#2521 Diadochi

Diadochi

Rookie

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 92 posts
  • Interests:History, manga, anime, fitness

Posted 28 September 2014 - 05:46 AM

In regards to 693, who knew this is what Kishi had in mind when he didn't complete Naruto's sentence about not yet finding a woman like his mother back in 691. This better be the last hurdle to overcome since the ending is so near.

Gtu9I59.jpg

ALEXANDER III of MACEDON

(356-323 B.C.E)

#2522 luffyq1

luffyq1

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,371 posts

Posted 28 September 2014 - 05:49 AM

In regards to 693, who knew this is what Kishi had in mind when he didn't complete Naruto's sentence about not yet finding a woman like his mother back in 691. This better be the last hurdle to overcome since the ending is so near.

It's a good thing I stop being emotionally invested into NS. At this point it's not even worth it anymore. Too many curve balls for my taste.

Untitled_zpsbc671263.png

#2523 Diadochi

Diadochi

Rookie

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 92 posts

Posted 28 September 2014 - 05:56 AM

It's a good thing I stop being emotionally invested into NS. At this point it's not even worth it anymore. Too many curve balls for my taste.

I agree. There's only so much curve-balls someone can take before they find it ridiculous. I get that Kishi wants suspense, but to shatter the logic within the story to do it? He did the same thing with Kakashi and his PS ass-pull just for shock value.

Gtu9I59.jpg

ALEXANDER III of MACEDON

(356-323 B.C.E)

#2524 Khaleesi

Khaleesi

Mother of dragons

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,237 posts

Posted 28 September 2014 - 06:19 AM

I expected more from Kakashi. At least something like this:

sht.gif

dumbo-pink-elephants-on-parade1.gif?w=50

queen-harley.tumblr.com

#2525 Shadow1275

Shadow1275

Lone Wolf

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,613 posts
  • Interests:I have lots of hobbies..

Posted 28 September 2014 - 06:22 AM

I agree. There's only so much curve-balls someone can take before they find it ridiculous. I get that Kishi wants suspense, but to shatter the logic within the story to do it? He did the same thing with Kakashi and his PS ass-pull just for shock value.

There are better ways to handle the curveballs though. Like setting up certain plot twists with hidden logic. For example, the reveal that Darth Vader was Luke's father. While the twist is one of the best in history, it still shocked ppl. However, it was set up so that it still made sense within the story. For example, when Obi-wan talks about Luke's father he avoids using terms like death and you get the vibe that he is trying to avoid Luke's question. 

A better example within Naruto is Sasuke leaving the village. You'd expect after Kakashi's talk that he would stay bc it shows him thinking of Sakura and Naruto as companions. But instead he leaves the village. However, we also have his constant loner attitude, his lust for power, and his thirst for revenge so the twist still makes sense. 

He Who is Brave is Free-Seneca

^I have a lightsaber your argument is invalid^

"You may be called upon yet again to defend the glory of the Republic against the tyranny of the Dark Side. For this, is the destiny, of the Jedi..."

#2526 ns.Believe.It

ns.Believe.It

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,320 posts
  • Interests:Coding, Long walks, Driving.
    Arsenal FC.

Posted 28 September 2014 - 06:45 AM

I wish this had happened

tumblr_mzzew0nSyr1t3jjq1o1_500.gif

'No matter what I do, I guess Happiness is a feeling that I'll never experience'

#2527 Gojira

Gojira

Kyuubi

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,217 posts

Posted 28 September 2014 - 06:52 AM

The sad part is even after this and LOI and 540 Sakura will still most likely see Sasuke as more boyfriend material than Naruto.

eh10ut.jpg

#2528 Iwantbuns

Iwantbuns

Liana loves yellow o_o

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,374 posts
  • Location:What does that even mean? My 'location' changes all the time...
  • Interests:NaruSaku, SasuNaru, SasuHina, Sakura, Naruto, Hinata, Sasuke, Gaara, Itachi, Kakashi, Madara (especially when he's badass xD), Hashirama's laugh <3, forums, debating about random s**t, bananas, lemons, the color yellow, the number 29, people cheating on other people, people killing themselves, the power of bonds and s**t, anime, manga, Dragon Ball, Dragon Ball Z, One Piece, Bleach, Sailor Moon, Fairy Tail, Pokemon, Death Note, Yu-Gi-Oh, and much more, chibis, drawing, dogs, cats, frogs, angst, tragedy, fluff, music, punk rock, piano, dubstep, trance, Avril Lavigne, OneRepublic, Ed Sheeran, Paramore, monsters, zombies, vampires, demons, violence, sex, supernatural s**t, food, fat people, anorexic people, Dora the Explorer, and Barney the mother-effing dinosaur. :)

Posted 28 September 2014 - 07:00 AM

So who's looking forward to Sasuke vs Naruto? I mean, this whole manga's been leading up to this point..

tumblr_inline_miqmooGYSM1qz4rgp.gif

Why do people NOT ship these two? I just don't get it.

Probably cause they hate Sakura. When she's probably the most developed female character in the whole show.

I respect Hinata, but Sakura deserves some too.

#2529 Uzumaki9000

Uzumaki9000

Academy Teacher

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 618 posts
  • Interests:Movies, drawing, painting, reading and video games.

Posted 28 September 2014 - 07:02 AM

So who's looking forward to Sasuke vs Naruto? I mean, this whole manga's been leading up to this point..

I am! I hope the fight is like Man of Steel. I want to see badassariness.

#2530 Gojira

Gojira

Kyuubi

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,217 posts

Posted 28 September 2014 - 07:04 AM

Just imagine this scene with Jack Sparrow as Kishimoto and William turner being the NaruSaku fandom with the British navy being that of NH and SS. (And it's funny because it all involves ships.)

I disagree there was no scene of Jack pushing William Turner off the ship after escaping the british. 

eh10ut.jpg

#2531 xxRomanceGirlxx

xxRomanceGirlxx

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,815 posts
  • Interests:Reading, Writing, Debating, Anime/Manga (Naruto, Inuyasha, DBZ, Hetalia etc.), TV shows, Shipping
    Dislikes: Bashing, Double standards, Hypocrisy, NaruHina, SasuSaku, SasuKarin
    OTPs: NaruSaku (Naruto), Bangel (BtVS), InuKag (Inuyasha), LeafpoolxCrowfeather (Warriors), Percabeth (PJS), Kataang (AtLA)

Posted 28 September 2014 - 07:05 AM

I actually am looking forward to Naruto vs. Sasuke fight, but mostly to avoid what happened last chapter. I don't want any more pairing/Sakura drama right now. -_-

"I absolutely can't let you die! I can't! I won't let you die ... your stupid dream ... now it's ... it's right in front of us!!"                                                                             ----Sakura Haruno                                                                              

#2532 merryGOflava

merryGOflava

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,386 posts

Posted 28 September 2014 - 07:08 AM

eh sure why not...it's not like we've been waiting forever or anything. Though after reading this chapter and knowing Sakura probably won't even be conscious for the fight, kinda bums me out.

tumblr_mp2s5jvShD1svjcb7o1_250.gif

#2533 narusaku256

narusaku256

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,975 posts
  • Interests:Everything :D

Posted 28 September 2014 - 07:10 AM

The sad part is even after this and LOI and 540 Sakura will still most likely see Sasuke as more boyfriend material than Naruto.

This is not true. If she hasn't even realised her feelings for Naruto and is yet hung up on Sasuke, how can you say that she will see Sasuke as more of boyfriend material than Naruto? She thinks that way because she is still too hung up on him without realising her feelings for Naruto. Let her first realise her feelings for Naruto atleast.

If she can stick to the wrong guy despite him breaking all his limits, falling too damn low and treating her even worse than kitten for this long then I cannot imagine her dedication and the support she will offer to the right guy....Everything has a way out....let's just see where it all goes...

tumblr_nokgzxLJ4A1ts94lmo1_500.gif

#2534 Gojira

Gojira

Kyuubi

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,217 posts

Posted 28 September 2014 - 07:10 AM

I was looking forward to he fight all throughout Part 2.....then I got tired of waiting, then the fight with Pain happened, after that everything with Sasuke seemed.....insignificant and forced.

eh10ut.jpg

#2535 Shadow1275

Shadow1275

Lone Wolf

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,613 posts
  • Interests:I have lots of hobbies..

Posted 28 September 2014 - 07:16 AM

Meh... we already know the outcome. a tnj sasuke. kinda kills the moment. its like someone telling u that anakin won't turn to the dark side in episode 3

He Who is Brave is Free-Seneca

^I have a lightsaber your argument is invalid^

"You may be called upon yet again to defend the glory of the Republic against the tyranny of the Dark Side. For this, is the destiny, of the Jedi..."

#2536 Diadochi

Diadochi

Rookie

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 92 posts

Posted 28 September 2014 - 07:23 AM

After the battle is over, do you guys think that Kakashi & Sakura will rush over to the sight, considering the fact that Kakashi's been there before already so he should have an idea on where they went. Plus it would match Kishi's obsession with parallels: in Part I, Kakashi arrived with Paku. Now he can arrive with Sakura.

Gtu9I59.jpg

ALEXANDER III of MACEDON

(356-323 B.C.E)

#2537 ramenanmitsu

ramenanmitsu

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,414 posts

Posted 28 September 2014 - 07:25 AM

There is so much Kakashi bashing. I think he is a character with many problems. But I still think he's the best among other team seven members-Naruto, Sakura, Sasuke.

The other three have gone far down for me to even defend them. I can't take those three seriously and there's very little I can admire about them anymore....

Edited by ramenanmitsu, 28 September 2014 - 07:27 AM.

268702-181926-kaworu-nagisa.jpg

#2538 ns.Believe.It

ns.Believe.It

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,320 posts
    Arsenal FC.

Posted 28 September 2014 - 07:25 AM

Me. This fight has a lot of potential. If Kishi keeps the bromance to a minimum and focuses more on action, it could rival any of the best DragonBall series fights. I hope he doesn't rush it and does justice to this fight. Like you say, its THE biggest event this manga has to offer.

'No matter what I do, I guess Happiness is a feeling that I'll never experience'

#2539 Iwantbuns

Iwantbuns

Liana loves yellow o_o

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,374 posts
  • Location:What does that even mean? My 'location' changes all the time...
  • Interests:NaruSaku, SasuNaru, SasuHina, Sakura, Naruto, Hinata, Sasuke, Gaara, Itachi, Kakashi, Madara (especially when he's badass xD), Hashirama's laugh <3, forums, debating about random s**t, bananas, lemons, the color yellow, the number 29, people cheating on other people, people killing themselves, the power of bonds and s**t, anime, manga, Dragon Ball, Dragon Ball Z, One Piece, Bleach, Sailor Moon, Fairy Tail, Pokemon, Death Note, Yu-Gi-Oh, and much more, chibis, drawing, dogs, cats, frogs, angst, tragedy, fluff, music, punk rock, piano, dubstep, trance, Avril Lavigne, OneRepublic, Ed Sheeran, Paramore, monsters, zombies, vampires, demons, violence, sex, supernatural s**t, food, fat people, anorexic people, Dora the Explorer, and Barney the mother-effing dinosaur. :)

Posted 28 September 2014 - 07:42 AM

There is so much Kakashi bashing. I think he is a character with many problems. But I still think he's the best among other team seven members-Naruto, Sakura, Sasuke.
The other three have gone far down for me to even defend them. I can't take those three seriously and there's very little I can admire about them anymore....

Are you kidding? Even Kakashi went through his own fair share of annoying issues... And on top of that, I don't think he was the best team leader to Team 7. He could've done better to be honest.

I think the only one I respect the most from Team 7 is Naruto. At least he moves on from his issues and takes action towards the things that happen around him. Something about his personality seems more refreshing from all the Team 7 drama. He's realistic, even when he goes through a lot. And he doesn't make the mistakes that his other teammates make. He might feel like he's messing up somehow, but I think that's obviously not true..

tumblr_inline_miqmooGYSM1qz4rgp.gif

Why do people NOT ship these two? I just don't get it.

Probably cause they hate Sakura. When she's probably the most developed female character in the whole show.

I respect Hinata, but Sakura deserves some too.

#2540 ns.Believe.It

ns.Believe.It

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,320 posts
    Arsenal FC.

Posted 28 September 2014 - 08:08 AM

Are you kidding? Even Kakashi went through his own fair share of annoying issues... And on top of that, I don't think he was the best team leader to Team 7. He could've done better to be honest.

I think the only one I respect the most from Team 7 is Naruto. At least he moves on from his issues and takes action towards the things that happen around him. Something about his personality seems more refreshing from all the Team 7 drama. He's realistic, even when he goes through a lot. And he doesn't make the mistakes that his other teammates make. He might feel like he's messing up somehow, but I think that's obviously not true..

You make good points but I think ramenanmitsu meant that Kakashi is unfairly being made into a scapegoat here. I agree with him. Why is Kakashi being bashed just because he said something about love? Tbf, I can't understand some of the posts here. Some are bashing Naruto, some are bashing Sakura, some are bashing Sasuke and some are bashing Kakashi. Its unnecessary. 

And I also agree with ramenanmitsu when he says Kakashi remains the only member of Team Seven that a reader can understand. The others are just a tad unrealistic. This is just my opinion though.

Naruto's obsession with Sasuke makes no sense, Sakura's unwavering love for Sasuke makes no sense and Sasuke...Don't even get me started on the way Sasuke's been written. Sometimes, like last chapter, Sasuke makes the most sense but in the very next chapters he makes absolutely zero sense. 

Edited by ns.Believe.It, 28 September 2014 - 08:12 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users