#241 Khaleesi

Khaleesi

Mother of dragons

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,237 posts

Posted 30 March 2015 - 10:32 PM

I know that. So?

the word "cool" should never be associated with someone as despicable as obito. 

That the 'cool guy' thing wasn't for the "new" Obito :zaru: I'm just pointing that out. I just think that it has nothing to do(it's irrelevant) with Naruto forgiving Obito. He can have different opinions about the before and after.

Luffy, are you going to get sentimental now? :zaru:

dumbo-pink-elephants-on-parade1.gif?w=50

queen-harley.tumblr.com

#242 ramenanmitsu

ramenanmitsu

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,414 posts

Posted 30 March 2015 - 10:34 PM

That the 'cool guy' thing wasn't for the "new" Obito :zaru: I'm just pointing that out. I just think that it has nothing to do(it's irrelevant) with Naruto forgiving Obito. He can have different opinions about the before and after.
Luffy, are you going to get sentimental now? :zaru:

I edited my previous post. Please check that out.

Edited by ramenanmitsu, 30 March 2015 - 10:34 PM.

268702-181926-kaworu-nagisa.jpg

#243 WhyDoIWatch

WhyDoIWatch

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 337 posts
  • Interests:Shows- SNK, Naruto, Code Geass, Baccano, Fate,
    Characters- Claire, Sasuke, Lelouch, Madara, Itachi, Gilgamesh, Kirei, Konan, Sasori, Lancer.

Posted 30 March 2015 - 10:35 PM

@WhyDoIWatch
Which abuse are you talking about?

In terms of physical abuse, SasuKarin applies. Karin was his comrade and he manipulated and used her and then killed her so he can have a better aim towards Danzo. In Naruto and Sakura's case, it depends on people whether they call it an abuse or not. If you call Orochimaru's murder attempts on Jiraiya as physical abuse, I guess you can call it's the case for both Naruto and Sakura. The difference between SK and SNS, NS is that Karin was his comrade, whereas Naruto and Sakura was his enemy, Sakura moreso.

In terms of emotional abuse, it happened to SK, SNS, SS. He unnecessarily and unreasonably put them down, hurt them for his own satisfaction. And this happened since the end of part one.

As for forgiveness, I'd be a hypocrite if I say it's okay for Naruto and Sakura to forgive Sasuke but it isn't for Karin to do so. All three of these characters forgave Sasuke and acted as if he didn't plan a mass murder or something. Although, the worst forgiveness in manga history award goes to Naruto forgiving Obito and calling him a 'cool guy'. Lol, that guy killed Naruto's parents, his friend, his comrades, and all the other people who fought for him. And on the same day, he forgave them without even considering what the family of the victims would feel. I can't even understand how the Hyuuga family was okay with that but who cares? Neji is only a branch member.

I agree with most of what you said but.. Sasuke only put down Naruto cause he had a superiority/inferiority complex with him, though I will agree he needlessly put Sakura down. 

LOL I really dislike Obito and what Naruto said though I think what Rin said was more cringe-worthy than Naruto (Cause Naruto's Jesus).

hunter-x-hunter-2011-episode-145.gif

#244 ramenanmitsu

ramenanmitsu

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,414 posts

Posted 30 March 2015 - 10:38 PM

I agree with most of what you said but.. Sasuke only put down Naruto cause he had a superiority/inferiority complex with him, though I will agree he needlessly put Sakura down. 

LOL I really dislike Obito and what Naruto said though I think what Rin said was more cringe-worthy than Naruto (Cause Naruto's Jesus).

Whether Sasuke had a superiority/inferiority complex towards Naruto doesn't change whether it is abusive or not though.

What Rin said was cringeworthy but it's more understandable because it's not like Rin had all her important people killed by Obito.

#245 Khaleesi

Khaleesi

Mother of dragons

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,237 posts

Posted 30 March 2015 - 10:44 PM

I know that. So? It doesn't change the fact that Naruto did call Obito a cool guy. So my post still stands.

By the way the actual translation is "The Obito who wanted to be Hokage IS a cool guy."

How does that change something?  :headscratch: He still says "The Obito" personification of a separate identity and "who wanted to be Hokage" past. That "IS" would be that he find THAT guy cool. 

Anyway, my only point is that I find irrelevant that quote from Naruto when talking about how he forgave Obito so easily (that he did). Or are you guys that sensible? The only mistake on that sentence is that is not morally well seen. As if I show you a drawing of someone and you like that but after it I tell you that it was painted by Hitler. Pfft. Two different things even if it's SOOOOOOOOOOOOO hard to see them separated. :zaru:

Edited by theunburnt, 30 March 2015 - 10:52 PM.

queen-harley.tumblr.com

#246 WhyDoIWatch

WhyDoIWatch

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 337 posts
    Characters- Claire, Sasuke, Lelouch, Madara, Itachi, Gilgamesh, Kirei, Konan, Sasori, Lancer.

Posted 30 March 2015 - 10:48 PM

Whether Sasuke had a superiority/inferiority complex towards Naruto doesn't change whether it is abusive or not though.

What Rin said was cringeworthy but it's more understandable because it's not like Rin had all her important people killed by Obito.

She said "I was watching you and you've tried your hardest" with Obito replying with "Yeah" and the fact that he still gets a happy ending really pisses me off. And wasn't Minato important to Rin and Kakashi also considering they both screwed him over.

I was stating it cause you said he did that for Sakura/Karin.

Edited by WhyDoIWatch, 30 March 2015 - 10:52 PM.

#247 BlackBird19

BlackBird19

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 434 posts
  • Interests:USMC,
    baseball,
    football,
    hockey,
    Music(all kinds),
    and manga.

Posted 30 March 2015 - 10:50 PM

This is the reason I say I don't place blame on fictitious characters but on the authors that keep writing this kitten.

#248 ramenanmitsu

ramenanmitsu

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,414 posts

Posted 30 March 2015 - 10:51 PM

How does that change something?  :headscratch: He still says "The Obito" personification of a separate identity and "who wanted to be Hokage" past. That "IS" would be that he find THAT guy cool. 
Anyway, my only point is that I find irrelevant that quote from Naruto when talking about how he forgave Obito so easily (that he did). Or are you guys that sensible? The only mistake on that sentence is that is not morally well seen. As if I show you a pinture of someone and you like that but after it I tell you that it was painted by Hitler. Pfft. Two different things even if it's SOOOOOOOOOOOOO hard to see them separated. :zaru:

He's saying that Obito 'is' cool, not 'was' cool. So he's pointing the 'cool' comment to Obito right now. And your example doesn't make sense to me because you're talking of two completely different things which I don't think is the case here. Might be the difference of how we read the sentence.

My main point was towards his forgiveness to Obito. Naruto calling Obito cool is not THE main point, I just included it because it was something additional I found cringeworthy. You're focusing on something that isn't even that important IMO.

Edited by ramenanmitsu, 30 March 2015 - 10:56 PM.

#249 Khaleesi

Khaleesi

Mother of dragons

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,237 posts

Posted 30 March 2015 - 10:57 PM

He's saying that Obito 'is' cool, not 'was' cool. So he's not limiting the 'cool' comment to the past Obito.

My main point was towards his forgiveness to Obito. Naruto calling Obito cool is not THE main point, I just included it because it was something additional I found cringeworthy. So I don't know where you get that 'you're sensitive' comment from. You're focusing on something that isn't even that important IMO.

He didn't say "Obito is cool". He said "That Obito who was that is cool". It's different. 

Because I'm not disagreeing with the rest you are saying. Didn't I delete EVERYTHING else but that sentence? I'm only pointing something out. I'm not correcting all that you wrote :zaru:

Edited by theunburnt, 30 March 2015 - 10:58 PM.

queen-harley.tumblr.com

#250 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 30 March 2015 - 11:02 PM

It's bad writing because you associate him that easily all because of the same dream. It's a done deal mess and we are forced to feel sorry for Obito and all this in one day. Literally. He was the main driving force of the manga and yet now we have to feel sorry for him. He was conscious and he knew what he was doing, so it's not like he was forced or anything. He just another TNJ victim. Coolest guy ever is the icing of the cake.

#251 Khaleesi

Khaleesi

Mother of dragons

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,237 posts

Posted 30 March 2015 - 11:04 PM

He's saying that Obito 'is' cool, not 'was' cool. So he's pointing the 'cool' comment to Obito right now. And your example doesn't make sense to me because you're talking of two completely different things which I don't think is the case here. Might be the difference of how we read the sentence.

So, we just forget that he was refering to the Obito that he saw on his "allucination", the Obito that wanted to be Hokage. We can just forget that.

Did you included that because it creeps you out? It can be but it's still irrelevant to me because he's not refering to the "current" Obito. The example is about the asociation of not related things to someone already bad seen. But forget it. This is going to anywhere, I'm not in the mood and I got bored :zaru:

queen-harley.tumblr.com

#252 ramenanmitsu

ramenanmitsu

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,414 posts

Posted 30 March 2015 - 11:05 PM

He didn't say "Obito is cool". He said "That Obito who was that is cool". It's different. 
Because I'm not disagreeing with the rest you are saying. Didn't I delete EVERYTHING else but that sentence? I'm only pointing something out. I'm not correcting all that you wrote :zaru:

I disagree. If Sakura said, "I love Sasuke, he always used to help me" and ,"I loved Sasuke, he always used to help me" it's different. The former means that she still loves him regardless of how he is now and the former means that she used to love him for how he was.
Same with Naruto's case. "I think Obito is cool, he wanted to be Hokage" and "I thought Obito was cool, he wanted to be Hokage" are two different things.

I only said that because IMO, you're focusing on something that wasn't important to my main point. But then again, it might be important to you so....

Edit: let's agree to disagree. We're only going in circles. And I find this discussion of terms boring.

Edited by ramenanmitsu, 30 March 2015 - 11:07 PM.

#253 luffyq1

luffyq1

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,371 posts

Posted 30 March 2015 - 11:08 PM

@theunburnt - "that obito" is irrelevant because of the person he became. some terrorists probably had dreams too, but do you think anyone cares about who they once were? hey don't bad mouth that terrorist, he used to have dreams  :cuss:

Untitled_zpsbc671263.png

#254 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 30 March 2015 - 11:09 PM

I still remember the uproar of that scene. People went nuts.

Edited by NaruSaku4Life3g, 30 March 2015 - 11:09 PM.

#255 Khaleesi

Khaleesi

Mother of dragons

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,237 posts

Posted 30 March 2015 - 11:11 PM

I disagree. If Sakura said, "I love Sasuke, he always used to help me" and ,"I loved Sasuke, he always used to help me" it's different. The former means that she still loves him regardless of how he is now and the former means that she used to love him for how he was.
Same with Naruto's case. "I think Obito is cool, he wanted to be Hokage" and "I thought Obito was cool, he wanted to be Hokage" are two different things.

I only said that because IMO, you're focusing on something that wasn't important to my main point. But then again, it might be important to you so....

:facepalm:

Are we now discussing about grammar?  :zaru: I disagree. The end.

IT'S NOT important. I just pointed it out. That's all.  :facepalm:

@theunburnt - "that obito" is irrelevant because of the person he became. some terrorists probably had dreams too, but do you think anyone cares about who they once were? hey don't bad mouth that terrorist, he used to have dreams  :cuss:

Oh my god.  :facepalm: I'm not defending him  :zaru: I'm separating two things. That's all.

queen-harley.tumblr.com

#256 Khaleesi

Khaleesi

Mother of dragons

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,237 posts

Posted 30 March 2015 - 11:12 PM

Edit: let's agree to disagree. We're only going in circles. And I find this discussion of terms boring.

Finally  :thumb: Something we can agree.

Edited by theunburnt, 30 March 2015 - 11:13 PM.

queen-harley.tumblr.com

#257 ramenanmitsu

ramenanmitsu

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,414 posts

Posted 30 March 2015 - 11:12 PM

Oh my god.  :facepalm: I'm not defending him  :zaru: I'm separating two things. That's all.

*sighs*

We have a different opinion. Let's accept that.

This discussion ends here. Bye.

Edited by ramenanmitsu, 30 March 2015 - 11:15 PM.

#258 WhyDoIWatch

WhyDoIWatch

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 337 posts

Posted 30 March 2015 - 11:13 PM

I still remember the uproar of that scene. People went nuts.

lol I remember that.

#259 Khaleesi

Khaleesi

Mother of dragons

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,237 posts

Posted 30 March 2015 - 11:18 PM

*sighs*

We have a different opinion. Let's accept that.

This discussion ends here. Bye.

:lulz: Bye :lmao: 

queen-harley.tumblr.com

#260 luffyq1

luffyq1

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,371 posts

Posted 30 March 2015 - 11:18 PM

i didn't think you were defending him to being with. like i said, "that obito" is irrelevant, his crimes erase all of that. 

Untitled_zpsbc671263.png

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: narusaku, anti sasusaku, sakura hiden

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users