

Julien stepped silently away from the controls.

"I guess we uh.."

A funny little smile appeared on his face, his eyes darted around the room looking for the most accessible exit.

"I'm going to go check out the uh...engine room."

Julien backed away from the angry looking Skadi hoping to avoid confrontation and darted out the door, skittered across the deck and down below.

#320 Fyuria'sLeo

Fyuria'sLeo

Dork

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,847 posts

Posted 14 December 2011 - 01:29 AM

Zerva sighed walking out of the room and onto the deck he walked over to the side and sat on the railing pulling his sister's sword in front of him.

"Been awhile hasnt it...." Zerva said to no one in particular.

Zerva pulled out a cloth wiping the blood from the sword making it gleam in the sun.

"Seems like just yesterday we were fighting side by side..." Said Zerva looking up into the sky.

Edited by Fyuria'sLeo, 14 December 2011 - 01:30 AM.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users