1255 replies to this topic

#221 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 22 December 2015 - 02:20 PM

I legitimately laughed when one said Boruto is fat for the plot reason. That made my day.

#222 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,590 posts

Posted 22 December 2015 - 03:17 PM

Are the youtubers awaking?

...Most likely. Remember Naruto was in a decline in popularity for years. The only thing that kept it going was the loyalty of the fans. They stuck around because they wanted to see the conclusion of the story. But now the ending crap and they only thing that keeping it afloat is nostalgia (and pairing obsessions). Now it looks like there is no end in sight for Bolt and all these spin offs.  Now some people will swallow anything. But others with kishi gone. They're going to lose any interest soon. Especially if these new guys kitten up.

Wait this was done in February. 

Edited by Bail o' Lies, 22 December 2015 - 04:06 PM.

#223 Catra

Catra

Outlaw Gunslinging marksmen

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,112 posts
  • Interests:AU narusaku, mortal kombat, balto, lion king, rudolph,

Posted 22 December 2015 - 04:36 PM

not even nostalgia can bring me back. this destination was so bad it destroyed the journey.

#224 Narufan85

Narufan85

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,412 posts

Posted 22 December 2015 - 05:05 PM

Ah! Why? It still boggles my mind that there is interest in new material. I find nothing about the new generation interesting.

And, let's think for a moment. If Naruto supposedly achieved his dream of bringing peace to the world, then where is the tension for this new series?

Question time.

How many of you are actually going to check it out? Be honest.

My answer, I'm not going to bother checking anything about it. The only information I'll get is from any of you guy and girls if you'll check it out.

I will only absorb what I manage to see here.

You know, I'm kind of glad they've finally come out and annouced the new Boruto series. It makes it official that the botched ending, the bait-and-switch of pairings, the god-awful movie, and the trampling of everything that Naruto ever stood for in the series was all for this.

It wasn't because NH was the end pairing all along. It wasn't because Kishimoto planned it this way.

It was all for to reboot the series under new management. Now that Kishimoto's out of the way and they are creating their own series,  they can keep pushing the Naruto series, in all its forms, forever and ever and ever. In any direction they want.

This is why the ending went down the way it did. It was all for this. And now they've made it official.

When you think about it all, it's really staggering how many blows fans suffered in a row. And I think your comments about the reboot are spot on. It will be interesting to see the tone of the new work.

#225 NeonRanger

NeonRanger

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 258 posts
  • Interests:Drawing, Writing, Criminal Minds and other Drama television. I like anime/ manga too.

Posted 22 December 2015 - 05:28 PM

From what I recall he grew up next to a us military base so he may, and even if he didn't he works at a company that probably get fan letters every day. So he he can't read English, they can translate it. 

So you're going to sit around and hope on the magic of dreams instead of taking actions for what you desire.

After the ending, people were already complaining about the faults. Yet The Last wad a success (because baiting and false advertising), Boruto was even more of a success than the last, and Gaiden was created be because people were complaining about SS and their kid, and that sold over a million volumes. So writing letters won't mean anything. Money talks more than fan letters. Two of my friends bought the last volume because nostalgia, despite hating the ending, and one was convinced enoight to watch the Boruto movie because of SNS.

Hello, Hello, Hello!  :argh:

#226 rocci

rocci

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,708 posts

Posted 23 December 2015 - 12:27 AM

Comparing hinata to haibara is a capital crime lmao

That's because I'm a criminal.

#227 Moon_Girl

Moon_Girl

Academy Teacher

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 683 posts
  • Interests:OTPs:
    NaruSaku - Naruto x Sakura (Naruto Series)
    Het Chrobin - Chrom x Robin♀ (Fire Emblem Awakening)
    Clerith - Cloud x Aerith (Final Fantasy VII Series)
    Demelith - Demetri x Byleth♀ (Fire Emblem Three Houses/Hopes)
    Phantom/Erik x Christine (Phantom of the Opera)
    Jintan x Menma (AnoHana)
    ZeLink - Link x Zelda (Legend of Zelda Series)

Posted 23 December 2015 - 12:40 AM

The assistant making this is a pretty big creep.  :down: He was probably wanking on Hinata when she was 12 and now he's putting Salad in a mini-skirt...when she's only a child. 12/13. Not to mention, if this is a thing, that means there's a conflict in the story. Naruto failed. He didn't get the woman of his dreams, he's unhappy and there's no peace in the ninja world. Good to know that whole story we loved was ruined because of Hinaturd and money.

NaruSaku will always be better than crack and fan fiction

#228 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 23 December 2015 - 01:34 AM

I know it's a...thing for 12/13 years old fan service, but I don't like the fact that it wasn't her first combat, so it's blatantly switch to fan service happy. Only one to change, why? Well, you know already.

#229 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,590 posts

Posted 23 December 2015 - 02:10 AM

The assistant making this is a pretty big creep.  :down: He was probably wanking on Hinata when she was 12 and now he's putting Salad in a mini-skirt...when she's only a child. 12/13. Not to mention, if this is a thing, that means there's a conflict in the story. Naruto failed. He didn't get the woman of his dreams, he's unhappy and there's no peace in the ninja world. Good to know that whole story we loved was ruined because of Hinaturd and money.

I always bring up the hinata waterfall scene for this because. Why would anyone draw a nude girl so detailed and then frame it in shadow so they could show it on TV? Instead of you know. NOT DOING THAT! But the first part of the series and the filler arc is where hinata get a lot of her devoted fans. Which also mean that the male part of her fan base fell in love/became obsessed with her when she was 12 years old. And since that the part of the series everyone think of when they think of Naruto...yeah.

Also you are complete right about this meaning Naruto failed. Even In both the gaiden and the bolt moive you could still imply that Naruto succeed with some minor hic ups. Shin was a madman who hated peace and wanted to reignite war and conflict because he thinks peace leads to stagnation (and least that was his motive rants were about). And who ever those guys from the bolt movie are called were different dimensional being Not from the ninja world.

Unless this guy keeps going with the different dimension being's thing, which most people are already sick of after three villain were already based off that. (Kaguya, Toneri, ..those two from the bolt movie). Then they are going to have to have people from the ninja world. Which is showing that Naruto's generation failed.

I know it's a...thing for 12/13 years old fan service, but I don't like the fact that it wasn't her first combat outfit/, so it's blatantly switch to fan service happy. Only one to change, why? Well, you know already.

It's why the reaction to this outfit is so wide spreadingly negative. If she was originally like this when kishi drew her people would complain but shrug their shoulders and say "what can you do." But this is blatantly because they changed artist and to suit that guy own personal taste. Instead of just being the design of the character use to give the audience an impression of her character from a glance.

Edited by Bail o' Lies, 23 December 2015 - 02:10 AM.

#230 Hanabi

Hanabi

絶対大丈夫だよ

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,592 posts
  • Interests:cardcaptor sakura!

Posted 23 December 2015 - 02:18 AM

That's because I'm a criminal.

i'm calling 911

2UFqbUS.gif

I can't even say good bye to you for the last time

I'm sorry

#231 HalfDemonInuyasha

HalfDemonInuyasha

Mercenary

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,598 posts

Posted 23 December 2015 - 03:45 AM

I always bring up the hinata waterfall scene for this because. Why would anyone draw a nude girl so detailed and then frame it in shadow so they could show it on TV? Instead of you know. NOT DOING THAT! But the first part of the series and the filler arc is where hinata get a lot of her devoted fans. Which also mean that the male part of her fan base fell in love/became obsessed with her when she was 12 years old. And since that the part of the series everyone think of when they think of Naruto...yeah.

Also you are complete right about this meaning Naruto failed. Even In both the gaiden and the bolt moive you could still imply that Naruto succeed with some minor hic ups. Shin was a madman who hated peace and wanted to reignite war and conflict because he thinks peace leads to stagnation (and least that was his motive rants were about). And who ever those guys from the bolt movie are called were different dimensional being Not from the ninja world.

Unless this guy keeps going with the different dimension being's thing, which most people are already sick of after three villain were already based off that. (Kaguya, Toneri, ..those two from the bolt movie). Then they are going to have to have people from the ninja world. Which is showing that Naruto's generation failed.

The only way they could really make it work without completely contradicting Naruto bringing about peace (given, as you said, one could make the argument that Shin was simply a single extremist while others were from completely other dimensions) is to pull a Claymore and have them discover that their "world of shinobi" that now has "peace" is literally just one tiny island of a much, much bigger world, but the reason why that probably wouldn't work is that, in order for such outside forces to truly be a threat to the cast would be...

A.) Make them even more OP shinobi (or other warriors), which would only further stagnant the fighting and conflict by requiring more powerful  and easily-handed-out power-ups to the new generation while also possibly creating further plotholes in trying to explain their existence, how neither side ever discovered the other considering how big some conflicts became, and so on.

B.) Actually give those forces things like modern firearms and other weapons and the like to balance out the shinobi abilities (but the former "never learning about each other" problem still applies, especially if you added in other modern things that would require a number of those other modern weapons to work).

2e5.gif

#232 rocci

rocci

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,708 posts

Posted 23 December 2015 - 07:43 AM

i'm calling 911

I'll call 119.

@halfdemoninuyasga
I think that's what they will do to the next gen.

Well, if naruto is just small part of the world. Why don't they just wait for togashi finish the dark continent arc?

Edited by rocci, 23 December 2015 - 07:46 AM.

#233 yimiiyumi

yimiiyumi

Julia

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 272 posts

Posted 23 December 2015 - 10:43 AM

I just read some ss comments on 2ch

And it's gold, even they hate sarada's outflit and the way they are trying to sexualize her 

Even ss fandom is starting to hate this guy lol

#234 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 23 December 2015 - 11:15 AM

I don't blame them. It's not like Sarada has been changing clothes. We already saw her in a movie and spinoff, why start now. It's not even like this series is one of those series that changes clothes, I mean look at Naruto itself. Everyone was rocking with same clothes throughout the entire series. They do have civilian clothes (even if we see it rarely) but their combat clothes remain the same.

So why start now...

#235 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,998 posts

Posted 23 December 2015 - 11:29 AM

All I can say is........... It looks like kitten anyway so why would I bother with it? anyway I still haven't rid myself of the garbage merchandise cause I'm still not home yet I'll redouble my efforts once I do. Or is any here feeling destructive? I can mail the volumes to you and you can burn them and make a video of it and send it to Shuiesha lol

3fbe3276d61acb2079b56cd2212a341c14963200

#236 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 23 December 2015 - 02:52 PM

So here's a question:

Who's Kishi's second golden child? I say second because we all know Sasuke is number 1. What I mean is what character has been treated amazingly compare to all others. Example like Hashirama retconned Hiruzen and became God of Shinobi and regarded to be the strongest of them all.

Edited by TouKen4Life3g, 23 December 2015 - 03:17 PM.

#237 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,590 posts

Posted 23 December 2015 - 03:01 PM

I just read some ss comments on 2ch

And it's gold, even they hate sarada's outfit and the way they are trying to sexualize her 

Even ss fandom is starting to hate this guy lol

You know I think SS is the more popular fandom in Japan from what i recall (well between it and nH). So basically this guys first act as a mangaka was to piss off a fan base that was already given to him on a silver platter.

Cause to be honest we have seen, and known SS and nH for years. They have very low standards. They still love ss and nH despite not getting any positive support from the manga for years, and kishi more or less saying he doesn't get them among other things. If he is able to offended them this quickly that saying something.

And to be honest Salad outfit isn't the worst outfit i have ever seen on a shonen female. But those characters outfits are normally shrug off or fetishized by the fans very quickly. The reason why I think this is get such a negative reaction is:

1. We have seen in other outfits already throughout the past year that looked better and make more sense for her to wear. So this comes off as blatant and gives hint to what the manga will be as well as the fact that it Will be widely different from it predecessor. But people want Naruto because they want Naruto/kishi style not something that is completely different. So this alienates the fans immediately.

2. Normally that outfit would be worn by someone that in the range of 16-35. And would be used to show how sexy, and confident that woman is in her own body figure(or they don't care about their looks). To the point she doesn't mind showing it off to everyone. So this outfit say "Look how sexy this person is!"...In this case "Look how sexy this twelve year old girl is!" Which most people don't want to think a 12 year old is sexy.

3. Normally if a girl of twelve or younger wear to wear something revealing like this.(...I Can't believe i have to write this.) It would be to appeal to the loli crowd, and the outfit would be more girly to help show off the girl innocence. Or more revealing to show the girls spunky. (think the girls from disgea like enta, and flonne (the guy who made them is a know loli lover)) But those outfits and the girls would be more innocence girly or spunky to appeal to that crowd. Salad is a standard female shonen action girl (in theory). So that doesn't work either. So this don't work for that demographic either. Other than the narrow nH fanbase. Which seeing who is now the artist makes sense.

Hey yim has anyone on there thought that this guy might be the reason for the ending to set up this sequel like we have?

Edited by Bail o' Lies, 23 December 2015 - 03:05 PM.

#238 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,590 posts

Posted 23 December 2015 - 03:02 PM

So here's a question:

Who's Kishi's second golden child? I say second because we all know Sasuke is number 1.

...? What this referencing? Add more context to you post.

Edited by Bail o' Lies, 23 December 2015 - 03:06 PM.

#239 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 23 December 2015 - 03:15 PM

...? What this referencing? Add more context to you post.

I'll edit it very soon.

What I mean is that who is Kishi's second golden boy as in who gets the overachiever treatment. Example: Itachi is highly regarded to be the best Hokage if given the title and always defeat his foes with overwhelming power ups.

#240 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,590 posts

Posted 23 December 2015 - 03:25 PM

I'll edit it very soon.

What I mean is that who is Kishi's second golden boy as in who gets the overachiever treatment. Example: Itachi is highly regarded to be the best Hokage if given the title and always defeat his foes with overwhelming power ups.

...Honestly...I  really don't know. Obito Itachi Bolt a few others take you pick

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users