286 replies to this topic

#221 James S Cassidy

James S Cassidy

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,831 posts

Posted 17 November 2013 - 01:16 PM

That's what it's called? I probably got that mixed up with the item the brothers used which uses a person's most frequently used word. 

It didn't show the pot being released with the bijuu which is why I thought the extraction was odd. I'm not sure if it's actually with the bijuu and there haven't been any panels depicting it for whatever reason or if it's still in the Shinju (which should only be comprised of the Mazo). 

The reason I ask is is maybe it is a chekov's gun in a way to seal Madara. Since this guy is really hard to get rid of, what better way to get rid of him than a super powerful Ghost trap?

We also go Yamato missing who I think was also in the Gedo Mazo. I wonder what happened to him.

Edited by James S Cassidy, 17 November 2013 - 01:17 PM.

My gofundme
https://www.gofundme...c-designer-fund

Δικός σου για να κρατάτε
Σ'αγαπώ

#222 Nostradamus

Nostradamus

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,026 posts

Posted 17 November 2013 - 01:32 PM

The reason I ask is is maybe it is a chekov's gun in a way to seal Madara. Since this guy is really hard to get rid of, what better way to get rid of him than a super powerful Ghost trap?

We also go Yamato missing who I think was also in the Gedo Mazo. I wonder what happened to him.

Or maybe Kishi forgot about the pot just like he forgot about Yamato.

Sealing Madara in the pot I could see that happening since it was said that whatever gets in there never comes out, but lets remember the same thing was said about the Death Reaper Seal or whatever it's called and that was a lie (actually a retcon).

CZSn9hA.jpg

Which I've told you - time and time again - is dangerous! There will never be consensus, son, among those you have helped to ascend. They will all differ in their views of what it means to be free. The peace you so desperately seek does not exist.

These men are united now by a common cause. But when this battle is finished they will fall to fighting amongst themselves about how best to ensure control. In time it will lead to war. You will see.

#223 James S Cassidy

James S Cassidy

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,831 posts

Posted 17 November 2013 - 02:05 PM

Or maybe Kishi forgot about the pot just like he forgot about Yamato.

Sealing Madara in the pot I could see that happening since it was said that whatever gets in there never comes out, but lets remember the same thing was said about the Death Reaper Seal or whatever it's called and that was a lie (actually a retcon).

Of course, but the means of getting the souls out of the Death Reaper was only discovered by the Uzumaki clan. I am sure that they tried hiding this fact of what they found which explains why noone, but Orochimaru who was obsessed with learning everything, could find it.

I guess you could say that maybe Madara can break out of the pot if it was used on him, but really wouldn't that a bit of a stretch in more ways than one? I mean, if this amber pot, which is said to be one of the more powerful sealing methods made by the Sage of Six-paths, is broken like that by Madara, then how can any other sealing method work on him? This is all hypothetical of course, but how many times can Madara cheat before he runs into something he can beat?

My gofundme

Δικός σου για να κρατάτε
Σ'αγαπώ

#224 Nostradamus

Nostradamus

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,026 posts

Posted 17 November 2013 - 04:31 PM

Of course, but the means of getting the souls out of the Death Reaper was only discovered by the Uzumaki clan. I am sure that they tried hiding this fact of what they found which explains why noone, but Orochimaru who was obsessed with learning everything, could find it.

You do realize that you're making excuses for Kishi's bad writing, right?

CZSn9hA.jpg

Which I've told you - time and time again - is dangerous! There will never be consensus, son, among those you have helped to ascend. They will all differ in their views of what it means to be free. The peace you so desperately seek does not exist.

These men are united now by a common cause. But when this battle is finished they will fall to fighting amongst themselves about how best to ensure control. In time it will lead to war. You will see.

#225 James S Cassidy

James S Cassidy

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,831 posts

Posted 17 November 2013 - 06:37 PM

You do realize that you're making excuses for Kishi's bad writing, right?

You do realize that just because it is bad writing doesn't make it any less a fact...

Like it or hate it, it is what it is.

Should I make a comment about how bad Sasuke is written or is everyone going to get mad at me again because they can't handle different opinions?

I do like how "reasons" and "excuses" are now the same thing.

Edited by James S Cassidy, 17 November 2013 - 06:41 PM.

My gofundme

Δικός σου για να κρατάτε
Σ'αγαπώ

#226 Sakamaki Izayoi

Sakamaki Izayoi

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,679 posts

Posted 17 November 2013 - 06:43 PM

You do realize that just because it is bad writing doesn't make it any less a fact...

Should I make a comment about how bad Sasuke is written or is everyone going to get mad at me again because they can't handle different opinions?

Yeah you're right, but it's fun inst it?, i mean so many important things that the uzumakis have like their fuuinjutsu and chakra chains and no one bothered to go after it, i mean they were destroyed because of those techniques and no one went after it, only orochimaru really?
It's like the Naruto thing all over again, there was no excuse for the villagers to not know that their parents were the heroes of the village aside from plot reasons.

Edited by Dαrkrєrsŧ, 17 November 2013 - 06:43 PM.

SK-303_image007.jpg

#227 James S Cassidy

James S Cassidy

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,831 posts

Posted 17 November 2013 - 06:53 PM

Yeah you're right, but it's fun inst it?, i mean so many important things that the uzumakis have like their fuuinjutsu and chakra chains and no one bothered to go after it, i mean they were destroyed because of those techniques and no one went after it, only orochimaru really?
It's like the Naruto thing all over again, there was no excuse for the villagers to not know that their parents were the heroes of the village aside from plot reasons.

Hey, like I said...I never said it was "right" or "well-written" nor am I making excuses for such a thing. I can't change it, so I have to accept it as it is.  At the end of the day, no story is perfect. Even Dragonball has poorly written scenes and such that make no sense. I still enjoy it for what it is.

My gofundme

Δικός σου για να κρατάτε
Σ'αγαπώ

#228 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 17 November 2013 - 07:13 PM

Hey, like I said...I never said it was "right" or "well-written" nor am I making excuses for such a thing. I can't change it, so I have to accept it as it is.  At the end of the day, no story is perfect. Even Dragonball has poorly written scenes and such that make no sense. I still enjoy it for what it is.

True, though to be fair, DBZ does have the weakest excuses as far as I can remember (I just want to fight). But whatever, enjoy it as it is.

#229 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,863 posts
  • Interests:Video games (fighting), NaruSaku, Naruto, Sonic, Street Fighter, DOA, Darkstalkers, Tekken, computers, MHA

Posted 17 November 2013 - 07:27 PM

Uh, Yamato was in that Zetsu-making tree underground. Not in the Gedo Mazo...

latest?cb=20140126021943

What's Happening with the Naruto series as of now!

#230 Psychox

Psychox

Examiner

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,088 posts
  • Interests:Football, Swimming, Free-running, Working ,Studying ,Music,Assassin's Creed ... Metallica , Iron Maiden , System of a down , Rammstein , Skillet , Disturbed ,Groove Coverage, Serj Tankian's Singles, DJ Kelly Bailey,DJ DarkZone, Vocal Trance ,Powerwolf,Slayer ,Judas Priest ,Manowar , Linkin Park ,Nickelback.. And many many more :)

And NaruSaku of course ^^

I apply my heart to no wisdom, and to know madness and folly. I perceived that this also was a chasing of the wind. For in much wisdom is much grief; and he who increased knowledge, increased sorrow.

Nobis non domine non nobis.

Laa shay'a waqui'n moutlaq bale kouloun moumkine.

Nulla e reale, tutto e lecito .

Das ist Wilde Verwegen Jagd .

Posted 17 November 2013 - 07:59 PM

Please do :D, i like long analyses on characters especially Sasuke and Sakura :3. I just like reading character's dept and layers , i hope that's okay :3? If its gonna cause too much trouble here PM it to me ,please :3?

Edited by Psychox, 17 November 2013 - 08:00 PM.

narusaku_signature_by_xsakuraharuno-d5d7

#231 Kster95

Kster95

Cat Sage

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,340 posts
  • Interests:Computers, Naruto, bleach, Sword Art Online, Young Justice, Game of thrones, Legend of Korra, Cats, Heroes

Posted 18 November 2013 - 01:27 AM

So rasenshuriken doesnt effect Naruto as long as he throws it and is no where near the impact like he was when he hit Kakuzu.

Edited by Kster95, 18 November 2013 - 01:27 AM.

43iduct.jpg

#232 MangaReader

MangaReader

I'm the Greatest Ever!!

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,416 posts
  • Interests:Drawing
    Animating
    Watching TV

Posted 18 November 2013 - 04:04 AM

So rasenshuriken doesnt effect Naruto as long as he throws it and is no where near the impact like he was when he hit Kakuzu.

That is correct... of coarse that one made sense to fix because well, why have Naruto learn it if it's just gonna damage him (Yeah, I understand the whole Kyubii thing earlier in Shipudden)? 

sad_naruto_sig_by_mangafreak17-d81c8fy.p

Even if I'm not the one to make you happy

#233 Shadow1275

Shadow1275

Lone Wolf

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,613 posts
  • Interests:I have lots of hobbies..

Posted 18 November 2013 - 05:48 AM

Don't forget when Sasuke managed to summon Manda despite the lst panel showing he was low on chakra.

He Who is Brave is Free-Seneca

^I have a lightsaber your argument is invalid^

"You may be called upon yet again to defend the glory of the Republic against the tyranny of the Dark Side. For this, is the destiny, of the Jedi..."

#234 Kster95

Kster95

Cat Sage

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,340 posts
  • Interests:Computers, Naruto, bleach, Sword Art Online, Young Justice, Game of thrones, Legend of Korra, Cats, Heroes

Posted 18 November 2013 - 05:55 AM

That is correct... of coarse that one made sense to fix because well, why have Naruto learn it if it's just gonna damage him (Yeah, I understand the whole Kyubii thing earlier in Shipudden)? 

Yeah lol, but I just realized that I thought Naruto could only use it in SM. But base Naruto can do it as long as he throws it. 

Don't forget when Sasuke managed to summon Manda despite the lst panel showing he was low on chakra.

Um  sorry I don't understand the connection between the 2? 

43iduct.jpg

#235 Shadow1275

Shadow1275

Lone Wolf

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,613 posts
  • Interests:I have lots of hobbies..

Posted 18 November 2013 - 07:16 AM

Yeah lol, but I just realized that I thought Naruto could only use it in SM. But base Naruto can do it as long as he throws it. 

Um  sorry I don't understand the connection between the 2? 

I read the rest of the thread and I thought we were giving examples of Kishi's bad writing moments. My bad man.

He Who is Brave is Free-Seneca

^I have a lightsaber your argument is invalid^

"You may be called upon yet again to defend the glory of the Republic against the tyranny of the Dark Side. For this, is the destiny, of the Jedi..."

#236 Kster95

Kster95

Cat Sage

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,340 posts

Posted 18 November 2013 - 07:27 AM

I read the rest of the thread and I thought we were giving examples of Kishi's bad writing moments. My bad man.

Oh lol its ok 

43iduct.jpg

#237 Sakamaki Izayoi

Sakamaki Izayoi

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,679 posts

Posted 18 November 2013 - 03:30 PM

I'm missing Naruto epic moments.

I mean i just finished Naruto Storm 3 on PC and i realized that Naruto should have epic moments like those on the manga, the last one if i remember was during Gaara's fight, i know Pain's arc was good too but not close to the epic moment Naruto had fighting with Tobi on Storm 3 that was so EPIC that i cried.

SK-303_image007.jpg

#238 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,998 posts

Posted 18 November 2013 - 06:12 PM

My understanding of Comic Book Batman is limited. I really can't use it as a comparison point because I don't know if some of the things that look for.

I don't mean to say I think you are insulting me, but were attaching motives to me that you are then declaring illegitimate rather than taking on the substance of the argument.

There is forgiveness and there is punishment. If Naruto wants to forgive him for wrongs against Naruto that is Naruto's choice. At time it feels like Naruto is making calls on behalf of everyone wronged and he has no right to do that. If played realistically, this could be an enormous and very ugly conflict depending on what Naruto's ultimate choice was. He's far more than just Naruto or Konoha's problem.

But forgiving someone for their transgressions does not mean, as tricksie said that they are not expected to pay the piper. There are consequences for doing what he did, forgive or not, he should still have to face those. That is my issue.

I don't care what Obito wants at this stage. It genuinely bothers me that this is even a focal point. As I keep saying, what about everyone else? Why are you only asking about what Obito wants and plans to do? Even if he does, for me, it's too late. If he stolen some money or committed a simple Assault? Yeah, I'd be more interested, but at least then the possibility exists for the victim to be made whole and, more importantly, they still have a life they can live. Obito stole the lives of people who had nothing to do with his tragedy. They, barring a repeat of Pain, doesn't get to do that here. They're dead.

I'm not saying you should be more open minded about other possibilities. It felt like, to me, that you were in essence arguing that his execution is wrong in and of itself, but rather than saying so you said that my reasons for wanting it were wrong there for his execution is wrong. I was wrong in my reading of it, but at the time I thought if you feel that way I think it more honest to simply stake that position rather than skate past it by saying all I wanted was self-satisfaction.

I explained why I think it just and I continue to stand by that.

Agreed, there is merely difference of opinion, so we'll leave it at that. And I apologize for seeming confrontational about your morals, I am impulsive like that sometimes.

I see Obito as having two paths in front of him. Either execution at the hands of an Allied Tribunal or the country which can claim the greatest injury from his actions, or life in prison (again, which is contingent on all nations agreeing to that sentence).

Whether he's forgiven by any parties or he shows any personal remorse has nothing to do with his actions and their consequences. His actions stand alone, and he has to be judged by that.

These are the messy details that undermine Naruto's message of breaking the cycle of hatred (which is why it gets glossed over). And it gets even messier when you realize this is someone who has wreaked havoc all over the shinobi nations, not just in Konoha. So each nation will have it's own standard of justice.

I am not banging the drum for Obito's death, simply because I think he's going to die anyway. It will make things so much easier for Naruto, Konoha and the rest of the world if they can all move on in without first having to come to some agreement on what is the fitting punishment for their generation's Hitler. And Naruto can still walk away having won the fight with minimal blood on his hands.

As a creator, Kishimoto writes himself into a corner by making villainous bad guys, then forcing the reader and the rest of the characters to understand and sympathize with him. And the groundwork has been laid for Madara to be another one of these villain-who-gets-redeemed-even-though-he-shouldn't-be type of characters. Blech. 

There are things I like a lot about this manga. But being forced to sympathize with the villains so the plot can move on is not one of them.

This I agree with, although sympathizing with him is fine and all, but it has nothing to do with what is to be done with him just as if you hate him for what he has done to your very core. If he dies then let him die, but not because of his actions but because it is the best thing for the story and for his development as a character. If he remains the same and still would destroy everything for the sake of himself which he justifies for losing Rin, then it would be safe to say killing him is the best course of action. If he chooses to die to do something for the greater good, rather than be killed off as an ever dangerous criminal, that is fine too. That means he's not doing it for the sake of being forgiven but for the sake of what is  right regardless of what he deserves or what others think of him. But if he lives, than I rather he lives still be hated and not forgiven, but still does things in his own way for the greater good. I'm not expecting him to be forgiven and every one does "Ring Around the Rosie" under a rainbow, cause that I'd be disgusted with.

But anyways, the way I see it is that while Naruto is sympathizing with his enemies, he's calling them out for their reasoning on it. He wants them to understand the moral of their actions that they are just hating and destroying lives and are justifying it selfishly rather than being honest with themselves. He knows the feelings of hatred, he knows the emptiness of losing loved ones, but he still chooses not to let it consume him even though he could have done so many times in the past. He is rather letting his enemies know the negative consequences of their actions and letting them decide for themselves what they are to do from then on. And will continue to fight for his beliefs if they do not change. Just like with Gaara, remember? Naruto said he understood completely what Gaara is going through but will still kill him if it means protecting his loved ones. With Nagato, Naruto said he could not forgive him, but won't kill him because then he is killing for revenge, not justice. However he did not say that he would not fight/kill Nagato if Nagato continues to force suffering onto people and believes that peace can be achieved that way.  And right now, Naruto is asking Obito, is what the latter's actions really what he want? Doe he really not regretting it? If he's doing everything for Rin, is this really what she wanted? Sure Naruto is being soft on them but he's not by all definitions being nice. He wants them to come to terms with their actions, and If they still want to oppose him then I'm sure he'll stop them. It may not be what everyone wants about hey, It's Kishimoto's decision and let's be honest; are Shonen manga not mostly about this fluffy stuff with goodness and love and to not give into hate, etc. It might be childish but it's it's what they're about usually. You would rarely see and shonen manga about moral ambiguity and a gritty/ dark atmosphere. that is more common in seinen manga. I like both, personally speaking.

Edited by Phantom_999, 19 November 2013 - 03:08 PM.

3fbe3276d61acb2079b56cd2212a341c14963200

#239 Nostradamus

Nostradamus

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,026 posts

Posted 18 November 2013 - 11:53 PM

Yes it is what it is. But there is a problem with that. You see when a writer creates a universe he or she also creates the laws in which that universe works. But he or she must be very careful when establishing those laws. You must be very careful when using words like "always" or "all" or "will" because these words refer to absolutism. When you establish that something will always happen no matter what, you stick with it.

And no you don't need to make a comment about how badly Sasuke is written because trust me I know.

Edited by Nostradamus, 19 November 2013 - 12:03 AM.

CZSn9hA.jpg

#240 LadyGT

LadyGT

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,710 posts
  • Interests:Drawing pretty much everything that defines "randomness".

Posted 19 November 2013 - 07:58 AM

Sorry guys for the dumb question but when can we expect the next chapter?

aw9vkj.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users