#241 Verilance

Verilance

Examiner

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 995 posts
  • Interests:Whatever comes to mind

Posted 09 July 2013 - 03:28 AM

Kishimoto has changed editors he thanks his old editor and welcomes his new one in this weeks Shonen Jump

author comments

Yotsubato! - Enjoy Everything!

#242 LadyGT

LadyGT

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,710 posts
  • Interests:Drawing pretty much everything that defines "randomness".

Posted 09 July 2013 - 04:19 AM

Oh for a moment I thought it was Joe Otsuki, man I'll never stop thanking him for chosing my design.

aw9vkj.gif

#243 ramenanmitsu

ramenanmitsu

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,414 posts

Posted 16 July 2013 - 06:05 PM

Sorry, for my late reply. Since it's late I don't mind if you have already forgotten about it  :smile:

No.

I think it is author neglect. Nobody (in series) complains, references it, or otherwise acknowledged it happened. Consequently, it's hard to give any hidden meaning to it, especially as it relates to Rin. That is the effective result, but I think the author was trying to do or suggest anyhing by it.

Naruto had an opponent who nearly killed Hinata. Sasuke had an opponent who outright tried to murder Lee (and whom releasing all those Gates did minimal damage). Sakura did not. From Kishimoto's stand point, it's probably that simple.

Kakashi did foist Naruto onto Ebisu, and this is a violation of showing and not telling. Ebisu was stated (and by implication) to be good at what he did. He was a poor match for Naruto and Kakashi deserves criticism for not following up on this. However, Kishimoto gave Ebisu butt-monkey treatement, so readers didn't take him seriously and it comes off worse Kakashi than was probably intended.

So your theory is Kishi's neglect, and no reasoning on Kakashi's side. That may be understandable. 

Moreover, Sakura is equally at fault. You say it's not a good excuse? You're right, it's not, but you act it as it relives her of the duty to better herself. When Naruto didn't get training, he asked for it. When he was unhappy with what Kakashi gave him he ultimately found his own.

Sakura eventually does this, but not during the chuunin exams. If she is unhappy with where she stand at what point does some of the burden fall on her to do something about it? If anything, they both deserve blame for that. I fact, when she does become unhappy about the gap between her and her teammates she, to her credit, does something about it. But nothing stopped her from doing that before.

As I said before, my post was "Why Kakashi was neglecting Sakura?" I want to know whether there was a special reason to that. That is why I was focusing on Kakashi's side of the story. 

Don't mistake me, I'm not saying Sakura is blameless. But you missed my point. 

Doesn't he have her helping out with the actual mission while they are left behind in the forest (when they would both rather be helping with the mission)?

I forgot about that part. You're right.

It wasn't a training trip. It was a mission. 

Then wouldn't it have made more sense if Kakashi made Sasuke and Naruto join in the mission rather than waiting for them to complete the tree climbing exercise? The above makes me believe that missions passed on to new genins are indeed a mission but also plays a part of "on-the-job training" for them. 

So?

You realize the problem with this argument right? It means whoever gets assigned to guard Tazuna is being neglected. So is the only way to not do that is send them all to fight Haku and hope no one gets past their opponent and offs him?

Yes, if you only bring this up then you are right. But if you read my previous post, you will know that it's the other factors being piled up with this being only a small portion of it the reason why I started my first question. 

He didn't think of Naruto either. Naruto went to him.

I think I forgot this. Thanks for reminding me. 

Moreover, Sasuke was fighting Gaara. Lee used 6 gates and still didn't do any real damage and even though he was clearly out of it by then Gaara tried to murder him anyway. Moreover, Sasuke was a marked man by another Sociopath.

He should have set something up for Sakura and Naruto (without prompting), but I can kind of understand why Sasuke was the focus here.

Yes, I do understand and I don't blame him for that. But I still think, not setting anybody else to take care of Sakura and Naruto while he was training Sasuke is a bit difficult for me to understand. 

You tell me. Kishimoto has ret-conned from this time period before (Kamui), so I don't think you can assume anything. Moreover, she is recieving personal trainging from the Hokage. If I'm him, I'd check up on her sure, but I'd stay out of it unless otherwise asked by the student or the Hokage. But, how do you know he didn't check up on her?

During the second bell test he said, "I see that the thing you learned from Tsunade wasn't only medical ninjutsu!" 

I don't know if this is me over thinking. But it's a bit odd he doesn't know her abilities even though they were in the same village. More so he could have known her abilities if she has passed the Chuunin Exams. 

Was she unhappy about it? It's the same thing as before. To the extent it's neglect, I am more inclined to hurl the accusation at the author, because so much of the neglect accusation is by implication. Otherwise, either nobody notices or nobody cares they are being neglected because nobody ever mentions it except for Naruto and Ebisu.

What does her feelings have to do with whether she was neglected or not? @Bolded, I guess that's true. The neglect may have came as a result of the author focusing on certain aspects of the story. 

The series never attempts to answer whether he a good teacher or not, so I am relunctant to read much into what you say when nobody in the series seems to give a crap. That apparent apathy tells me that he is not trying to infer neglect at all. And this is especially true of Rin. I can't imagine that the neglect shown through implication is the result of a motiviation that doesn't even get that much of a nod.

And if the series even does try to say he's a good one, then you get a pretty decent example of the difference between showing and telling.

@Bolded I guess this is the reason why Kakashi is hated in the Japanese forums. People constantly compare him with Gai, saying that Gai is the better teacher. Most likely, Kishi wasn't trying to show how Kakashi fails as a teacher, but the way he tells the story makes people believe otherwise. 

Anyway, thanks for giving me your opinion on this matter. It's very insightful  :lol:

268702-181926-kaworu-nagisa.jpg

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users