Change

somebody who never wins

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,844 posts
  • Interests:Peace
    Curl up, take a nap, and never wake up

Posted 10 August 2014 - 11:35 PM

Because she put aside her feelings for Sasuke in favour of Naruto's wellbeing.She acted a bit heroine-like by wanting to resolve Sasuke's problem.Her resolve was better than Naruto's who fainted.

Fair enough
Now, do you think she still loves him romantically?

Posted Image

#26322 Kyaerai

Kyaerai

My faith in humanity.

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 733 posts

Posted 10 August 2014 - 11:42 PM

That was so OOC for Naruto lol I would never have expected him to hyperventilate.
WqQwzgf.gif

#26323 Sakamaki Izayoi

Sakamaki Izayoi

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,679 posts

Posted 10 August 2014 - 11:44 PM

Fair enough
Now, do you think she still loves him romantically?

No.
I think she has yet to fall in love with him.
On this war arc she hasnt demonstrated that she's in love with him, Naruto's death could be a hint but Kishimoto delivered an emotionless scene on which Sakura spoke about Naruto's dream of wanting to be kage when he didnt give two fucs for like 200+ chapters, instead of focusing on herself.
It ended on the war arc, Sakura showing the same feelings that his other friends also displayed towards Naruto.
The truth is that despite shipping NS, and having the MK parallel, i still see a strong hint of an open ending.
And this Naruto's movie is most likely to follow this route but i'm not holding into this.
Even if NS happens i doubt it will be a clear conclusion of her feelings, since Kishimoto is bad writing a lot lately.
SK-303_image007.jpg

#26324 Change

Change

somebody who never wins

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,844 posts
  • Interests:Peace
    Curl up, take a nap, and never wake up

Posted 10 August 2014 - 11:47 PM

No.I think she has yet to fall in love with him.On this war arc she hasnt demonstrated that she's in love with him, Naruto's death could be a hint but Kishimoto delivered an emotionless scene on which Sakura spoke about Naruto's dream of wanting to be kage when he didnt give two fucs for like 200+ chapters, instead of focusing on herself.It ended on the war arc, Sakura showing the same feelings that his other friends also displayed towards Naruto.The truth is that despite shipping NS, and having the MK parallel, i still see a strong hint of an open ending.And this Naruto's movie is most likely to follow this route but i'm not holding into this.Even if NS happens i doubt it will be a clear conclusion of her feelings, since Kishimoto is bad writing a lot lately.

To each their own I guess
I think an open ending is the dumbest thing he can do, but that's my opinion.
I still disagree with everything you say though

Edited by TheMagicConch, 10 August 2014 - 11:54 PM.

Posted Image

#26325 Nostradamus

Nostradamus

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,021 posts

Posted 10 August 2014 - 11:48 PM

That was so OOC for Naruto lol I would never have expected him to hyperventilate.

Not really in the entire part 2 of the manga, Naruto has been constantly chasing after his lost love. The entire plot basically became "Naruto must save boyfriend" and by saving this boyfriend that doesn't really want to be saved and doesn't want to have anything to do with Naruto, but Naruto is just too stupid to actually see this, all things that Naruto wants will magically happen. Becoming Hokage, changing the Hyuuga clan, bringing peace in the world etc. 

CZSn9hA.jpg

Which I've told you - time and time again - is dangerous! There will never be consensus, son, among those you have helped to ascend. They will all differ in their views of what it means to be free. The peace you so desperately seek does not exist.

These men are united now by a common cause. But when this battle is finished they will fall to fighting amongst themselves about how best to ensure control. In time it will lead to war. You will see.

#26326 Khaleesi

Khaleesi

Mother of dragons

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,237 posts

Posted 10 August 2014 - 11:54 PM

You say Sakura was in love with Naruto, the interview says he's close with a confused meaning and confirms she loves Sasuke.

And you say she was honest on the confession.

The interview contradicts the notion she was being honest with her feelings and the manga itself, if she was honest why she headbutted Naruto when he called her his gf or even way before not acting as a girl who's in love with him and still dealing with the conflict of her feelings for Sasuke.
This interpretation makes no sense.

Interviewer: "Because of this, she acted quite haughty towards that guy. She used Naruto’s love for her and told him she loved him."

Kishimoto: "On the contrary…. I felt like depicting an honest girl, with a surprisingly stubborn impression.”

dumbo-pink-elephants-on-parade1.gif?w=50

queen-harley.tumblr.com

#26327 questdrivencollie

questdrivencollie

trainer of ninja hounds

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,735 posts
  • Interests:Art, music, anime & manga, animals, dog training & behavior

"If I stumble, take a tumble
    Go ahead serve me another
    And if I fall I’ll give it my all
    ‘Cause the fall is half the fight "

Posted 10 August 2014 - 11:55 PM

I thought it added a more human element to his character. He may be the hero and he may be the most important character in the story, but anybody is going to be overwhelmed by stress at some point. What's important is, he moved past it. Because he's the hero, he didn't stay there.

People can relate to a character with faults, human limitations, and pain that they move past more than they can a superhuman character who accomplishes everything with ease.

Edited by questdrivencollie, 10 August 2014 - 11:58 PM.

tumblr_inline_nt19in1cWl1sat1vz_540_zpsd
"Don't ever turn me loose
Even when I turn my back"
~Relient K

#26328 Sakamaki Izayoi

Sakamaki Izayoi

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,679 posts

Posted 10 August 2014 - 11:57 PM

Interviewer: "Because of this, she acted quite haughty towards that guy. She used Naruto’s love for her and told him she loved him."[/size]

Kishimoto: "On the contrary…. I felt like depicting an honest girl, with a surprisingly stubborn impression.”[/size]
I think that he responded the part the interview says that she acted haughty towards Naruto, she wanst that.

Also depicting an honest girl doesnt mean that her words were honest, she did a quite acting on that scene she pretended she came just to confess to Naruto and that already raised a lot of questions.
Her answer towards naruto question that she loves Naruto doesnt make sense, why only after Sasuke enters on the akatsuki she suddenly falls in love with Naruto because she realized that he was always at her side and etc...
I cant buy that sorry.

there's still development to follow up and Naruto has yet to end her self deprectiating attitude.

Edited by Dαrkrєrsŧ, 11 August 2014 - 12:00 AM.

SK-303_image007.jpg

#26329 rocci

rocci

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,708 posts

Posted 11 August 2014 - 12:02 AM

@nostradamus
Naruto show concern when someone in danger or dangerous situation.
Before war arc, Naruto think about sasuke like a "lover" because sasuke always in dangerous situation. From being use by orochimaru, kill by akatsuki, and becoming an akatsuki member himself to the point wrecking a kage meeting.

I think after land of iron, naruto & sasuke already become equal. It's good for naruto because we doesn't need to see naruto worried about sasuke ALL TIME.

#26330 Sakamaki Izayoi

Sakamaki Izayoi

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,679 posts

Posted 11 August 2014 - 12:08 AM

@nostradamus
Naruto show concern when someone in danger or dangerous situation.
Before war arc, Naruto think about sasuke like a "lover" because sasuke always in dangerous situation. From being use by orochimaru, kill by akatsuki, and becoming an akatsuki member himself to the point wrecking a kage meeting.

This is the reason why disliked that scene, he hyperventilated because his friends decided to kill Sasuke completely ignoring that Sakura(the girl he loves)was going to fight Sasuke an opponent he knew very well she had no chance on even touching him, despite having his waifu and his friends in great danger he hyperventilates because some dude that left the village 3 years ago and became a nukenin was on the bingo book.
SK-303_image007.jpg

#26331 questdrivencollie

questdrivencollie

trainer of ninja hounds

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,735 posts

Posted 11 August 2014 - 12:14 AM

How can we be sure the reasons behind it weren't manyfold? As in, concern over Sasuke, as well as the safety of everyone else in dealing with him?

It has been a while since I saw that portion of the story, but just an idea.

~Relient K

#26332 Kyaerai

Kyaerai

My faith in humanity.

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 733 posts

Posted 11 August 2014 - 12:16 AM

Not really in the entire part 2 of the manga, Naruto has been constantly chasing after his lost love. The entire plot basically became "Naruto must save boyfriend" and by saving this boyfriend that doesn't really want to be saved and doesn't want to have anything to do with Naruto, but Naruto is just too stupid to actually see this, all things that Naruto wants will magically happen. Becoming Hokage, changing the Hyuuga clan, bringing peace in the world etc.

Seriously Sasunaru is so canon omfg
WqQwzgf.gif

#26333 Khaleesi

Khaleesi

Mother of dragons

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,237 posts

Posted 11 August 2014 - 12:21 AM

I think that he responded the part the interview says that she acted haughty towards Naruto, she wanst that.

Also depicting an honest girl doesnt mean that her words were honest, she did a quite acting on that scene she pretended she came just to confess to Naruto and that already raised a lot of questions.
Her answer towards naruto question that she loves Naruto doesnt make sense, why only after Sasuke enters on the akatsuki she suddenly falls in love with Naruto because she realized that he was always at her side and etc...
I cant buy that sorry.

there's still development to follow up and Naruto has yet to end her self deprectiating attitude.

I think she has to solve her feelings toward Sasuke. If Kishimoto aproves this it would be abusive ._. But everyone knows that Kishimoto doesn't know how to correctly develop a woman, even less how a woman's heart works, like he said. 

We don't say that she would magically be attracted to Naruto. Naruto beeing at her side is something that she was realising since kids. Databook 3: En su infancia, Sasuke era el objeto de su anhelo, que posteriormente serian sentimientos amorosos. Naruto solo era la molestia que se entrometeria entre Sasuke y ella, y que arruinaria el dia de alguna manera. Pero echando una vista al pasado, después de llevar a cabo algunas misiones juntos, Sakura de pronto se dio cuenta. En los momentos dolorosos, cuando hasta habia renunciado a la voluntad de vivir, la persona que le habia protegido y animado, era Naruto, el que se suponia que era el pesado… Que sentimientos alberga hacia Naruto?... Por ahora, Sakura no ha encontrado la respuesta. 

Pag. 3

-¿Acaso su corazon late inesperadamente rapido ante el imprevisto y veloz crecimiento de su amigo de la infancia…? 

-Al segundo siguiente, su puñetazo vuela en un abrir y cerra de ojos y lo golpea! Es Naruto un enorme pesado…? 

(Try to translate please, i'm too lasy) The thing is, Kishimoto has said Sakura's feelings toward Naruto are not clear right now.

dumbo-pink-elephants-on-parade1.gif?w=50

queen-harley.tumblr.com

#26334 Sakamaki Izayoi

Sakamaki Izayoi

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,679 posts

Posted 11 August 2014 - 12:23 AM

How can we be sure the reasons behind it weren't manyfold? As in, concern over Sasuke, as well as the safety of everyone else in dealing with him?

It has been a while since I saw that portion of the story, but just an idea.

After Gaara tells him that he should be a good friend for Sasuke like Sasuke did with him, in other words he had to kill him himself to protect his friends that were wanting to help him.
He start thinking about the recent events, from up to the part he gets beat down by those fodders of Kumogakure towards Gaara's speech passing though Itachi and his conversation with Madara(Obito).
He hyperventilates and gets uncounciouss.
SK-303_image007.jpg

#26335 elmas

elmas

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,445 posts

Posted 11 August 2014 - 12:24 AM

naruto is like hinata tbh they have obsessions.I know this is all about friendship but Naruto never asked sasıke to come back to the village,what he did was chasing.He wants to save him but it's too much bromance to handle 

tumblr_nipy94W2uE1tjr97wo2_500.gif

#26336 Hiraishin

Hiraishin

infinite

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,021 posts

Posted 11 August 2014 - 12:24 AM

I hated that lmao.

narusaku_ss_by_Cynthi.jpg

#26337 Sakamaki Izayoi

Sakamaki Izayoi

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,679 posts

Posted 11 August 2014 - 12:27 AM

Yes, he never actually put an effort to bring peace on the world, but that's already happening on the war arc without him actually putting an effort, he's going to be hokage already despite not having the qualifications to be so just because of connections (friends) which for me is equal to corruption just like how Tsunade didnt put Sasuke on the bingo book because of Naruto and Sakura's feelings when it was one of the main rules of the village, desertors became nukenin and end of story no other shinobi had this privilege.
Worse is that akatsuki wasnt even chasing him down at first they were after Sasuke too since Sasuke was on Obito's plans, Naruto never actually wanted to save the bijuu and it's jinchuurikis at first despite they were people he could relate too, he needed to save his lost boyfriend who didnt wanted to be saved when there were people who needed his help.

Edited by Dαrkrєrsŧ, 11 August 2014 - 12:28 AM.

SK-303_image007.jpg

#26338 Sakamaki Izayoi

Sakamaki Izayoi

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,679 posts

Posted 11 August 2014 - 12:35 AM

I think she has to solve her feelings toward Sasuke. If Kishimoto aproves this it would be abusive ._. But everyone knows that Kishimoto doesn't know how to correctly develop a woman, even less how a woman's heart works, like he said. 
We don't say that she would magically be attracted to Naruto. Naruto beeing at her side is something that she was realising since kids. Databook 3: En su infancia, Sasuke era el objeto de su anhelo, que posteriormente serian sentimientos amorosos. Naruto solo era la molestia que se entrometeria entre Sasuke y ella, y que arruinaria el dia de alguna manera. Pero echando una vista al pasado, después de llevar a cabo algunas misiones juntos, Sakura de pronto se dio cuenta. En los momentos dolorosos, cuando hasta habia renunciado a la voluntad de vivir, la persona que le habia protegido y animado, era Naruto, el que se suponia que era el pesado… Que sentimientos alberga hacia Naruto?... Por ahora, Sakura no ha encontrado la respuesta.

i know this but now i felt it more like teasing than actually proper development or actual status of a character.
Databook 3 is outdated but however i can point out some fact.
At that point there was suspense over the fact she loved Naruto or not with her feelings for love (friendship) being strong to a point that it could be mistaken with "romantic love".
However much time has passed and the confession and the events before it were a key point.
Sakura did thought about her feelings for Naruto and wasnt in love if it didnt leaded to this conclusion then i think she has the answer already, mroeover after that there different events, there's the part where she's about to die, and Naruto's death.
Those moments are known on the anime universe for leading up for realizations about characters feelings and etc...
Doesnt give a conclusion that Sakura is in love with Naruto.
Therefore i conclude that she's not in love with Naruto yet, because from my perspective after all those moments passed it's really stupid for Kishimoto to make Sakura fall in love with Naruto thoughout realization because of the meaningfull moments he already delivered and led to nothing.

Edited by Dαrkrєrsŧ, 11 August 2014 - 12:36 AM.

SK-303_image007.jpg

#26339 questdrivencollie

questdrivencollie

trainer of ninja hounds

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,735 posts

Posted 11 August 2014 - 12:37 AM

After Gaara tells him that he should be a good friend for Sasuke like Sasuke did with him, in other words he had to kill him himself to protect his friends that were wanting to help him.
He start thinking about the recent events, from up to the part he gets beat down by those fodders of Kumogakure towards Gaara's speech passing though Itachi and his conversation with Madara(Obito).
He hyperventilates and gets uncounciouss.

Fair enough.

Still think maybe it could be everything just piled up, the two contrasts and both about protecting people he cares about, and maybe Kishi didn't do the best job portraying it. Or if that's not the case then that's what I'd like to think.

I have more of an issue with the way Sasuke is being handled overall than this part of the story, though. 

Edited by questdrivencollie, 11 August 2014 - 12:45 AM.

~Relient K

#26340 FireFox

FireFox

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,357 posts
  • Interests:Music:Trance&Progressive: Armin Van Buren ASOT,Aly&Fila FSOE,Andrew Rayel,Giuseppe Ottaviani
    Movies: The Last Samurai,Lord of the Rings,The Hobbit,Marvel.
    Movie Series: Game of Thrones,Spartacus,The Mentalist,NCIS,The Big Bang Theory,How I Met Your Mother.
    Manga: Naruto,Gintama.
    Parings: NaruSaku,MinaKushi,GinTae,ZuraKyubei

Posted 11 August 2014 - 12:42 AM

This doesnt exist.
This whole uncounciously loving someome doesnt make sense.
ANd yes it does contradict because you bring up an interview that it states she loves Sasuke and Naruto is close and then you comes saying it's proof that she's in love with Naruto by just taking a part of it that says she was honest and the most ambiguous part of the interview.
Also contradicts because right after her confession "fails" she decides to kill Sasuke, if she was being honest with her feelings why she changed the subject and then started saying he needs to care more about himself.
Sakura did thought about her feelings for Naruto at that time and she wasnt in love with him either.

Lol it doesn't exist ? You are doing it again disregarding the manga the Sai and Yamato scene which hints to Sakura loving Naruto subconsciously which doesn't go well with your view of NS and this is not based on an Interview . As for the interview no its not contradictory does Sakura have lingering feelings for Sasuke yes do we have scenes of hinting that in reality she loves Naruto but can't realize it yes its not impossible to have feelings for more then one and to be confused and this concept exist in a media whether you like it or not .  There is also something that its called Interruption and Authorial Intent ( The NS cut of moments)  I've said this before to you but yet again you chose to ignore this bc of your standards and views .

Just bc you think that the concept of subconsciously loving someone is BS doesn't mean its not there  when there are countless examples of this being played in a visual media especially movies  so please spare me of the it "Doesn't make any sense" it doesn't make any sense by your standards and yours only . 

First of all her real intent wasn't to confess to him but she did it anyway and she wasn't faking when she said that she loves him , second  her priority was to protect Naruto and third  yes she thought at that moment and she said that subconsciously from her hearth and it was the truth and her expression when she does confess wasn't faking but from the hearth  if you have been following the manga everything she said was true except the Sasuke part .

I knew you would focus on the headbutting, but the point it's that it also shows that the behavior didnt changed at all, she still acts like a tsundere her attitude towards Naruto hasnt changed.

That's a ridiculous point That's their dynamic something you clearly can't comprehend first she headbutts him and then she's gentle with him   and its not gonna change just bc you don't like it  and Sakura has her dere moments with him also its usually when she worries about him or when he's not looking  if you don't like it then don't ship it at all .

I dont see as a red herring, i see solely as the fact that her feelings towards Sasuke changed but doesnt mean she loves Naruto like people that loves jumping the gun says, it pretty much that her view before was that Sasuke was a victim and was being used, and now she sees him as a evil person from there can be the starting point for her to get over with.
But says nothing about NS.

Also Great Person is ambiguous, because at that moment Sasuke was evil, and now his status is of a hero at this moment and is bound to return and be converted to Naruto.
Sakura's moving away from Sasuke cant be based on solely the fact of his status but that's another topic.

Read underneath the underneath like you supposed to read this manga and start seeing the hints even Kishimoto said that he likes to write the dialog in a confusing matter so I think I'm right on this . You see it like that I don't  when there is clear evidence that she has feelings for Naruto that even the author  implied this in some of his interviews so I rather take his word and what he has written then your own sens of interpretation .

Are you kittening kidding me Sasuke is a Hero ? He's a great person now ? For crying out loud  are you even being serious or are you just wanking Sasuke now ? A Hero wouldn't have let her die minutes ago a hero would have protected her instead please check the definition of a hero before saying nonsense like this . Sasuke is still not good if you haven't noticed he's here for his own goals and when it comes to a great guy its not just in a moment but as whole  saying Sasuke is a great guy its like saying  Osama Bin Laden is hero after the kitten that he has done and then turned good loi , a great guy isn't someone who did all the kitten that Sasuke did check the definition for a great guy also . Sorry but I can't even take you seriously with this you are trying to hard to excuse him and make him seen as "good guy" this is just ridiculous .     

Posted Image                                                            

" I am the sword in the darkness. I am the watcher on the walls. I am the shield that guards the realms of men. I pledge my life and honor to the Night's Watch, for this night and all the nights to come."

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users