304 replies to this topic

#221 hinataiscreepy

hinataiscreepy

Academy Teacher

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 630 posts

Posted 11 October 2015 - 01:03 AM

Its interesting that he admitted that Slam Dunk from Inoue influenced the manga which I suspected it ever since its inception.

I can see how it was supposed to end.

#222 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,567 posts

Posted 11 October 2015 - 01:11 AM

Its interesting that he admitted that Slam Dunk from Inoue influenced the manga which I suspected it ever since its inception.

Can you explain I haven't read Slam Dunk.

#223 hinataiscreepy

hinataiscreepy

Academy Teacher

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 630 posts

Posted 11 October 2015 - 01:24 AM

There is also some kind of love triangle in Slam Dunk with Sakuragi (the naruto), Haruko (the love interest) and Rukawa (the cool rival). Haruko likes Rukawa who is obviously indifferent. Sakuragi lies to her at the beginning that he loves basketball when she is trying to recruit him cause he likes her. Their relationship starts on a lie which is similar to Naruto disguising himself as Sasuke. Eventually, Sakuragi and Haruko do have a lot of great moments all manga along either when he looks absolutely pathetic or is spectacular to watch.

Obviously spoilers

Sakuragi ends up playing the sports and eventually loves it with a passion. In the climax, when he is seriously injured that could put an end to his career... He gets up, puts his arms on Haruko's shoulders and tells that he is crazy in love with Basketball and that he is definitely not lying this time. I have heard that the Japanese words could be ambiguous and be considered as an actual confession to her and he considers that there can't be true love based on a lie. Its freaking beautiful.

#224 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,567 posts

Posted 11 October 2015 - 01:42 AM

I forget what was the manga that had Naruto and Sakura as key chains on a cover?

Edited by Bail o' Lies, 11 October 2015 - 01:43 AM.

#225 sushi.

sushi.

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,071 posts

Posted 11 October 2015 - 01:44 AM

I forget what was the manga that had Naruto and Sakura as key chains on a cover?

ichigo 100%

ナルサク

#226 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,567 posts

Posted 11 October 2015 - 01:44 AM

Ah thank you so he "borrowed" the initial romantic conflict from Slam dunk. Like he took plot elements from hunter hunter.

Edited by Bail o' Lies, 11 October 2015 - 02:48 PM.

#227 Hanabi

Hanabi

絶対大丈夫だよ

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,592 posts
  • Interests:cardcaptor sakura!

Posted 11 October 2015 - 01:46 AM

There is also some kind of love triangle in Slam Dunk with Sakuragi (the naruto), Haruko (the love interest) and Rukawa (the cool rival). Haruko likes Rukawa who is obviously indifferent. Sakuragi lies to her at the beginning that he loves basketball when she is trying to recruit him cause he likes her. Their relationship starts on a lie which is similar to Naruto disguising himself as Sasuke. Eventually, Sakuragi and Haruko do have a lot of great moments all manga along either when he looks absolutely pathetic or is spectacular to watch.

Obviously spoilers

Sakuragi ends up playing the sports and eventually loves it with a passion. In the climax, when he is seriously injured that could put an end to his career... He gets up, puts his arms on Haruko's shoulders and tells that he is crazy in love with Basketball and that he is definitely not lying this time. I have heard that the Japanese words could be ambiguous and be considered as an actual confession to her and he considers that there can't be true love based on a lie. Its freaking beautiful.

i've never heard of that last interpretation.. slam dunk ended with that un-resolved love triangle.

2UFqbUS.gif

I can't even say good bye to you for the last time

I'm sorry

#228 Shadow1275

Shadow1275

Lone Wolf

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,613 posts
  • Interests:I have lots of hobbies..

Posted 11 October 2015 - 01:48 AM

So what's going on in here with these questions/interviews !?  :ermm: .

Btw how many are seriously gonna take everything he says after all the contradicting BS he spewed after the crapfestending !? :roll: .

The SS  his choice thing sounds like nothing but a quick getaway excuse . And I'm sorry  Mr.Crappy Author if those questions irritate you but if you actually thought your story through and write it down without so many inconsistency ,  retcons and contradictions of massive giant proportions and giving contradicting interviews in the end about everything maybe those people wouldn't have to question your horrible writing decisions , but since you kittened up tremendously you have absolutely no right to complain you hypocritical piece of kitten  :zaru:

Funny thing is I almost forgot every contradictory excuse he gave about the ending and the parings SS/NH  :roll: .

I'll admit I was interested in this but we should pay no attention to his answers anyways. The series has ended, therefore Kishi has to stand by what has been done. If he doesn't and proves to be a "hard" author to work with than he might have a hard time with his new manga. In fact my guess is he made a deal with the editors to end Naruto a certain way if they would give his new manga a shot.

We all know that Kishi contradicts himself, forgets certain details, and takes marching orders every once and a while. Trust the manga, that's the only piece of un-touched evidence that speaks to the truth. Everything else is biased and tampered with evidence.

He Who is Brave is Free-Seneca

^I have a lightsaber your argument is invalid^

"You may be called upon yet again to defend the glory of the Republic against the tyranny of the Dark Side. For this, is the destiny, of the Jedi..."

#229 hinataiscreepy

hinataiscreepy

Academy Teacher

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 630 posts

Posted 11 October 2015 - 01:54 AM

Pretty much and I think Kishi intended to have Sakura learning that it was Naruto who complimented her forehead which was the most logical way to get them together.

@Hannabi. Its true that its unresolved but I have heard from some readers from another that the confession could be considered ambiguous due to the words he chose and that's why everyone around them look surprised. They do share a lot of moments like when he struggles she defends him from the rukawa fangirls who mock him that everyone looks terrible when they start and that he is training very hard. She also says things like she really likes to talk to Sakuragi and feels that she can be herself. She comforts him after he flunked the Kainan game. Her last words in the manga are extremely ambiguous by saying that she will wait for the basketball she loves (Sakuragi).

Edit: They actually went shopping together to buy a new pair of sport shoes and the owner of the store thought that she was his GF twice. There was also this moment when she helped him to do lay ups and their friends wondered if there was actually something on between them (it was pure randomness that they met that day). Let's not forget that Sakuragi ended getting along very well her brother when things started terribly.

Its never actually told or official but there are enough hints and moments that could suggest that they will eventually end up together.

Edited by hinataiscreepy, 11 October 2015 - 01:58 AM.

#230 rocci

rocci

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,708 posts

Posted 11 October 2015 - 02:12 AM

He admitted that? At last, I knew that slamdunk play big role in this manga.
I mean, it's clear to me that rukawa is sasuke blue print with kurapika motive.
Kishi use the same The love triangle and the rivalry with slamdunk.

I can't believe how he can't make NS canon.

#231 rocci

rocci

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,708 posts

Posted 11 October 2015 - 02:16 AM

i've never heard of that last interpretation.. slam dunk ended with that un-resolved love triangle.

Most shonen manga who doesn't end with baby ever after usually doesn't resolve the romance (for some reason).

#232 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 11 October 2015 - 02:20 AM

The whole romance part have to be solved for Boruto sake.

#233 rocci

rocci

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,708 posts

Posted 11 October 2015 - 02:23 AM

I don't understand.

#234 Tiller

Tiller

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,041 posts

Posted 11 October 2015 - 02:27 AM

It's pretty obvious now that Boruto and Salad are there so SN can become canon in everything but name now. At least it is to me.

#235 hinataiscreepy

hinataiscreepy

Academy Teacher

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 630 posts

Posted 11 October 2015 - 02:30 AM

@rocci

I have watched the Nycc conference and he said it himself but it was obvious from the start when I started reading the manga. One of the guy working at shonen jump said that Naruto founded its success by using existing tropes such as the protagonist wanting to be stronger with a goal that is vague enough to make his journey long and exciting, the rival, the training sessions, badass fights, the tournament and turning them into allies. Slam Dunk was one of them I guess.

Stories that are kicked out from the magazine are not necessarily bad its just that they are possibly not appealing for its readers by its roots and style (they could be in the wrong genre).

He could not make together cause he allude to the fact that Hinakittens was really popular despite doing kitten in part 2. I think he was afraid of that and purposefully took her out of the screen time during the first half of part 2 to make the readers understand that Sakura is the female and only real love interest... that did not work cause SP kept her revenant through fillers and the western fans having a hard on on her. The way he made them canon in the last chapter showed that he was not happy doing it. Just look at other stories like FMA or Kenshin and the way they made their main ship canon. Its filled with happiness and closure and Naruhina is made canon through mourning your dead cousin and spending your last moments of the series with him is not very glorious and happy to say the least (I think Neji x Hinata was what he had in mind to resolve the Hyuuga clan subplot).

#236 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 11 October 2015 - 03:06 AM

I don't understand.

They wanted Boruto or rather a story of father-son relationship. So how can you? You got to have Naruto as the father. Who's the mother? Well, just throw in someone, so long you have the giver.

#237 Lilac

Lilac

Chuunin

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 454 posts

Posted 11 October 2015 - 04:10 AM

Pretty much and I think Kishi intended to have Sakura learning that it was Naruto who complimented her forehead which was the most logical way to get them together.

@Hannabi. Its true that its unresolved but I have heard from some readers from another that the confession could be considered ambiguous due to the words he chose and that's why everyone around them look surprised. They do share a lot of moments like when he struggles she defends him from the rukawa fangirls who mock him that everyone looks terrible when they start and that he is training very hard. She also says things like she really likes to talk to Sakuragi and feels that she can be herself. She comforts him after he flunked the Kainan game. Her last words in the manga are extremely ambiguous by saying that she will wait for the basketball she loves (Sakuragi).

Edit: They actually went shopping together to buy a new pair of sport shoes and the owner of the store thought that she was his GF twice. There was also this moment when she helped him to do lay ups and their friends wondered if there was actually something on between them (it was pure randomness that they met that day). Let's not forget that Sakuragi ended getting along very well her brother when things started terribly.

Its never actually told or official but there are enough hints and moments that could suggest that they will eventually end up together.

She already knew though? Remember, he laughs at her and tells her the forehead comment is something Naruto would say, and she gets depressed about it? After everything that's happened, I honestly don't think romance was really all that important to him or thought out. It was all about Naruto getting Sasuke back into the village, and everything else was filler, sadly.

#238 NaruSaku fan in Kentucky

NaruSaku fan in Kentucky

Kyuubi

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,051 posts
  • Interests:Likes Kentucky Basketball, NaruSaku and Godzilla.

Dislikes Sasuke SasuSaku NaruHina and the Louisville Cardnials.

Posted 11 October 2015 - 04:18 AM

Couldn't they make the het SNS with NS and SK as the parents? 

509356167_759751.gif?4

#239 Nostradamus

Nostradamus

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,022 posts

Posted 11 October 2015 - 04:23 AM

She already knew though? Remember, he laughs at her and tells her the forehead comment is something Naruto would say, and she gets depressed about it? After everything that's happened, I honestly don't think romance was really all that important to him or thought out. It was all about Naruto getting Sasuke back into the village, and everything else was filler, sadly.

Which he failed.

CZSn9hA.jpg

Which I've told you - time and time again - is dangerous! There will never be consensus, son, among those you have helped to ascend. They will all differ in their views of what it means to be free. The peace you so desperately seek does not exist.

These men are united now by a common cause. But when this battle is finished they will fall to fighting amongst themselves about how best to ensure control. In time it will lead to war. You will see.

#240 Candleguy

Candleguy

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 340 posts

Posted 11 October 2015 - 04:53 AM

Ah thank you so he "borrow" the  initial romantic conflict from Slam dunk. Like he took plot elements from hunter hunter.

Not only is this dude a major hack

But he also allowed popularity to dictate certain decisions in his story.

Hilarious

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users