#261 Catra

Catra

Outlaw Gunslinging marksmen

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,112 posts
  • Interests:AU narusaku, mortal kombat, balto, lion king, rudolph,

Posted 08 August 2015 - 01:09 AM

This one-shot is just like The last and Gaiden, it should have never been made, because it only makes whatever it's promoting look worse.

In the end we didn't see Naruto succeed, we saw him get knocked out by a toddler, despite all those OP power ups running through his veins, and miss the most anticipated moment since chapter one of this series.

Disgraceful.

this was literally my reaction

there it went, that less than a atom sized bit of kitten i gave, it was all for a punchline, a joke. to all those who were happy with NH, look where it led too. you can't even have your precious scumbag get his own proud ceremony where he fulfills his own freaking dream!!!!!!!!

Edited by Catra, 08 August 2015 - 01:16 AM.

#262 HalfDemonInuyasha

HalfDemonInuyasha

Mercenary

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,597 posts

Posted 08 August 2015 - 01:28 AM

So, to conclude, the "Hokage" one-shot was, just like the early commercials for The Last, just another marketing lie to lure (early) people in and now Kishi/SP/Shueisha are, once again, trying to play damage control with excuses/lies/etc.

2e5.gif

#263 Catra

Catra

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,112 posts

Posted 08 August 2015 - 01:32 AM

seriously any of the youtube *ehem* "reviewers" who'll praise this kitten are just in it for the easy money. you arent reviewing, you're summerizing while making unfunny "jokes" then asking what others think though you dont care or reply. i hope fanboys that your  "victory" was worth it because you're celebrating over something thats less than a joke.

Edited by Catra, 08 August 2015 - 01:33 AM.

#264 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 08 August 2015 - 01:35 AM

So, to conclude, the "Hokage" one-shot was, just like the early commercials for The Last, just another marketing lie to lure (early) people in and now Kishi/SP/Shueisha are, once again, trying to play damage control with excuses/lies/etc.

Well, it's one way to get everyone to go to the movies earlier due to those gifts. That's "special," so the box office opening can open big. I don't know how much it can garnered in the long run, but I guess we'll see. That and being the final movie helped the fans to see it immediately. Sounds like that trick Gintoki did to the carpenters.

#265 Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Magnificient Bastard (aka Cliffhanger Bastard!)

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,905 posts

Posted 08 August 2015 - 01:36 AM

I mean...think about how this chapter could have gone if it were ACTUALLY ABOUT NARUTO:

The coat could arrive in a shiny new box that Naruto doesn't want to open yet. It sits in a place of pride on the middle of the table.

Meanwhile there have been some household shenanigans between the kids that Naruto has been letting get out of control, reminiscing instead of telling them to stop.

Bolt's playing some stupid/mean pranks on HImawari, and Naruto laughs it off saying he remembers doing things like that too, like replacing kunai with foam ones or leaving a kick-me sign for someone to sit on. Naruto says 'you're just like me' and Bolt loudly disagrees. But Bolt takes one prank too far and HImawari gets mad. She activates her byakugan fighting with Bolt, setting off a cascade of problems that ends up destroying half the house.

Naruto finally steps in, solves the fight and puts everything to rights, feeling like a real hokage for a moment, until he realizes the coat box is crushed and there's a big wedge of wall or something smashed through the middle of it. He pulls the cloak out, holding it up for the whole family to see a big smoking hole through the back of it. Just then he realizes how silent the whole village is, and that he is suddenly very late for his own Kage ceremony.

He runs to the podium to see the irritated looks of his comrades and that everyone has indeed been waiting for him. He scrubs his neck sheepishly that he's late, but walks forward anyway, hoping no one will notice the hole. He's getting ready to walk out in front of the crowd and rest of the other kages, when his friends all see the huge hole in his brand new coat. Eyes go wide, jaws drop - now it's going to be a real disaster - and he's just about to step out into the light where everyone will see it, and then know that he's still the same clowning kid he used to be.

But suddenly at the last minute, Naruto's family tackles him to give him a group hug and Boruto slaps him on the back. Hard. Too hard. And Naruto gives him a strange/stern look before standing and continuing on. The next moment Naruto's on stage with big cheers all around.

From the front, he's the picture of calm. All eyes are one him, smiling and clapping, yet strangely none of the visiting Kages or diplomats standing on the stage behind him are staring at the obvious hole in the back of his coat. Then from the back, Naruto is scene looking out over the crowd of people cheering and clapping, and his coat looks exactly the way we've seen it already, with the long cloak with the panel of writing down the back, outlined in a litle black line around the edge of the panel. The hole is completely, miraculously, gone.

Behind him, where no one can see, his family sinks to the floor, holding each other and panting. But above Bolt's head, to the side of the entrance, one of the silk scrolls that read Seventh Hokage is conspicuously missing, torn from the wall. On the other side of the door, a matching panel is still hanging, fluttering at the corners where it's still taped down.

Close the chapter with a closeup panel of the writing on Naruto's cloak, and now the thin line becomes clear that it's actually the shadow of the edge of the panel, and it is clearly taped down on the corners. So when Bolt hit his back hard, several times, he was actually smacking down a sign on his dad's back. Last scene is a Naruto, grinning big on the podium, maybe even with a little sweat drop, looking completely like the same old Naruto, even though he's wearing a different cloak.

So...the whole chapter would have been about Naruto achieving his goal, but still in a very Naruto sort of way, his family being a normal crazy family, Himawari activating her byakugan, an origin story for why there is writing on the back of his cloak, and Bolt saves the day by playing a very old-school Naruto-esque type of joke (smacking a sign on someone's back when they think they're getting a hug) proving that Bolt is very much like his old man.

That's the way it could have gone down. It could continue to be about Naruto, in conjunction with the next gen kids. Instead, Naruto is knocked out, and is replaced at his own ceremony. And the rest of the chapter is completely on Bolt and Himawari. Naruto is once again sidelined in his own story.

I know whatcha mean. @_@ It's just sad.

Why can't Kishi just go back to the way things were? Seriously, he's sold out so horrifically that the story isn't even really Naruto anymore. It's like Naruto doesn't even matter anymore in his own story. What kind of dumbass does that to their own main character in a manga?! Especially one whose name is in the freaking title!

Or even in another series. It'd be like if Ginny became the focus of Harry Potter, or something else. At least in Dragon Ball Z, with Goku being dead, it made sense Gohan got some focus early on in the Buu Saga, but this is just not fair!

#266 Catra

Catra

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,112 posts

Posted 08 August 2015 - 02:09 AM

seriously this is like simba getting beaten up by a newborn kiara and zazu climbing up pride rock instead =n= for cimanies sake i can see where kish is going with the konohamaru disquise but its not cute dammit! this is NARUTO'S moment! for petes sake shame on you kishimoto masashi. SHAME. ON. YOU!!!

#267 Nar123

Nar123

The Phantom

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,624 posts

Posted 08 August 2015 - 02:20 AM

Himawari shouldn't be able to use the byakugan if she wasn't born with it. That isn't how the hyuga clan or the byakugan works, half-breed or not. How much rectons are going to happen? First Boruto + chidori, Boruto + gentle fist, Sarada + sharigan, Sarada + super strength, now Himawari + byakugan and Himawari + perfect technique? 

/cries for life/

Boruto doesn't use the chidori in the movie, Salad's sharingan isn't a retcon but her super strenght is because it is implied that she learned due to genetics, all the other Himawari kitten is a retcon too

Edited by Nar123, 08 August 2015 - 02:21 AM.

tumblr_obno1yoNj11suy1fso1_540.gif

:eager:  Persona 5 hype     :eager:

#268 Laylo

Laylo

Academy Student

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 36 posts

Posted 08 August 2015 - 06:20 AM

I heard that he does? Meh, might just be a rumour, but him being able to use gentle fist is a huge recton so there's still that.

Sarada being able to unlocking the sharigan the way she did was a recton. She was just excited to see her dad for the first time and boom sharigan? Doesn't work like that, and it sure didn't work like that for Sasuke or Obito.

Agreed on the super strength though.

I think he uses a cheating device. It's some technology that allows the wearer to store ninjutsu scrolls that can be used at any time. So someone who's never done a water jutsu can use a specific water jutsu at full potential if they have this device and the ninjutsu scroll. That's how Bolt used the Raikiri. He stored a jutsu scroll of it in this device he was wearing on his arm.

As for the sharingan. It was stated that it unlocks through powerful emotion. Not just anger and hatred. I suppose they thought it would be refreshing to see an Uchiha unlock it through joy for once, but it's not a retcon. However I agree 100% about the super strength. Since Salad just became a ninja, there is NO way Sakura had the time to teach her that when she was just learning the basics. There wasn't even any implication that she was learning it I mean come on.

Rehash. Rehash. Rehash. That's all I'm seeing.

Anyways also of note about this oneshot, Naruto was sleeping in.

You'd think he'd be up and ready before sunrise (if he even got sleep at all) for his ceremony. But he seems so unenthusiastic. I mean how did Hinata beat him there? Maybe the translation will explain some things but I am not convinced he wanted this job. This is especially egregious because after he becomes Hokage he never leaves the damn office. One wonders what the hell happened to him in between the time of chapter 699 and then. Like come on can his marriage to Hinata and becoming a father really take away all of his passion? To this extent?

#269 rocci

rocci

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,708 posts

Posted 08 August 2015 - 06:55 AM

Most likely naruto post 699 is to potray kishimoto situation as mangaka.

You know self insert.

#270 Catra

Catra

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,112 posts

Posted 08 August 2015 - 09:44 AM

sheet if this was a narusaku kid i cant help now but see a daughter having the retconned "super strength" as a kekkei genkai and knocking naruto out with it =_=

#271 Nar123

Nar123

The Phantom

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,624 posts

Posted 08 August 2015 - 02:28 PM

sheet if this was a narusaku kid i cant help now but see a daughter having the retconned "super strength" as a kekkei genkai and knocking naruto out with it =_=

It's expected I guess...Kishi wiritng would still be kinda bad even if the pairing changed, of course NS  makes more sense than NH ever did, but the incoherences typical to Kishi's writing would still appear from time to time 

Edited by Nar123, 08 August 2015 - 02:28 PM.

#272 Namikaze Clan

Namikaze Clan

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,684 posts

Posted 08 August 2015 - 05:24 PM

Forneverworld seems overjoyed that mophead has the byakugan. hardly surprising, lol

Edited by Namikaze Clan, 08 August 2015 - 05:24 PM.

#273 redrose3443

redrose3443

Minato's kidnapper >:D

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,961 posts
  • Interests:Drawing, Music, chocolate, and Fanfiction.

Posted 08 August 2015 - 06:12 PM

Did he say a word about Naruto missing his life long dream?

minato_by_kyutenzuken-d7bt4gj.gif

He's mine, don't touch.

#274 Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Magnificient Bastard (aka Cliffhanger Bastard!)

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,905 posts

Posted 08 August 2015 - 06:23 PM

Something tells me he doesn't give a damn about that. =/

#275 Nar123

Nar123

The Phantom

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,624 posts

Posted 08 August 2015 - 06:49 PM

Forneverworld seems overjoyed that mophead has the byakugan. hardly surprising, lol

Yes

Hinata's the main character for him so no wonder he liked it

#276 Namikaze Clan

Namikaze Clan

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,684 posts

Posted 08 August 2015 - 07:09 PM

He was just referring to the scan showing her awakening it. He didnt comment about the inauguration chapter. He may review it later though

#277 Catra

Catra

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,112 posts

Posted 08 August 2015 - 10:18 PM

figures. they wanna comment on a simple spoiler and get money off the hype bandwagon. a GOOD REVIEWER waits for the whole release. i wouldn't be surprised if he asked "say my lovely tools i mean viewers, what do YOU think that made the new princess activate her eyes?! =Oooooo"

Edited by Catra, 08 August 2015 - 10:18 PM.

#278 Nostradamus

Nostradamus

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,022 posts

Posted 08 August 2015 - 10:31 PM

figures. they wanna comment on a simple spoiler and get money off the hype bandwagon. a GOOD REVIEWER waits for the whole release. i wouldn't be surprised if he asked "say my lovely tools i mean viewers, what do YOU think that made the new princess activate her eyes?! =Oooooo"

Dat YouTube money.

CZSn9hA.jpg

Which I've told you - time and time again - is dangerous! There will never be consensus, son, among those you have helped to ascend. They will all differ in their views of what it means to be free. The peace you so desperately seek does not exist.

These men are united now by a common cause. But when this battle is finished they will fall to fighting amongst themselves about how best to ensure control. In time it will lead to war. You will see.

#279 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,570 posts

Posted 08 August 2015 - 10:40 PM

Wouldn't he also asks his viewers how large they think that this si...(....what is her kittening age?) year old girl breast will be when she sixteen?

Edited by Bail o' Lies, 08 August 2015 - 10:40 PM.

#280 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,570 posts

Posted 08 August 2015 - 10:44 PM

So wait the jackass will do both a video on both the image of her having the eyes while he has the look in his eyes of both undressing the little girl and imagining her older with her mother's kittens, and then he's going to do a video on the actual one shot...Are his fans that stupid who would watch something like that? And why wouldn't he just wait a few more days for it to be fully released this isn't we got a page and it won't be fully out till 3 months from now.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users