as long as he doesnt kill off hinata, ill agree with you, my friend

#222 SweetGoodbye18

SweetGoodbye18

Academy Student

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 23 posts

Posted 02 March 2009 - 04:48 AM

I for one never understood the logic behind the : Sakura doesn't deserve Naruto argument. For some reason they never explained why Naruto doesn't deserve the girl he's been pining for since he was little.

Yes Sakura was a selfish inconsiderate brat, but people change and whilst she did take her meanness to ''unspeakable'' levels a lot of that was due to her having false impressions of Naruto. Which was due to to the fact that Naruto was so isolated.

Many like to say that Hinata was never mean to him. Ok, I give you that, but she wasn't exactly nice either. Ever heard the saying , evil triumphs when good men do nothing ? She saw how lonely he was but did she try to do anything about that ? So does she "deserve'' Naruto?

Love does not happen that way. Really wish it did.
It is madness for sheep to talk peace with a wolf".
I dont wish to be everything to everyone but I would like to be something to someone
"]Immature love says: 'I love you because I need you.' Mature love says 'I need you because I love you".'
"Love is always bestowed as a gift - freely, willingly and without expectation. We don't love to be loved; we love to love".

#223 Drakonis

Drakonis

Academy Student

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 02 March 2009 - 05:00 AM

well yeah they never explained it, its just my opinion, and its based on a fantasy world way of love. the person who sakura is now deserves him as much as anyone else, i would say more than hinata, but from the beginning until now, in a cumulative point of view, its more on the side of hinata. leaving the word "deserve" behind, and having more of an idea of what will happen, i will say this:

if hinata lives, it looks like kishi set up a naruhina.

if she dies, either narusaku, or nothing

if this never happened, narusaku or nothing

that help any?

#224 dl316bh

dl316bh

International Smug Elitist

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,519 posts

Posted 02 March 2009 - 05:23 AM

QUOTE (Drakonis @ Mar 2 2009, 12:00 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
if hinata lives, it looks like kishi set up a naruhina.

Err, not really. I honestly don't see where you're getting that from. I honestly think people are making way too much of this confession. Just because she confessed her crush doesn't really mean jack; it had to happen at some point no matter what Kishi was looking to do.

I'm definitely missing how confession equals probable NaruHina.
bd5.jpg

#225 Drakonis

Drakonis

Academy Student

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 02 March 2009 - 05:32 AM

once again, look at it at face value...i said "it looks like kishi set up a naruhina." analyzing this statement, you would know that "it looks like" can contain skepticism or a guess. "kishi set up" doesnt necessarily mean itll happen, its a set up. and once again, its my opinion, i never said it was a fact....

#226 dl316bh

dl316bh

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,519 posts

Posted 02 March 2009 - 05:54 AM

Yeah, I know nd you never did claim it was fact; I just don't see where that's coming from. It doesn't even really look like he's setting it up. If he were to revive her, it would have to be addressed, yes; but that doesn't mean it really looks like NaruHina. There are several different ways it could go from there; and it seems even more likely we'd see an "I appreciate it, but I don't really feel the same" sort of thing in Naruto's goofy way.

I've seen some claim that if she were to live, that would most likely mean NaruHina; and I don't get that. It doesn't come off like that to me at all. All it would mean would that the confession would have to be adressed one way or another.

Edited by dl316bh, 02 March 2009 - 05:55 AM.

bd5.jpg

#227 Drakonis

Drakonis

Academy Student

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 02 March 2009 - 06:04 AM

yeah and like i said also, i have a biased opinion, im waiting for something cool to happen. i doubt naruto would say that. to be honest if she does survive, can see her confession being forgotten from narutos weird brain, i wouldnt put it past him

#228 Jenskott

Jenskott

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,419 posts
  • Interests:Comic-books: Superman, Spider-Man, Fantastic Four, Batman, X-Men...
    Manga/anime: Ranma 1/2, Saint Seiya, Kimagure Orange Road, Fist of North Star, Touch, City Hunter, Rurouni Kenshin, Mazinger Z, Devilman, Cutey Honey, Daimos, Space Battleship Yamato, Captain Harlock, Gundam, Bubblegum Crisis, Lone wolf and Cub, Naruto...
    Cartoons: Ninja Turtles, The Transformers, Thundercats, G. I. Joe, The Real ghostbusters, He-Man, SilverHawks, Batman TAS, Avatar...
    Videogames: Super Mario Bros, The Legend of Zelda, Metroid, King of Fighters, Earthbound, Golden Sun, Castlevania, Fire Emblem, Donkey Kong Country, Kirby, Kid Icarus, Final Fantasy, Sonic, Alex Kid, Golden Axe, Phantasy Star, Shining Force, Panzer Dragoon, Street Fighter, Mega Man, Crash Bandicoot, Medievil, Dragon Quest, Secret of Mana, Terranigma...
    Movies: Riders of Lost Ark, The Dark Crystal, Labyrinth, The Ghostbusters, Highlander, Robocop, Return to Oz, Conan the Barbarian, The Goonies...
    Books: The Lord of the Rings, The Neverending Story, The Wizard of Oz, Dracula, Treasure's Island, Journey to the Center of Earth, The Black Arrow, Alice in Wonderland...

Posted 02 March 2009 - 07:58 AM

Honestly, I don't get that idea of Sakura doesn't/didn't deserve Naruto at all. Firstly, because love doesn't work like that. It isn't about who deserves who. Secondly, because that argument doesn't hold water.

Let's count what Hinata has done for Naruto. And I'm talking about FACTS, not telepathic support: she offered her healp cheating during the exam, she offered him a balm after he fought Kiba (unfortunately he didn't need it and he offered it to Sakura. Hinata offered it to Kiba as well, anyways), she cheered him up before fighting Neji, she warned him Kabuto was behind him (250+ after the former gesture, folks), and now she faced Pain for saving him.

If now we count what Sakura has done for Naruto, starting for feeding him during the test bell (even if she was being talked into), helping him with tree-climbing training, helping him to walk back to the town after a mission when he couldn't stand upright (right before Chuunin exams)... the list is way, way longer.

Maybe you understand my POV with this example: Hinata has tried saving his life once. How many times Sakura has put her life in jeopardy for saving Naruto, or Naruto and Sasuke? The Sound nins, Gaara, Itachi's "shadow clone", Sasori, Orochimaru, Kyuubi... could also have killed her.

But people likes sticking to their bias, prejudices and first impresions: Sakura didn't like Naruto at the beginning and she badmouthed him, so she was a bad person and didn't deserve him. Hinata admired him so she deserved him.

However, Sakura thought that because she didn't know him. She only knew what her parents and other grownups told. When she got to know him, she began changing her mind and befriending him. When she realized the truth, she didn't leave him alone.

Now, Hinata knew he was a good boy and he was alone, and she did nothing. Not even she could bring herself to befriend him.

So... I'm sorry. Hinata isn't a bad person, but she doesn't deserve Naruto more than Sakura. She has done almost nothing for him, even when she had the chance. She has needed 437 chapters for making something meaningful for Naruto when Sakura has been doing it since the beginning.

Her sacrifice has been very brave, but also stupid, right like Sakura running towards a Four-tailed Fox was very brave but as well stupid. Unfortunately, her selfless, well-intentioned action has made everything worst: Naruto had been withholding Kyuubi for Sakura. Now he has unleashed it due to Hinata.

super-robot-wars-poster.jpg

Do you want to take over the world, huh? Well, you'll have to go through us first!

#229 Onionhead Attacks

Onionhead Attacks

Examiner

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 945 posts
  • Interests:reading, writing, eating, and sleeping =]

Posted 02 March 2009 - 08:14 AM

This stuff is starting to sound like it belongs in a debate thread. >.>

But referring to the actual chapter, I want the next chapter and the ones after that for confirmation of Hinata's fate and the outcome of the six-tailed Naruto vs Pain battle.

Fanfiction.net C2: Heaven & Earth: A NaruSaku Library

ns-believe.jpg
Colored by me

#230 dl316bh

dl316bh

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,519 posts

Posted 02 March 2009 - 09:10 AM

QUOTE (Onionhead Attacks @ Mar 2 2009, 03:14 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
But referring to the actual chapter, I want the next chapter and the ones after that for confirmation of Hinata's fate and the outcome of the six-tailed Naruto vs Pain battle.

I want the next chapter to start with Pain chanting a fruity catchphrase like "HERE COMES THE PAIN" and then getting punked in ninety seconds like Brock Lesnar in his first UFC fight.
bd5.jpg

#231 Vld

Vld

Academy Student

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 38 posts

Posted 02 March 2009 - 04:39 PM

QUOTE (Nate River @ Feb 27 2009, 05:45 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It's as I thought. Its impossible to tell if she's dead for good or not.

On the one hand, she doesn't speak as someone confessing in the hopes of the person returning anything. She talks like someone who thinks she's about to die.

On the other hand, this is still Kishimoto. She's still of the younger generation and it kinda smells like Chouji and Neji. Where the look dead, should be dead, but aren't.

It all comes down to what he has in mind. If this is meant as a final confirmation that she has changed and become strong like she wanted (represented by both the sacrifice and confession, then she's come full circle, resolved her personal goal, and will likely die. If it's meant a push for romance, she'll live. Or he could do something in between, but I'd prefer he didn't.

NaruSaku fans will want the former. NaruHina the latter. Personally, I want the former for reasons unrelated to pairings. I've wanted Naruto to experience an on screen tragedy like this for a long time. This is a fantastic opportunity to do that. An added bonus would be Naruto losing control and doing even more damage in a fit of rage. Ah, the personal torment would be amazing.

However, I really don't know what he means to do here and we probably won't find out until the fight as concluded.

EDIT: Missed the stab, which has me leaning toward the first option. That looks like a finishing her off type deal. That said, that's still not guarantee because, bottom line is, this is still Resurrection Jutsu Kishi.

Resurrection Jutsu Kishi? Well, the resurrection only happened once... for Gaara. Not for Kakashi, not for Asuma, not for Jiraya, and not for Shizune. Although Kakashi may still be alive, but it doesn't think so.

Now, while i may like Narusaku, i like Naruhina better, so you know what i hope. Hell, even if they don't end up together, i hope she survives! And i won't believe she's dead until they confirm it in the manga. I mean, last we saw of her, she was still alive, if only barely conscious, then the stab happened... off screen. That means either they think it's too gruesome (right, anyone remember Kakashi's Raikiri through Haku's frame?) or she's still alive, and they hope to make us believe she is dead (i hope it's the latter), i don't care whether or not Naruto needs to "experience tragedy first hand" or not!
Besides, he almost killed his first real friend himself, only for said friend to die by the hands of his sensei. His second real friend put not one, but two Chidoris through his chest and that's after he broke his neck.

Granted, if Hinata died right now, it would be the second time since Haku that someone he cared for died right in front of his eyes, but there were too many tragedies already for it not to hit home (besides, let's not forget that we haven't seen Konohamaru either since he used the Rasengan... which apparently didn't work since Naruto destroyed five of the six corpses and is facing the sixth... i seriously hope the kid is not dead, and same as Hinata, i won't believe nor even accept the idea until i see a body).

Last, i can say i don't care whether or not Naruto uses Kyuubi, as long as he destroys that moralizing son of a whore that is Pein. I hope they kill Konan first, though, just so that "Pein" gets a taste of his own medicine. And let me tell you, i'm usually hoping for the survival of any female character, same for children characters.

And hey, if among the Konoha Genin, Hinata is the first to go, i'll be royally pissed. I can see at least two, and a Suna youngster, thatshould die before her. One because i hate his guts (Sasugay), and the other two because i think they don't have as much potential as her (Kiba... is worth that Naruto ever was in the loud department, and i don't see how he could evolve, aside from hitting harder and faster, and Kankuro... what exactly has he done since Naruto came back from his three years training? Oh yeah, he got beaten it two seconds, and got poisoned. At least Gaara managed to protect his entire village from the equivalent of a nuclear bomb, and Temari was at least instrumental in Naruto telling Sakura about Kyuubi.)

QUOTE (Bryon_Konoha_Ninja @ Feb 27 2009, 05:57 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
T_T I just feel like dying now, guys... since this reminds me of the Sorato fiasco in Digimon Adventure all over again... seriously... someone just kill me so I don't have to feel this pain that the NaruHina fans have won practically since Hinata confessed first, even if what Nate said is possible too.... shamefulcry0js.gif sad.gif sad.gif sad.gif sad.gif I may be like this for a while....

Bryon

Well, i'm a big naruhina fan so it wouldn't bother me if they got (finally) together, but keep a few things in mind. One, Naruto is still in love with Sakura. Even though he believes she loves Sasuke and only Sasuke, that's still a fact. As for Sakura... she obviously started to fall for Naruto, but she hasn't noticed it yet... and probably would deny it for some time if she did. So, if Hinata survives (i'll cross my fingers until they turn blue as long as we don't have the answer to that) Naruto may decide to experiment (he's a growig boy after all) but it still won't erase the possibility of NaruSaku. And as long as he doesn't love Hinata that way, i doubt he will date her, because he's Naruto, he's too damn loyal to hurt Hinata by going out with her when he's not in love with her.
He may start to hang out with her, though, which will mean the ball is in Sakura's hands. She's the one who first needs to realize her feelings for the blond, who needs to accept it, and then who needs to chose between her feelings for Sasuke (which i hope she forgets) and for Naruto. Once she does, and choses Naruto, it will depend on how quick on the uptake she was. And since it's Hinata and Naruto we're talking about, i must say, to my slight regret (like i said, i like Narusaku, but i like NaruHina better) that i think Sakura, once she realises how good a catch Naruto is, won't have that much trouble hooking him.

QUOTE (Radon @ Feb 27 2009, 06:04 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm starting to think the same thing as option one as well.

It did seem like a tragic confession, it wasn't fluffy, it was sad and morbid all mixed together.

Kishi said that Sakura as well as Kakashi will have a large ark.

Everyone thought this was going to be Kakashi's ark but what if it's Sakura ark instead.

Could the death of Hinata be the burst of everyone bubble, the catalyst.

Naruto, Sakura, Kiba, Shino, Neji. It could be a great start to an ark.

As irrational as i may sound, i refuse to accept that it would be the start of a good ark. As far as i'm concerned, Hinata is NOT dead. Whether or not she ends in a pairing with naruto.

QUOTE (Bryon_Konoha_Ninja @ Feb 27 2009, 06:14 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well, some of what was said DOES make me feel better. =/ But still... you know the obsessed NaruHina fans're gonna try to use this against us....

Bryon

Well, if a NaruHina pairing happens i will make a victory dance, but like i said previously, even if she survives, it doesn't mean that they will end up together. Like i said, if Hinata lives, it's still Sakura's actions that will determine the final pairings. Just because she confessed, it doesn't mean her and Naruto will happen right away, and Sakura still has time to make her choice, and possibly her move. The deciding fact will be whether or not she can be quick in her decision making.

QUOTE (SweetGoodbye18 @ Feb 27 2009, 06:15 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think I need my inhaler... sad.gif
I really cant believe all the hints were just to keep narusaku fans interested. He is not going to just wake up and be inlove with her< Kishi has had time and opportunity to make naruhina believable and thus having him drop it in all its glory in our laps is just bad writing. Yes I know this is not a romantic genre but he could have done something more with the team 8 tag along mission. Im not going to go so far and say she's dead but I don't think this is the end of narusaku. And yes im shaking with nervousness. laugh.gif

Agreed. If, just because she made her confession the two end together right away, even i won't be happy, and like you all know, i'm a naruhina shipper. That wouldn't be logical in the slightest. That chapter, if Hinata survives, is barely an introduction.

QUOTE (Daniee @ Feb 27 2009, 06:15 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
If there's one thing in the Narutoverse that's been portrayed as fatal, it's being impaled. (Unless you're a certain "Zombie Duo")
Haku, Zabuza, Sakon & Ukon, Sasori, Asuma, Jiraiya, Messanger Frog, and Fukasaku all met their end via impalement, and Sasuke would have died from Killerbee's swords if he hadn't have run Raiton through his body and been immediately healed by Karin. Really, this was different from all the "near deaths" in Naruto. Pain was clearly finishing the job, where as the Chouji and Neji cases were pretty ambiguous.

But all the others we saw getting impaled, whereas for Hinata it happened off screen. Yep, i will deny it to the very end so there!!! tongue.gif

QUOTE (Onionhead Attacks @ Feb 27 2009, 06:17 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Although what you say does make sense... we still need a confirmation somehow. Seriously... I wouldn't be surprised if Kishi thinks up of something at the last second to save Hinata. Since like Nate said, Kishi hardly if ever, most likely never, kills the younger generation. We'll have to see if he has the guts to actually kill her or not, even if I don't want Hinata to die DX

Four names. Haku, Kin, Zaku and Dosu. Dosu and Zaku seemed older, and Haku was about a year or two older... but Kin? If she was more than 13 years old, i'm willing to eat my hat. And her fate was probably one of the worsts. And i won't mention the dead kids from the fillers, because, like some people said to me, "the fillers didn't happen".

QUOTE (True @ Feb 27 2009, 06:35 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
As for Hinata dieing, I myself like Shriner won't accept it unless we have a confirmation from a character in the manga. Characters prior to this have 'technically' died yet still brought back to life. It is a fantasy story after all and Kishimoto can think of a magical way to revive her.

Funny, how many people seem to say that so many people were believed dead and brought back. The only times this happened were with first Sasuke after his fight with Haku, and with Gaara, and for him it needed Chiyo to sacrifice her life.

Unless you count Deidara who escaped Kakashi's mangekyou, there aren't that many people who come back from death's door in Naruto.

#232 Onionhead Attacks

Onionhead Attacks

Examiner

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 945 posts

Posted 02 March 2009 - 05:45 PM

QUOTE (Vld @ Mar 2 2009, 09:36 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Four names. Haku, Kin, Zaku and Dosu. Dosu and Zaku seemed older, and Haku was about a year or two older... but Kin? If she was more than 13 years old, i'm willing to eat my hat. And her fate was probably one of the worsts. And i won't mention the dead kids from the fillers, because, like some people said to me, "the fillers didn't happen".

Let me clarify. When I mentioned that Kishi hardly kills the younger generation, I was limiting it to the Rookie 9 and Team Gai. In the Hinata's Fate thread, someone mentioned and included images for the deathly blows, or actions that some of the Rookies + Team Gai have taken and or done. And yet they somehow have survived even though they appeared as if they were on the brink of death.

While Kishi did indeed kill off those you have mentioned, he seemed to have spared the characters from Konoha. For what reason, I'm not sure. Perhaps he didn't want to kill off characters we've grown attached to that soon. But now, it's been a while and through all the chaos and destruction, it would be more realistic for anyone, whether Konoha ninja (Rookie 9 + Team Gai) or not, to die. I'm just waiting to see if Kishi will actually turn the tables and actually stop sparing certain characters.

Funny, how many people seem to say that so many people were believed dead and brought back. The only times this happened were with first Sasuke after his fight with Haku, and with Gaara, and for him it needed Chiyo to sacrifice her life.

Unless you count Deidara who escaped Kakashi's mangekyou, there aren't that many people who come back from death's door in Naruto.

I believe True was referring to the fact that through the deadly injuries or risks (Chouji's case) people may have undertaken, they should have technically been dead. But somehow, miraculously, they are saved. How does one survive having a gigantic hole through one's chest? Yes, find a medical ninja is proficient in the arts enough to seal up and heal the hole in your body.

That's why we are awaiting for confirmation that someone is dead before something miraculously saves them from death.

Edited by Onionhead Attacks, 02 March 2009 - 05:52 PM.

ns-believe.jpg
Colored by me

#233 Vld

Vld

Academy Student

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 38 posts

Posted 02 March 2009 - 05:54 PM

QUOTE (dl316bh @ Feb 27 2009, 06:59 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
... Okay, this is where you lost me. I'd honestly barely even call them friends really, considering their small amount of interaction, much less close friends. But failing to save someone else, considering Naruto and his determination, yes, that would probably be enough to send him over the edge.

Oh, they're friends all right, maybe not as friendly as i would hope, but they're friends. Not close friends? Well, for people like us, who have had lots of times to build friendships, yes it seems like that. But this is Naruto we're talking about. The guy who was alone all his childhood. Granted, they don't hang out that much, but to him, anyone who asks for his friendship or shows the slightest bit of interest is his dear friend. Proof? How long did he spend with Sasuke between the Academy and the betrayal? Six months, tops. And three years afterwards, he's still trying his damnedest to bring the teme back. When, if i was the one being betrayed like that, i would be trying to bury a kunai in the bastard's skull.
So, let's say not close as Sakura. THAT i agree. Which makes me wonder how many tails he would have called on if SAKURA was the one hurt before his eyes. I don't think it would be only six.

QUOTE (dl316bh @ Feb 27 2009, 07:17 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You know, this makes me wonder if there's a japanese equivilent of "Women in Refridgerators".

In short, a waste of our time and page space, yes?

I really hope that's not the case, because at this point, that scene just wrapped up the last nagging thread she had left storywise. If she's kept from death at the last second, she's just going to fade into the background and do absolutely nothing. Just like the rest, really.

Oh, if Kishimoto saves her only to ignore her afterwards? I'll be royally pissed.

#234 Nate River

Nate River

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 5,982 posts

Posted 02 March 2009 - 06:43 PM

QUOTE (Vld @ Mar 2 2009, 10:39 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Resurrection Jutsu Kishi? Well, the resurrection only happened once... for Gaara. Not for Kakashi, not for Asuma, not for Jiraya, and not for Shizune. Although Kakashi may still be alive, but it doesn't think so.

I was unhappy he used it all. I still do not understand why Gaara was revived. Moreover, he used used an elderly throwaway character to do it. A character who'd been around for a portion of an arc and had already lived a long life. A new character to which the fandom had not attached to avoid killing a popular one where they had.

This is also intended to include, instances like Chouji, Neji, and Lee. All tragedies where he did an about-face and had them recover or not die at all. In both Chouji and Gaara's cases he pretty much said if X happens then they will die. It happened and Chouji didn't die and Gaara was revived by a throwaway.

Kakashi isn't confirmed dead. And Jiriaya, Shizune, and Asuma aren't part of the younger generation, which is what much of this discussion has been about. The Sound trio are all villains. He's had no trouble killing villains of any sort. We are referring to the rookies. Besides, Shizune was followed with Chouzu living for reasons I don't get.

If you want to count the Sand trio, there are 4 out of 15 rookies who should either be dead or crippled for life. And I'm excluding Sasuke, because unlike the others he didn't suffer an actual wounds from avoiding C4. If Hinata survives, that'll be the fifth time it's happened to that group of ninja's. As dh mentioned before, why should we expect anything of significance to happen to them if he's going to keep doing this?

And hey, if among the Konoha Genin, Hinata is the first to go, i'll be royally pissed. I can see at least two, and a Suna youngster, thatshould die before her. One because i hate his guts (Sasuke), and the other two because i think they don't have as much potential as her (Kiba... is worth that Naruto ever was in the loud department, and i don't see how he could evolve, aside from hitting harder and faster, and Kankuro... what exactly has he done since Naruto came back from his three years training? Oh yeah, he got beaten it two seconds, and got poisoned. At least Gaara managed to protect his entire village from the equivalent of a nuclear bomb, and Temari was at least instrumental in Naruto telling Sakura about Kyuubi.)

Watch the "Sasugay" comment its considered character bashing.

I agree only in the sense that given the events prior to this at least one member of the Rookie nine should have already died (i.e. Chouji). She shouldn't have been the first, but only because I think other characters should already be dead. When looking at the rookie nine in isolation, I can see no reason why any particular member of that group should have died before any other.

#235 Smiter

Smiter

... WHAT?

• Kage
  • 6,863 posts
  • Interests:Animanga, Art, Books, Gaming, Web Design.(Yes, I am a geek and proud of it)

Posted 02 March 2009 - 06:59 PM

QUOTE (Vld @ Mar 2 2009, 05:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
How long did he spend with Sasuke between the Academy and the betrayal? Six months, tops. And three years afterwards, he's still trying his damnedest to bring the teme back. When, if i was the one being betrayed like that, i would be trying to bury a kunai in the bastard's skull.

Actually, Naruto and Sasuke knew each other before they enrolled at the Academy. happy.gif There is also speculation that Team 7 was active for about a year, before Sasuke abandoned them. They were 12 when the manga started, and 13 when Part One ended. 15 when Part Two began, and now they're currently 16 years of age.

Anyway, those are just little details. I'm really interested in something in the manga.

Why did Kishimoto choose to place Hyuuga ANBU with Hinata and Sakura? He did it so that they would be aware of what was happening. We have already seen Hinata try to save Naruto, confessing her feelings to him in the process. Now, what about Sakura? I find it very difficult to think she would just stand by. That Hyuuga with her is almost certain to report Hinata getting stabbed and Naruto going berserk.

Is Kishimoto setting up a scene where Sakura decides to go in? Is he trying to set up an interaction between Sakura and Hinata? Sakura can't stop a six-tails Kyuubi Naruto on her own, but she can try to help Hinata if Kyuubi Naruto and Pain get far enough away. The only problem is Sakura had almost exhausted all her chakra healing people before Pain crushed Konoha.

Is it possible that, as some people have already speculated here, that Hinata might try to pass on her last words to Sakura? We know Hinata has always stalked watched Naruto, so is she aware of Naruto's affection for Sakura? I wonder if Kishimoto plans to have Hinata spark something in Sakura.

#236 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,843 posts
  • Interests:Video games (fighting), NaruSaku, Naruto, Sonic, Street Fighter, DOA, Darkstalkers, Tekken, computers, MHA

Posted 02 March 2009 - 07:36 PM

QUOTE (Smiter @ Mar 2 2009, 01:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Why did Kishimoto choose to place Hyuuga ANBU with Hinata and Sakura? He did it so that they would be aware of what was happening. We have already seen Hinata try to save Naruto, confessing her feelings to him in the process. Now, what about Sakura? I find it very difficult to think she would just stand by. That Hyuuga with her is almost certain to report Hinata getting stabbed and Naruto going berserk.

Is Kishimoto setting up a scene where Sakura decides to go in? Is he trying to set up an interaction between Sakura and Hinata? Sakura can't stop a six-tails Kyuubi Naruto on her own, but she can try to help Hinata if Kyuubi Naruto and Pain get far enough away. The only problem is Sakura had almost exhausted all her chakra healing people before Pain crushed Konoha.

Is it possible that, as some people have already speculated here, that Hinata might try to pass on her last words to Sakura? We know Hinata has always stalked watched Naruto, so is she aware of Naruto's affection for Sakura? I wonder if Kishimoto plans to have Hinata spark something in Sakura.

Why do I get this bad feeling that Sakura and Tsunade will get involved... and then Naruto in Kyuubi kills Tsunade resulting Danzou accusing him killing the Hokage and all that BS in the next chapters...

latest?cb=20140126021943

What's Happening with the Naruto series as of now!

#237 Onionhead Attacks

Onionhead Attacks

Examiner

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 945 posts

Posted 02 March 2009 - 07:54 PM

QUOTE (Derock @ Mar 2 2009, 11:36 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Why do I get this bad feeling that Sakura and Tsunade will get involved... and then Naruto in Kyuubi kills Tsunade resulting Danzou accusing him killing the Hokage and all that BS in the next chapters...

I never thought about that... but that does not sound good and I hope that doesn't happen!

ns-believe.jpg
Colored by me

#238 catsi563

catsi563

catsitastrophe

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,195 posts
  • Interests:Naruto, Sakura, NaruSaku, pizza, dragons, tigers, wolves, cats, Slaying Ebil dragon windmill thingies, the moon, the ocean.

Posted 02 March 2009 - 08:07 PM

Im going to step in on the who of the rookie 9 should have died argument a little.

There's only one member of the rookie 9 who should be guaranteed dead right now, and thats...Wait for it.

Naruto

yes Naruto should be dead. he took a Chidori to the chest a wound that should have resulted in mass collapse of his lung as well as electrocution. If you followed the fight he allo had his neck broken by a manuever that should have shattered his skull, and compression fractured his spine.

Yet miracle of miracles his tenenat regenerated wounds that should have been instantly fatal.

No other of the rookie 9 with the exception of lee has taken such serious injuries on screen.

Choji was not dead. He was dying. lets clear this up right away because Its becoming a somewhat silly argument. The red pill did not say it would KILL him outright ((like people seem to be arguing it would)) He says ""If I take It ill die.""

As in the taking of that pill will most likely be fatal. Not if i eat this ill die immediately like a suicide pill. its that the pill would do damage to his ssytem that would end up with him dying.

Choji was saved by the intervention of the medical squads who it was established that Tsunade sent after them. theyt stabilized him long enough for Tsunade to study the Nara clan manual and create the cure needed to arrest the pills affects. the rest is his own healing ability as he rests.

Neji

Neji was not dead he toow as dying and In point of fatc Neji had more capability to survive then Choji if were honest. Neji took two non fatal ((if admittedly painful)) penetration wounds. the impacts of those wounds were in relatively non vital areas that while if left untreated would almsot certianly lead to his death. but again the medical Squads ((read again plural squads as in multiple of them)) were able to find and stabilize him.

multiple gunshot wounds are painful and survivable with medical treatment. Ive even seen Impalements of people that by rights should have killed them yet they survived.

Lee was sevrerly injured yes, yet Lee had the advantage of having the most brilliant medical ninja in the history of the Shinobi world on his side. That she was able to heal his injuries was actually non consequential if were honest. What was more important was that his overcoming those injuries was a testament to his promise as a "Genius of Hard work" more then Tsunades treatment.

it was used as a story element to show how important dreams are to people how they were willing to fight for there dreams instead of giving up. in fact the moment he decieded to take the surgery Tsunade herself had a moment where she recognized Sarutobi senseis accomplishment of growing the will of fire amongst this youngfer generation. a genreration that would not give up their dreams at any cost.

Gaara. Now Gaara was most certianly dead i agree. Yet Gaaras resurection was NOT I repeat NOT about not killing the younger generation.

It was about the older generation passing on its dreams and hopes to the newer one. As well as Naruto and Sakuras power to change people for the better.

in the moment Chiyo an elder shinobi froma generation that valued strength and ruthlessness over compassion and love. A woman who would no sooner help her village then she would walk barefoot on cactus plants. makes a powerful choice.

having witnessed Sakura take a near fatal stab wound for her. haivng seen first hand the force of Narutos personality and the power of his dreams. Chiyo does something that a few chapters before this moment she would have thought absurd.

she channels all her chakra into a technique guranteed to kill her. She isnt able to do it as she lacks the chakra yet Naruto offers his own to a technique that may risk his own life as well. yet it works and Gaara is revived. Thus sealing the brotherly bond between them.

As she dies Chiyo passes her will to Sakura and Naruto

Their futures are differnet from our past

It was her wish that Naruto become a hokage liek none before and she told Skaur ahow she amdires her in a sense for psosessing a spirit unlike that of few other Kunoichi.

Gaaras death and revival had a storng symbolism behind it was not a coveneient plot to reveive a popular character as has been rehashed endlessly here.

Hinatas death too has symbolism. It did not come out of elft field as many believe. While her plot relevance had been waning sometimes a singular event can be used to drag them kicking and screaming into the spotlight again.

Her confession closes the shy wallflower chapter of her life and ends her plot relevance period. As othes have stated her confession before her death is actually a well used anime trope. other characters ((forgive me I cant recall to many examples at the moment)) have used this trope before.

Yufi and Shirley from Code Geass come to mind before there deaths both confessed to loving someone. Shirley to lelouch.

I honestly give Kishimoto props for this moment. It takes a lot fo guts to kill a character, any character honestly. especially one you KNOW will envoke an outraged fan response.

But as long as the editors dont cave in and have him pull some ressurection nojutsu BS on her becaus eof ehr popularity things will be fine.

Her sacrafice was as she stated a selfish act based on her admiration and love for him. It brings forth again KIshimotos use of themes in the manga. the ultimate sacrafice is that of your life for the one you love most.

Hinata has done so and in the fashion of one who sacrafices themselves she lifted the veil off her heart and embraced her feelings wholeheartedly. She knew she was going to die and dint care as long as it protected the one she cared for.

Its why Naruto was able to use such tremendous power without using the 9 tails in his fight agaisnt Gaara. his absolutel need to protect Sakura whom he loves.

The key to keep in mind is that every death in Naruto the story has a symbolism. from the symbolism of Haku sacraficing himself to save Zabuza whom he cared about ((thus reinforcing the lesson to Naruto))

to the sensless death of Shizune and Asuma who were murdered to show the callous nature of the Akatsuki in pursuit of their goals. Their willingness to kill without remorse to achive their ends.

Hinatas death has a great signifigance. What remains to be seen is what that signifigance is and how it will affect those who have inherited her legacy.
My dear you deserve a great wizard, but im afraid you'll have to settle for services of a second rate pick pocket - Smendrick The Last Unicorn

..(^)> PENGUIN!!!!
C(...)D
..m.m

Training with a sannin 2 1/2 years

new pair of gloves 20 ryou

the look on your best friend, and former sensei's face's when you cause a small earth quake. Princeless

Catsis Fan Fiction

#239 Jenskott

Jenskott

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,419 posts
  • Interests:Comic-books: Superman, Spider-Man, Fantastic Four, Batman, X-Men...
    Manga/anime: Ranma 1/2, Saint Seiya, Kimagure Orange Road, Fist of North Star, Touch, City Hunter, Rurouni Kenshin, Mazinger Z, Devilman, Cutey Honey, Daimos, Space Battleship Yamato, Captain Harlock, Gundam, Bubblegum Crisis, Lone wolf and Cub, Naruto...
    Cartoons: Ninja Turtles, The Transformers, Thundercats, G. I. Joe, The Real ghostbusters, He-Man, SilverHawks, Batman TAS, Avatar...
    Videogames: Super Mario Bros, The Legend of Zelda, Metroid, King of Fighters, Earthbound, Golden Sun, Castlevania, Fire Emblem, Donkey Kong Country, Kirby, Kid Icarus, Final Fantasy, Sonic, Alex Kid, Golden Axe, Phantasy Star, Shining Force, Panzer Dragoon, Street Fighter, Mega Man, Crash Bandicoot, Medievil, Dragon Quest, Secret of Mana, Terranigma...
    Movies: Riders of Lost Ark, The Dark Crystal, Labyrinth, The Ghostbusters, Highlander, Robocop, Return to Oz, Conan the Barbarian, The Goonies...
    Books: The Lord of the Rings, The Neverending Story, The Wizard of Oz, Dracula, Treasure's Island, Journey to the Center of Earth, The Black Arrow, Alice in Wonderland...

Posted 02 March 2009 - 08:30 PM

Im going to step in on the who of the rookie 9 should have died argument a little.

There's only one member of the rookie 9 who should be guaranteed dead right now, and thats...Wait for it.

Naruto

yes Naruto should be dead. he took a Chidori to the chest a wound that should have resulted in mass collapse of his lung as well as electrocution. If you followed the fight he allo had his neck broken by a manuever that should have shattered his skull, and compression fractured his spine.

Yet miracle of miracles his tenenat regenerated wounds that should have been instantly fatal.

No other of the rookie 9 with the exception of lee has taken such serious injuries on screen.

Choji was not dead. He was dying. lets clear this up right away because Its becoming a somewhat silly argument.

You're absolutely right, Cat, but a lot of people (and I'm not telling it in a derogatory way) doesn't undertand this is a comic-book, and if you kill the main characters, the history ends.

I don't understand this "oh, they got fatal wounds, they should have died" ruckus. Firstly, because several of the characters included don't make a valid point at all: we never heard Neji got fatal wounds, we simply saw him lying down before the scene changed. The writer was creating suspense: he could be dead, but he also could survive if he was treated. Lee never got life-threatening injuries, so I don't know why he's included. We never saw Sasuke hurt or dying. He almost got caught in the shockwave of an explosion, and he got away. Big deal.

Gaara or Choji, I can understand it. Chouza, too. I don't know why Kishimoto spared his life. But the other characters? Specially Lee?

Maybe I'm desentizied because I used to read mangas where the main characters got fatal wounds nearly every chapter, and I never complained about it. Inwardly I realized they'd always survive, and I didn't let that knowledge ruined my enjoyment.

Oh, and we aren't liable to see other Chiyo situation because Kishimoto doesn't like repeating himself. If he wants sparing her life, I think he's more liable to tell she was only nearly dead and then she got healed than using a Resurrection jutsu, IMO.

Edited by Jenskott, 02 March 2009 - 08:32 PM.

super-robot-wars-poster.jpg

Do you want to take over the world, huh? Well, you'll have to go through us first!

#240 Nate River

Nate River

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 5,982 posts

Posted 02 March 2009 - 09:29 PM

QUOTE (Jenskott @ Mar 2 2009, 02:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You're absolutely right, Cat, but a lot of people (and I'm not telling it in a derogatory way) doesn't undertand this is a comic-book, and if you kill the main characters, the history ends.

I don't understand this "oh, they got fatal wounds, they should have died" ruckus. Firstly, because several of the characters included don't make a valid point at all: we never heard Neji got fatal wounds, we simply saw him lying down before the scene changed. The writer was creating suspense: he could be dead, but he also could survive if he was treated. Lee never got life-threatening injuries, so I don't know why he's included. We never saw Sasuke hurt or dying. He almost got caught in the shockwave of an explosion, and he got away. Big deal.

Gaara or Choji, I can understand it. Chouza, too. I don't know why Kishimoto spared his life. But the other characters? Specially Lee?

Maybe I'm desentizied because I used to read mangas where the main characters got fatal wounds nearly every chapter, and I never complained about it. Inwardly I realized they'd always survive, and I didn't let that knowledge ruined my enjoyment.

Oh, and we aren't liable to see other Chiyo situation because Kishimoto doesn't like repeating himself. If he wants sparing her life, I think he's more liable to tell she was only nearly dead and then she got healed than using a Resurrection jutsu, IMO.

What have Neji, Chouji, and Gaara done since they recovered from their wounds? What significance has their survival had on the story? The only people that holds true for are Naruto and Sasuke.

The key to keep in mind is that every death in Naruto the story has a symbolism. from the symbolism of Haku sacraficing himself to save Zabuza whom he cared about ((thus reinforcing the lesson to Naruto))

to the sensless death of Shizune and Asuma who were murdered to show the callous nature of the Akatsuki in pursuit of their goals. Their willingness to kill without remorse to achive their ends.

Hinatas death has a great signifigance. What remains to be seen is what that signifigance is and how it will affect those who have inherited her legacy.

It's not the matter of should or should they not be dead. Miracles happen, and Tsuande is skilledl. What the issue for many of is the trend that's established by constantly saving/reviving those that were "supposed" to die. People don't think Hinata's dead. And quite of few of us, not just me, can never be sure of it because until now he hasn't been t able to kill anyone from that group. If he couldn't kill Neji, Lee, Chouji, and Gaara, why should people be expected to believe Hinata just died until someone walks up to her corpse, says she's died, and she's buried in the ground? I think there could be legitimate reasons to think she might not be dead, but this isn't it.

I though the scene with Chouji against the tree was touching, but that sacrifice is robbed of some of its significance. It's made all the worse by the fact that I can see no symbolism or point in having him live. If he played a key role or as you said, his survival made some great and significant point, but it didn't. Neither his nor Neji's survival makes any point that I can see and neither have done a thing since. Why have them live? Why have Chouzu live? Kishimoto could have proven Tsuande a miracle worker without doing that three times.

With Hinata, does her "death" have the same meaning if she lives or is it even more a contrived plot device than some already think it is? I think the worst thing Kishimoto could do at this point is try and half-way this like Chouji and Neji. By that I mean revive her and then write off to irrelevancy again. It dumbs down the significance of her sacrifice, it dumbs down the theme of Naruto feeling pain (how can Naruto understand Nagato's pain as Nagato had to watch his parents die not get hurt and live), further cements the trend of being unable to kill the Rookie Nine, and comes across as a contrived plot device designed to make Naruto go Kyuubi and nothing more.

They all didn't have die. Even letting one or two of them die would have been sufficient to convince people he had the guts to kill them. The more he does this the more he kills his own suspense the next time around and the more it feels like contrived plot device meant to prevent the death of a character he can't bear to kill for whatever reason.

As I said in the beginning, the "suspense" in Hinata's death for many has not been what occurred in the chapter, but the belief Kishi lacks the stones to actually kill her.

EDIT: I should add that when I say half-way, I also mean if he revives her he needs to do something with her. I prefer she died, but I can't see the point in this if she lives and does nothing for the rest of the manga.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users