331 replies to this topic

#261 Shadow-kun

Shadow-kun

Sage Wolf

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 223 posts

Posted 08 June 2009 - 06:06 AM

Well Shauna you got your wish! This chapter has beaten the chapter 437 discussion tread in number of posts! laugh.gif

Visit my cute Dragons!

Spreading the Horoism!

#262 Paptala

Paptala

Examiner

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,021 posts

Posted 08 June 2009 - 06:12 AM

QUOTE (Verilance @ Jun 8 2009, 01:40 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I am getting tired of the whole back and forth that has been going on at other forums and have decided not to waste my time arguing anymore. It is only a manga but people seem to take it so seriously. Whether or not Naruto ends up with the girl of his dreams won't affect my life in the slightest I will still have enjoyed a really good story...

I love this chapter because Naruto achieves a desire stated in chapter 1. All the people in Konoha acknowledge him and praise him exactly the opposite of how he was treated as a child.

Well, at least this forum is a forum for pairings first and foremost, so of course that's going to be an issue here. As for the other forums, I really can't say. From what I saw from briefly checking other general forums is that Danzo as Hokage was the biggest topic discussed.

And yes, I agree that there are quite a few people who take this way too seriously. Of course I'll be irritated and upset if things don't go the way I had hoped, but I'll still have enjoyed the manga nonetheless. Some people are just too stubborn to argue with and will never consider your side for a moment. It's best to just let them be and save yourself a headache.

Thirdly, I absolutely love that one of Naruto's dreams came true. Like I said earlier, the homecoming scene was so touching! I think, if nothing else, the entire Naruto fandom gave a collective "Yell YEAH!" at the scene. biggrin.gif
0mDsIUH.gif
7VO00.png
set art by yui  |

#263 Shadowmoon~

Shadowmoon~

Procrastination Princess ♥

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 574 posts
  • Interests:All things FUN! 8D

Posted 08 June 2009 - 06:37 AM

Well Shauna you got your wish! This chapter has beaten the chapter 437 discussion tread in number of posts!

Uh-huh! laugh.gif 14 pages and going. Woohoo! w00t.gif

What a great NaruSaku moment, huh? narusakuct7.gif

Just 3 days, and it's still a hot thread. a_thumbs.gif

Now, I can't wait for Chapter 451! biggrin.gif

And yes, I agree that there are quite a few people who take this way too seriously. Of course I'll be irritated and upset if things don't go the way I had hoped, but I'll still have enjoyed the manga nonetheless. Some people are just too stubborn to argue with and will never consider your side for a moment. It's best to just let them be and save yourself a headache.

Headaches do hurt. 111193.gif

Some people are really like that, sometimes me too, but, it's just a story drawn in paper! laugh.gif

And, at least, many people enjoyed the story! That is what's really important! biggrin.gif

---

love.gif narusakuct7.gif love.gif

#264 SageNaru

SageNaru

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 288 posts
  • Interests:Anime/Manga and Vidya

Posted 08 June 2009 - 06:46 AM

That was a great moment. (I'm about 13 pages late with a response but...yeah.. sweatdrop.gif)
I hope there's more to come in the coming chapters.
And that hug was definitely not a bro/sis hug. No doubt that's more than a bro/sis hug.
But some people beg to differ (naruhina and sasusaku fans) not trying to bash sorry if it seems that way.

#265 Jenskott

Jenskott

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,419 posts
  • Interests:Comic-books: Superman, Spider-Man, Fantastic Four, Batman, X-Men...
    Manga/anime: Ranma 1/2, Saint Seiya, Kimagure Orange Road, Fist of North Star, Touch, City Hunter, Rurouni Kenshin, Mazinger Z, Devilman, Cutey Honey, Daimos, Space Battleship Yamato, Captain Harlock, Gundam, Bubblegum Crisis, Lone wolf and Cub, Naruto...
    Cartoons: Ninja Turtles, The Transformers, Thundercats, G. I. Joe, The Real ghostbusters, He-Man, SilverHawks, Batman TAS, Avatar...
    Videogames: Super Mario Bros, The Legend of Zelda, Metroid, King of Fighters, Earthbound, Golden Sun, Castlevania, Fire Emblem, Donkey Kong Country, Kirby, Kid Icarus, Final Fantasy, Sonic, Alex Kid, Golden Axe, Phantasy Star, Shining Force, Panzer Dragoon, Street Fighter, Mega Man, Crash Bandicoot, Medievil, Dragon Quest, Secret of Mana, Terranigma...
    Movies: Riders of Lost Ark, The Dark Crystal, Labyrinth, The Ghostbusters, Highlander, Robocop, Return to Oz, Conan the Barbarian, The Goonies...
    Books: The Lord of the Rings, The Neverending Story, The Wizard of Oz, Dracula, Treasure's Island, Journey to the Center of Earth, The Black Arrow, Alice in Wonderland...

Posted 08 June 2009 - 09:04 AM

Speaking strictly for myself, I can't tell Kishimoto has ever disappointed me like a great writer or a brilliant storyteller, because I never thought he was either of those things. Neither I thought Naruto was a compelling story. When I started reading Naruto, I knew it was a shonen manga starred by kids playing being ninjas, written by a self-proclaimed Toriyama fanboy (which meant surrealistic humor or over-the-top fights), and it seemed a Tournament style series up to Sound-Sand invasion. Pretty standard stuff.

I never expect a compelling, deep, brilliantly-narrated tale when I pick a shonen manga and I begin reading it. Seinen manga? Sure I do. Storytellers such like Osamu Tezuka, Kazuo Koike, Keiji Nakazawa or Hayao Miyazaki usually deliver great stuff. But shonen manga? I never read it for the plot. After all, its intended target are male teenagers. I read shonen series for sundry reasons (usually because I like the characters or the conceits), but most of my favorite series haven't a complex, intricated story.

This isn't a criticism to whoever doesn't share my point of view. I'm only stating why I don't feel cheated or disappointed.

super-robot-wars-poster.jpg

Do you want to take over the world, huh? Well, you'll have to go through us first!

#266 Leney

Leney

Little Ray of Sunshine

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 374 posts

Posted 08 June 2009 - 10:35 AM

Um this is geared toward young children

Have you read most Children stories? Children don't dwell on gruesome deaths and authors are there to oblige. It's adults who like to over think things. I remember the last book I read that was in the children's section it was something about Lady Death or whatever. The body count was high as heck.

I think Naruto is more to teenage boys anyways like Jenskott said. While Kishimoto tries to be deep to an extent it's like he sort of gets halfway before backtracking. It's nice that the village is all happy for him, but to me I would have liked a little bit more angst. Maybe with Danzou in charge we'll gets some, but I think the OMGEvilKyuubi! subplot is officially over.

Edited by Leney, 08 June 2009 - 10:37 AM.

WTF Fanfic Quote of the Moment

"I nearly threw up in my mouth" exclaimed Sasuke, mentally scarred by the experience."You should do that!Except let her try and kiss you whilst you do!"laughed Naruto exitedly."That is WAY funny, and all the same way more creepy that that time at the preliminaries!"retorted Sasuke, remembering."uuughh! I feel so sorry for the shadow clones I made whilst we hid.I hear one of the sound genin got AIDS and CHLAMIDIA from Hayate"said Naruto pulling a face.

#267 ciardha

ciardha

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,308 posts
  • Interests:Narusaku, cosplay, writing fanfiction, dollfies, Japanese history. literature and culture, linguistics, ancient Celtic history, literature, and culture, Wicca, women's history, Buffy and Spike, Rogue and Gambit, Miaka and Taka, John Lennon and Yoko Ono, sewing, reading, many shoujo and josei manga series, Star Trek, Star Wars, liberal and feminist activism

Posted 08 June 2009 - 11:07 AM

QUOTE (Leney @ Jun 8 2009, 06:35 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Have you read most Children stories? Children don't dwell on gruesome deaths and authors are there to oblige. It's adults who like to over think things. I remember the last book I read that was in the children's section it was something about Lady Death or whatever. The body count was high as heck.

I think Naruto is more to teenage boys anyways like Jenskott said. While Kishimoto tries to be deep to an extent it's like he sort of gets halfway before backtracking. It's nice that the village is all happy for him, but to me I would have liked a little bit more angst. Maybe with Danzou in charge we'll gets some, but I think the OMGEvilKyuubi! subplot is officially over.

Shonen Jump's target audience is 10-15 year old boys, so yeah it's not Pokemon which is in a magazine targeted at 6-9 year olds. And contrary to what some people have said, I've found part 2 far better written than part 1. It's not really that deeply written until Naruto battles Gaara while the Third battles Orochimaru. It's the flashbacks, which dominate the final section of part1 that make it deeper and more compelling. In comparison in part 2 even the parts that aren't flashbacks have been deeper and more compelling, with far more serious themes than I've seen in any shonen manga I've ever read. And contrary to how some people reacted I found the Pain arc with the way the question was asked and played out- is real lasting peace possible? The best and most realistic feelings wise than I've ever seen in any fiction I've read. I can only count some PBS discussions as deeper on that question. And mind you I am old enough to remember the Vietnam War and the antiwar movement and those sparked some mighty deep conversations on PBS in the 1970's. (I'm three months away from my 43rd birthday)
Dream you dream alone is only a dream, but dream we dream together is reality- Yoko Ono 1971

When you go to war, both sides lose totally- Yoko Ono

Remember, our hearts are one. Even when we are at war with each other, our hearts are always beating in unison- Yoko Ono 2009

#268 Codus N

Codus N

Highandnow

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,119 posts

Posted 08 June 2009 - 01:14 PM

Arrrgh!!!! a whole week long without the net is pure hell for me!!!! & thanks to that I'm 14 pages behind!!! 111193.gif

Anyways, a couple of things I wanna say:

Team Cloud :HILARIOUS!!!!! (even more hilarious when Kishi throws in Killerbee)
& speaking of Killerbee, I REALLY hope he can get away from Kisame & train Naruto. If he happens to go to Konoha and meets team cloud there, I'm pretty sure he's gonna use Kyuubi training as a bargaining chip for Konoha.

I totally hope that damn Danzo gets his ass kicked..... and as for Sai, the next arc will definitely be important for him. I really hope Kishi will give him more development.
& I agree with Kakashi being the de facto leader of Konoha. & the Narusaku moment... EPIC!!! I just hope it'll get beyond that....

248793.jpg

The family that couldn't be.

[post='http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6EItApJttbY']An Underrated Song Worth Listening[/post]

#269 Jenskott

Jenskott

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,419 posts
  • Interests:Comic-books: Superman, Spider-Man, Fantastic Four, Batman, X-Men...
    Manga/anime: Ranma 1/2, Saint Seiya, Kimagure Orange Road, Fist of North Star, Touch, City Hunter, Rurouni Kenshin, Mazinger Z, Devilman, Cutey Honey, Daimos, Space Battleship Yamato, Captain Harlock, Gundam, Bubblegum Crisis, Lone wolf and Cub, Naruto...
    Cartoons: Ninja Turtles, The Transformers, Thundercats, G. I. Joe, The Real ghostbusters, He-Man, SilverHawks, Batman TAS, Avatar...
    Videogames: Super Mario Bros, The Legend of Zelda, Metroid, King of Fighters, Earthbound, Golden Sun, Castlevania, Fire Emblem, Donkey Kong Country, Kirby, Kid Icarus, Final Fantasy, Sonic, Alex Kid, Golden Axe, Phantasy Star, Shining Force, Panzer Dragoon, Street Fighter, Mega Man, Crash Bandicoot, Medievil, Dragon Quest, Secret of Mana, Terranigma...
    Movies: Riders of Lost Ark, The Dark Crystal, Labyrinth, The Ghostbusters, Highlander, Robocop, Return to Oz, Conan the Barbarian, The Goonies...
    Books: The Lord of the Rings, The Neverending Story, The Wizard of Oz, Dracula, Treasure's Island, Journey to the Center of Earth, The Black Arrow, Alice in Wonderland...

Posted 08 June 2009 - 01:50 PM

It's not really that deeply written until Naruto battles Gaara while the Third battles Orochimaru.

Agreed. Honestly, I think many fans see Part I with rose-tinted shades.

Up to the TVotE fight I was content with borrowing the manga volumes from one friend of mine. But it was after reading that fight I decided purchasing my own copies (I bought the whole of Part I and started buying Part II).

I won't speak further about the subject because I don't want derailing the thread.

Team Cloud :HILARIOUS!!!!! (even more hilarious when Kishi throws in Killerbee)
& speaking of Killerbee, I REALLY hope he can get away from Kisame & train Naruto. If he happens to go to Konoha and meets team cloud there, I'm pretty sure he's gonna use Kyuubi training as a bargaining chip for Konoha.

We'll see. I'm intrigued about the role Killerbee will play in future issues.

I don't think he intends going to Konoha. After all, he was planning keeping a low profile for hiding from Akatsuki and from his hometown.

super-robot-wars-poster.jpg

Do you want to take over the world, huh? Well, you'll have to go through us first!

#270 Nee-sama

Nee-sama

Still trying to beat the boredom.

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,011 posts

Posted 08 June 2009 - 03:49 PM

QUOTE (Nate River @ Jun 7 2009, 06:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Of course they aren't going to see it the way we do. Even if they had wild sex on screen, they'd say it's loveless or that its Kishi is pulling a Rowling, just like we would if NaruHina happened. Harry Potter and Avatar are modern exhibits #1 and #2 that even outright declarations don't end these things. Many people still won't accept it.

It's pairings. It's inevitable.

Exactly, no matter how much we see of the romance dept. it still wont be enough. Happy fans will still want to see more and unhappy fans will never get off the soap box.

I agree that we should see more narutoXsakuraXsasuke when sasuke invades. Sakura still has things to discuss with Sasuke as she mentioned at the beginning of Part 2. There's also the issue of Naruto's promise and whether or not Sakura will want him to still go through with it.

As far as Kirabee's involvement in the plot, we can all agree that he'll at least get one more battle in, I think. Another jinchuuriki vs jinchuuriki battle would rock the world. Literally!

Ciardha, I love reading your input. happy.gif
Let's keep this threat hot all week, everyone! biggrin.gif

971084_656443124372835_371212529_n_zps46

#271 Freakazoid

Freakazoid

Special Jounin

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 849 posts

Posted 08 June 2009 - 05:16 PM

Personally while i'm sure something will happen between Sasuke and Sakura, how much could happen? We all know Sasuke had little feelings for her before leaving, I can't imagine him being with Oro for 3 years sparked something in his mind. I see at the most Sakura either figuring something out for herself in regards of him, or just confirming that she already has thought about it.

Just my thoughts on that. biggrin.gif

#272 RyrineaHaruno

RyrineaHaruno

I <3 Mass Effect

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,765 posts
  • Interests:Writing, drawing, Wicca, woman's history, Sewing, and series, Star Trek, Star Wars, liberal and feminist activism, The paranormal, the occult and as well. as Japanese history. literature and culture, linguistics, ancient Celtic history, literature, and different culture's then mine. Harry potter

Posted 08 June 2009 - 05:56 PM

QUOTE (Wolfheart @ Jun 8 2009, 12:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Personally while i'm sure something will happen between Sasuke and Sakura, how much could happen? We all know Sasuke had little feelings for her before leaving, I can't imagine him being with Oro for 3 years sparked something in his mind. I see at the most Sakura either figuring something out for herself in regards of him, or just confirming that she already has thought about it.

Just my thoughts on that. biggrin.gif

I agree, I doubt being with Orochimaru for 2.5 years made him feel anything different towards her. I think that her feeling will come in to play during the Sasuke invasion arc. She'll find out that he not the man she thought he was.

Edited by RyrineaHaruno, 08 June 2009 - 06:10 PM.

#273 Paptala

Paptala

Examiner

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,021 posts

Posted 08 June 2009 - 08:04 PM

QUOTE (RyrineaHaruno @ Jun 8 2009, 01:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I agree, I doubt being with Orochimaru for 2.5 years made him feel anything different towards her. I think that her feeling will come in to play during the Sasuke invasion arc. She'll find out that he not the man she thought he was.

I don't think that it will so much that he's not the man that she thought he was, just that she's grown up and changed, and the things she looking for in a person have subsequently changed as well. Even if she loved Sasuke back then, 3-4 years is a long time, and they are no longer the same people they were.

Other than that, I agree completely. happy.gif
0mDsIUH.gif
7VO00.png
set art by yui  |

#274 Tenebrae

Tenebrae

Fresh Meat

• Fresh Meat
  • 2 posts

Posted 08 June 2009 - 08:22 PM

Even when Danzo truly become the 6th Hokage, I think he will not stay it for long.
In the last picture the leader of the Anbu had the same "shock sparkle" between the ears of his mask as Shikaku.
Which could mean that Danzo and his root is alone against Konoha, Suna and now even Amegakure who are supporting Naruto. Now that Kumogakure and its Raikage joined the game, bacause Naruto is a Jinchuriki like his brother and Danzo's "we don't like foreign people"-policy, he would most likely have another allied. smack.gif
Sasukes role in this brawl is the most unpredictable part I think. He can go from killing Danzo and the eldest and rejoin Konoha to to be the carrier of doom for Konoha.

It could also be that Danzo retreits, when he sees that he could in no way overpower Narutos supporters. He's a lot but not stupid. And should Naruto let him be, Sasuke clearly won't.

So the masons can let there tools rest, at least until Narutos head is giong to be carved in stone. biggrin.gif

#275 Nee-sama

Nee-sama

Still trying to beat the boredom.

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,011 posts

Posted 08 June 2009 - 08:30 PM

QUOTE (Tenebrae @ Jun 8 2009, 01:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Even when Danzo truly become the 6th Hokage, I think he will not stay it for long.
In the last picture the leader of the Anbu had the same "shock sparkle" between the ears of his mask as Shikaku.
Which could mean that Danzo and his root is alone against Konoha, Suna and now even Amegakure who are supporting Naruto. Now that Kumogakure and its Raikage joined the game, bacause Naruto is a Jinchuriki like his brother and Danzo's "we don't like foreign people"-policy, he would most likely have another allied. smack.gif
Sasukes role in this brawl is the most unpredictable part I think. He can go from killing Danzo and the eldest and rejoin Konoha to to be the carrier of doom for Konoha.

It could also be that Danzo retreits, when he sees that he could in no way overpower Narutos supporters. He's a lot but not stupid. And should Naruto let him be, Sasuke clearly won't.

So the masons can let there tools rest, at least until Narutos head is giong to be carved in stone. biggrin.gif

Well said, quoted for truth happy.gif

971084_656443124372835_371212529_n_zps46

#276 Freakazoid

Freakazoid

Special Jounin

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 849 posts

Posted 08 June 2009 - 09:13 PM

Sasuke in all honosty will probably end up being sucked back into the light I suppose, even if I just don't see it happening. However, I hate to think that he is just going to march into the village, kill Danzo, not only be automatically welcomed back as a hero, want to come back....and wala redepmtion! Come on people!

Also I would like Sasuke to have to pay someway for choosing the path of power he did.

Edited by Wolfheart, 08 June 2009 - 09:14 PM.

#277 catsi563

catsi563

catsitastrophe

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,195 posts
  • Interests:Naruto, Sakura, NaruSaku, pizza, dragons, tigers, wolves, cats, Slaying Ebil dragon windmill thingies, the moon, the ocean.

Posted 08 June 2009 - 09:17 PM

Actualy as ive said before on many occasions itll be just that and more of course.

The root of sakuras feelings towards sasuke to me have always been rooted in the bench scene. Narutos acknowledgement of her fantasy and his acknowledgment of her in particular are what sent her from a crush of admiration to falling in love.

this is part of what has carried her in her determination to be stronger. While most of her determination is based around her admiration and deterimnation to help naruto and protect him a strong aprt also wants the same for sasuke.

She will need to confront him one more time before the end. his answers to her at his leaving werent enough, and she would need to know why he would deny almost kissing her the day they became a team. why he would deny acknowledging her and making her feel so special.

this is where the truth will come out, that it was naruto who did so. and then it will literally come out that sasuke trully isnt the man she thought he was. this is where she will discover the truth.

this is where things will get veeeerrry interesting for our couple.
My dear you deserve a great wizard, but im afraid you'll have to settle for services of a second rate pick pocket - Smendrick The Last Unicorn

..(^)> PENGUIN!!!!
C(...)D
..m.m

Training with a sannin 2 1/2 years

new pair of gloves 20 ryou

the look on your best friend, and former sensei's face's when you cause a small earth quake. Princeless

Catsis Fan Fiction

#278 RyrineaHaruno

RyrineaHaruno

I <3 Mass Effect

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,765 posts
  • Interests:Writing, drawing, Wicca, woman's history, Sewing, and series, Star Trek, Star Wars, liberal and feminist activism, The paranormal, the occult and as well. as Japanese history. literature and culture, linguistics, ancient Celtic history, literature, and different culture's then mine. Harry potter

Posted 08 June 2009 - 09:19 PM

QUOTE (Wolfheart @ Jun 8 2009, 04:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Sasuke in all honosty will probably end up being sucked back into the light I suppose, even if I just don't see it happening. However, I hate to think that he is just going to march into the village, kill Danzo, not only be automatically welcomed back as a hero, want to come back....and wala redepmtion! Come on people!

Also I would like Sasuke to have to pay someway for choosing the path of power he did.

I think Sasuke going to be killed by Danzuo or Mandra protecting his friends in which will bring him Redemption. I think a smiler seance with Ykiko and Negtro will play out, but it will be Naruto and Sasuke but with Sasuke sacrificing himself.

Edited by RyrineaHaruno, 08 June 2009 - 09:23 PM.

#279 Freakazoid

Freakazoid

Special Jounin

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 849 posts

Posted 08 June 2009 - 09:42 PM

QUOTE (catsi563 @ Jun 8 2009, 01:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Actualy as ive said before on many occasions itll be just that and more of course.

The root of sakuras feelings towards sasuke to me have always been rooted in the bench scene. Narutos acknowledgement of her fantasy and his acknowledgment of her in particular are what sent her from a crush of admiration to falling in love.

this is part of what has carried her in her determination to be stronger. While most of her determination is based around her admiration and deterimnation to help naruto and protect him a strong aprt also wants the same for sasuke.

She will need to confront him one more time before the end. his answers to her at his leaving werent enough, and she would need to know why he would deny almost kissing her the day they became a team. why he would deny acknowledging her and making her feel so special.

this is where the truth will come out, that it was naruto who did so. and then it will literally come out that sasuke trully isnt the man she thought he was. this is where she will discover the truth.

this is where things will get veeeerrry interesting for our couple.

I suppose I could see something close to that happening. Though the whole NaruSakuSasu thing at the start of the series has not been thought about by anyone in the manga since it happend that I know of. I'm not entirley sure if it will be used to show Sakura's feelings or to see Sasuke as someone else.

Frankly if she doesn't lose respect for Sasuke once he shows up in that robe, i'll lose a little respect for her.

Are we getting off topic though, cause we are mostly talking about predictions, and what we want to see now. ;P

#280 dl316bh

dl316bh

International Smug Elitist

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,519 posts

Posted 09 June 2009 - 12:12 AM

QUOTE (Wolfheart @ Jun 8 2009, 05:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Sasuke in all honosty will probably end up being sucked back into the light I suppose

That or someone else suckers him in. Sasuke seems real easy to manipulate. You could probably tell him his mother was a goat and he'd believe it. XP
bd5.jpg

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users