#301 Merger Knight

Merger Knight

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 323 posts

Posted 31 October 2009 - 04:26 AM

QUOTE (Miss Soupy @ Oct 31 2009, 12:16 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
In the debate thread you can bring up any NaruSaku point, doesn't have to be only about this chapter, but it can be if you want. Also you can try to refute points that other shippers give against NS. And even though we are all on the same side, there are many different interpretations that can be debated amongst fellow fans.

QUOTE (Sakura Blossoms @ Oct 31 2009, 12:18 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The debate thread is not just about this *one* chapter. It encompasses *all* things Naruto debate/discussion-wise. And as Cloud said debate =/= arguing. Most of the debates surround dissecting claims made by other pairings, and discussing why we so strongly believe in NaruSaku.

ok so the majority or maybe even 100% of us here are NaruSaku fans but we debate about points in the story line that we interprete difernt ways. I think

#302 Pite

Pite

I'm a cat with glasses and a piece of chalk in my hand!

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,323 posts
  • Interests:Too long to write about.

Posted 31 October 2009 - 04:49 AM

Let's see... A sudden earthquake, change in situation, confession and a quick rebuff. Is it really the end of this paring or just another step towards a deeper relationship? Can Kishi put more logical development between the two while juggling a War, fights and a fur ball and holding more plot-knots than anyone in Manga history? We don't know, what we know that sometimes Kishi can horribly fumble the ball (Sharingan's super-powered strength etc.) and he can create iconic images (VotE, Naruto v. Pain etc.)

When we look at his run we can see that he can either deftly sow in a romantic hint into his massive plot line or he can simply use more basic tools and make it more simplistic (Akira Toriyama did so with Bulma and Vegeta). We can only investigate the reason why it should or shouldn't not follow the harder much more subtle and ultimately fulfilling end (for all of us) or will he stick to simplicity and either create great plot holes or deny all previous hints and go with the line of least resistance.

On one hand we can rely on Kishi's ability to craft good development (Naruto grew exponentially and logically through the whole story) while still keeping with the readers with amazing fights, funny comic reliefs and side-stories. If Kishimoto were to go the same way, create a romatic plot line that will run smoothly with his plot he can do it two ways, Sakura will truly fall in love with Naruto or Naruto will fall for Hinata. This chapter does not refute the possibility of the former, actually it reinforces it, it shows (as stated by speakers before me) that this move might signify Sakura's genuine care for Naruto and his well being (He is pursuing Sasuke by part due to his promise) and her resolution to lie to herself in order to help Naruto.

Personally this might be one of the most significant moments in the interaction between Naruto and Sakura, after Chapter 297, The Promise of the Lifetime. Why? This shows that Sakura reciprocates Naruto's resolution to sacrifice for the other, Naruto quite possibly sacrificed his future to fulfill his promis to Sakura, she is now trying to sacrifice her feelings to Sasuke for Naruto. But isn't the true element of love there?

Isn't love the fact that we're willing to sacrifice everything for the person we care for?
The meaning of life is to find your own meaning of life.

#303 JG111580

JG111580

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 164 posts

Posted 31 October 2009 - 05:52 AM

Hi everyone!

Long time lurker, first time poster.

I had some thoughts on this chapter that I just couldn't contain, so I thought that I'd share them.

I have never really shipped a relationship like this, but I believe that the depth of the character development in the case of Naruto and Sakura adds a great deal to the emotional depth of this manga.

... and I don't believe Kishimoto would throw that out the window.

I had a feeling that this conversation would take a turn for the worse at the end of Sai and Sakura's conversation. I saw two possibilities:

A. Sakura tells Naruto the flat out truth of the situation with the Sauske decision, and he gets upset because she has given up. Given up on Sauske ever being redeemed, and given up on Naruto being able to successfully keep his promise and making Sauske see the light. I didn't expect a positive reaction from Naruto on either front, because both reveal a lack of faith in Naruto in some respect.

or B. Sakura attempts what she did. She trys to pursuade Naruto from chasing Sauske to protect him by playing on his feelings. I don't know whether she actually convinced herself that this plan could succeed, but I do know that it's rather insulting to Naruto's intellect and his motivation. Of course he wants to bring Sauske back because of the POAL, but he also wants to save Sauske for himself and to live up to his ninja way. I don't think that he see's himself as becoming hokage until he lives up to his self expectations. As has been stated repeatedly in this thread, Naruto picked up on the fact that something was amiss with Sakura's statements (which were strange blend of sincerity and deception). If anything, I thought Naruto would be diappointed in her for not sticking to her guns in her efforts to help bring back Sauske.

Either alternative would have an immediate negative impact on the pairing. However, Kishi is definitely not doing this for no reason. I believe that he is perfectly setting up the chain of events that could lead to NaruSaku becoming cannon while highlighting the remaining stumbling blocks in he relationship.

Stumbling Blocks

A. BIGGY-Sakura has not resolved her feelings for Sauske. She still feels for him as an important person, and she may be confused as to whether or not this is romantic love.

B. Sakura has realized that she has deep feelings for Naruto, but she is blending friendship, admiration, and romantic love into one. From her statements, she is only listing logical reasons for loving him. She has never had the eye opening moment where she realizes that she loves Naruto for his personality and that he is the prince charming that she had dreamed of. Add the guilt she feels for contributing to his pain, and you get a jumble of emotions that are going to be difficult for her to confront.

C. After Naruto failed to bring Sauske back, I think that he lost some of his legendary selfconfidence. This is clearly shown in his conversation with the 4th. He must succeed in his efforts to bring Sauske back and fulfill his POAL before he can have the confidence that he is worthy of Sakura's love. Again, he says this himself in his flashback with Sai.

D. Redeeming Sauske - I don't know whether it will be turning him back to the light enough to sacrifice himself for his friends, or going off and reviving his clan in another land, but this must be accomplished before NaruSaku happens.

Possibilities

A. Sakura will have to confront Sauske at some point, whether Naruto is present or not. I believe this is where Kishi will pull his "ace in the hole" and bring up the bench scene. This will finally reveal that Naruto is the one that she has loved all along and not Sauske.

B. A main theme of this story is not giving up and second chances. We saw this in the Naruto's first attempt with the Raisen Shuriken. He messed up, but he made sure that he did not fail twice. He learned from his mistake and got stronger. Sakura is like Naruto in that sense. She has now confessed her love twice in this story. Both times were forced and for the wrong reasons. I believe she will get it right the next time around. Afterall, she is a lot like Naruto.

C. Naruto will not accept a tennative confession from Sakura. He thinks of her as a smart assertive girl that won't take no for an answer. I think that if another situation presents itsself for a sincere declartion of her love, she will look him straight in the eye and say it, simply and without flowery explanations. A nice "Get it through your head, I love you, baka!" would be a confession that Naruto could not ingore. Especially if it were followed up by a punch to get the point across. Another possibility would be a "Matrix like" revival, where Naruto is in her arms and she opens up completely, thus bringing him back somehow. Although it is a bit cliche, I guess that could work as well.

D. Hinata may become an ally to the NaruSaku fandom. Afterall, who has observed Naruto more closely than her. She has to know how he feels for Sakura. She also must know that if Sakura has grown to love him in return, that he could be truely happy. She said it herself, she was being selfish during her confession. What could be more selfless and character building than somehow encouraging NaruSaku.

E. Tsunade awakens and enlights Naruto on Sakura's changed feelings. In 2 1/2 years of intense training, there must have been a couple of vulnerable moments where Sakura may have revealed her true feelings. Afterall, why in the flashback to her training did she have long hair near the beginning, only to have it cut short after the training was completed (small detail, but still...)?

F. Karin plays significanly on Sauske's emotions, not sure how this will be worked in, but her character was created for a purpose.

G. Naruto uses his "special power" and brings Sauske back leaving Sakura to make an uninhibitted choice.

Well, everyone that wanted a Sakura arc, here it is. It may not be the main storyline, but it will definitely be an underlying theme throughout the remainder of the story. Her opponent, her own emotions, and I think that the "inner Sakura" that was made to be by Naruto's side will win in the end.

Kishi not being able to write a good romance is a red herring. Don't believe it.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that it's not over, not by a long shot. We just have to have faith in Kishi and his story. I think that with all of the struggles for our hero, he deserves a happy ending. Like Kishi himself said, "keep faith and follow through to the end and you won't be disappointed."

Sorry for the long post! Let me know if I'm on the right track.

#304 KungFuTruffle

KungFuTruffle

Whee!

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 921 posts
  • Interests:Writing<br />Reading<br />Video Games

Posted 31 October 2009 - 06:07 AM

... Wow. Uh, lurk less, because that post was awesome.

I think you're more than on the right track. Heck, I think you may think more like Kishimoto-sensei than HE does. And he IS him... Wait, what? huh.gif

I like the fact that you aren't simply taking it at face value, like so many other people are. What was it Kakashi said, way back when? "Look underneath the underneath?" I think that applies here greatly. Think of Sakura less as a person, and more as an onion. You gotta peel away the layers to get to the real thing.

#305 Danzo Baka

Danzo Baka

Danzo of da Root!!

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 102 posts
  • Interests:Dining with hell minions~

Posted 31 October 2009 - 08:48 AM

wow... That comment leave me speechless.. What more can i say? It's like Kishi-sensei explanation...8D

"Hiruzen its looks like it is my turn next... but i never did became Hokage"--- Danzo

"You are the leaves bathing in the sun I am the roots that grow in the dark"

#306 catsi563

catsi563

catsitastrophe

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,195 posts
  • Interests:Naruto, Sakura, NaruSaku, pizza, dragons, tigers, wolves, cats, Slaying Ebil dragon windmill thingies, the moon, the ocean.

Posted 31 October 2009 - 08:48 AM

QUOTE (JG111580 @ Oct 31 2009, 01:52 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi everyone!

I had some thoughts on this chapter that I just couldn't contain, so I thought that I'd share them.

I have never really shipped a relationship like this, but I believe that the depth of the character development in the case of Naruto and Sakura adds a great deal to the emotional depth of this manga.

I had a feeling that this conversation would take a turn for the worse at the end of Sai and Sakura's conversation. I saw two possibilities:

A. Sakura tells Naruto the flat out truth of the situation with the Sauske decision, and he gets upset because she has given up. Given up on Sauske ever being redeemed, and given up on Naruto being able to successfully keep his promise and making Sauske see the light. I didn't expect a positive reaction from Naruto on either front, because both reveal a lack of faith in Naruto in some respect.

or B. Sakura attempts what she did. She trys to pursuade Naruto from chasing Sauske to protect him by playing on his feelings. I don't know whether she actually convinced herself that this plan could succeed, but I do know that it's rather insulting to Naruto's intellect and his motivation. Of course he wants to bring Sauske back because of the POAL, but he also wants to save Sauske for himself and to live up to his ninja way. I don't think that he see's himself as becoming hokage until he lives up to his self expectations. As has been stated repeatedly in this thread, Naruto picked up on the fact that something was amiss with Sakura's statements (which were strange blend of sincerity and deception). If anything, I thought Naruto would be diappointed in her for not sticking to her guns in her efforts to help bring back Sauske.

Either alternative would have an immediate negative impact on the pairing. However, Kishi is definitely not doing this for no reason. I believe that he is perfectly setting up the chain of events that could lead to NaruSaku becoming cannon while highlighting the remaining stumbling blocks in he relationship.

Stumbling Blocks

A. BIGGY-Sakura has not resolved her feelings for Sauske. She still feels for him as an important person, and she may be confused as to whether or not this is romantic love.

B. Sakura has realized that she has deep feelings for Naruto, but she is blending friendship, admiration, and romantic love into one. From her statements, she is only listing logical reasons for loving him. She has never had the eye opening moment where she realizes that she loves Naruto for his personality and that he is the prince charming that she had dreamed of. Add the guilt she feels for contributing to his pain, and you get a jumble of emotions that are going to be difficult for her to confront.

C. After Naruto failed to bring Sauske back, I think that he lost some of his legendary selfconfidence. This is clearly shown in his conversation with the 4th. He must succeed in his efforts to bring Sauske back and fulfill his POAL before he can have the confidence that he is worthy of Sakura's love. Again, he says this himself in his flashback with Sai.

D. Redeeming Sauske - I don't know whether it will be turning him back to the light enough to sacrifice himself for his friends, or going off and reviving his clan in another land, but this must be accomplished before NaruSaku happens.

Possibilities

A. Sakura will have to confront Sauske at some point, whether Naruto is present or not. I believe this is where Kishi will pull his "ace in the hole" and bring up the bench scene. This will finally reveal that Naruto is the one that she has loved all along and not Sauske.

B. A main theme of this story is not giving up and second chances. We saw this in the Naruto's first attempt with the Raisen Shuriken. He messed up, but he made sure that he did not fail twice. He learned from his mistake and got stronger. Sakura is like Naruto in that sense. She has now confessed her love twice in this story. Both times were forced and for the wrong reasons. I believe she will get it right the next time around. Afterall, she is a lot like Naruto.

C. Naruto will not accept a tennative confession from Sakura. He thinks of her as a smart assertive girl that won't take no for an answer. I think that if another situation presents itsself for a sincere declartion of her love, she will look him straight in the eye and say it, simply and without flowery explanations. A nice "Get it through your head, I love you, baka!" would be a confession that Naruto could not ingore. Especially if it were followed up by a punch to get the point across. Another possibility would be a "Matrix like" revival, where Naruto is in her arms and she opens up completely, thus bringing him back somehow. Although it is a bit cliche, I guess that could work as well.

D. Hinata may become an ally to the NaruSaku fandom. Afterall, who has observed Naruto more closely than her. She has to know how he feels for Sakura. She also must know that if Sakura has grown to love him in return, that he could be truely happy. She said it herself, she was being selfish during her confession. What could be more selfless and character building than somehow encouraging NaruSaku.

E. Tsunade awakens and enlights Naruto on Sakura's changed feelings. In 2 1/2 years of intense training, there must have been a couple of vulnerable moments where Sakura may have revealed her true feelings. Afterall, why in the flashback to her training did she have long hair near the beginning, only to have it cut short after the training was completed (small detail, but still...)?

F. Karin plays significanly on Sauske's emotions, not sure how this will be worked in, but her character was created for a purpose.

G. Naruto uses his "special power" and brings Sauske back leaving Sakura to make an uninhibitted choice.

Well, everyone that wanted a Sakura arc, here it is. It may not be the main storyline, but it will definitely be an underlying theme throughout the remainder of the story. Her opponent, her own emotions, and I think that the "inner Sakura" that was made to be by Naruto's side will win in the end.

Kishi not being able to write a good romance is a red herring. Don't believe it.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that it's not over, not by a long shot. We just have to have faith in Kishi and his story. I think that with all of the struggles for our hero, he deserves a happy ending. Like Kishi himself said, "keep faith and follow through to the end and you won't be disappointed."

nope not bad at all. you pretty well put out point for point what ive been saying all along.
My dear you deserve a great wizard, but im afraid you'll have to settle for services of a second rate pick pocket - Smendrick The Last Unicorn

..(^)> PENGUIN!!!!
C(...)D
..m.m

Training with a sannin 2 1/2 years

new pair of gloves 20 ryou

the look on your best friend, and former sensei's face's when you cause a small earth quake. Princeless

Catsis Fan Fiction

#307 Hefster

Hefster

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 100 posts

Posted 31 October 2009 - 09:12 AM

Oh god I can't believe there is so much text to read through and I failed miserably. So excuse this sorry excuse for a German if things have been said before.

Yes, this chapters leaves hope for us all. However, has anyone thought about the possibility of Sakura pushing Naruto purposely away from her in order to drive her into Hinata's arms? If my memory doesn't fail me, Sakura knows about Hinata's confession to Naruto and therefore, Sakura speaks half-truths knowing that Naruto will see through it.

And on a mere personally note, Sakura said Sasuke-kun way too much for it being serious. Now carry on.
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I am not sure about the former.
- Albert Einstein

You can find me here on FF.net.

Each topic brought to you with at least 1 spelling error.

#308 NaruSaku93

NaruSaku93

Rookie

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 89 posts

Posted 31 October 2009 - 09:26 AM

QUOTE (JG111580 @ Oct 30 2009, 07:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi everyone!

Stumbling Blocks

Possibilities

u made me feel better now. smile.gif i find hope in this chapter that narusaku is gonna become cannon happy.gif i agree with possibility c, that is so like sakura

#309 RedDelicious

RedDelicious

Chuunin

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 558 posts

Posted 31 October 2009 - 12:18 PM

Naruto's reaction just reminded me of the movie "Good Will Hunting".
When Sean Maguire says "it's not your fault", Will's reaction is very close to what we are seeing from Naruto:
1) Puzzlement/confusion
2) Growing sullenness
3) Outburst of anger ("Don't f*** with me Sean!", "I hate people who lie to themselves!")

I'm wondering if the next chapter will have Sakura repeating her love, until Naruto let's his emotional walls break down.
(But that would require a LOT of maturity on Sakura's part, to persist in the face of his anger.)

Edited by RedDelicious, 31 October 2009 - 12:20 PM.

#310 Mik3

Mik3

Dame a raise un perdedor.

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,843 posts
  • Interests:games, anime, music. just chilling.

Posted 31 October 2009 - 12:26 PM

QUOTE (RedDelicious @ Oct 31 2009, 08:18 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Naruto's reaction just reminded me of the movie "Good Will Hunting".
When Sean Maguire says "it's not your fault", Will's reaction is very close to what we are seeing from Naruto:
1) Puzzlement/confusion
2) Growing sullenness
3) Outburst of anger ("Don't f*** with me Sean!", "I hate people who lie to themselves!")

I'm wondering if the next chapter will have Sakura repeating her love, until Naruto let's his emotional walls break down.
(But that would require a LOT of maturity on Sakura's part, to persist in the face of his anger.)

Im not sure that things will get resolved so quick but any guess is as good as mines
\

#311 Raiya

Raiya

Rogue Shinobi

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 269 posts

Posted 31 October 2009 - 01:28 PM

*Waves back*

My faith in NaruSaku hasn't diminished over the years, otherwise I wouldn't be defending the coupling so vehemently tongue.gif Unfortunately I've been busy with work, school, and family problems to post here. This chapter was the kick-in-the-butt I needed to start posting again, and not be a lurker.

#312 JG111580

JG111580

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 164 posts

Posted 31 October 2009 - 01:40 PM

Thanks for the feedback! biggrin.gif

I guess, my biggest point in my novel of a post is that there is still a lot of story yet to come. So irregardless of how this conversation ends, we should be positive and look at the great opportunies that it creates, rather than than dwelling on the strange "what the heck happened" feeling that it gives us as readers.

#313 Paradox Jast

Paradox Jast

Is just a pretty face. Really.

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 842 posts
  • Interests:Naruto, Bleach, Samurai Deeper Kyo, Negima! (to name a couple). World of Warcraft. The Old Republic. Steam. Writing Naruto and Harry Potter fanfiction. Reading Naruto and Harry Potter fanfiction.

Posted 31 October 2009 - 01:43 PM

JG.... lurk less, post more. KKthx.

... though perhaps I should follow my own advice sometimes.

#314 Vyse

Vyse

Team F.U.T.A. Viking King

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,017 posts
  • Interests:My interests? Well, I do enjoy most manga and anime, but I think that's a given. I also enjoy comic books and videogames, so I guess I'm kinda geeky there. But hey, I do other stuff. I like to go out and party, but I do not like drinks served in a femvase (damn fruity stuff... ew), so good ol' beer is my mate. So yeah, I'm also a psychology student, so your mind interests me.

Posted 31 October 2009 - 02:55 PM

I wish people could stop quoting wall of text posts. If it has to be quoted, then please use spoiler tags. This thread is a pita, and yes... that is an abbreviation.

Anyway, carry on.

#315 RedDelicious

RedDelicious

Chuunin

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 558 posts

Posted 31 October 2009 - 04:04 PM

A number of people have stated that Sakura still needs to deal with her feelings for Sasuke, that it is too sudden for her to stop "loving" him. I say, Sakura's confession can be taken at face value, she has dealt with her feelings, and that the resolution has been building for a long time (entire Part II). (Since the end of her passionate Sasuke feelings happened 10 chapters ago, it is too soon to get evidence one way or the other.)

How do people fall out of love? Spend a lot of time apart. Sakura has that covered, between the time skip and Part II. Another way is to have enough unpleasant experiences, until one person has had enough. Sakura has that covered too. Every time she gets weepy over Sasuke, people point out that this shows she still has feelings for Sasuke. I say, each cry-fest added to the slow death of her love for Sasuke, another unpleasant experience to balance against an old childhood crush.

This builds up over Part II until chapter 459 (Sakura's Decision), at the point where she tells Shikamaru "please... don't say anything more." (This mirrors Zabuza's reaction from Chapter 32, when he grasped the truth Naruto was saying.) If Sakura weeping is a sign that she cares, then it might mean something that she stopped crying (caring) for Sasuke after that point.

All of this matches what Sakura has said in her confession:
"Sasuke keeps getting further and further away from me" (3 year time skip plus Part II)
"Sasuke's crimes keep growing... and it's breaking my heart" (each weep-fest)
"he's becoming someone distant and unrecognizable" (chapter 459, end of intense Sasuke feelings)

#316 Strangelove

Strangelove

And guess what's inside it

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,766 posts

Posted 31 October 2009 - 04:27 PM

there are many options right now, its best not to think about it...

tumblr_mo8pka1E1T1qflb4co1_500.gif

#317 Nee-sama

Nee-sama

Still trying to beat the boredom.

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,011 posts

Posted 31 October 2009 - 04:42 PM

QUOTE (JG111580 @ Oct 30 2009, 10:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi everyone!

This is what I was tryin to say, just glad I'm not the only one to see it. Perhaps when she does realize that Naruto was her "fairy-tale situation" from the bench scene she will have that moment of realization. Or maybe it will come from something totally new since Naruto has done so much maturing lately! I think I would prefer to see him trying once again to make something good happen, rather than reflecting on old stuff.

971084_656443124372835_371212529_n_zps46

#318 Gaara

Gaara

Kazekage of this forum.

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,026 posts

Posted 31 October 2009 - 05:07 PM

If Sakura actually still has feelings for Sasuke, somebody needs to ask her this: "Why do you love Sasuke?"

I bet she can't find a good answer to this.

Edited by Gaara, 31 October 2009 - 05:08 PM.

#319 Chew

Chew

^ NaLu meine lub #ever1curr

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 438 posts
  • Interests:omgawrsh y u do dis, Y U READING

Posted 31 October 2009 - 06:15 PM

QUOTE (Gaara @ Oct 31 2009, 10:07 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
If Sakura actually still has feelings for Sasuke, somebody needs to ask her this: "Why do you love Sasuke?"

I bet she can't find a good answer to this.

Very interesting. Reminds me of how Sakura responded when she was asked "What's Sasuke to you anyway?"

Hmm.....fu.png
OTP and my Bby

#320 ciardha

ciardha

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,308 posts
  • Interests:Narusaku, cosplay, writing fanfiction, dollfies, Japanese history. literature and culture, linguistics, ancient Celtic history, literature, and culture, Wicca, women's history, Buffy and Spike, Rogue and Gambit, Miaka and Taka, John Lennon and Yoko Ono, sewing, reading, many shoujo and josei manga series, Star Trek, Star Wars, liberal and feminist activism

Posted 31 October 2009 - 06:20 PM

QUOTE (RedDelicious @ Oct 31 2009, 12:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
A number of people have stated that Sakura still needs to deal with her feelings for Sasuke, that it is too sudden for her to stop "loving" him. I say, Sakura's confession can be taken at face value, she has dealt with her feelings, and that the resolution has been building for a long time (entire Part II). (Since the end of her passionate Sasuke feelings happened 10 chapters ago, it is too soon to get evidence one way or the other.)

How do people fall out of love? Spend a lot of time apart. Sakura has that covered, between the time skip and Part II. Another way is to have enough unpleasant experiences, until one person has had enough. Sakura has that covered too. Every time she gets weepy over Sasuke, people point out that this shows she still has feelings for Sasuke. I say, each cry-fest added to the slow death of her love for Sasuke, another unpleasant experience to balance against an old childhood crush.

This builds up over Part II until chapter 459 (Sakura's Decision), at the point where she tells Shikamaru "please... don't say anything more." (This mirrors Zabuza's reaction from Chapter 32, when he grasped the truth Naruto was saying.) If Sakura weeping is a sign that she cares, then it might mean something that she stopped crying (caring) for Sasuke after that point.

All of this matches what Sakura has said in her confession:
"Sasuke keeps getting further and further away from me" (3 year time skip plus Part II)
"Sasuke's crimes keep growing... and it's breaking my heart" (each weep-fest)
"he's becoming someone distant and unrecognizable" (chapter 459, end of intense Sasuke feelings)

Thank you, glad someone else picked up on this. Sakura hasn't been in love with Sasuke for some time, and what feelings she has left keeps getting less as she faces reality about Sasuke more and more. Now she knows she has to cut off any feelings. Intellectually she has, but you can't break things off instantly residual things are left. She was telling the truth that she believes.

It's getting kind of irritating to see people still saying Sakura lied on purpose, she's a b, etc... It's right in the chapter, Naruto even tells you at the end of the chapter that he knows she believes every word she says is true, she is just fooling herself that's cut off all feelings for Sasuke. You can see right in the chapter when Sakura first says she loves Naruto it's true, Naruto's reaction even confirms that. It's when she starts talking about having no feelings for Sasuke at all that is where she is fooling herself.

Naruto is also lying to himself, pretending this change in Sakura is sudden. How about talking about how Naruto has suddenly conveniently forgotten all the obvious examples of how Sakura has fallen for him. That ought to be thrown in his face. He noticed some of them too, one even made him resolve not to use the Kyuubi power again, and hmm he went back on that promise.
Dream you dream alone is only a dream, but dream we dream together is reality- Yoko Ono 1971

When you go to war, both sides lose totally- Yoko Ono

Remember, our hearts are one. Even when we are at war with each other, our hearts are always beating in unison- Yoko Ono 2009

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users