#24361 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 09 June 2017 - 03:45 PM

What have they done?

You can't miss it. It's the cover from the latest Boruto chapter with a hooker.

#24362 T XD

T XD

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,778 posts

Posted 09 June 2017 - 10:18 PM

You can't miss it. It's the cover from the latest Boruto chapter with a hooker.

A cover of Boruto with a hooker ?

Edited by T XD, 09 June 2017 - 10:22 PM.

#24363 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 09 June 2017 - 10:32 PM

Reversed. Just go to naruto forums now.

#24364 T XD

T XD

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,778 posts

Posted 09 June 2017 - 10:44 PM

Reversed. Just go to naruto forums now.

I mean there's a cover in the Boruto manga of Boruto and a hooker ?

About the Naruto Forums, isn't the banner supposed to me in the home page ? Cause I didn't see any banner of Boruto.

Edited by T XD, 09 June 2017 - 10:46 PM.

#24365 ultranx

ultranx

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,884 posts
  • Interests:DBZ, naruto, pokemon, digimon, one piece, megaman, sonic, legend of zelda, yugioh,gurren lagann, transformers, kingdom hearts, yuyu hakusho, sword art online, tmnt, gundam.

Posted 09 June 2017 - 10:56 PM

This current timeliness is confusing than the X-Men timeliness before days came out.

I agree it is confusing, but I'll explain it. 

first class, xmen, x2, last stand,  the wolverine, then days of future past. x men origins wolverine is a movie based around wolverine's past from the beginning to the weapon x project. days of future past takes place after in the bad future, and the past wolverine travels to is right after first class, then apocalypse takes place right after the events in the past during days of future past.

logan, I haven't watched because of the political propaganda in it, I don't watch movies for politics nor will I ever, politics are not the most important thing in existence and I don't like how the news and hollywood are acting like it is.

deadpool I'm pretty sure is its own thing that was crowdfunded.

as for the moronic stuff in the last stand, that's just because that movie was completely stupidly written, by a different writer too, that's why when the old writer came back to make days, he wrote days to not only have an amazing story out of every other x men movie in the timeline, but made it to purposefully erase last stand from existence and make a new timeline that mainly uses first class while keeping the end of days with logan waking as the future of the timeline.

the thing about apocalypse is when logan went back in time, he informed the professor of every single event in the past timeline, the big one being the phoenix saga, so apocalypse is a timeline where the professor actively kept his promise to logan and trained jean to control her phoenix powers, so I don't think its hinting at a phoenix saga but maybe a dark phoenix to fight? idk. when she beat apocalypse though, that wasn't hinting at phoenix powers, that was her fully controlling those powers after the professor trained her. what happened in the last stand timeline is the professor didn't train her to use them but put some kind of mental block on them.

I'm not really big about dc and marvel comics because of all the complex timeline and alternate universe mess so I prefer the movies and cartoons, I'm pretty good though at figuring out complex  stuff like this in cartoons, movies, anime, books, manga, video games, etc. maybe because I love reading so much and used to go to the library all the time and understood all of tom's speeches on toonami when I was a kid while at the same time being big on video games and scifi, all while having mild high functioning autism, all that when I was 6? idk 'shrugs'.

I would predict how every anime/manga would end except for naruto, and I even understood terminator genisys's timeline the first time watching it, and thought it was a pretty well written but too complex timeline that literally left no way for skynet to come back, skynet was dead, so when they started trying to announce the sequel,

I was like "why the flip are you trying to make a sequel on a super complicated scifi timeline that's well written that literally leaves no way to bring back skynet, did you make it that good while not paying attention and wanting it to fit a sequel?"

its about dragon ball super timeline complicated, but involving I think 4 or 5 different timelines and making 1 new one instead of just starting with 2 and ending with 2 new ones.

also arnold was literally a living time paradox at the end of the movie, he was made of parts from a corrupt future and parts of the past starting a new timeline where skynet didn't exist.  but the parts were developed in the past before skynet evolved into skynet, so that's why he didn't cease to exist, absorbing those parts in the past kept him existing. 

to explain it, kyle traveled back in time to save sarah, but a arnold terminator from the timeline skynet ceased to exist at the end of the movie saved her from a terminator sent early by skynet, and the arnold terminator was built by either the child kyle in new timeline, or the surviving older sarah and kyle in the new timeline. and then they traveled forward in time with kyle to stop skynet because the date skynet came to exist changed, and they met the child kyle there, but seeing that the early terminator failed too decided to create a new corrupt future by converting john connor into a terminator and sending him after his parents in the past, but they beat him and then destroyed the program that became the ai that evolved into skynet before skynet could exist, and since there's no skynet in the new timeline but living future arnold, sarah, and kyle in the new timeline along with the child sarah and kyle, they could actively send arnold and any other terminators  they make after skynet if it tries something, and skynet is guaranteed to fail because he has no idea of the new timeline, so they basically made skynet unable to save itself no matter what.

hope I explained that okay enough.

I may have had too much caffeine, 4 and a half hrs of sleep, and been reading constantly when I wasn't sleeping or at work? hehehe.

Edited by ultranx, 10 June 2017 - 01:35 AM.

tumblr_mba4mg4Ip61ryf7dio1_r1_500.gif

#24366 VanitasDS76491

VanitasDS76491

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,249 posts
  • Interests:Narusaku, Naruto, Bleach,,RWBY, Fairy Tail, Kill la Kill. Dragon Ball Series, Attack on Titan, Kingdom Hearts, Final Fantasy, Resident Evil, The Last of Us, Hellsing, Yu-Gi-oh, Digimon, Rave Master, The Middle-Earth Saga, Star Wars, Marvel Comics, MCU, Superman, Batman, DC Comics, Metal Gear Series, Transformers Series, Devil May Cry, Bioshock Series, One Piece, Claymore, Full Metal Alchemist, Yu Yu Hakusko, Soul Eater.

Posted 09 June 2017 - 11:52 PM

I agree it is confusing, but I'll explain it. 
first class, xmen, x2, last stand,  the wolverine, then days of future past. x men origins wolverine is a movie based around wolverine's past from the beginning to the weapon x project. days of future past takes place after in the bad future, and the past wolverine travels to is right after first class, then apocalypse takes place right after the events in the past during days of future past.

logan, I haven't watched because of the political propaganda in it, I don't watch movies for politics nor will I ever, politics are not the most important thing in existence and I don't like how the news and hollywood are acting like it is.

as for the moronic stuff in the last stand, that's just because that movie was completely stupidly written, by a different writer too, that's why when the old writer came back to make days, he wrote days to not only have an amazing story out of every other x men movie in the timeline, but made it to purposefully erase last stand from existence and make a new timeline that mainly uses first class while keeping the end of days with logan waking as the future of the timeline.

the thing about apocalypse is when logan went back in time, he informed the professor of every single event in the past timeline, the big one being the phoenix saga, so apocalypse is a timeline where the professor actively kept his promise to logan and trained jean to control her phoenix powers, so I don't think its hinting at a phoenix saga but maybe a dark phoenix to fight? idk. when she beat apocalypse though, that wasn't hinting at phoenix powers, that was her fully controlling those powers after the professor trained her. what happened in the last stand timeline is the professor didn't train her to use them but put some kind of mental block on them.

I'm not really big about dc and marvel comics because of all the complex timeline and alternate universe mess so I prefer the movies and cartoons, I'm pretty good though at figuring out complex  stuff like this in cartoons, movies, anime, books, manga, video games, etc. maybe because I love reading so much and used to go to the library all the time and understood all of tom's speeches on toonami when I was a kid while at the same time being big on video games and scifi, all while having mild high functioning autism, all that when I was 6? idk 'shrugs'.

Dude I can follow ther kingdom Hearts series fine and bioshock infinite fine.
Watch Logan it's basically If marvel crossed x-men with the last of us and it's awesome.
Origins never happened in this new timeline cause of the scene in apocalypse were Jean let Logan out.

#24367 ultranx

ultranx

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,884 posts
  • Interests:DBZ, naruto, pokemon, digimon, one piece, megaman, sonic, legend of zelda, yugioh,gurren lagann, transformers, kingdom hearts, yuyu hakusho, sword art online, tmnt, gundam.

Posted 10 June 2017 - 01:10 AM

Dude I can follow ther kingdom Hearts series fine and bioshock infinite fine.
Watch Logan it's basically If marvel crossed x-men with the last of us and it's awesome.
Origins never happened in this new timeline cause of the scene in apocalypse were Jean let Logan out.

true, I guess I should, but I'm kinda wary of watching it because I can pick up on the subtle donald trump hate references put in the plot to the point they are vague and hard to notice, subliminal messages. I don't have a problem with the movie other than that, the fact they are trying to influence me on politics with something like an x men movie, because I feel politics don't belong in  fictional action movies, and that a political view shouldn't be twisted around into meaning someone is a douche, all because of a different opinion, because we are human, having different points of view and being unique while having flaws is what makes us human. but lately people in this world are treating opinions and beliefs as fact and hating people over it, and I'm tired of it and wish people would get along, but that's life for ya.

has nothing to do with being a donald trump supporter, I'm not, I didn't vote because I trusted neither and don't care for politics, I get sick of hearing about politics, and this obsession people have over it is driving me crazy.

yup, I've definitely had too much caffeine....

sorry, didn't mean to vent about the constant politics/fake msm situation. I just really like talking to you guys on this forum, because you don't judge me over stupid things or stereotypes and we can get along talking about naruto and every other series we enjoy. and I'm so wary right now I fear someone will censor this, with how crazy internet censorship is right now.

also I'll be honest: I've never watched The Last of Us. Not because I didn't like it, I just didn't know about it or how good it was, was uninformed, now I'll most likely give it a shot. ^_^

Edited by ultranx, 10 June 2017 - 01:43 AM.

#24368 VanitasDS76491

VanitasDS76491

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,249 posts
  • Interests:Narusaku, Naruto, Bleach,,RWBY, Fairy Tail, Kill la Kill. Dragon Ball Series, Attack on Titan, Kingdom Hearts, Final Fantasy, Resident Evil, The Last of Us, Hellsing, Yu-Gi-oh, Digimon, Rave Master, The Middle-Earth Saga, Star Wars, Marvel Comics, MCU, Superman, Batman, DC Comics, Metal Gear Series, Transformers Series, Devil May Cry, Bioshock Series, One Piece, Claymore, Full Metal Alchemist, Yu Yu Hakusko, Soul Eater.

Posted 10 June 2017 - 02:18 AM

true, I guess I should, but I'm kinda wary of watching it because I can pick up on the subtle donald trump hate references put in the plot to the point they are vague and hard to notice, subliminal messages. I don't have a problem with the movie other than that, the fact they are trying to influence me on politics with something like an x men movie, because I feel politics don't belong in  fictional action movies, and that a political view shouldn't be twisted around into meaning someone is a douche, all because of a different opinion, because we are human, having different points of view and being unique while having flaws is what makes us human. but lately people in this world are treating opinions and beliefs as fact and hating people over it, and I'm tired of it and wish people would get along, but that's life for ya.
has nothing to do with being a donald trump supporter, I'm not, I didn't vote because I trusted neither and don't care for politics, I get sick of hearing about politics, and this obsession people have over it is driving me crazy.

yup, I've definitely had too much caffeine....

sorry, didn't mean to vent about the constant politics/fake msm situation. I just really like talking to you guys on this forum, because you don't judge me over stupid things or stereotypes and we can get along talking about naruto and every other series we enjoy. and I'm so wary right now I fear someone will censor this, with how crazy internet censorship is right now.

also I'll be honest: I've never watched The Last of Us. Not because I didn't like it, I just didn't know about it or how good it was, was uninformed, now I'll most likely give it a shot. ^_^

I never noticed tramp hate I was more engrossed in the story and Logan himself to notice. I well say it is Burtal and takes advantage of its r rating. Hugh Jackman took a pay cut to get the r rating for the movie and it's the second best x-men movie if you don't count Deadpool. Hugh and Patrick are great together one last time.
The last of us is a game and it's done by the studio that did the uncharted series. It's so good and very deep, and it's troy baker's best role as Joel.
It's fine share your opinion you're free to since most times on the Internet you can't have one especially in fandom especially in naruto.

#24369 ultranx

ultranx

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,884 posts

Posted 10 June 2017 - 02:56 AM

I never noticed tramp hate I was more engrossed in the story and Logan himself to notice. I well say it is Burtal and takes advantage of its r rating. Hugh Jackman took a pay cut to get the r rating for the movie and it's the second best x-men movie if you don't count Deadpool. Hugh and Patrick are great together one last time.
The last of us is a game and it's done by the studio that did the uncharted series. It's so good and very deep, and it's troy baker's best role as Joel.
It's fine share your opinion you're free to since most times on the Internet you can't have one especially in fandom especially in naruto.

agree 100%, thanks for understanding, I'll ignore the trump stuff and give the logan movie a shot, though I kinda have an idea of how it will play out from watching the little girl who has the claws like logan from the cartoons. and I'm pretty sure from what I saw from cinema sin's video on the movie that's similar.

and I haven't played the uncharted series, same with fall out, I'm just not into the genre, also have never played bioshock, usually that kinda stuff I usually prefer to watch playthroughs of than play myself. I'll watch a playthrough of the last of us to decide whether to watch it or play it, though it'll have to wait til I finish watching the playthrough of The World Ends with You, a nintendo ds rpg that's pretty good, my friend brian loves it and talked me into trying it and so far its awesome. the characters neku and shiki in kingdom hearts 3d dream drop distance are from the world ends with you. as for kingdom hearts, I usually prefer watching it though to be fair I haven't watched everything big of kingdom hearts fully, mainly I've only watched the games with sora, I probably should watch everything, I've been trying to decide whether to make kingdom hearts 3 my first played game or to get the collection with the first 2 games and then get it, or just stick with watching the story. I just don't want to play it if I suck at that kind of gameplay, when that happens I prefer to watch, though I won't know unless I try I guess. I did okay with the kingdom hearts 3d demo I think, but that was just the demo.

Edited by ultranx, 10 June 2017 - 02:59 AM.

#24370 dl316bh

dl316bh

International Smug Elitist

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,519 posts

Posted 10 June 2017 - 05:09 AM

Logan filmed in early 2016. Granted, during and after the primaries, but the full screenplay was done in January. It was done a little too early for the current volatility to take shape and be worth commenting on. On top of that, it's a violent western with Wolverine. It draws heavily from Shane, so much so that the ending even has lines from it. It's fine, man.

I had a whole thing written out about politicization, pointing out how everything is written by men and reflects not just the times they were written in, but the anxieties and issues of the people making them, but eh, it's not worth it. I'm just gonna note it's a surprising thing to hear someone worried about, given we're talking about an X-Men character. They were born a metaphor for race relations. Bobby Drakes scene with his family in... I think it was X2, was deliberately staged and themed like a gay teenager trying to come out to their parents. Weighty, often political issues are in their DNA.

Deadpool was a Twentieth Century Fox film. It's amazing they didn't ruin it, given Fox has meddled with and ****ed up so many movies in their time. There's no way you could crowdfund the fifty eight million that was spent on that film, especially given they'd have to add in the cost of getting the rights from Fox, if they were even willing to part with them. That's not even touching the cost to promote. Hell, I think the highest thing that's ever been crowdfunded tops out at twenty million. For a watch.

I don't like when they mix and change things especially with main characters. They make the movies weaken.

Eh, the alternative was a reboot. Which might have been the better route to take, frankly. But then, we wouldn't have Days of Future Past and I know a lot of people like that movie. Frankly, I think it's just easier to forget the original X-Men trilogy and just take the current crop as its own thing. The only one I ever really liked was the first X-Men anyway. X2 never did much for me, frankly, and The Last Stand was what it was.

Edited by dl316bh, 10 June 2017 - 05:11 AM.

bd5.jpg

#24371 VanitasDS76491

VanitasDS76491

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,249 posts

Posted 10 June 2017 - 09:35 AM

agree 100%, thanks for understanding, I'll ignore the trump stuff and give the logan movie a shot, though I kinda have an idea of how it will play out from watching the little girl who has the claws like logan from the cartoons. and I'm pretty sure from what I saw from cinema sin's video on the movie that's similar.

and I haven't played the uncharted series, same with fall out, I'm just not into the genre, also have never played bioshock, usually that kinda stuff I usually prefer to watch playthroughs of than play myself. I'll watch a playthrough of the last of us to decide whether to watch it or play it, though it'll have to wait til I finish watching the playthrough of The World Ends with You, a nintendo ds rpg that's pretty good, my friend brian loves it and talked me into trying it and so far its awesome. the characters neku and shiki in kingdom hearts 3d dream drop distance are from the world ends with you. as for kingdom hearts, I usually prefer watching it though to be fair I haven't watched everything big of kingdom hearts fully, mainly I've only watched the games with sora, I probably should watch everything, I've been trying to decide whether to make kingdom hearts 3 my first played game or to get the collection with the first 2 games and then get it, or just stick with watching the story. I just don't want to play it if I suck at that kind of gameplay, when that happens I prefer to watch, though I won't know unless I try I guess. I did okay with the kingdom hearts 3d demo I think, but that was just the demo.

I did see a review of boots to reboots giving thoughs on Logan and the guys evil side said "2029 that can't be right, where's the great Wall of America" and it cuts to a picture of trump in construction outfit making a wall it's a funny joke.
Which kingdom Hearts games have you watched?
Don't go into 3 unless you've watch the other games or you will be lost, check team Fourstar streams of them.

#24372 ultranx

ultranx

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,884 posts

Posted 10 June 2017 - 03:05 PM

I did see a review of boots to reboots giving thoughs on Logan and the guys evil side said "2029 that can't be right, where's the great Wall of America" and it cuts to a picture of trump in construction outfit making a wall it's a funny joke.
Which kingdom Hearts games have you watched?
Don't go into 3 unless you've watch the other games or you will be lost, check team Fourstar streams of them.

I've watched kingdom hearts 1, 2, 3d, and I think the ones with aqua, and then a few on the side, but alot I haven't watched fully, so I don't understand the story and themes 100%, I'd say more like 70%?

dl316bh to be fair, that's the first movie I've actually seen with the political mess in movies of franchises I'm interested in, and I just don't feel good about that being in a plot of something I enjoy like x men. because unlike most people I don't think politics are in someone's dna or that they should govern your way of viewing everything, morals and stuff you learn in life should, because then you have the world like it is now where people treat people like crap just because of a disagreement on politics. its like how with the ghostbusters movie, even if you weren't interested in that form of comedy they called you sexist and if you had criticism for pokemon ultra sun and ultra moon they call you kids and say if they had kids that disliked the game they would throw those kids out of the house all because they didn't like a game the guy liked and because he thinks just because of wars going on you should be grateful on everything in life even if you waste your money. people being that crazy lately. its like they want us to be emotionless robots with all the same beliefs and opinions, same mind and everything, instead of being unique and human, and the idea of that disgusts me.

Edited by ultranx, 10 June 2017 - 03:14 PM.

#24373 VanitasDS76491

VanitasDS76491

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,249 posts

Posted 10 June 2017 - 06:03 PM

I've watched kingdom hearts 1, 2, 3d, and I think the ones with aqua, and then a few on the side, but alot I haven't watched fully, so I don't understand the story and themes 100%, I'd say more like 70%?

dl316bh to be fair, that's the first movie I've actually seen with the political mess in movies of franchises I'm interested in, and I just don't feel good about that being in a plot of something I enjoy like x men. because unlike most people I don't think politics are in someone's dna or that they should govern your way of viewing everything, morals and stuff you learn in life should, because then you have the world like it is now where people treat people like crap just because of a disagreement on politics. its like how with the ghostbusters movie, even if you weren't interested in that form of comedy they called you sexist and if you had criticism for pokemon ultra sun and ultra moon they call you kids and say if they had kids that disliked the game they would throw those kids out of the house all because they didn't like a game the guy liked and because he thinks just because of wars going on you should be grateful on everything in life even if you waste your money. people being that crazy lately. its like they want us to be emotionless robots with all the same beliefs and opinions, same mind and everything, instead of being unique and human, and the idea of that disgusts me.

The order goes x-back cover, birth by sleep, kh 1, chain of memories, 358/2days,2 coded, 3d, 0.2.
The whole theme of x-men was about politics especially with senator Kelly and trask, and Magento.
Honestly I'm waiting for us to wind up destroying ourselves.
I didn't see the new Ghostbusters cause it didn't look funny or have the heart or character of the first two, it's not about the whole cast are women, hell I watch rwby which the main cast are all girls and it's awesome.

#24374 ultranx

ultranx

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,884 posts

Posted 10 June 2017 - 09:41 PM

The order goes x-back cover, birth by sleep, kh 1, chain of memories, 358/2days,2 coded, 3d, 0.2.
The whole theme of x-men was about politics especially with senator Kelly and trask, and Magento.
I didn't see the new Ghostbusters cause it didn't look funny or have the heart or character of the first two, it's not about the whole cast are women, hell I watch rwby which the main cast are all girls and it's awesome.

okay thanks, now I know where to start on kingdom hearts to make sure I understand the story.

yeah, its just unlike usual this movie also was written in a way it has an undertone of trying to make out trump to be a guy named donald trying to kill illegals, and I don't like hearing about trump or any person involved in politics in the real world, in something like a fictional series. its like its trying to secretly force my opinion to change, and I'm too smart for that xD its not that its stating its about trump but they're wording the plot and name of the villain in a way that its secretly trying to influence people to dislike trump, and I don't like politics going that far in movies. I just don't want to hear anything about trump or any other kinds of politics or people involved with politics, I'm sick of hearing it and sick of people obsessing over it xD

yeah, if this keeps up we will destroy ourselves. a customer at work told me a good idea though.

"Society has a tendency to judge people alot. You should not worry about people judging you but instead worry about being who you are and being happy enjoying life, and  trying to make other people's days better."

I have a tendency of always worrying about how the world is going to crap and about how others judge me because I'm always afraid of something happening to me or I get in trouble, I'm too paranoid. so I'm gonna do that now.

also agree 100% I also didn't think ghost busters was funny and also think rwby was better and more well written. I'm still waiting on rwby's next season xD

Edited by ultranx, 10 June 2017 - 09:57 PM.

#24375 VanitasDS76491

VanitasDS76491

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,249 posts

Posted 10 June 2017 - 09:45 PM

okay thanks, now I know where to start on kingdom hearts to make sure I understand the story. also agree 100% I also didn't think ghost busters was funny and also think rwby was better and more well written. I'm still waiting on rwby's next season xD

Ok good but with birth by sleep the stories intersect so you'll see thing already shown in the three stories.
I didn't even watch the new Ghostbusters movie but just saw the nostalgia critic do a review of it.
I just got rwby volume 4 and can't wait to watch it after how great volume 3 was. Can't wait to see season 5 in fall.
Who's your favorite character in rwby mine's yang and qrow.

#24376 dl316bh

dl316bh

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,519 posts

Posted 10 June 2017 - 10:08 PM

because unlike most people I don't think politics are in someone's dna or that they should govern your way of viewing everything, morals and stuff you learn in life should, because then you have the world like it is now where people treat people like crap just because of a disagreement on politics.

It would be nice if that were true, but there are a lot of people who base their identity around their politics. Everyday people, not just politicians. It's why some of them get so angry; when you're attacking their politics, it's like you're attacking them.

That, and treating people like crap because of a disagreement in politics, is not new. That's just how it is. The only difference now is everybody is on social media and are constantly presented with reinforcement or opposition, hence all the arguments. So it seems worse than usual. There's no barrier to posting your thoughts or someone responding to them. All it's done is bring it all out in the open. I mean, we had a civil war over it, once. People and their views once became so irreconcilable that two halves of the country decided to shoot each other for four years. We're not exactly at critical mass, even right now, compared to that.

But they do govern your way of viewing things, because politics is just a fancy catch-all term for your views on issues. A storytellers "politics" are almost always bleeding into work, whether it be books, movies or otherwise. At least partly because every story is about something and the ones that aren't usually aren't worth their salt. Most of the classics pull from the writers personal views, politics and experiences. I could seriously run down a short list of them, but I'm not gonna drop that on you guys unfettered. I've noticed the longer posts I write are sometimes just glossed over anyway and this one went long as it is.

to be fair, that's the first movie I've actually seen with the political mess in movies of franchises I'm interested in, and I just don't feel good about that being in a plot of something I enjoy like x men.

The plot is about genetic experimentation, trying to create clones of Wolverine and trying to get one of the resulting clones the hell out of dodge before the people after them catch up. I genuinely have no idea what you're talking about. Are you talking about the world being kind of screwed up in the film?

its like how with the ghostbusters movie, even if you weren't interested in that form of comedy they called you sexist

I kind of feel the need to defend some people on this one. That movie wasn't good. Most people agree on that, now that it's come and gone. it was not just people calling others sexist. There was a metric ton of crap heaped on that film in the lead up for deeply sexist reasons; even when it wasn't blatant, you could tell by the language used and what they focused on. There's a reason people got defensive; I was still on Twitter at the time and I remember death threats, people insulting women and just generally clutching their pearls because it had an all female cast. Because that's what it was about. Reboots are nothing new, that was one of the only ones to get such an immediate, sustained reaction. There's always the anecdotal evidence every time a woman has a big screen action film or something in genres they don't usually get; there was that big whine fest over a Texas Cinema having one single screening be a "ladies night" thing for Wonder Woman (which is, by the way, a top notch film I loved the hell out of).

I assume you must have had a bad discussion or experience around when the film was coming out and I'm sorry for that, if true, but there was a reason people got defensive. It didn't come out of nowhere. Which is unfortunate, but it is what it is. I always feel bad for women, because they're still fighting the same old battles to get even the most minor of things. Same for minorities.

if you had criticism for pokemon ultra sun and ultra moon they call you kids and say if they had kids that disliked the game they would throw those kids out of the house all because they didn't like a game the guy liked

Gamers are ***holes. That has nothing to do with politics. I've played video games since I was, like, six and I'm embarrassed to identify as a gamer at all now when I used to be at least a little proud of it. But I can damn near guarantee you that guy, for all his talk and bluster, would never say that to anyones face and would not actually do such a thing if he found himself in that situation. It's all talk.

he thinks just because of wars going on you should be grateful on everything in life even if you waste your money. people being that crazy lately.

"Back in my day" lectures. A classic. Like I said, nothing new, man. You're taking a lot of these things to heart when you really should just let it go. Better yet, stay out of comment sections. That's where the majority of this stuff happens. Trust me, I mostly stopped going in them at all - I also cut Facebook out of my life and cut back on Twitter - and my life has far less stress to it. Comment sections are a cesspool. They're just not worth it. Trust me.

its like they want us to be emotionless robots with all the same beliefs and opinions, same mind and everything, instead of being unique and human, and the idea of that disgusts me.

Some people might want that. Most people don't. But that said, there are such things as bad viewpoints, bad opinions and harmful views.

Yeah, exactly. It's coded into it. I've read a lot of X-Men comics spanning the years and it's ninety percent of their stories. Even the stuff that doesn't seem like it; a lot of Gambits stories in his home of New Orleans, for example, dealt with the tension, politicking and interpersonal struggles between the guilds of thieves and assassins, for example, and how they constantly tried to screw each other over despite trying to keep a truce intact.

Humanity's not a lost cause. We haven't blown ourselves up yet and we've come a long way. We don't exactly do things like we did in feudal and medieval times, after all. It's just that history is rocky and almost never goes in a straight line. We're just in a period where things took a sharp turn.

But even if it happened, it's not likely to be as immediate as some big war anyway.

I didn't see the new Ghostbusters cause it didn't look funny or have the heart or character of the first two

I skipped it for the same reason. I usually wait to see what the critical reaction is, or to see how a film fares on Rotten Tomatoes, before I make a decision, but I knew I wasn't going to see that one before it even hit theaters. I almost did, just because the people crapping on women all over social media and making a big stink about the movie made me want to go just to spite them, but what changed my mind is that the trailers were honestly kind of bad. Trailer production companies are trained to take footage and make a film look as enticing as possible. If the trailers can't get together enough good scenes together to make it look good, it's a bad sign. It's not a hard and fast rule - some trailers are deliberately cut in a misleading way, obscuring what the film is really like - but it holds pretty well. If I'd been wrong, I'd have just caught it on DVD or Blu-Ray. Maybe streaming, when it inevitably hit that.

Turned out I wasn't wrong.

yeah, its just unlike usual this movie also was written in a way it has an undertone of trying to make out trump to be a guy named donald trying to kill illegals, and I don't like hearing about trump or any person involved in politics in the real world, in something like a fictional series. its like its trying to secretly force my opinion to change, and I'm too smart for that xD

Oh man, is that it? You have completely misinterpreted everything. Donald Pierce is a classic X-Men villain. He was created in 1980.

Here, see for yourself.

https://en.wikipedia...i/Donald_Pierce

Edited by dl316bh, 10 June 2017 - 10:13 PM.

bd5.jpg

#24377 ultranx

ultranx

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,884 posts

Posted 10 June 2017 - 10:29 PM

Ok good but with birth by sleep the stories intersect so you'll see thing already shown in the three stories.
I didn't even watch the new Ghostbusters movie but just saw the nostalgia critic do a review of it.
I just got rwby volume 4 and can't wait to watch it after how great volume 3 was. Can't wait to see season 5 in fall.
Who's your favorite character in rwby mine's yang and qrow.

I kinda like them all equally, don't have a favorite. I guess they're all my favorites in rwby xD

It would be nice if that were true, but there are a lot of people who base their identity around their politics. Everyday people, not just politicians. It's why some of them get so angry; when you're attacking their politics, it's like you're attacking them.

That, and treating people like crap because of a disagreement in politics, is not new. That's just how it is. The only difference now is everybody is on social media and are constantly presented with reinforcement or opposition, hence all the arguments. So it seems worse than usual. There's no barrier to posting your thoughts or someone responding to them. All it's done is bring it all out in the open. I mean, we had a civil war over it, once. People and their views once became so irreconcilable that two halves of the country decided to shoot each other for four years. We're not exactly at critical mass, even right now, compared to that.

But they do govern your way of viewing things, because politics is just a fancy catch-all term for your views on issues. A storytellers "politics" are almost always bleeding into work, whether it be books, movies or otherwise. At least partly because every story is about something and the ones that aren't usually aren't worth their salt. Most of the classics pull from the writers personal views, politics and experiences. I could seriously run down a short list of them, but I'm not gonna drop that on you guys unfettered. I've noticed the longer posts I write are sometimes just glossed over anyway and this one went long as it is.

The plot is about genetic experimentation, trying to create clones of Wolverine and trying to get one of the resulting clones the hell out of dodge before the people after them catch up. I genuinely have no idea what you're talking about. Are you talking about the world being kind of screwed up in the film?

I kind of feel the need to defend some people on this one. That movie wasn't good. Most people agree on that, now that it's come and gone. it was not just people calling others sexist. There was a metric ton of crap heaped on that film in the lead up for deeply sexist reasons; even when it wasn't blatant, you could tell by the language used and what they focused on. There's a reason people got defensive; I was still on Twitter at the time and I remember death threats, people insulting women and just generally clutching their pearls because it had an all female cast. Because that's what it was about. Reboots are nothing new, that was one of the only ones to get such an immediate, sustained reaction. There's always the anecdotal evidence every time a woman has a big screen action film or something in genres they don't usually get; there was that big whine fest over a Texas Cinema having one single screening be a "ladies night" thing for Wonder Woman (which is, by the way, a top notch film I loved the hell out of).

I assume you must have had a bad discussion or experience around when the film was coming out and I'm sorry for that, if true, but there was a reason people got defensive. It didn't come out of nowhere. Which is unfortunate, but it is what it is. I always feel bad for women, because they're still fighting the same old battles to get even the most minor of things. Same for minorities.

Gamers are ***holes. That has nothing to do with politics. I've played video games since I was, like, six and I'm embarrassed to identify as a gamer at all now when I used to be at least a little proud of it. But I can damn near guarantee you that guy, for all his talk and bluster, would never say that to anyones face and would not actually do such a thing if he found himself in that situation. It's all talk.

"Back in my day" lectures. A classic. Like I said, nothing new, man. You're taking a lot of these things to heart when you really should just let it go. Better yet, stay out of comment sections. That's where the majority of this stuff happens. Trust me, I mostly stopped going in them at all - I also cut Facebook out of my life and cut back on Twitter - and my life has far less stress to it. Comment sections are a cesspool. They're just not worth it. Trust me.

Some people might want that. Most people don't. But that said, there are such things as bad viewpoints, bad opinions and harmful views.

Yeah, exactly. It's coded into it. I've read a lot of X-Men comics spanning the years and it's ninety percent of their stories. Even the stuff that doesn't seem like it; a lot of Gambits stories in his home of New Orleans, for example, dealt with the tension, politicking and interpersonal struggles between the guilds of thieves and assassins, for example, and how they constantly tried to screw each other over despite trying to keep a truce intact.

Humanity's not a lost cause. We haven't blown ourselves up yet and we've come a long way. We don't exactly do things like we did in feudal and medieval times, after all. It's just that history is rocky and almost never goes in a straight line. We're just in a period where things took a sharp turn.

But even if it happened, it's not likely to be as immediate as some big war anyway.

I skipped it for the same reason. I usually wait to see what the critical reaction is, or to see how a film fares on Rotten Tomatoes, before I make a decision, but I knew I wasn't going to see that one before it even hit theaters. I almost did, just because the people crapping on women all over social media and making a big stink about the movie made me want to go just to spite them, but what changed my mind is that the trailers were honestly kind of bad. Trailer production companies are trained to take footage and make a film look as enticing as possible. If the trailers can't get together enough good scenes together to make it look good, it's a bad sign. It's not a hard and fast rule - some trailers are deliberately cut in a misleading way, obscuring what the film is really like - but it holds pretty well. If I'd been wrong, I'd have just caught it on DVD or Blu-Ray. Maybe streaming, when it inevitably hit that.

Turned out I wasn't wrong.

Oh man, is that it? You have completely misinterpreted everything. Donald Pierce is a classic X-Men villain. He was created in 1980.

Here, see for yourself.

https://en.wikipedia...i/Donald_Pierce

I agree 100% with you on everything you said now,  you're awesome man, you explained everything on every subject in a way I was able to understand, I have mild high functioning autism so I have a hard time understanding things like this unless I have someone explain things deeply like this. I started out with bad social skills as a issue of my autism but opening up to my best friend in high school, working at my job for almost 7 years, and talking here has helped me have good social skills.

this is why I come here, you guys are awesome people that are really understanding of people and literature and I can talk to you about anything usually and vent to you, and at the same time enjoy having common interests. and we all understand how naruto ended.

now if only the people who loved the naruto ending and bashed everyone here calling us salty and butthurt could actually be willing to understand eh?

and yeah, since I don't read the comics I have no idea of donald pierce, guess I probably should start reading comics.

you guys have unintentionally turned this into my internet safe haven and I hope you guys never have to shut this site down, because everyone here is awesome.

Edited by ultranx, 10 June 2017 - 10:31 PM.

#24378 VanitasDS76491

VanitasDS76491

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,249 posts

Posted 10 June 2017 - 10:41 PM

I kinda like them all equally, don't have a favorite. I guess they're all my favorites in rwby xD

I agree 100% with you on everything you said now,  you're awesome man, you explained everything on every subject in a way I was able to understand, I have mild high functioning autism so I have a hard time understanding things like this unless I have someone explain things deeply like this. I started out with bad social skills as a issue of my autism but opening up to my best friend in high school, working at my job for almost 7 years, and talking here has helped me have good social skills.

this is why I come here, you guys are awesome people that are really understanding of people and literature and I can talk to you about anything usually and vent to you, and at the same time enjoy having common interests. and we all understand how naruto ended.

now if only the people who loved the naruto ending and bashed everyone here calling us salty and butthurt could actually be willing to understand eh?
and yeah, since I don't read the comics I have no idea of donald pierce, guess I probably should start reading comics.

you guys have unintentionally turned this into my internet safe haven and I hope you guys never have to shut this site down, because everyone here is awesome.

Glad we could help. Ya Pierce was the only decent villain in Logan and the guy playing him was a ball. You might have to research what comics he was in or where to find them. I might have to as well cause this Pierce guy seems interesting.

#24379 dl316bh

dl316bh

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,519 posts

Posted 10 June 2017 - 10:43 PM

I agree 100% with you on everything you said now,  you're awesome man, you explained everything on every subject in a way I was able to understand, I have mild high functioning autism so I have a hard time understanding things like this unless I have someone explain things deeply like this.

Wow. I kind of didn't expect that. People usually just kind of gloss over my longer posts or ignore them, because I talk so much about things. Thanks.

and we all understand how naruto ended.

It wasn't even just the ending, to me. I gave up on Naruto long ago, which is part of why I sort of disappeared from here after being a bit of a regular for years. I didn't stop reading until sometime after Pain, but I feel like the moment the series went wildly off the rails is when Sasuke punked Orochimaru and killed him off. The series lost direction after that and didn't seem to know what it wanted to do.

I mean, if you want to. It's been a hobby of mine for over a decade. I review them for my personal blog in my spare time, even. If you want a recommendation for something fairly recent with the X-Men, Jason Aaron and Chris Bachalo's "Wolverine and the X-Men" is the most fun I've had with the team in a long time.

https://www.comixolo...ZXJpZXNTbGlkZXI

It's the point the comics returned to the classic school set-up and divided time and focus between the X-Men we know best and a younger crop of mutant students.

Also, check your library. A lot of them carry trade collections of comics these days. I take out a lot of comics from my local library system. Even if they don't have any on hand, a lot of the other libraries do, I notice, and you can request them from the library system through use of the computer.

Glad we could help. Ya Pierce was the only decent villain in Logan and the guy playing him was a ball. You might have to research what comics he was in or where to find them. I might have to as well cause this Pierce guy seems interesting.

He's a good villain. He comes and goes in the comics, because he's used sparingly.

Edited by dl316bh, 10 June 2017 - 10:46 PM.

bd5.jpg

#24380 ultranx

ultranx

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,884 posts

Posted 10 June 2017 - 10:51 PM

same here, I'll make sure to do so. 

Wow. I kind of didn't expect that. People usually just kind of gloss over my longer posts or ignore them, because I talk so much about things. Thanks.

It wasn't even just the ending, to me. I gave up on Naruto long ago, which is part of why I sort of disappeared from here after being a bit of a regular for years. I didn't stop reading until sometime after Pain, but I feel like the moment the series went wildly off the rails is when Sasuke punked Orochimaru and killed him off. The series lost direction after that and didn't seem to know what it wanted to do.

I mean, if you want to. It's been a hobby of mine for over a decade. I review them for my personal blog in my spare time, even. If you want a recommendation for something fairly recent with the X-Men, Jason Aaron and Chris Bachalo's "Wolverine and the X-Men" is the most fun I've had with the team in a long time.

https://www.comixolo...ZXJpZXNTbGlkZXI

It's the point the comics returned to the classic school set-up and divided time and focus between the X-Men we know best and a younger crop of mutant students.

Also, check your library. A lot of them carry trade collections of comics these days. I take out a lot of comics from my local library system. Even if they don't have any on hand, a lot of the other libraries do, I notice, and you can request them from the library system through use of the computer.

He's a good villain. He comes and goes in the comics, because he's used sparingly.

I'm the same way, talking here and on deviantart was my main first experience posting online so I'm more used to creating gigantic posts and people always tend to skip over them since they're too big, especially on deviantart and youtube. before that I had no idea the internet was so vast until my best friend matthew showed me, just like he got me to try the 3d sonic games. I was used to windows 95 to windows vista and playing the old pc games and had to be explained everything by him to understand the environment here on the internet, even internet lingo had to be explained to me. next time I have free time from work and the rest of my schedule I'll do that. I used to go to the library all the time until I got engrossed in video games, anime, manga, and  the internet. I even used to do volunteer work at my local library right near  my house.  I'll either try to go there to check some books out or I'll wait til next library convention to see if I can find the stuff on sale.now I'll make sure to do that and look for those comics you suggested, thanks though ^_^

I'm 26 years old but I seem to  have a good understanding of literature and media from cartoons from the 80s and earlier, to everything media and literature from the 90s til now. except for comics. I'm mainly good with anything involving action, adventure, or scifi,  or the history of video games since I've played every nintendo handheld and games from most of all the video game generations, from multiple different consoles not only made by nintendo. everything else confuses me xD

I'm good with video games, reading, math, and computers, and my job XD 

I hope fancynancypigs/keikoxyusuke is doing okay, I haven't seen her since naruto ended, she was my first youtube friend and she's the one that suggested moving to this site as a safe haven from the craziness of youtube and its comment section. I hope you guys and everyone else are doing good too.

its weird because usually I'm not this hyperaware but I have been since posting here last night. I'm not sure if it was too much caffeine, the new fuse berry punch flavor with the vitamins b6 and b12 I had before I got home and started posting, or the lack of sleep during work yesterday, or both, or all 3. I like it.  but I'll make sure to lay off caffeine for a while, maybe drink more of that fuze drink but make sure to not drink it all at once? xD

sorry if I'm getting on everyone's nerves, probably talking too much about stuff other than naruto.

Edited by ultranx, 10 June 2017 - 11:51 PM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: naruto, wtf, discuss

4 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users