Lone Wolf of the Grave

#242 Sakamaki Izayoi

Sakamaki Izayoi

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,679 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 10:51 AM

I had a feeling that Sakura's "Sasuke-kun" was going to be thoroughly discussed the minute I read that panel. You guys are so predictable. :P

I supposed I understand where you're coming from. The reason some get upset is a combination of Kishi milking the romance for all of it's worth, and getting influenced by the opposite fandoms into believing that what they say has more value than what you think.

Just try to sit back and enjoy the chapter for what it is. The reason Sakura said the "Sasuke-kun" was to trigger Naruto's jealousy which does two things:

- I reconfirms for the second chapter in a row that he still likes Sakura since he also wants her attention

- I makes you remember the good old Team 7 dynamic

That was the part where makes me doesnt like the chapter overall, i could not express it and finnaly i could see what this chapters makes me had an awkward feelings and almost matched up in terms of bad writing with 615.
It's this, the old team 7 dynamic is back but on a comic way and make the chapter hard to understand to a point that it can only be taken as a comic moment, it's not a normal chapter, it's just comical, it's like the chapter ended when Juugo was thinking about Sasuke's plan and suddenly you can dismiss all the interactions after that moment but everything from now on is just comic does not have much importance but at the same time gives you the feeling that you cant dismiss those interactions because they are canon and ends up with a loop where you doenst understand what's going on.

It wasnt normal to Sakura to forget Naruto only if you thinking about the old team 7.

*thanks you have my like*

Edited by Dαrkrєrsŧ, 29 May 2013 - 10:53 AM.

SK-303_image007.jpg

#243 Mistraal

Mistraal

Sakura's Personal Theorycrafter

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 590 posts
  • Interests:Game Design, Writing, Anime, Tabletop RPGs, Video Games, Nerdity in all forms.

What I'm curious about is Juugo's "Sasuke, what are you thinking?", that's a clear indicator that there's more to Sasuke than he's letting on. There are still more surprises to come, there's more to his claim of wanting to be Hokage, all of his intentions are yet to be revealed. And there's the fact that Karin, Suigetsu, and Oro are missing. We'll see.

OMG.... BRAIN IS HAPPENING.

What if Sasuke is doing all this (saying he wants to be Hokage/saving Sakura) just to egg Naruto on to push him to his limit to defeat the Juubi and Madara and become Hokage because Sasuke knows that that is best for the Leaf and the Village after what he heard from the Kages?? He knows how to push Naruto's buttons so he's doing it.

:argh: :argh: :argh: :argh:

tumblr_mn7ior22z51qgap4ho7_r1_500.png

So THAT'S how it is!!!!

#244 Inferno180

Inferno180

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,480 posts

Well this is at page 12 already, guess now with Sakura's power revealed and ns still going strong, guess I've been mellowed out, not going to bother checking what haters have to say about sakura this chapter, just waiting patently for the next one. Last week was a big reveal, this was great too but the reveals are done for now, it's action time. Other Anti ns fans will try to use that one panel as evidence against us, seeing as how they reacted last week, eh it's worn out.

We are in very good position and the focus on team 7, mainly sakura was great this chapter. We may see more from the 9 in that picture at the start but I just love how sakura has been active so much these past few chapters. Just waiting on future ns stuff again, mainly that which can build on the sakura kushina parallel.

Oh well I'm going to leave for now, check in later.

When people insult my OTP

Insulting a man’s ship, be worse than insulting his mother.

#245 StriderC

StriderC

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,020 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 10:52 AM

I look at the comment made my Naruto about turning on Sakura the exact same way I did when she first used her Cherry Blossom Smash attack in the beginning of Part 2. It's merely a comedic moment. It doesn't lessen what happened in 631 at all. :D 

Also, as far as Sakura's stats go, she's obviously faster. You can tell just how fast the juubi vlone was flying given it was knocking out the other juubis like bowling pins. The fact that she was able to meet it while it was still shooting across the may verifies that she's gotten a speed boost and a tremendous strength boost also. :D 

#246 Hiraishin

Hiraishin

infinite

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,021 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 10:53 AM

Anyone else think Sakura looked gorgeous this chapter? She looked tall, hair looked longer, a confident look on her face. She's growing into a beautiful young woman. One who can destroy with a simple punch!

Honestly though, I kind of want to check in on the current Kage again. It's been way too long and I want to see how they're doing. Why has no one questioned their absence? Especially Sakura + Shizune since Tsunade's their master, and Hashirama too! He's her grandfather, and just mentioned her... Plus earlier he learned that she was Hokage and was fighting in the war, so... I hope they're all okay.

I should probably go to sleep now. It's six in the morning here, lol.

narusaku_ss_by_Cynthi.jpg

#247 redragon88

redragon88

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,562 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 10:56 AM

Possibly, he said he wont turn her on again, so possibly he did that to just turn her on.
Minato was questioning Sakura not him.

It was a call back to the first time Sakura showed her super strength in the battle against Kakashi. Naruto ended up saying the same thing, although this time he got really scared.

#248 StriderC

StriderC

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,020 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 10:56 AM

LOL It's safe to say that Sakura has gotten the most kills with a single attack ever. :D 

#249 Sakamaki Izayoi

Sakamaki Izayoi

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,679 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 10:57 AM

It was a call back to the first time Sakura showed her super strength in the battle against Kakashi. Naruto ended up saying the same thing, although this time he got really scared.

But turning her on means making jokes for her ot go tsundere just like which he did on 631.

Edited by Dαrkrєrsŧ, 29 May 2013 - 10:58 AM.

SK-303_image007.jpg

#250 Branden

Branden

The man who's going to save the world.

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,700 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 10:57 AM

I had a feeling that Sakura's "Sasuke-kun" was going to be thoroughly discussed the minute I read that panel. You guys are so predictable. :P

I supposed I understand where you're coming from. The reason some get upset is a combination of Kishi milking the romance for all of it's worth, and getting influenced by the opposite fandoms into believing that what they say has more value than what you think.

Just try to sit back and enjoy the chapter for what it is. The reason Sakura said the "Sasuke-kun" was to trigger Naruto's jealousy which does two things:

- I reconfirms for the second chapter in a row that he still likes Sakura since he also wants her attention

- I makes you remember the good old Team 7 dynamic

I think it's understandable that Sakura is happy. You have to remember that whether it ends in love or not Sakura holds Sasuke in the same esteem as Naruto does. Sasuke is also Team 7 and she's glad that he can be there after all this time.

I'd be pretty funny if eventually we get the forehead complement and then we remember how we all looked silly complaining about this chapter. And I think, as others, that the forehead complement is coming since we already have established the NaruSaku/MinaKushi parallel, as well as Minato basically giving his blessing to the soon-to-be couple. That can never be taken away from us no matter what.

It would feel silly at this point that Kishi just made that parallel as a way to be funny. It was meant to reflect how things are meant to be. And now that Sasuke is seemingly on their side there's nothing preventing Naruto from confessing to Sakura and going all out to win her affection. In all honesty even back in Part 1 I think it was going smoothly, and it reached a high point when Sakura found out that Naruto was the one who rescued her from Gaara. But the Sasuke left and it left everything in a standstill.

So I'm interested to see how it shall be resumed. The reason Sakura's confession failed is because even if she wants to be with Naruto she still can't deny what she feels for Sasuke, and now that he's there that can be worked out somehow.

The most essential thing to have in mind is that Naruto still like Sakura very much, and considering his personality he's gonna keep loving her for the rest of his life no matter what happens. So it's either Naruto with Sakura or alone, anything else he chooses is a consolation prize. And considering the build up their relationship has had I really don't think there's any possible scenario in which Naruto doesn't end with Sakura.

Many thing that Minato making the Sakura/Kushina reference sounded like the stuff of fanfiction since NS would become to obvious if it happened, but I guess what Kishi did it anyway. Kishi might want to keep Sakura confused but he want his readers to understand that she's meant to be with Naruto, just like Sasuke is meant to be their trusted teammate again. I mean, we all knew that Sasuke would eventually return to the good side even if Kishi made it seem sometimes like it was a lost cause, so it's the same with Sakura, we are supposed to know that she'll end up with Naruto even if Kishi makes it seems like she still doesn't. If this wasn't Kishi's intent then the parallel towards Kushina would be unnecessary.

What I'm curious about is Juugo's "Sasuke, what are you thinking?", that's a clear indicator that there's more to Sasuke than he's letting on. There are still more surprises to come, there's more to his claim of wanting to be Hokage, all of his intentions are yet to be revealed. And there's the fact that Karin, Suigetsu, and Oro are missing. We'll see.

Anyway, what I recommend is to not read any of the opposing fandoms opinions. It's a little sad that it's come to the point that characters being happy around each other is now twisted to be some sort of declaration of love. But then again, I won't blame them if they do so. They got a huge reality check in the previous chapter regarding Kishi's intentions with NS, so they'll not only deny what happened with all the fiber of their been but will also take the opportunity to use any minimal interaction as proof to their favor.

And in the end, as some pointed out, she immediately focuses her attention on Naruto when he reminds her he's also there. Sakura isn't going to neglect one boy for the other, just like Naruto won't neglect Sasuke in favor of Sakura.

My first reaction to this post : AAAAHHH! SO MANY WORDS! WHY WOULD YOU DO THIS TO ME!!!?

In any case thank you very much for posting this. I hadn't even thought about all the things we've discussed on this forum over and over again.

We've debated about this a thousand times and most of us came to the conclusion that yes, Sakura does still have some kind of feelings for Sasuke that will need to be resolved. NaruSaku can't become cannon until the original team 7 is back together again. If Sakura = Kushina then Kushina would approve of NaruSaku. Just wow! I've been so focussed on everything that's happening now that I've forgotten all that's lead up to this.

When you really look at the big picture these past couple chapters have been SO good for NaruSaku that nothing can compare now.

My fellow NaruSaku fans, our patience has truly been rewarded  :wibble:

Edited by Branden, 29 May 2013 - 10:59 AM.

Romance_Dawn_Arc.png

"This hat means a lot to me. Promise me you'll give it back someday...

when you've become a great pirate." -Shanks

#251 Shadow Wolf

Shadow Wolf

Keeping the promise

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 556 posts
  • Interests:Naruto, NaruSaku, Guilty Gear, Blazblue, Love Hina, Full Metal Panic!, The Legend of Zelda, League of Legends, videogames and anime in general.

Posted 29 May 2013 - 10:59 AM

So... I'm currently reading the responses (going through page 8). But before I continue, I must ask a favor to everyone who is trying to make a big deal out of that single panel about Sakura blushing or not: STOP IT!!! :mad:

I mentioned in the podcast about trying to dig too deep into topics. And I want you to look at this scene in face value:

-Sakura got rescues by both Naruto and Sasuke.

-Yes, Sasuke arrived first (which is obvious that Sakura would address him first), but guess what, he ignored her (in the next panel, you can see that his words are directed towards Naruto).

-And you can argue that she is teasing both of them, but look at the last panel and tell me who she's looking at and who she's interacting with?

-And finally, her speech at the end clearly indicates that her determination in this battle was to catch up with them.

Stop looking so deep into things that may not even be there please.

#252 Gravenimage

Gravenimage

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,535 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 11:01 AM

But turning her on means making jokes for her ot go tsundere just like which he did on 631.

So you're saying Naruto was kidding about telling Minato she was his girlfriend of the sorts???

Gravenimage

Lone Wolf of the Grave

#253 Branden

Branden

The man who's going to save the world.

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,700 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 11:01 AM

I don't think anyone has to worry about people making a big deal about SasuSaku. Every post I read regarding it is just telling people to stop worrying about it.

Guy's, nobody is worried about SasuSaku anymore, so we don't have to keep telling people to not be worried.

Romance_Dawn_Arc.png

"This hat means a lot to me. Promise me you'll give it back someday...

when you've become a great pirate." -Shanks

#254 redragon88

redragon88

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,562 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 11:02 AM

I didn't read it that way. I thought he was saying that he won't turn on her. As in not oppose her because if she gets mad she'll smack him dead.

It's in the same way Kushina always won all of the arguments she had with Minato since he probably also didn't like to go against her knowing how her temper is.

#255 Hiraishin

Hiraishin

infinite

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,021 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 11:03 AM

Two last things:

Madara saying he would only fight the real Hashirama, not a clone, was great. He just sat down and said, "Nah, I'll wait for the real deal. Fighting a clone is boring."

And... I can't WAIT to see this chapter animated! :D

narusaku_ss_by_Cynthi.jpg

#256 六道仙人

六道仙人

レヴィ 好き

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,375 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 11:03 AM

There some SS interaction in this chapter? Maybe.

There some SS romantic interaction in this chapter? Absolutely not. Sakura wasn't blushing, She was just surprised and happy that Sasuke saved him. She was happy that team 7 is back together and fighting back by back

I really enjoyed this chapter! If chapter 631 has hushed NS haters, this chapter 632 will hush Sakura haters. With this we know that Sakura is at kage level now and no one of rookies can reaches her. He could be the weakest of team 7 but still more powerful than rookies. Haters gonna hate.

And I see what's going Kishi with that mark on her forehead :umm: He's soooo... predicable!

Ah! There was a color poster, not colour pages... Didn't you know that?

は天才バスケットマン桜木花道。

"I'm the Basketball genius, Hanamichi Sakuragi"

uvoJkhc.png

#257 PhenixElite

PhenixElite

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,725 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 11:06 AM

So you're saying Naruto was kidding about telling Minato she was his girlfriend of the sorts???

Of course he was naruto knows that sakura is not his Gf so why should he be serious about it?

ada_wong_signature_by_valxy-d5m0oa1.png

#258 Atheck

Atheck

Ally of NaruSaku

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,050 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 11:07 AM

Anyone else think Sakura looked gorgeous this chapter? She looked tall, hair looked longer, a confident look on her face. She's growing into a beautiful young woman. One who can destroy with a simple punch!

Honestly though, I kind of want to check in on the current Kage again. It's been way too long and I want to see how they're doing. Why has no one questioned their absence? Especially Sakura + Shizune since Tsunade's their master, and Hashirama too! He's her grandfather, and just mentioned her... Plus earlier he learned that she was Hokage and was fighting in the war, so... I hope they're all okay.

I should probably go to sleep now. It's six in the morning here, lol.

I agree, she did appear more courageous in this chapter as she assumed the forefront of the offensive. This may perhaps be what Kishimoto was referring to when he stated that Sakura's time would come following Kakashi's several years ago. It is a stark contrast to the relatively passive medical kunoichi who was remaining to the side in order to heal injured ninja one hundred chapters ago.

Their situation hasn't been elaborated upon since 601. It may not be bad idea to eventually return the focus to them in an effort to inform us of how they are doing. However, when you consider the state that Tsunade was in and the implication that she may only have enough chakra to restore the others to life this could very well be when she dies. Of course, there's always the possibility of Orochimaru, Karin, and Suigetsu successfully arriving in time to heal her.

#259 Sakamaki Izayoi

Sakamaki Izayoi

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,679 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 11:08 AM

No i'm saying is if you're desperately in need of something to downplay that scene you can use that excuse, not everyone will agree with but it's valid.
Still i dont know why he likes to turn her on.

SK-303_image007.jpg

#260 Gravenimage

Gravenimage

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,535 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 11:11 AM

I didn't read it that way. I thought he was saying that he won't turn on her. As in not oppose her because if she gets mad she'll smack him dead.

It's in the same way Kushina always won all of the arguments she had with Minato since he probably also didn't like to go against her knowing how her temper is.

He was referring to when he told her to say back and rest in the last chapter.

Gravenimage

Lone Wolf of the Grave

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users