#221 CloudMountainJuror

CloudMountainJuror

Zac the CMJ

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,726 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 04:14 AM

QUOTE (merryGOflava @ May 5 2012, 11:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
*pats shoulder*...... last time i complained about a show all my favorite characters went through a 5 year time-skip and disappeared....(...young justice...why...)

just enjoy it biggrin.gif yea it might be a little fast....but korra is a straight-forward person biggrin.gif and we only have about 7 more episodes before season 1 ends :3

if they get it outta the way now we can have more action/bending/amon stuff later >:D

I was aggravated about the YJ thing too. It was so out-of-nowhere.

"The time has come at last for you to learn everything . . .

Fare thee well, Albert, my friend."

AboojTi.gif

#222 merryGOflava

merryGOflava

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,386 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 04:41 AM

QUOTE (zacrathedemon5 @ May 6 2012, 04:14 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I was aggravated about the YJ thing too. It was so out-of-nowhere.

i know right......i know!! shamefulcry0js.gif i feel ya.

i miss wally.. my favorite....

but im just trying to embrace the new team. i already went on a 3 day rant XD

tumblr_mp2s5jvShD1svjcb7o1_250.gif

#223 Fliss

Fliss

stfu

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 428 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 05:45 AM

I uh actually really really really liked the episode. It's one of my favorites.
But I'm a teenage girl who ships like crazy so what're you gonna do.

❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀

#224 LinksmaLope

LinksmaLope

Academy Student

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 41 posts
  • Interests:Listening to music, drawing, playing video-games, watching anime, reading manga, reading books, Three Days Grace, Winry Rockbell, Skillet, Apocalyptica, 30 seconds to mars, Higurashi, InuYasha, Naruto, Elfen Lied, FMA, Drowning Pool, Nickelback, Nirvana.

Posted 06 May 2012 - 06:44 AM

Gahh I'm such a horrible person...I laughed when Bolin started to cry...And Korra is a healer! Am i the only one happy about that? Anyway,Mako you ass,not only did you led Korra on when Bolin said he wanted to date her,but you cheated on Asami too! Well i might as well ship Korrasami until i see any proof of Borra again...Or i could just ship Makorralin like i did before Asami showed up...hmmm...

#225 sushi.

sushi.

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,071 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 02:48 PM

I actually think Basami would be a fit. She is romantic, likes gifts and a boy that takes care of her. Bolin! biggrin.gif Though it would be too akward and clichè to switch 180c. I don't like how Bolin thought Korra was the perfect ideal girl, reminds me of how Hinata thinks of Naruto. Love must see strengths and weaknesses. It was cute how Makorra drives eachother crazy. ^^

ナルサク

#226 Fyuria'sLeo

Fyuria'sLeo

Dork

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,847 posts
  • Interests:Space, Video Games, Drawing, Writing, Science, Reading, Friendship. Mostly things about space.

Posted 06 May 2012 - 02:58 PM

Korra/Bolin all the way!

8c5a9c63d23baf4e9d077bf65597592bb55115a2

#227 Sakura Blossoms

Sakura Blossoms

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 8,418 posts
  • Location:Sunny (when there's no hurricane XD) South Florida!
  • Interests:Reading, writing fanfiction (check out my homepage) *shameless plug* XD, video games, and anime! ^_^

Posted 06 May 2012 - 03:49 PM

QUOTE (sushi. @ May 6 2012, 10:48 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I don't like how Bolin thought Korra was the perfect ideal girl, reminds me of how Hinata thinks of Naruto. Love must see strengths and weaknesses.

I disagree. I'm not even sure how you can compare Hinata to Bolin and vice versa, as Bolin is nothing like Hinata personality-wise, and Bolin is well aware of Korra's hot temper and ability to get grumpy or even emo like she was in the last ep. He doesn't see her through rose-tinted glasses. He sees all of Korra, the happy upbeat friendly side, and even the sometimes snappish angry unhappy side, and he likes all of her.

QUOTE (Fyuria'sLeo @ May 6 2012, 10:58 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Korra/Bolin all the way!

^ This 111191.gif

#228 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,987 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 04:13 PM

Why not? tongue.gif It will settle everything in any case. smile.gif

QUOTE (Sakura Blossoms @ May 5 2012, 07:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I personally think they're going a bit overboard with this whole 'love/love triangle' thing. Avatar: The Last Airbender didn't focus anywhere near as much or as strongly on the whole 'love ship' as Korra is trying to do, and Avatar was pretty kicka$$ awesome as a result.

My point exactly, Kage Sakura. yes.gif

QUOTE (merryGOflava @ May 5 2012, 08:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
oh stop complaining you guys XDD

who cares if this was a love episode XD it was interesting.

i laughed and cried when bolin got heartbroken......XD i couldnt help it...he cried and ran so funny!!

at the end...it seemed like all the pairings went a step back XD

i can go for makkora or borra biggrin.gif im happy with either! so im just enjoying the shipping ride~

I just don't like love triangles. It leads to crazy, out of control things; especially in tv shows. Need I remind of our own battle front? mellow.gif We have the bashing, and the complaining, and the whole " THEY ARE SO WRONG TOGETHER" aspect, so I rather not deal with that honestly. It's just a waste of energy at times. Not that I'm complaining but you know it's true.

QUOTE (merryGOflava @ May 5 2012, 08:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
*pats shoulder*...... last time i complained about a show all my favorite characters went through a 5 year time-skip and disappeared....(...young justice...why...)

just enjoy it biggrin.gif yea it might be a little fast....but korra is a straight-forward person biggrin.gif and we only have about 7 more episodes before season 1 ends :3

if they get it outta the way now we can have more action/bending/amon stuff later >:D

No idea what you're talking about. Don't really watch it.

Edited by Phantom_999, 06 May 2012 - 07:54 PM.

3fbe3276d61acb2079b56cd2212a341c14963200

#229 LinksmaLope

LinksmaLope

Academy Student

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 41 posts
  • Interests:Listening to music, drawing, playing video-games, watching anime, reading manga, reading books, Three Days Grace, Winry Rockbell, Skillet, Apocalyptica, 30 seconds to mars, Higurashi, InuYasha, Naruto, Elfen Lied, FMA, Drowning Pool, Nickelback, Nirvana.

Posted 06 May 2012 - 04:23 PM

QUOTE (Fyuria'sLeo @ May 6 2012, 05:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Korra/Bolin all the way!

This ^ a_thumbs.gif

#230 Nee-sama

Nee-sama

Still trying to beat the boredom.

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,011 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 04:37 PM

Finally got to watch it!
So, am I the only one wondering why it took so long to see a stream of water hurled at the opponents, not just a little bullet? I was beginning to think that was against the rules or something. Bolin was so sweet, but I like that Korra had matured a little bit by the end of the episode, enough to thank Asami (even though she's a spy!) I'm predicting that Asami's Dad is going to blackmail them into throwing the championship match to the pretty boy team so he can win a bet or something.

971084_656443124372835_371212529_n_zps46

#231 Fyuria'sLeo

Fyuria'sLeo

Dork

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,847 posts
  • Interests:Space, Video Games, Drawing, Writing, Science, Reading, Friendship. Mostly things about space.

Posted 06 May 2012 - 04:42 PM

This is troublesome...Bolin seriously didnt deserve this!!!!

8c5a9c63d23baf4e9d077bf65597592bb55115a2

#232 merryGOflava

merryGOflava

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,386 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 07:56 PM

QUOTE (sushi. @ May 6 2012, 03:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I actually think Basami would be a fit. She is romantic, likes gifts and a boy that takes care of her. Bolin! biggrin.gif Though it would be too akward and clichè to switch 180c. I don't like how Bolin thought Korra was the perfect ideal girl, reminds me of how Hinata thinks of Naruto. Love must see strengths and weaknesses. It was cute how Makorra drives eachother crazy. ^^

>:o.....isnt bolin more like naruto???? since hes outgoing and constantly trying to get her to go on a date with him and thought she was perfect??????

(i ship both borra and makkora though....it just depends on the episode XD.....episode 3 i was all makkora, epiosde 5 i think borra is cute....im all over the place)

Edited by merryGOflava, 06 May 2012 - 07:57 PM.

#233 sushi.

sushi.

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,071 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 10:05 PM

QUOTE (merryGOflava @ May 6 2012, 08:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
>:o.....isnt bolin more like naruto???? since hes outgoing and constantly trying to get her to go on a date with him and thought she was perfect??????

(i ship both borra and makkora though....it just depends on the episode XD.....episode 3 i was all makkora, epiosde 5 i think borra is cute....im all over the place)

I didn't talk about personality traits. I was hinting to "She's strong, I'm strong, she's beautiful..I'm GORGEOUS! That's why Korra and I are perfect for eachother!"
Seems too shallow to me. Korra went on a date wit Bolin, she's still holding on to Mako. And Mako doesn't seem too happy with Asami either.

(Actually, Bolin reminds me of Peeta from the Hunger Games. tongue.gif )

Btw...we've had episodes only dedicated to love before, the cave of two lovers, anyone? kruemelmonsteryn0.gif

ナルサク

#234 merryGOflava

merryGOflava

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,386 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 10:21 PM

QUOTE (sushi. @ May 6 2012, 10:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I didn't talk about personality traits. I was hinting to "She's strong, I'm strong, she's beautiful..I'm GORGEOUS! That's why Korra and I are perfect for eachother!"
Seems too shallow to me. Korra went on a date wit Bolin, she's still holding on to Mako. And Mako doesn't seem too happy with Asami either.

(Actually, Bolin reminds me of Peeta from the Hunger Games. tongue.gif )

Btw...we've had episodes only dedicated to love before, the cave of two lovers, anyone? kruemelmonsteryn0.gif

uhhhhh im pretty sure naruto liked sakura at first cause he thought she was cute.

and bolin thinking korra is strong and beautiful isnt shallow, he obviously cared cause he cried when she kissed mako.
(in fact bolin was the first person to call her pretty) korra even said she didnt feel date worthy because of mako but bolin cheered her up saying she was awesome.
sure he acts childish, but its not shallow.
and speaking of shallow.....isnt mako the one cheating on asami here?

Edited by merryGOflava, 06 May 2012 - 10:33 PM.

#235 sushi.

sushi.

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,071 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 10:32 PM

QUOTE (merryGOflava @ May 6 2012, 10:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
uhhhhh im pretty sure naruto liked sakura at first cause he thought she was cute.

and bolin thinking korra is strong and beautiful isnt shallow, he obviously cared cause he cried when she kissed mako.
(in fact bolin was the first person to call her pretty)
he just has a childish attitude, and is cocky.

and speaking of shallow.....isnt mako the one cheating on asami here?

Naruto liked her, he didn't say they were perfect for eachother. Maybe I took Bolin too literally, hmm. sleep.gif
I would rather call Mako selfish..not shallow. But I still ship Makorra, because I think it's canon and that Borra won't develop to love. Mako is the first person to call her amazing, which crushes "pretty", +strong, beautiful etc.

ナルサク

#236 merryGOflava

merryGOflava

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,386 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 10:38 PM

QUOTE (sushi. @ May 6 2012, 10:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Naruto liked her, he didn't say they were perfect for eachother. Maybe I took Bolin too literally, hmm. sleep.gif
I would rather call Mako selfish..not shallow. But I still ship Makorra, because I think it's canon and that Borra won't develop to love. Mako is the first person to call her amazing, which crushes "pretty", +strong, beautiful etc.

bolin called her AND I QUOTE "your the smartest, funniest, toughest, buffest, talentedest, incrediblest girl in the world..."

and called her "one of a kind"

i think that beats amazing by a long shot XD

Edited by merryGOflava, 06 May 2012 - 10:41 PM.

#237 Sakura Blossoms

Sakura Blossoms

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 8,418 posts
  • Location:Sunny (when there's no hurricane XD) South Florida!
  • Interests:Reading, writing fanfiction (check out my homepage) *shameless plug* XD, video games, and anime! ^_^

Posted 07 May 2012 - 02:04 AM

QUOTE (merryGOflava @ May 6 2012, 03:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

This is my dilemma exactly XD

QUOTE (sushi. @ May 6 2012, 06:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That wasn't 4-5 episodes in. There was no in-your-face-blatant lip lock. No one was cheating on anyone else, or hurting anyone else's feelings. And no zomg!drama that resulted in a situation where it affected anyone's judgement immediately, like it did Korra and Mako's during the pro-bending tourny. This whole thing with Korra/Mako/Bolin/Asami is just a grab at ratings by playing to the teenager audience that usually feeds off of stuff like this. It's the Twilight/Jacob/Bella/Edward demographic they're aiming for. Audiences that eat that kind of to me pointless, annoying, fighting-jealous-threesome drama up.

#238 CloudMountainJuror

CloudMountainJuror

Zac the CMJ

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,726 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 02:07 AM

QUOTE (Sakura Blossoms @ May 6 2012, 09:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
That wasn't 4-5 episodes in. There was no in-your-face-blatant lip lock. No one was cheating on anyone else, or hurting anyone else's feelings. And no zomg!drama that resulted in a situation where it affected anyone's judgement immediately, like it did Korra and Mako's during the pro-bending tourny. This whole thing with Korra/Mako/Bolin/Asami is just a grab at ratings by playing to the teenager audience that usually feeds off of stuff like this. It's the Twilight/Jacob/Bella/Edward demographic they're aiming for. Audiences that eat that kind of to me pointless, annoying, fighting-jealous-threesome drama up.

With quotes like these, you're quickly gaining my respect, Sakura.

"The time has come at last for you to learn everything . . .

Fare thee well, Albert, my friend."

AboojTi.gif

#239 Dragunov

Dragunov

Examiner

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,076 posts
  • Interests:lol git

Posted 07 May 2012 - 02:18 AM

Bolin forever alone T-T

#240 Greed-Sama

Greed-Sama

The Last Man

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,509 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 02:24 AM

QUOTE (Sakura Blossoms @ May 6 2012, 09:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

So I agree with the fact that it's in your face and could be construed as a play for ratings, but I doubt it. With as big as A:TLA was I highly doubt that it's purposefully a ratings grab. What I think it is, is a way to complicate the dynamics for when Amon takes the spotlight. You have all of these emotionally charged problems happening. Introduce terrorist like character, and tons of problems are going to ensue.
75b28593-b271-4fcc-ab30-b8457d3f9708_zps

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users