#261 krisk

krisk

S-Class Missing-nin

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,831 posts

Posted 11 January 2009 - 09:47 PM

QUOTE (Denim88 @ Jan 11 2009, 01:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
"...Jyu-chan, as much as I'd enjoy that view, I don't think that's the best line of thought we should be taking now. Whoever is on board here may very well be dead." I gave her a small grin, "Although I will admit I'd probably suddenly kick back to life myself if you offered that view..." I laughed a little, knowing full well that I wasn't saving any dignity I may have had with her.

Oh well, not like she really cared about where my thoughts wandered in that aspect. As long as it was about her and not some Vierran girl, she wouldn't care.

I shook my head as the thoughts of Jyuuki wearing some lewd piece of nothing started forming, and looked around, "...Jyuuki, you find anything yet?" I lifted up another piece of fallen metal from the ship's walls, and sighed. It's like no one had been on this ship at all. What the hell?

"Idiot! The show excludes all but whoever's on this ship. Used-to be ship, whatever." I growled as I reached over and punched the Commander in the head. Really did he think I was easy? Psh. But he'd had a point, the view would probably be like a not-so-much painful shot in the eye. I should call the Department of Medicine very soon. I'd have to get Shihna to remind me to remind her to remind me about that call, cause that's the only way it worked. But I couldn't help but to blush while glaring at him, the thought of his thoughts at that moment were flattering-- and I only flattered myself. That's how it worked. Not the other way around cos then it was retardedly sincere, and that could make my brain mush for a few seconds.

So that's why I coughed the blush away and reached in, my fingers skimming over a few things. I really hope I didn't end up pulling out a lung or spleen or a week-old cup of something alive. Ewugh, grossness. "...Aaaand, not really. For a ship stolen, you'd think there would be some kind of type of celebration during the ride. I mean-- I've heard you're s'posed to do that y'know. And - wait - !" I grinned lechorously pulling out a pair of goggles. Huh, they looked like official security goggles. Even better! I cheekily grinned as I strapped them onto my head, pulling them down and momentarily picturing myself arresting someone. How lame. Though, I think I'd keep 'em cos they looked fabulous with my the color of my eyes.

"- found a pair of goggily-goggles, Vitty. Don't be jealous. And no I won't let you borrow 'em later." I snickered before leaning forward even more. Maybe I'd find a uniform that matched 'em.

"Ten gil says that this day is far from being over yet with the ludicrous and nonsense." I grumbled to myself, dropping the metal plating.

I heard the clang of the metal plating and I was about to shout in Al Bhed Awesomnese about how he shouldn't parts that could fetch us some bread money but I remembered he sucked so I brushed it off (I was supposed to open it first!) "I wouldn't take that bet if I was the loser in a game of Strip Poker, babe. And doncha owe me ten --"

QUOTE (shadow_Uzumaki @ Jan 11 2009, 01:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
"M-MY SHIP!!!!!!" Cid began crying at the demolished platform that served as his parking lot, "I CAN'T TAKE IT ANYMORE!!!! This was just like the Clown Convention of '07, stupid drunks....." He knelt down crying, thinking of the paperwork and the bills to pay.

" -- gil." I drawled off as poked my head up and looked over my shoulder as the mangled barship owner dropped to his knees, like he'd found out he was pregnant from last night or something.

It was wonderful.

"HAHAHHAHAHAHAHAH! OH MAN AHHAHAHAHAA!" I guffawed. First reactions to the expected were even sometimes unprepared because oh my gawd lookit him, he's rubbing his beloved ship like it had gotten a boo-boob. My whole body was shaking as snickers rolled through my limbs before I reached into my pocket and pulled out a small device that was meant to capture heavenly moments like these forever. Forever meant a lifetime of cheer-up-by-glancing-at-it-once promises and endless times where I or anybody else could go Remember that one day when Cid... because those were the most memorable. *CLICK* went the camera, encasing the Cid's Breakdown #49032048039840293483290434th Kodak moment for forever plus one, warm and ready for me to develop as soon as I got the chance. I bit my lip as I watched him for a few more moments. Goddesses. One thing he was crying, probably thinking about all the stuff he'd have to do just to fix a 5 second crash and then he began to affectionately rub the ship. Goddesses, Momma-Cid made the situation even funnier and I couldn't help but to laugh even harder and where was this person hidden in the ship's shadows I had to mf'ing thank them.

My loud guffaws subsided as the clenching sensation in my gut loosened abit and I turned back to the cockpit. I leaned over and with big-eyed happy goggled eyes of glee, peered in the cockpit once again. "Hey hey! You! Hey you, guy chick dead-person almost dying person, c'mon out so I can hug you or somethi--"

QUOTE (Recompense @ Jan 11 2009, 02:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
A bloodied and scratched hand shot through a hole in the broken glass of the cockpit, grabbing onto what remained of the steel lining of the glass. Gareth grunted a bit in pain as he pulled himself forwards, his other arm didn't feel so good... But hey! At least he had one arm! And if he'd learned anything in biology, it's that arms are asexual in their reproduction. But then again, the other arm wasn't missing...

His delirious thoughts stopped as he lunged forwards, he was DONE with that ship, and he was getting out, damnit!

His momentum carried him out of the crashed ship, carried him out of the cockpit, and carried him straight into the very odd woman's cleavage, facefirst.

*WHUMP*

They tumbled down from the ship's exterior, coming to rest on the ground, his face still buried in that wonderful valley of flesh. This was nice...

Is this how landing-crashes work? I should do this more often...

Gareth smiled as he rolled off of her, bending and twisting as he stood upright. On his scratched and bleeding hands.

"Hmmmm, Nice size, yet still soft to the touch... I give em a 9."

I blinked up rapidly thinking an orgy of random thoughts. Confusion mixed with a tiny bit of anger but not really because as I realized that the broken ship's owner had been somewhere I never allowed him because it was NOT the morning after and I still remembered what I said. What a bastard, how dare he! I shot up and shook a clenched fist, that promised all kinds of adventures for this purple eyed foo.

"A NINE!? HOW DARE YOU." Seriously, how dare he a nine?! I growled, clearly I couldn't have a mere scale judge the level of my deadly good looks and is that a straightjacket?

I blinked. I dropped my fist and just stared in wonder. I was always taught not to hurt crazy people and speaking of that adjective that seemed to be the day's word of the day, I slowly glanced at Vitty with my finger pointed at our new guest. "...You totally jinxed it. GREAT JOB, we've got 'ludicrous and nonsensical' in the form of a PERSON. Nice one, Vitty. Gawd."

And with that, he cartwheeled over to the man who was crying, Leaning his face down into the poorly depressed fellows tear-stained face.

". . . . . . . . . CHEER UP. EMO KID!!!"

And with that, Gareth began dancing about, clapping his hands and singing the worst version of kumbaya that has ever been sung by a man who just survived a landing-crash.

Yes. Gareth was going to like it here.

Depending on the new uh... reluctant situation, I knew it was really inappropriate of me to burst out in a sort of burp of laughter at the dude's comment towards the Old Man. "AH HAHA Kehahafj.-- Ahem." I saved face again, coughing. This time it was okay because we all had our eyes on the new show for the evening. I blinked again as I watched the man start to dance and sing a version of Kumbaiya that made me want to be born from an inbred family because that way I would have had my ears grown on my butt or something and that would've totally made it hard to hear it and oh gawd make it stop.

I slowly snuck myself over to the guy with the yellow hair and purple eyes (another clashing fashion statement with legs, that Echo lady is probably gasming over there) and all the clapping. He hadn't seemed to notice because he was suddenly going falsetto on something that should never ever be falsetto-ed again and that was the last straw.

"OH GAWD SHUT THE HELL UP!" I roared before tackling the man from behind, wrapping my short legs (shut up) around his mid section. I rested my arms on his shoulders and latched my hands over his mouth. I held tight as I looked at the tear-stained Cid, infront of us. I pleaded with my eyes, Do something, goddamnit! Through secret ninja eye language and still held tight cos really I wouldn't have thought of anything else if I tried and the whole time I repeated a mantra in my head: 'Please don't let him have crazy insane Herpes, please don't let him have crazy insane Herpes, please don't let him have crazy insane herpes, pleasedon'tlethimhavecrazyinsaneHerpes, pleasedon'tlethimhavecrazyinsaneHerpes-'

#262 Recompense

Recompense

Shameful Member of the YEAR!!

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 360 posts

Posted 12 January 2009 - 12:02 AM

GAH. A weight! an added growth!!??

CANCER!!??

He twisted his head, looking at the strange lady with the very pleasant breasts. Dear God! That wasn't a woman, but a fully-fledged form of sentient cancer?

Impossible

No, no. She WAS! She was even attaching to him now! Mumbling about Insane Herpes, or something! DEAR KIKKLEJARGEN, CANCER AND STD'S!!??

He panicked, filthy, blood covered hands flew up, scratching and clawing at her shoulders. Filthy shoulders. Disgusting. Icky. Get them off. GET. OFF.

Gareth shuddered, panic and worry and adrenaline and hate and anger and KILL filling him. Kill? Was that an emotion? it wasn't. Maybe he was referring to the desire to kill? THe urge? Hmmm... he'd think about it later. Later? There is no later. There is only the CANCERGIRL ON HIS BACK!!

His hands released her shoulders, going to grab her ankles that were wrapped around his waist. She was trying to strangle his Stomach! That... That b*tch!

With inhuman strength, her ankles were pulled off of him, before he lifted them, turning and twisting them until the rest of her was forced off. In the end, he was holding the devilish Cancer-Demon-With-Boobs by her ankles, seperated from him! He was safe!

"NOT TODAY, CANCERLADY!!"

And with that, he flung the Foul Beast away from him, at the Emo-Kid.

"There! Now you have something to cry about, ya WUSSY!"

And with that, Gareth sat down. He felt like eating noodles. Oodles of Noodles. Oodles of Noodles and maybe some Poodles.
I'm just sitting here. Wondering what it'd be like To be with you.

#263 Sakura~Kitsune

Sakura~Kitsune

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,486 posts
  • Location:The Forgotten Borough formerly known as Staten Island!
  • Interests:Reading, Writing, Roleplaying, Magical Girls, Anime/Manga, Video Games, Music, Friends/Family, and Food!

Posted 12 January 2009 - 02:52 AM

QUOTE (Recompense @ Jan 11 2009, 07:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
GAH. A weight! an added growth!!??

CANCER!!??

He twisted his head, looking at the strange lady with the very pleasant breasts. Dear God! That wasn't a woman, but a fully-fledged form of sentient cancer?

Impossible

No, no. She WAS! She was even attaching to him now! Mumbling about Insane Herpes, or something! DEAR KIKKLEJARGEN, CANCER AND STD'S!!??

He panicked, filthy, blood covered hands flew up, scratching and clawing at her shoulders. Filthy shoulders. Disgusting. Icky. Get them off. GET. OFF.

Gareth shuddered, panic and worry and adrenaline and hate and anger and KILL filling him. Kill? Was that an emotion? it wasn't. Maybe he was referring to the desire to kill? THe urge? Hmmm... he'd think about it later. Later? There is no later. There is only the CANCERGIRL ON HIS BACK!!

His hands released her shoulders, going to grab her ankles that were wrapped around his waist. She was trying to strangle his Stomach! That... That b*tch!

With inhuman strength, her ankles were pulled off of him, before he lifted them, turning and twisting them until the rest of her was forced off. In the end, he was holding the devilish Cancer-Demon-With-Boobs by her ankles, seperated from him! He was safe!

And with that, Gareth sat down. He felt like eating noodles. Oodles of Noodles. Oodles of Noodles and maybe some Poodles.

Okay now, whooooaaaaa. Didn't see that coming.

"Dude, Jyuuki?! Are you alright?" I stammered, surprised at the not so sudden things that had just taken place. Firstly, there was nothing but amusement across my face as I watched both Jyuuki and Vitty... sure, I still didn't see eye to eye with the guy but it was good enough beginner's blackmail for me, but now... all I could possibly do is stare. With this poor (and probably forgotten) airship already in critical need of repairs, there was no way anything else could happen that would put us in risk. But I just had to have a big mouth, and basically everyone else -including me- had to have an unfortunate case of bad luck. Because yet again, I, and the rest of the crew and 'guest' were staring a possible newfound disaster in the face - and the person who trailed along with it.

Oh joy, wasn't this one going to be fun? Just couldn't wait to see what happened next, and exactly what we end up having to give up. Most likely being a HUGE chunk of the airship, and then we would ALL have to deal with the countless hours of Cid's boohooings and overload of those small packages of tissues. You know, the ones with supposed lotion fused in within them? With the objective to make sure that your nose doesn't end up all red and blotchy. Kinda like a cherry tomato gone bad after being left out of the fridge for so long... ewwww. Couldn't help but be reminded of that salad that Cid, Jyuuki and myself had worked on that one night; went bad the next freakin' day.

And what's the point of eating lukewarm spaghetti when there's no salad to go with it! Yeah, you can still eat it, but it's like... not the same! The reason I was ranting on about food at the moment, was something WAY beyond what I could possibly think of, but there was atleast some things I could interpret out of all of this. REALIZATION ONE: I was starving and hadn't eaten anything since breakfast (if you wanted to call it that), and REALIZATION TWO: yet again, we were being introduced to someone who's a bit off the boat--- scratch that. Why not I just say the new guy is borderline of insane? And don't judge me for accusing people like that so suddenly. Even though there are some people who freak out after waking up to see Jyuuki, you usually don't freak out that badly. And what the hell was he going on about? Cancerlady?!

Yeaaaah. Raise your hands if you think Cid's going to have to be sent to a year's worth of therapy after this one? You think so too, huh? Atleast I'm not the only one.

Still being balanced thanks to my hands, I tried my upmost best to make it over to Jyuuki and Vitty without paying much attention to the new guest--- waitaminute. He's wearing a straight-jacket. By goddess, this guy is WEARING a straight-jacket! With baffled eyes, I could only mutter just a few words as I felt my wrists trying to give out; there was no intentions of me falling flat on my face after everything that has happened, but still... anymore of this insanity, in just a few hours (I'll have you know!), and I'm positive we'd be joining Mister Freak-Out.

Who was oddly sitting down now, and seemed pleased in what he had just done.

"Do you think we should be worried...? I mean the guy just tossed you like a rag doll..." I murmured to the probably dazed Jyuuki and Vitty, I couldn't help but wonder exactly what was going to happen next. But at the moment, I was getting fed up with my own acrobatic stunt. For some reason, my limbs felt as if they were being jabbed by needles and the heels of my feet had impacted against the crown of my head every now and then. Goddess, it reaaaallly sucked when you couldn't control your 'circus performer' body from doing something like this.

With a sigh, my dangling feet pushed forward, my legs followed suit and finally the rest of my body made it right side up. Yep, I knew I was going to be sore tomorrow morning. If I even lived to tomorrow morning. And even this reminded me of the time we were visited by a group of soldiers out of war - somewhat.

Whoever this guy was, I couldn't help but be worried at the moment. Who knew exactly what could happen right about now, but for some reason... this guy... looked hungry. I didn't know why I was even thinking about something like this, maybe it was because I was hungry, myself? But as of now, I did something in which I didn't even think I would actually do. This character seemed a bit dangerous, but who knew what could come out of this? It might as well be a bit interesting. And I just knew that my mind was actually going against me.

This wasn't me thinking, usually I was more sane than this. But what the hell~

"Anyone hungry?"

Glancing towards Jyuuki and Vitty, the look on my face was something of sheepishness, amusment, and maybe even apology.

Edited by Sakura~Kitsune, 12 January 2009 - 03:23 AM.

tumblr_n9ki6ltPXZ1qai1u2o1_500.gif

No matter how dark it is, you’re not alone you know?

The moonlight is shining on us

#264 Sakura Blossoms

Sakura Blossoms

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 8,418 posts
  • Location:Sunny (when there's no hurricane XD) South Florida!
  • Interests:Reading, writing fanfiction (check out my homepage) *shameless plug* XD, video games, and anime! ^_^

Posted 12 January 2009 - 03:22 AM

QUOTE (Sakura~Kitsune @ Jan 11 2009, 09:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
"Anyone hungry?"

Glancing towards Jyuuki and Vitty, the look on my face was something of sheepishness, amusment, and maybe even apology.

I was hungry, tired, sore, and just wanted this day to come to an end, so that I could rest. It was almost nightfall now, and time for all little Elves to get some much needed sleep.

"I am," I replied in a quiet, and tired voice.

"Can we go inside now and get something to eat, and then get some sleep. I haven't even seen my new room that I'm getting to share with you and Jyu, for more than 10 minutes yet."

#265 krisk

krisk

S-Class Missing-nin

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,831 posts

Posted 12 January 2009 - 04:10 AM

QUOTE (Recompense @ Jan 11 2009, 06:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I grunted as I put a hand on Cid's face and pressed down, pushing myself up with difficulty because he was out of it. Holding me down because either he was being some dirty old man and we'd have to really have a discussion about it later or he was being needy and touchy and wanting a hug because his poor baby had taken a few scratches and gawd-- "LEMME GO, CID!" I growled, trying to get up. My shoulders were throbbing and the red raised skin showed promise of pain later on. Like everything else.

I glared up at the crazy guy, while he sat before us, kind of rocking back and forth. Maybe it wasn't the hottest idea to jump on him and try to shut him up. But what the heck was I supposed to do?! Tell him to stop? Ask him to shut the frik up? Threaten him by throwing a sheep at him? Observing his behavior it seemed that he would totally glee at the idea of a sheep being thrown at him-- even if the intention was a mean one.

I was about to exact my reactive revenge, like I usually did when I was being thrown around for no good freaking reason but-- I just stopped, sitting still on Cid. I just had had enough. I was dirty, cold, hungry, sleepy, the whole big fat shibang of crappy feelings. I glared once more for good measure, before deciding that was it. Forget it, I'd leave this spaz alone -- hell, I'd agree to let him staying here-- outside-- but still staying.

QUOTE (Sakura~Kitsune @ Jan 11 2009, 08:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
"Dude, Jyuuki?! Are you alright?" I stammered, surprised at the not so sudden things that had just taken place. Firstly, there was nothing but amusement across my face as I watched both Jyuuki and Vitty... sure, I still didn't see eye to eye with the guy but it was good enough beginner's blackmail for me, but now... all I could possibly do is stare. With this poor (and probably forgotten) airship already in critical need of repairs, there was no way anything else could happen that would put us in risk. But I just had to have a big mouth, and basically everyone else -including me- had to have an unfortunate case of bad luck. Because yet again, I, and the rest of the crew and 'guest' were staring a possible newfound disaster in the face - and the person who trailed along with it.

Oh joy, wasn't this one going to be fun? Just couldn't wait to see what happened next, and exactly what we end up having to give up. Most likely being a HUGE chunk of the airship, and then we would ALL have to deal with the countless hours of Cid's boohooings and overload of those small packages of tissues. You know, the ones with supposed lotion fused in within them? With the objective to make sure that your nose doesn't end up all red and blotchy. Kinda like a cherry tomato gone bad after being left out of the fridge for so long... ewwww. Couldn't help but be reminded of that salad that Cid, Jyuuki and myself had worked on that one night; went bad the next freakin' day.

And what's the point of eating lukewarm spaghetti when there's no salad to go with it! Yeah, you can still eat it, but it's like... not the same! The reason I was ranting on about food at the moment, was something WAY beyond what I could possibly think of, but there was atleast some things I could interpret out of all of this. REALIZATION ONE: I was starving and hadn't eaten anything since breakfast (if you wanted to call it that), and REALIZATION TWO: yet again, we were being introduced to someone who's a bit off the boat--- scratch that. Why not I just say the new guy is borderline of insane? And don't judge me for accusing people like that so suddenly. Even though there are some people who freak out after waking up to see Jyuuki, you usually don't freak out that badly. And what the hell was he going on about? Cancerlady?!

Yeaaaah. Raise your hands if you think Cid's going to have to be sent to a year's worth of therapy after this one? You think so too, huh? Atleast I'm not the only one.

Still being balanced thanks to my hands, I tried my upmost best to make it over to Jyuuki and Vitty without paying much attention to the new guest--- waitaminute. He's wearing a straight-jacket. By goddess, this guy is WEARING a straight-jacket! With baffled eyes, I could only mutter just a few words as I felt my wrists trying to give out; there was no intentions of me falling flat on my face after everything that has happened, but still... anymore of this insanity, in just a few hours (I'll have you know!), and I'm positive we'd be joining Mister Freak-Out.

Who was oddly sitting down now, and seemed pleased in what he had just done.

"Do you think we should be worried...? I mean the guy just tossed you like a rag doll..." I murmured to the probably dazed Jyuuki and Vitty, I couldn't help but wonder exactly what was going to happen next. But at the moment, I was getting fed up with my own acrobatic stunt. For some reason, my limbs felt as if they were being jabbed by needles and the heels of my feet had impacted against the crown of my head every now and then. Goddess, it reaaaallly sucked when you couldn't control your 'circus performer' body from doing something like this.

With a sigh, my dangling feet pushed forward, my legs followed suit and finally the rest of my body made it right side up. Yep, I knew I was going to be sore tomorrow morning. If I even lived to tomorrow morning. And even this reminded me of the time we were visited by a group of soldiers out of war - somewhat.

Whoever this guy was, I couldn't help but be worried at the moment. Who knew exactly what could happen right about now, but for some reason... this guy... looked hungry. I didn't know why I was even thinking about something like this, maybe it was because I was hungry, myself? But as of now, I did something in which I didn't even think I would actually do. This character seemed a bit dangerous, but who knew what could come out of this? It might as well be a bit interesting. And I just knew that my mind was actually going against me.

This wasn't me thinking, usually I was more sane than this. But what the hell~

"Anyone hungry?"

I glanced up at the equally crappy feeling (I got those vibes from here-- that and she looked like my mirror, aka crap) coworker before taking her offered hand. "Yeah, I'm just peachy. But in general? I feel like I was molested by a wet ogre or something-- man, I'm just done, Shihn. Y'know I haven't had food since freaking toast and booze in the morning? How lame is that? And ya know me. And you; I like to eat. How wrong is it that I haven't eaten my 5 meals yet?" I moaned and groaned, rubbing my shoulders.

QUOTE (Sakura Blossoms @ Jan 11 2009, 09:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I was hungry, tired, sore, and just wanted this day to come to an end, so that I could rest. It was almost nightfall now, and time for all little Elves to get some much needed sleep.

"I am," I replied in a quiet, and tired voice.

"Can we go inside now and get something to eat, and then get some sleep. I haven't even seen my new room that I'm getting to share with you and Jyu, for more than 10 minutes yet."

"Me freaking-three, Raves." I pouted, big doe-eyes watery as I looked down at my stomach and noticed it was grumbling again. All, FEEEEEEEEEED MEEEEEEE before I keep on reminding you of how much you fail or how much the day fails for keeping me from sustinance so *GRUMBLEGRUMBLEGRUMBLE*. I dramatized as I rubbed it and firmly decided to screw this scene.

I looked around and glared all I don't like you already and whatnot at the crazy guy with the purple eyes. "I don't know what Cid'll do with you. I hope he makes ya stay out here or makes ya leave even-- I don't really care right now but just know cancer is serious business and you shouldn't be a dumbass yelling about it whenever you want. And you can't sing. Oh and by the way, you smell funny. HMPH." I grumbled before turning myself towards the bar.

I peered at the gorgeous sunset before glancing at both Shihna and Raven. Their idea was probably the best more ingenious one I'd heard all day, so I gave them a thumbs up. "I say we get dinner. Better yet, I say Vitty cooks! It'd be like initiation or something. That and we wouldn't have to cook ourselves! How bout it?" I grinned, victoriously pointing towards the bar, letting the antics of the crazy person kind of push off my shoulders to be dealt with later.

#266 Sakura Blossoms

Sakura Blossoms

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 8,418 posts
  • Interests:Reading, writing fanfiction (check out my homepage) *shameless plug* XD, video games, and anime! ^_^

Posted 12 January 2009 - 04:28 AM

QUOTE (krisk @ Jan 11 2009, 11:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I peered at the gorgeous sunset before glancing at both Shihna and Raven. Their idea was probably the best more ingenious one I'd heard all day, so I gave them a thumbs up. "I say we get dinner. Better yet, I say Vitty cooks! It'd be like initiation or something. That and we wouldn't have to cook ourselves! How bout it?" I grinned, victoriously pointing towards the bar, letting the antics of the crazy person kind of push off my shoulders to be dealt with later.

I sighed with relief, and nodded at Jyu's question. I'd seriously just had enough of this day as well, and just wanted some rest, relaxation, *food*, and some peace and quiet.

I walked shyly up to Jyu and Shin, and hesitantly reaching out I took Jyu's free hand, as her other still held Shin's.

"I would really like that. Let's make ur 'boyfriend' cook for us," I said, with a slightly cheeky grin at the boyfriend part.

#267 shadow_Uzumaki

shadow_Uzumaki

If you can't say something nice....

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,089 posts
  • Interests:Stuff

Posted 12 January 2009 - 04:29 AM

He glared at the weird man responsible and brandished his segmented spear from god-knows-where, screwing th three parts together and began stalking towards the crazy dude-ship-breaker. He was breathing really hard from contained anger, so hard you could see the air. "No one, and I mean no one punches a hole in my deck!!" He let out an animalistic growl and lunged towards purple-eyes, "I'll make you pay for it! All 9000 gil of it!"

#268 Sakura~Kitsune

Sakura~Kitsune

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,486 posts
  • Interests:Reading, Writing, Roleplaying, Magical Girls, Anime/Manga, Video Games, Music, Friends/Family, and Food!

Posted 12 January 2009 - 04:53 AM

QUOTE (Sakura Blossoms @ Jan 11 2009, 11:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I sighed with relief, and nodded at Jyu's question. I'd seriously just had enough of this day as well, and just wanted some rest, relaxation, *food*, and some peace and quiet.

I walked shyly up to Jyu and Shin, and hesitantly reaching out I took Jyu's free hand, as her other still held Shin's.

"I would really like that. Let's make ur 'boyfriend' cook for us," I said, with a slightly cheeky grin at the boyfriend part.

A grin quickly made it's way across my face, and it seemed we were finally able to relax. We've all had enough of this day, and just awaited for nightfall to finally make it's way here. Yes, the sunset was a sight to see (and I wish I had taken a picture), but I was really hoping to grace my eyes over the different constallations. Stargazing was truly something relaxing... which is why I might ask if anyone would like to join me for my so-called 'weekly' gaze. Maybe it would cause these exaggerated pounds of stress to release themselves from our shoulders. Just thinking about that... nearly caused a dreamlike state.

And with Cid taking care of the straight-jacket wearer, there would time for FOOD and a BATH!

"Why yes, Jyu. Let's just see how much of a chef 'your man' is," I replied with a smirk quickly replacing the smile upon my face. As of now, my mind couldn't help but wander into the vast unknown - continuing to ask questions about exactly what we'd be eating tonight and when we'd be able to go to sleep. From what I recalled, I've been neglecting my bed for a few weeks now; If you could say that.

My attention averting from Jyuuki and Raven, to Cid, the Crazy Guy, Echo... and finally my eyes locked onto Vitty, only to have an 'odd' (if you could call it that) expression make it's way over the smirk. I was known as a person of a thousand faces, and was truly proud of that but now... I could use it for some good use! "So, Mister Chef~ Ready for a food challenge? I'm sure all three of us have a variety of different tastes. Might be picky, or might be gluttons" I joked, trying my upmost best not to start laughing. Jyuuki always knew how I got when it came towards food; and you would be feeling the same.

I mean, after all of this tomfoolery (ew, did I learn that word from Cid?!) wouldn't you just want to sit back and relax?! AND TAKE A BATH, FER CRYING OUT LOUD! Jyuuki, Raven and myself--- we smell like a polluted pond, and alot of other things. That I wish not to talk about, so quit asking and even wondering at that matter.

Yeah, you don't want to go around smelling like that any longer than five freakin' minutes!

I wondered, was this our so-called break? After everything we've done today -and I even performed a skydive that I don't even remember- we deserve this. Gawsh.

Edited by Sakura~Kitsune, 12 January 2009 - 05:00 AM.

#269 Yoko

Yoko

Summoning Master

• ANBU
  • 1,465 posts

Posted 12 January 2009 - 05:12 AM

Echo COULD take this as a chance to, y'know, get out of here. And not pay. That is, if she had a WAY to get out of here, and she liked this bar. It was rather exciting! She'd like to stick around, but maybe the sniper rifle was like a HATEMENAO sign or something.

She wasn't too sure. But she DID have to pay still. As such, she strides towards the bar counter, the amount of money she needed in hand. At least, she thought she needed.

"So, how much was that again?" Whether she's asking herself, or someone else... well. Who knows? ♥

#270 krisk

krisk

S-Class Missing-nin

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,831 posts

Posted 12 January 2009 - 05:15 AM

QUOTE (Sakura Blossoms @ Jan 11 2009, 10:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I laughed kinda embarrassed because I hadn't had a boyfriend -- a real boyfriend -- in so long. It's not like I was a prude or romantically inept or a nun-student or anything like that, it's just my circumstance and my lifestyle wasn't that of 'settling down' with. It just didn't work out that way when I worked and lived in a bar. And not to mention, that bar was a breeze-way bar; people came to recooperate, people left when they were ready. It was like, we held the key to stopping time for them just for a moment. Cid's bar was the place where a war-hero or a social worker or anything like that could just leave his or her reality, their life, and relax for a bit. A stolen moment in time.

That and I wasn't so sure if that boyfriend was a boyfriend. Eh, well that was a conversation for later. Oh my gawd maybe that night! It's a date then, because this day proved that it was gonna happen-- whether it was planned or not.

I breathed out as I leaned playfully against Raven with a grin. "Yeah sure, we could make him cook for us! I mean, why not? He'd need to sooner or later-- I heard him tell Cid somethin' about him cooking-- so we're being all awesome and polite by giving him the chance right now! So really, Vitty owes us." I snickered nudging them. I had used super powered reverse psychological reasoning to go from us thanking him to him owing us a favor. This was a good day.

QUOTE (Sakura~Kitsune @ Jan 11 2009, 10:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
"Why yes, Jyu. Let's just see how much of a chef 'you man' is," I replied with a smirk quickly replacing the smile upon my face. As of now, my mind couldn't help but wander into the vast unknown - continuing to ask questions about exactly what we'd be eating tonight and when we'd be able to go to sleep. From what I recalled, I've been neglecting my bed for a few weeks now; If you could say that.

My attention averting from Jyuuki and Raven, to Cid, the Crazy Guy, Echo... and finally my eyes locked onto Vitty, only to have an 'odd' (if you could call it that) expression make it's way over the smirk. I was known as a person of a thousand faces, and was truly proud of that but now... I could use it for some good use! "So, Mister Chef~ Ready for a food challenge? I'm sure all three of us have a variety of different tastes. Might be picky, or might be gluttons" I joked, trying my upmost best not to start laughing. Jyuuki always knew how I got when it came towards food; and you would be feeling the same.

"Or all of the abo~~~~~ve!" I sang in a sing-song voice, looking over at Vitty with grin. Oh he knew how I liked to eat-- and hey, I liked to brag that I was one that enjoyed eating. If you'd hear about the eating competitions between a few brave customers and Shihna and I we could definitely tell you-- we got paid very nicely those days. With our cook confirmed I got all excited because finally we were gonna end this long-overdue stretching day that really was resiliant against ending. "C'mon then! Let's go already!" My hazel-eyes lit up like a christmas tree, imagining all the different dishes Vitty would slide us. Or that apron. Oh my gawd, the excitement is too freaking exciting.

"Gawdgawdgawdgawdgawd," I pulled Raven and Shihna towards the bar and pulled them through the doors. "Shihn! Where's that frilly hot pink mistress of the night apron I bought ya in hopes of getting more business at? Remember the one that I made ya wear? The one you threatened to burn? Did you actually burn it? Aw, tell me? Vitty needs... uh, protection from the deadly stains during our dinner preparation." I babbled as I held her hands, hopping up and down as the apron conjoured up a thousand and one images. And all the laughing. And the pictures for later. And the liscencing to mock forever and ever.

#271 Denim88

Denim88

I have my moments, believe it or not.

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 748 posts
  • Interests:Hm, interests...well, I was one of those crazy nuts that knew all the pokemon back when that was the big thing...still do know them all (cough). I happen to be a very strong supporter of NarutoxSakura pairing. I really enjoy wildlife and the outdoors. I'm a gamer I guess...yeah, okay, I am. Let's see, what else could I put down...um, I love reading, writing, and biking too. Comedy movies are the best...um yeah. Kind of a weak interests section, but whatever.<br /><br />Ah, yes, I guess I should mention that my stories are also able to be viewed on fanfiction.net. You can find me under the name Denim88 on there too.

Posted 12 January 2009 - 05:16 AM

"Well...so it seems a psycho-ward victim escaped on the ship..." I said to myself. Hm...the guy must have been somewhat intelligent if he actually hijacked the ship...although...he looked like he'd need medical attention. I was about to voice my concern on the issue when...

QUOTE (Sakura~Kitsune @ Jan 11 2009, 10:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
"Why yes, Jyu. Let's just see how much of a chef 'your man' is," I replied with a smirk quickly replacing the smile upon my face. As of now, my mind couldn't help but wander into the vast unknown - continuing to ask questions about exactly what we'd be eating tonight and when we'd be able to go to sleep. From what I recalled, I've been neglecting my bed for a few weeks now; If you could say that.

I would have protested...would be the key word, if it wasn't for the fact that I had suggested being cook. I felt my shoulders slump in defeat, but smirked, "Tch, seems I've got no choice. All right then, give me a moment." I trucked back to my transport and dug around in the back seat area.

"Ah HA!" I yelled, and pulled out an apron with a fat pig wearing a chef's hat that read 'Kiss the Cook' on it. I grinned; this was my pride and joy from back in the day out in the Mithran desert when we were living off bare essentials...sort of anyway. We ate anything...and I was the cook. Let me just say this; lizard actually tastes pretty good when you're hungry enough.

"Okay!" I yelled in a rare case of enthusiasm, "Prepare to have your socks knocked off!" I ran off to the bar's interior, and headed into the area where the kitchen presumably was. I opened the swinging door, and clapped my hands together as I looked at my new turf.

"Heheheh...oh, this will be great. Yes...a slow cooker...a crock pot, oh, a deep fryer, impressive...stove, oven..." I nodded. This would suffice. I'd have to suggest getting an ice cream machine later for shakes. You can't have a restaurant without shakes...

"Okay...let's see what we can do here..." I opened the pantry, and smirked. Cid kept the spices and ingredients updated...though it looked as though the kitchen hadn't been used in a while. The fridge looked good and well stocked...vegetables, dairy, perishables, fruits...tons of meats in the freezer, "...not bad, Cid...not bad." I spoke to myself.

I took a few things, kicked on the stove and oven, and whistled as I chopped away at some vegetables. A nice stew, vegetable pasta, and roast would do well for dinner. Heck, the ladies looked famished...

The kitchen seemed to come to life as I busied myself with the cooking. I needed one more thing to complete this place...please have it, please...YES!

I found a decent sized radio, and plugged it into the wall, happy to hear it already playing some classic rock music. Yes...I think I'll fit in nice...just have to make sure to have a good dessert to win them all over...and if they didn't like...well, I'd have to go to old "Camp Cooky" mode and make sure they feel guilty about all the time and effort I put into that food. They better clean their plates, cause some people don't have a good meal like this every day!

Then it dawned upon me...I thought back to something Jyuuki said earlier...I poked my head out the serving window of the kitchen and yelled, "I'm NOT wearing any 'frilly-pink apron'! I got my "Camp Cooky" apron right here!!! SEE?!" No one made me wear any other kind of apron, no one...well, except for that one time when Jyuuki gave me he pouting look and begged me to wear the over-sized polka-dot apron...but that was IT!

Gimme a break, 'kay?

Denim88's fanfiction page!!!

#272 Sakura Blossoms

Sakura Blossoms

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 8,418 posts

Posted 12 January 2009 - 05:36 AM

QUOTE (Yoko @ Jan 12 2009, 12:12 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
"So, how much was that again?" Whether she's asking herself, or someone else... well. Who knows? ♥

I looked curiously over at Jyu and Shin, and asked them with a slightly sheepish laugh, "uh, can you guys answer this one? I'm not sure how the pricing of drinks go yet."

QUOTE (Denim88 @ Jan 12 2009, 12:16 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I took a few things, kicked on the stove and oven, and whistled as I chopped away at some vegetables. A nice stew, vegetable pasta, and roast would do well for dinner. Heck, the ladies looked famished...

The kitchen seemed to come to life as I busied myself with the cooking. I needed one more thing to complete this place...please have it, please...YES!

I wanted to sit around and watch 'Vitty' cook, but I was feeling all kinds of ick and yuck from the yucky pond water, and especially from being on the run for so long without a decent place to sleep, eat, or bath.

"Uh, is there a shower that I can use to get cleaned up? And also, uh...can I borrow a pair of jammies from either of you...I don't really have anything to wear besides what I'm wearing now," I said, as I dropped my eyes to the floor in embarrassment.

#273 krisk

krisk

S-Class Missing-nin

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,831 posts

Posted 12 January 2009 - 05:36 AM

I heard the music start and I knew crap, he had already started. It wasn't surprising that he'd succumbed to what we had decided. I mean we were three gorgeous young women, and he was a man. So--but-- FEH I expected more resilience you stupid Commander idiot! Oh well, I guess I shouldn't be surprised-- I remembered back at the compounds, he'd actually help the lunch ladies cook our meals.

Awwww.
QUOTE (Denim88 @ Jan 11 2009, 11:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Then it dawned upon me...I thought back to something Jyuuki said earlier...I poked my head out the serving window of the kitchen and yelled, "I'm NOT wearing any 'frilly-pink apron'! I got my "Camp Cooky" apron right here!!! SEE?!" No one made me wear any other kind of apron, no one...well, except for that one time when Jyuuki gave me he pouting look and begged me to wear the over-sized polka-dot apron...but that was IT!

Not so much 'Awww' anymore.

I interrupted my interrogation of my long-haired coworker and blinked at the door to the kitchen-- but ignored his gutless threat all the same. I mean really what was the dealio with wearing a harmless (freaking hilaroius) totally innocent (that seemed to attract all kinds of things) piece of clothing (operative word was 'piece')? I didn't see eye-to-eye with the cook, so I decided to brush it off after a "THAT THING IS SO OLD VITTY! I HAVE A BETTER ONE FOR YOU, TRUUUUST ME!" shouted back.

I looked back at Shihna's pondering face with a panicked look.

"Crapcrapcrap! He's already started! Shihn, your memory sucks. Or you're hiding that you burnt it and making me wait in torture for your obvious answer of an 'I dunno' or a 'maybe it was blahblahblah'." I whined as I pulled her arms like it was gonna recharge her memory or something. I waited for her to say something-- the tension rose when she opened her mouth...only to close it again in deep thought. I blinked before growling and thinking 'JOIFJWOAIFJEOFI!!!1' Why does she do these things!?

"Shihn - uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!"

QUOTE (Sakura Blossoms @ Jan 11 2009, 11:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I looked curiously over at Jyu and Shin, and asked them with a slightly sheepish laugh, "uh, can you guys answer this one? I'm not sure how the pricing of drinks go yet."

I stopped my nagging at Shihna, who was all wide-eyed and feigned innocence like she didn't know about the goddang Mistress of the Night Apron, and looked over at Raven before setting glaring eyes onto Echo-- who'd snuck into the bar behind us -- I'd guessed. I squinted before getting in her face again and pointing at Shihna. "...Twenty twenty-five. Give it to her." I really felt like being short with the clashing fashion statement with legs until I got rightfully deserved boozesauce payment from her.

"Uh, is there a shower that I can use to get cleaned up? And also, uh...can I borrow a pair of jammies from either of you...I don't really have anything to wear besides what I'm wearing now," I said, as I dropped my eyes to the floor in embarrassment.

I unglared myself and looked over towards Raven, who was bashfully asking for some lend-me-on's or something. I grinned, remembering I'd really hadn't had crap when I was in her position (not exactly the same) in the past.

I ambled on over to her and leaned against her with an elbow propped on her shoulder. "Ohhh, that's right huh? Well, 'course you can borrow a pair of something from our closets! No sweat! I can show ya where the shower is too if ya want." I offered, eyeing the kitchen and then Shihna, sending the Oh I'll find that Mistress of the Night apron sooner or later, you just wait Mister Commanding the Kitchen Pants-- and you too, Miss I Believe I Can Fly.

#274 Yoko

Yoko

Summoning Master

• ANBU
  • 1,465 posts

Posted 12 January 2009 - 07:16 AM

QUOTE (krisk @ Jan 12 2009, 12:36 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I stopped my nagging at Shihna, who was all wide-eyed and feigned innocence like she didn't know about the goddang Mistress of the Night Apron, and looked over at Raven before setting glaring eyes onto Echo-- who'd snuck into the bar behind us -- I'd guessed. I squinted before getting in her face again and pointing at Shihna. "...Twenty twenty-five. Give it to her." I really felt like being short with the clashing fashion statement with legs until I got rightfully deserved boozesauce payment from her.

Echo whistles, dark, tucking a strand of almost black, purple hair behind her ear. Maybe she'd change the color in a day or two. "That's it?" She shrugs. "Whatever~" With a grin, she hands the money to the other girl. She may have heard her name, but she must've forgotten. "There, all paid for. I may be an assassin, but I am no thief."

She smoothes the wrinkles in her white shirt and smiles. "Pleasure doing business with you. ♥"

#275 Recompense

Recompense

Shameful Member of the YEAR!!

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 360 posts

Posted 12 January 2009 - 07:46 AM

Gareth looked at the crazy yelly man. Was he a yodeler? He needed a yodeling suit. and a horn. Or was it called a yodel?

QUICK! FIRE THE YODEL HYPER-BEAM CANNOOOOOOON!!!

"BAH! Fine! I'll make it up to you with MONEY, mr. Money-wanter! Greed is a sin!"

D:<

Gareth was tired, and as such, curled up for a nap right there on the parking platform.
I'm just sitting here. Wondering what it'd be like To be with you.

#276 shadow_Uzumaki

shadow_Uzumaki

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,089 posts

Posted 12 January 2009 - 09:37 PM

"AHHHH-" He stopped himself as the crazy wacko curled up on the platform and began to sleep. "Huh, whatever." He shrugged and walked back to the bar, intent on getting some prune juice and going to the bathroom. The day's events made his stomach feel weird. As he walked past Echo he said, "Come again sometime...." and continued on, past his new cook with a, "Don't burn my kitchen and watch out, Jyu might pounce on you with that garish, gaudy apron...." and continued to the bathroom.

#277 Denim88

Denim88

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 748 posts
  • Interests:Hm, interests...well, I was one of those crazy nuts that knew all the pokemon back when that was the big thing...still do know them all (cough). I happen to be a very strong supporter of NarutoxSakura pairing. I really enjoy wildlife and the outdoors. I'm a gamer I guess...yeah, okay, I am. Let's see, what else could I put down...um, I love reading, writing, and biking too. Comedy movies are the best...um yeah. Kind of a weak interests section, but whatever.<br /><br />Ah, yes, I guess I should mention that my stories are also able to be viewed on fanfiction.net. You can find me under the name Denim88 on there too.

Posted 12 January 2009 - 10:20 PM

QUOTE (shadow_Uzumaki @ Jan 12 2009, 03:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
"AHHHH-" He stopped himself as the crazy wacko curled up on the platform and began to sleep. "Huh, whatever." He shrugged and walked back to the bar, intent on getting some prune juice and going to the bathroom. The day's events made his stomach feel weird. As he walked past Echo he said, "Come again sometime...." and continued on, past his new cook with a, "Don't burn my kitchen and watch out, Jyu might pounce on you with that garish, gaudy apron...." and continued to the bathroom.

I looked at my new (I assumed I was hired, but I could be wrong) employer, and nodded, "Burn the kitchen? Not a chance, but you have my word anyway." I gave him a nod, but then thought on the latter part of what he said, "...Jyuuki..."

I narrowed my eyes and looked around the kitchen; that little kunoichi would have to wake up pretty damn early if she thought she could ambush me. Not to mention that Shihna was likely to get involved. Raven? Meh...she seemed like a good enough person not to do that to me...but I've learned to always keep a close eye on the quiet ones...yes...those three were for the time being the enemy.

"Thanks for the warning, Cid." I began to stir the stew a bit as I added a few more seasonings while looking over my shoulder every few minutes.

...no one was going to make me wear the apron without receiving a fight...

"Hold down the fort, Ferrumo...hold down the fort. This'll just be like the three day battle in that little Bangaa fortress in the north..."

Gimme a break, 'kay?

#278 shadow_Uzumaki

shadow_Uzumaki

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,089 posts

Posted 13 January 2009 - 02:34 AM

"Oh! Forgot my prune juice!" Cid walked back to the kitchen, surveying Ferrumo's kitchen etiquette for a few minutes. "What are your intentions towards Jyuuki?" He crossed his arms in front of his chest and leaned on the counter.

#279 Denim88

Denim88

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 748 posts

Posted 13 January 2009 - 04:40 AM

QUOTE (shadow_Uzumaki @ Jan 12 2009, 08:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
"Oh! Forgot my prune juice!" Cid walked back to the kitchen, surveying Ferrumo's kitchen etiquette for a few minutes. "What are your intentions towards Jyuuki?" He crossed his arms in front of his chest and leaned on the counter.

I had been carrying a large bowl to serve the stew in when I dropped it on my foot, "GAH! Ouch!" I bit the leather on my vest as I refrained from shouting obscenities. I looked to the man, still surprised by the forwardness of his question.

"Sir...with all due respect, I love her. She's someone that's helped me become stronger. She understood me, and didn't take crap from anyone, or let anyone do the same to me." I looked him in the eyes, "...if you have a problem with that...than I'm sorry. That's just how it is."

I picked up the bowl, glad it didn't shatter, and continued, "...I know a lot about her. We were..." I hesitated. Jyuuki should be telling this...well, it was my story as well. Honesty was the best answer, "...we were both in the Republic army for awhile. She was a ninja, of course, and a damn good one. She was one of the best recon and tracking officers we had. I think she could have gone further...but she wasn't one to care for titles and such...neither do I really."

I set the bowl on the counter, and sighed, "Listen, Cid. I can tell that you care a lot for her...but...believe me when I say I care for her well being before my own...though if she heard me say that she'd probably flay me alive. She doesn't like me talking like this; makes her angry and emotional..." I chuckled, "...she's one tough cookie. Anyway, like I said, I care for her. I'll wait for her...give her time. If she's not interested, I at least want to stay friends."

I stared at the man, and was amazed by his stature. He hadn't flinched, "...you really are a war vet, aren't you? I'm certain that I'd probably never have wanted to meet you on the battle field had you been younger...er...no offense...as far as age."

Well, I had said it. There it was; my confession. Now, Cid could kick me out of here. I'd probably protest at first, but then eventually have to leave. Jyuuki would hate have me get in trouble...but...would she want me gone? Honestly, I don't think she'd be happy...though...I still didn't know where she stood as far as how she felt.

Gimme a break, 'kay?

#280 Sakura~Kitsune

Sakura~Kitsune

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,486 posts

Posted 13 January 2009 - 05:56 AM

QUOTE (Denim88 @ Jan 13 2009, 12:40 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I had been carrying a large bowl to serve the stew in when I dropped it on my foot, "GAH! Ouch!" I bit the leather on my vest as I refrained from shouting obscenities. I looked to the man, still surprised by the forwardness of his question.

"Sir...with all due respect, I love her. She's someone that's helped me become stronger. She understood me, and didn't take crap from anyone, or let anyone do the same to me." I looked him in the eyes, "...if you have a problem with that...than I'm sorry. That's just how it is."

I picked up the bowl, glad it didn't shatter, and continued, "...I know a lot about her. We were..." I hesitated. Jyuuki should be telling this...well, it was my story as well. Honesty was the best answer, "...we were both in the Republic army for awhile. She was a ninja, of course, and a damn good one. She was one of the best recon and tracking officers we had. I think she could have gone further...but she wasn't one to care for titles and such...neither do I really."

I set the bowl on the counter, and sighed, "Listen, Cid. I can tell that you care a lot for her...but...believe me when I say I care for her well being before my own...though if she heard me say that she'd probably flay me alive. She doesn't like me talking like this; makes her angry and emotional..." I chuckled, "...she's one tough cookie. Anyway, like I said, I care for her. I'll wait for her...give her time. If she's not interested, I at least want to stay friends."

"Good answer there~" I chuckled with a small smile, as I made my way through the kitchen and to the back of the cooking area. Taking careful steps, there were moments in which I balanced myself on hands or even attempted jumping over a few things; whenever it came to being around Cid's Bar, I felt at home. Simply felt that I was able to do anything as I wished... basically because I had my own shot of freedom and that was still so new to me, something that I hoped to cherish as long as I was alive... and was a member of this crazy family. On the other hand, my little performance (as of now) wasn't just simple show, since it seemed the quickest way to actually complete something was when you went 'the difficult way'. But if you ask me, this stuff was easy... just hard to the whiney people around me. Glancing about, my eyes caught hold of something familar. And not only did I feel my face scruntch up in disappointment, but my cheeks were surely somewhat enflamed. We were going to have to get this over with sooner or later, and Jyuuki could finally be happy with SOMETHING rather than food.

My right foot taking hold of the untouched fabric, a sigh released from my lips as I pulled out the dreaded Mistress of the Night Apron. Not only did this thing seem like it belonged in a peep show, but I couldn't believe that Jyuuki had actually forced me to wear it that one night. Cid wouldn't dare to even glance at me, and it only got worse when I had to go outside to attract some business. Is it just me, or was I simply dubbed the Mascot of Cid's Bar? And such a scenario had taken place with clothing other than this apron... ugh. Just thinking about it is making me wish I could stuff myself in a trunk for a few months, and let everything pass by.

Because for goddess sake! Do you realize how embarrassing that was?! And I really, really REALLY didn't think that Vitty would want to wear something like this. I was positive (from the bottom of my heart) that we'd have to fight him just to get the freakin' thing on, and I should know. It took about an hour or two to get me to submit to the stupid frills and ribbons and gawd.

"Jyu~uki. Don't you remember? I couldn't burn this thing because for some 'odd' reason, anything that was capable of starting an instant fire WASN'T working," With a laugh, I held up this so called 'prized possession' seeing if memories would start swarming back into either Jyuuki or Cid's heads. That certain night was something else, I'll have you know. Sure, it was similar to our other cosplay specials or whatever you wanted to call them - but this time, it was only me and me alone. Rather than feeling sorry for me as she usually did, this airhead of a ninja decided to continue with the snapping of the pictures and the constant laughing, and that was when the whole 'I'll burn this!' threat started.

But I never got to that dream, now did I?

And that is why it's been in the very faaaaar back of the kitchen, hidden in that so-called secret cabinet that never opened unless you hit it with something. But there were some ways to open that stupid non-lockable piece of wood. Just had to be clever enough, and have the right box of weapons with you~!

Still in my possesion, I could only laugh at the thoughts in which took over my sub-conscience. Who knew what Jyuuki would do now that the glorious pink apron was out of it's hiding place. But I knew for a fact that none of us were safe... Unless you count the facts that Jyuuki would never put this thing on someone who still smelled like a polluted pond. Where the hell was that bathtub / shower when you needed it? "Maybe after the important things, we can go back to the issue of who's going to be wearing this," I asked suddenly, tossing the apron over to Jyuuki since I knew she would tackle me for it anyway. With a roll of the eyes, I allowed myself to stretch my limbs before getting fed up with this whole situation yet again.

It was close to nightfall. And I was downright cold, hungry and wanted to go to sleep sooner or later. But maybe after my stargazing? Yeah, that would be a nice thing to see before drifting off to sleep. I can see it now...

I stared at the man, and was amazed by his stature. He hadn't flinched, "...you really are a war vet, aren't you? I'm certain that I'd probably never have wanted to meet you on the battle field had you been younger...er...no offense...as far as age."

...And like that, all stargazing / sleepytime thoughts washed away.

Soon enough, my hands had found themselves upon my face.

Trying my best not to laugh; I don't think ANY of us would have wanted to meet Cid on the battlefield years before... although I couldn't help but wonder if he had the vein back then too. Heeeey, Ciiiiidddd? Nah. I wouldn't ask him. Not yet.

Must make a mental note to remember that one~

"...Wait, Prune Juice? Dude, you drink that stuff?! You really are getting old, it seems..."

Edited by Sakura~Kitsune, 13 January 2009 - 05:58 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users