3357 replies to this topic

#2541 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,985 posts

Posted 01 July 2016 - 02:32 AM

Mmmmmmmm........... Okay, to give me a better idea about what you are against, How would you like to have the current chapter written?

3fbe3276d61acb2079b56cd2212a341c14963200

#2542 RyohkiFan

RyohkiFan

Ryo The Hero!!

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,974 posts
  • Interests:Games, Anime, OUAT....stuff I can't remember...and music!

Posted 01 July 2016 - 05:58 AM

I am enjoying this arc, I really like how Erina changed and I don't care for the villains as I expected them to be one of those annoying people since most chef like Shinomiya (I spelled it wrong?) are not gonna be part of Central plus this is for them to go to second year and the stakes aren't high due to what they are being taught...I just don't overthink things since it seems people started doing that after Naruto ended...which isn't good but I guess I understand why

tumblr_m8a1skcZ6M1rx8yloo1_500.jpg

Joui Four

#2543 Hanabi

Hanabi

絶対大丈夫だよ

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,592 posts
  • Interests:cardcaptor sakura!

Posted 01 July 2016 - 04:39 PM

Ugh, those instructors... They are such a downgrade from the likes we had with Shinomiya and co. One-dimensional bastards.

shinomiya was the same way too.. he purposely put those old cabbages just to fail a certain amount of people

2UFqbUS.gif

I can't even say good bye to you for the last time

I'm sorry

#2544 trang95

trang95

♣Yorozuya Member♣

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,048 posts
  • Interests:Mariah Carey, Super Junior, Ailee, Shinee, and Mariah Carey

Cardcaptor Sakura, Gintama, HxH, Magi, Neon Genesis Evangelion, Noragami, Princess Mononoke, Tokyo Ghoul ETC.

AkittenakaxSen, NaruSaku, SakuraxShaoran, SomaxErina, TouKen, YonaxHak

Posted 01 July 2016 - 08:42 PM

shinomiya was the same way too.. he purposely put those old cabbages just to fail a certain amount of people

But Shinomiya wasn't a one-dimensional villain... He was mean, true, but that snobbish character of him changed. And Shinomiya's pals were pretty much fair judges, too.

G . I . N . T . A . M .A

tumblr_nd8f3hq6MN1qawpjto1_r2_500.gif

“The country? The skies? You can have them! I'm busy enough protecting what's in front of me. I don't know how many times I failed to protect what I wanted. I have nothing left, so at least if something has fallen at my feet, I'll pick it up."
- Sakata Gintoki, Gintama

#2545 trang95

trang95

♣Yorozuya Member♣

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,048 posts

Cardcaptor Sakura, Gintama, HxH, Magi, Neon Genesis Evangelion, Noragami, Princess Mononoke, Tokyo Ghoul ETC.

Posted 01 July 2016 - 08:43 PM

I am enjoying this arc, I really like how Erina changed and I don't care for the villains as I expected them to be one of those annoying people since most chef like Shinomiya (I spelled it wrong?) are not gonna be part of Central plus this is for them to go to second year and the stakes aren't high due to what they are being taught...I just don't overthink things since it seems people started doing that after Naruto ended...which isn't good but I guess I understand why

Erina's character development is technically over already, so yeah, I liked that arc, too, lol.

Let's just wait and see how this arc will go. I personally hope Soma will not have to deal with these stupid judges every time he moves to a new station.

G . I . N . T . A . M .A

“The country? The skies? You can have them! I'm busy enough protecting what's in front of me. I don't know how many times I failed to protect what I wanted. I have nothing left, so at least if something has fallen at my feet, I'll pick it up."

#2546 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,985 posts

Posted 01 July 2016 - 10:06 PM

Yeah like for me Personally, the villains aren't even the problem because they were never interesting to begin with. I mainly enjoy Erina's Character development plus her changed attitude towards Soma (her future husband). And I really sympathize with Yuki breaking down mentally, don't get me wrong. I merely find it jarring to show that he had a huge resolve to pass after Erina's speech 2 chapters ago and then it goes down the drain so easily? That was a very awesome scene so I guess I just have a high standard of the writing seeing that resolve through with everyone. that's just me though :smile:

#2547 trang95

trang95

♣Yorozuya Member♣

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,048 posts

Posted 02 July 2016 - 12:57 AM

Yeah like for me Personally, the villains aren't even the problem because they were never interesting to begin with. I mainly enjoy Erina's Character development plus her changed attitude towards Soma (her future husband). And I really sympathize with Yuki breaking down mentally, don't get me wrong. I merely find it jarring to show that he had a huge resolve to pass after Erina's speech 2 chapters ago and then it goes down the drain so easily? That was a very awesome scene so I guess I just have a high standard of the writing seeing that resolve through with everyone. that's just me though :smile:

I can't even take Yuki's despair seriously tbh. She's ALWAYS like that. Like you, I should have expected her to change after Erina's training, but she hasn't really received any major character development with.

G . I . N . T . A . M .A

#2548 Hanabi

Hanabi

絶対大丈夫だよ

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,592 posts
  • Interests:cardcaptor sakura!

Posted 02 July 2016 - 07:08 PM

episode one of season two is here

thoughts

2UFqbUS.gif

I can't even say good bye to you for the last time

I'm sorry

#2549 RyohkiFan

RyohkiFan

Ryo The Hero!!

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,974 posts

Posted 03 July 2016 - 06:27 AM

thoughts

Right?!!!! I was like what is happening? Did I do something?! lol

Joui Four

#2550 RyohkiFan

RyohkiFan

Ryo The Hero!!

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,974 posts

Posted 03 July 2016 - 06:28 AM

I can't even take Yuki's despair seriously tbh. She's ALWAYS like that. Like you, I should have expected her to change after Erina's training, but she hasn't really received any major character development with.

Yuki and Megumi but Megumi facial expression makes me love her because I would probably be the same xD

Joui Four

#2551 trang95

trang95

♣Yorozuya Member♣

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,048 posts

Posted 03 July 2016 - 05:00 PM

thoughts

Yeah, I thought so, too. This entire match in the anime happened really quickly. Other than that, I didn't really have anything to criticize. It's the typical from the SnS anime, lol.

G . I . N . T . A . M .A

#2552 RyohkiFan

RyohkiFan

Ryo The Hero!!

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,974 posts

Posted 03 July 2016 - 05:45 PM

Well I never liked how it looks and all the chibi stuffs and that fast paced but I just let it slide because it's the anime and I just wanna read the manga lol

Joui Four

#2553 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,985 posts

Posted 07 July 2016 - 11:14 PM

Well the fan-service in the manga IS  tamer (though not by much lol)

Edited by Phantom_999, 07 July 2016 - 11:14 PM.

#2554 harry4e

harry4e

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,433 posts

Posted 08 July 2016 - 02:46 AM

Well this chapter had one thing in common with the first episode from season two. Both felt like they were highlight reels, they both felt rushed.

iAnby7W.gif

#2555 Yyubie

Yyubie

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,888 posts

Posted 08 July 2016 - 04:22 PM

Only 17 pages ... the author must be starting to running out of idea ... it's understandable , it's hard to find detailed food/ingredients all of those detailed information about those fat, calories, etc.

tumblr_nexjjgShiv1rz4qnxo1_500.gif
An out of control man needs a strong woman to control him.
And even a violent woman will become soft and tender to the man she love.

#2556 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,985 posts

Posted 08 July 2016 - 09:56 PM

Well this chapter had one thing in common with the first episode from season two. Both felt like they were highlight reels, they both felt rushed.

Eh, maybe but at least it isn't a bad thing because I feel many would be tired of the judgment cliffhanger that they always did RIGHT after trying the dishes. And also, you said yourself you want the arc to be over soon because the situation isn't appealing to you. :ermm:

Edited by Phantom_999, 08 July 2016 - 09:56 PM.

#2557 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,561 posts

Posted 09 July 2016 - 02:36 AM

thoughts

They cut out Soma meeting that reporter boy and going over to Erina to ask for help in understanding "the importance of a bento." Which also help humanize and flesh out Erina further because she had just gotten introduce to manga.

Edited by Bail o' Lies, 09 July 2016 - 06:05 AM.

#2558 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,561 posts

Posted 09 July 2016 - 02:46 AM

They always have like a three chapter set up.

First chapter set up the challege as something Soma can't possibly win at and everyone doubting him. Last two pages are him coming up with so plan if he hasn't already.

Second chapter is Soma cooking the food with his idea. While he doing that people doubt his food will be any good even when they get a whiff of the food that instantly makes them turned on. He present the food and they eat it.

Third Chapter they continue to eat  the food while Soma explains what he did to make such an incredible dish normally with some cheap trick. They continue to eat the food increasingly turning more and more on until they get some weird ass fantasy. Then Soma wins generally.

#2559 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,985 posts

Posted 09 July 2016 - 12:17 PM

They cut out Soma meeting that reporter boy and going over to Erina to ask for help in understanding "the importance of a bento." Which also help humanize and flesh out Erina further because she had just gotten introduce to manga.

Uh, no That wasn't it. That happens later with a beef stew (chapter 83 if you're curious). They cut out the chapter when Soma and Megumi went with Satoshi to cook for  some kids in daycare and Soma heard fom Megumi about cooking for a loved one. Not sure if the lesson stuck with him there but it was a cute moment and I loved the kids (especially that small tsundere girl) :lol: hopefully it's an OVA too like the the Public Pool episode

Edited by Phantom_999, 09 July 2016 - 08:27 PM.

#2560 RyohkiFan

RyohkiFan

Ryo The Hero!!

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,974 posts

Posted 09 July 2016 - 05:14 PM

That doesn't happen til his second match so it may appear

Joui Four

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users