• This topic is locked This topic is locked
286 replies to this topic

#281 FireFox

FireFox

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,357 posts
  • Interests:Music:Trance&Progressive: Armin Van Buren ASOT,Aly&Fila FSOE,Andrew Rayel,Giuseppe Ottaviani
    Movies: The Last Samurai,Lord of the Rings,The Hobbit,Marvel.
    Movie Series: Game of Thrones,Spartacus,The Mentalist,NCIS,The Big Bang Theory,How I Met Your Mother.
    Manga: Naruto,Gintama.
    Parings: NaruSaku,MinaKushi,GinTae,ZuraKyubei

Posted 08 April 2014 - 11:18 PM

exactly  :twitch:

oh, Kishi, it would be just wonderful if you erased "Sasuke is my strongest bond ever made", "I can`t imagine my life without him", "Keep the promise" stuff from Naruto`s head, so we all can live happily.. without Sasuke.

You know what would have been even more wonderful if Sasuke have never even existed in this manga , seeing his character destroying this manga and every character that has a "bond" with him  makes my eyes bleed like i'am using a MS  :twitch: .

Posted Image                                                            

" I am the sword in the darkness. I am the watcher on the walls. I am the shield that guards the realms of men. I pledge my life and honor to the Night's Watch, for this night and all the nights to come."

#282 sushi.

sushi.

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,073 posts
  • Interests:I'm still alive! more active on twitter :)

Posted 08 April 2014 - 11:22 PM

You know what would have been even more wonderful if Sasuke have never even existed in this manga , seeing his character destroying this manga and every character that has a "bond" with him  makes my eyes bleed like i'am using a MS  :twitch: .

Oh no, Naruto's quest to save Sasuke is the very core of the series. Without it there would be no drive, so Kishimoto has no choice but to drag it on until the end.

ナルサク

#283 TerrorKing

TerrorKing

Glorified lurker of the deep!

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,330 posts

Posted 08 April 2014 - 11:26 PM

It's been foreshadowed for a long time that this is all just about the original conflict between the sage's sons. The fact that Naruto and Sasuke are literal reincarnations of these two sons was a bit surprising. 

I hope something big happens next chapter. We do not yet know what Sasuke's answer is, so this should be very interesting. 

ragnorak-heavydose-500-2.jpg

Run, live to fly, fly to live, do or die

Won't you run, live to fly,

fly to live, Aces high

#284 Gojira

Gojira

Kyuubi

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,217 posts

Posted 08 April 2014 - 11:42 PM

Wonder if Naruto really will confess to Sakura when Sasuke goes back to the village since

A. He technically didn't bring him back himself (Sasuke voluntarily returned because as Kishi has established time and again Sasuke can do whatever he wants, whenever he wants, to whomever he wants and receive no consequences)

B. Having Sakura swoon over Sasuke will actually lower his chances of being with her

C. He never said he would confess, he explained to Sai why he didn't confess (which is why Sai confessed for him)

D. What exactly will said confession accomplish? The purpose of a character's confession is to let the other person know where they stand in that person's heart Sakura already knows because of Sai, and I can't really picture her falling for him/realizing her feelings for him suddenly because he confessed directly. To me it seems that the whole 1 page flashback was just a set-up for....whatever the kitten 469 was supposed to be.

eh10ut.jpg

#285 Sakamaki Izayoi

Sakamaki Izayoi

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,679 posts

Posted 09 April 2014 - 12:03 AM

Wonder if Naruto really will confess to Sakura when Sasuke goes back to the village since

A. He technically didn't bring him back himself (Sasuke voluntarily returned because as Kishi has established time and again Sasuke can do whatever he wants, whenever he wants, to whomever he wants and receive no consequences)

B. Having Sakura swoon over Sasuke will actually lower his chances of being with her

C. He never said he would confess, he explained to Sai why he didn't confess (which is why Sai confessed for him)

D. What exactly will said confession accomplish? The purpose of a character's confession is to let the other person know where they stand in that person's heart Sakura already knows because of Sai, and I can't really picture her falling for him/realizing her feelings for him suddenly because he confessed directly. To me it seems that the whole 1 page flashback was just a set-up for....whatever the kitten 469 was supposed to be.

Being honest with you there's no logical explanation about the reason of Naruto being unable to confess to Sakura because he cant or still didnt fullfilled a promise.

Edited by Dαrkrєrsŧ, 09 April 2014 - 12:04 AM.

SK-303_image007.jpg

#286 Otaru

Otaru

絶対 負けない

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,489 posts

Posted 09 April 2014 - 12:57 AM

When Naruto talked about "bringing Sasuke back", he was talking about the old Sasuke in a way. Sasuke is here right now, but it's not the same because he's still against Naruto's decisions. It's not a good vibe right now between them, just look at the face Sakura made. Sasuke is here right now because it's convenient to him. What Naruto and Sakura want is the old Sasuke. They want their friend back. Sasuke is still spoiled.

No. Just no. All these years, Naruto has become someone very important for Sakura, much more important than Sasuke because she was willing to kill Sasuke to let Naruto be free. I think Sakura is not in love anymore with Sasuke. It's just lingering feelings. All these years they grew up together. Sakura can't leave Naruto now IMO. Moreover, I think Sasuke never loved her and never will. The old Sasuke was plenty aware of Naruto's love for her, and he was almost a NaruSaku supporter back then. Remember when he told her that was Naruto that saved her against Gaara ? I see Sasuke support them even more in the future. The old Sasuke cared about Naruto. He knows Naruto loves her.

As I said sometimes ago, this scene is giving a lot of fuel to the theory that Naruto WILL CONFESS TO SAKURA FOR SURE. It's empathised a lot that right now, he doesn't authorise himself to do so because he thinks he's not worthy enough. He wants to honour his promise before because he's a real man. It's true Naruto and Sakura argue after that about this promise, and it's also true that Naruto wants to bring Sasuke back also for himself, but I think this "promise of a lifetime" was never abandoned to be honest.
I know about this chapter with Sakura confession and all the arguing about the promise, and Sakura saying to Naruto that it's no need for him to do so, but I think Naruto will do it either way. Because it's Naruto and he's like that.

Even if Sai told her so, it's still necessary for Naruto to tell her IMO. To me, it would have been logical for Sakura to realise her feelings sooner, but I think Kishimoto expanded all this for the plot sake. That's why now it looks a little weird that Sakura seems to still love Sasuke. I may be wrong but that's how I interpret this. If she realises her feelings, I think it will not be from Naruto confessing only. Naruto telling her this old phrase about her forehead could trigger her reaction and her realisation. Maybe she has already realised when Naruto was about to die. Maybe she'll think of it later... I don't really know how Kishimoto will do it, but to me, this is bound to happen. If he didn't want to pair those two at the end, then what was the purpose of Yamato telling her "the truth is...", with all this surprised look on her face and oh my god Naruto is waking up just at that time... LOL and what was the purpose of Minato's phrase right in the middle of the war ?? LOL

All this is development for those two.

The ultimate meaning of this manga is " everything you dreamed of is possible, just give it your all and your dream will become true ". At first, it seemed impossible for Naruto to be Hokage. It seemed impossible for him to win against Sasuke. It seemed impossible for him to win Sakura's heart.

Naruto will succeed in everything at the end because he's making the impossible possible.

Edited by Otaru, 09 April 2014 - 01:09 AM.

sakurachansmallerbetter.jpg

#287 manbeast101

manbeast101

Rookie

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 98 posts

Posted 09 April 2014 - 02:36 AM

Am I the only one who noticed that Ashura's recent reincarnations: Hashirama and Naruto fell in love with a woman who has or will have a diamond mark on their for head: Mito and Sakura or is it just me?

Also I found it to be an okay chapter, but I feel that the part with Sasuke ruined it.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users