249 replies to this topic

#221 Nostradamus

Nostradamus

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,022 posts

Posted 30 May 2015 - 01:15 AM

It just so happens to be that no matter how hated Sasuke is, he's still considered the most popular character in the series. Based solely off his looks and what his fans visualize him to be.

I visualize him dead or never created.

CZSn9hA.jpg

Which I've told you - time and time again - is dangerous! There will never be consensus, son, among those you have helped to ascend. They will all differ in their views of what it means to be free. The peace you so desperately seek does not exist.

These men are united now by a common cause. But when this battle is finished they will fall to fighting amongst themselves about how best to ensure control. In time it will lead to war. You will see.

#222 Nar123

Nar123

The Phantom

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,624 posts

Posted 30 May 2015 - 03:46 AM

1432258710432.jpg

lol.gif

tumblr_obno1yoNj11suy1fso1_540.gif

:eager:  Persona 5 hype     :eager:

#223 Pix

Pix

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,582 posts
  • Interests:Boku no Hero Academia is better than Naruto

Posted 30 May 2015 - 03:54 PM

lol.gif

Ummm....problematic cartoon is problematic.  :ermm: Unlawful deaths are not funny. 

Edited by Pix, 30 May 2015 - 03:56 PM.

Squad Roll call :

tumblr_ngv9unJacL1qhmbkio1_r1_500.png

#224 dejavu

dejavu

Special Jounin

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 843 posts

Posted 30 May 2015 - 04:14 PM

It just so happens to be that no matter how hated Sasuke is, he's still considered the most popular character in the series. Based solely off his looks and what his fans visualize him to be.

but he is so ugly now.. i mean i used to be a Sasuke fangirl been there done that but really just look at him now.... i can't really see him as hot or handsome. Its just that the story just tells you that he is and therefore you should think he is.. and its pathetic just how like everything else in this series..we are told that this and that are good people or that he and she are totally in love but we can never really see it played out properly.

its like you are not allowed to have a well functioning brain to take all this kitten

they should get rid of the side bangs we don't need more signs of his emo lifestyle. let him wear contacts if he really wants to hide that eye or gauge it out or put an eye patch but the side bangs is killing his look, and that's his only saving grace

or maybe its just me and people still see him as good looking.. after all my observational skills are not reliable as i am only a delusional ns fan

Edited by dejavu, 30 May 2015 - 04:15 PM.

#225 HalfDemonInuyasha

HalfDemonInuyasha

Mercenary

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,597 posts

Posted 30 May 2015 - 07:29 PM

but he is so ugly now.. i mean i used to be a Sasuke fangirl been there done that but really just look at him now.... i can't really see him as hot or handsome. Its just that the story just tells you that he is and therefore you should think he is.. and its pathetic just how like everything else in this series..we are told that this and that are good people or that he and she are totally in love but we can never really see it played out properly.

its like you are not allowed to have a well functioning brain to take all this kitten

they should get rid of the side bangs we don't need more signs of his emo lifestyle. let him wear contacts if he really wants to hide that eye or gauge it out or put an eye patch but the side bangs is killing his look, and that's his only saving grace

or maybe its just me and people still see him as good looking.. after all my observational skills are not reliable as i am only a delusional ns fan

Yeah, as it's been mentioned a lot, Sasuke just looks like a short-haired Madara clone now and Naruto is....just plain fugly.

They're both now physical representations of how bad and ugly things have become.

2e5.gif

#226 Nar123

Nar123

The Phantom

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,624 posts

Posted 30 May 2015 - 08:40 PM

Ummm....problematic cartoon is problematic.  :ermm: Unlawful deaths are not funny. 

Just don't take it seriously

Besides even though I don't agree with some things in the cartoon  it's pretty funny when you know what happened in Naruto  :lmao:

tumblr_obno1yoNj11suy1fso1_540.gif

:eager:  Persona 5 hype     :eager:

#227 Catra

Catra

Outlaw Gunslinging marksmen

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,112 posts
  • Interests:AU narusaku, mortal kombat, balto, lion king, rudolph,

Posted 30 May 2015 - 09:02 PM

naruto's short hair makes him look like a butthole (fitting), his cape is lame and unoriginal, his shirt look looks unimaginative and boring and for some reason itchy,

#228 Tiller

Tiller

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,041 posts

Posted 30 May 2015 - 09:28 PM

lol.gif

Pretty much the story in a heart beat. Sasuke called most of his own problems, because of his refusal to be anything but an "avenger". Yet in the end nothing happened to him, and people still make excuses for his ass. The man's a murder, former terrorist, a fascist, and attempted to take over the world. Yet nothing happened to him, and people claim his is "oppressed"..... even though he has the powers of a God.

If Sasuke looked like Quasimodo he wouldn't have a 5th of the fanbase he has now.

Uh no. In the context of the story it is basically what happened. Sasuke gets off on everything. It's exactly how the story was created. Sasuke's story should have ended with him taking his last breath after realizing Naruto had beaten him, and freed him from the hatred that destroyed his soul. Instead Sasuke's "friends" (that he tried murdering multiple times) stood up for him, so he didn't get so much as a slap on the wrist despite killing people, and trying to take over the world. Hell he got a family, even though he obviously doesn't give a kitten about them in any meaningful way. He almost killed his daughter yet people are still defending him, despite the fact that he obviously has been nothing but a terrible father to her, and even now doesn't bother to comfort her, having Naruto do it. And why not? Naruto's the one who took care of his "wife" for him for years well he did what he wanted. Why change the formula now? In the end Kishimoto will try to make it look like Sasuke is the victim here.... and some people will eat that kitten up because he is "hot".

#229 sushi.

sushi.

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,071 posts

Posted 30 May 2015 - 09:41 PM

^I don't think that was the point. You can analyze something without making a joke out of it. Maybe some took this as trivializing the police brutality issue or something.

I didn't even get it. Is Sasuke supposed to be the black or white teen? The comic was so messy it's hard to make a stance on it. -_-

Edited by sushi., 30 May 2015 - 09:42 PM.

ナルサク

#230 TheFirstEvil100

TheFirstEvil100

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,495 posts
  • Interests:Reading and watching Naruto, play on my PS3 playing on my Pokemon games mainly Pokemon X right now I also like watching good Horror films.

Posted 30 May 2015 - 09:53 PM

But it's not just the ships that would change. Nothing and no one was given mercy at the end. The damage is already written, but a complete IT is the only thing that could revert back everything back to normal. Even if I was a NH fan I'd say NS is worth it if everything else is good.

Well Sushi it can be done if only done right I mean for one Kishi will have to come out and say he is a sexist he kittened up as he had a low view on woman and that he also has no backbone either, there is more, but if he says all of this and then does make it all IT then that would be at least half better but he needs to admit he kittened up big time.

#231 Ryriena

Ryriena

Texas born and Raised

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 665 posts
  • Interests:Anime/Manga, history, unexplained mysteries, linguistics, geology, astrology, astro physics, chemistry, astronomy, sport cars, and racing cars, monster trucks, quantum mechanics and particle physics

Anime/Manga - Gaming

NaruSaku, Ash x Misty, (Pokyshiping) Ichigo x Rukia, Kiba/Hinata, Ichigo x Orihime, Uryū x Orihime, Cullen x Amell, Alastair x Warden, Cullen x Female Inqustior Ed x Winnry, Spike x May Valatine, Kaiden Alekno x Female Shepard, Garus x Female Shepard, Joker x Female Shepard, Angg x Katara, Zuko x Katara, Mako x Kora ( Avatar the last air bender - Legend of Kora) I don't see the ending of Kora as canon since its more of a fan service ending, since the canon pairing is not a properly developed paring.

VLD pairing: Plance, Shiro x Adam, Hunk x Shay, Kallura
    anti Allurance

The Dragon Prince: Cullum x Rayla

TV pairings
    Casket(Castle)
    Angel x Buffy, Buffy x Spike, Angel x Cordila Chase (Buffy the Vampire Slayer), Booth x Bones (bones)
    Tony x Ziva David, Abby x Timothy McGee, Timothy x Delia (NCIS)
    Dean x Castiel, Sam x Gabriel, Sam x Elaine, Dean x Jo (Supernatural)

Comics parings: Supes x Lois Lang, Peter Parker x Mary Jay Waston, Captian x Black Widow, Hawke Eye x Black Widow, Jean Grey x Cyclops, Jean x Wolverine, Rouge x Gambit, Batman x Slilena Kyle, Bruce x Black Widow

Movies pairings: Jurassic Park series (Owen x Claire, Malcome x Sarah) Han x Leia, Luke x Maria Jade, Finn x Rey, FinnPoe (Star Wars)

Dislikes Supes x Wonder Woman, as it's basically turns a feminist icon in to a baby maker, NaruHinata, Sasuke x Sakura abusive relationship ahoy.

Posted 30 May 2015 - 10:04 PM

Well, I do agree that the police brutality argument is not necessarily a laughing matter but I do agree with the premis of the aruugment for Sasuke redemption plotline that is basically sums up what happened in the story.
Them Duke boys never meant no harm.--------> my childhood.
Freedom of speech is no laughing matter, since it does take one person to stand up for the right too speak out.
firma__op__luffyxnami_nu__out__by_pjxd23

#232 Tiller

Tiller

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,041 posts

Posted 30 May 2015 - 10:14 PM

^I don't think that was the point. You can analyze something without making a joke out of it. Maybe some took this as trivializing the police brutality issue or something.

I didn't even get it. Is Sasuke supposed to be the black or white teen? The comic was so messy it's hard to make a stance on it. -_-

I don't care about the original real world carton that was altered. The point with regards to the Naruto story remains the same.

Sasuke tried to destroy himself, and  the world around him because of what happened to his family. He attempted to murder his brother, and then attempted to destroy every ninja alive because he began to idolize his brother. He then constantly continued killing people, and making mistakes. Yet everyone in that world kept making excuses for me. Hell Naruto took a beating from Karui simply because he didn't want to accept what she was telling him was true. Sasuke continued to do evil, for his own desire, and his "friends" kept making excuses for him well the body count continued to climb, he joined a terrorist organization, and even after he finally did "come back" to team 7, he then mentally tortured his future wife, and attempted to murder the only other true friend he ever had just so he could obtain power. The only thing that stopped Sasuke was that Naruto punched him really hard.... had he not he would have killed Naruto and enslaved humanity. Yet even after THAT Naruto continued to make excuses for him, refused to allow Sasuke to be punished for his crimes, and then Sasuke ended up doing exactly what he wanted without being punished. Which included abandoning his "family" the thing he supposedly went on his vendetta for in the first place.

I don't give a damn what the original cartoon is about, it works for this story. That is exactly what happened. Sasuke selfishly did what he wanted, and people continue to make excuses for him, and in the end it cost him nothing, and even today he is doing what he wants. It's just to bad some jackass didn't kill him, but I'm sure if someone did Naruto and Sakura would go to war against the group that killed him. Even taking into consideration how much Naruto argues for "peace" now, because precious Sasuke must always be protected in this story.

The way the plot and characters bend over in order to make Sasuke look "good" no matter what he does is one of the huge problems with this story. Hell the themes of the story had to be altered just so Sasuke could "come back to Team 7".... even if he only stayed with them for a few months before running off again for a decade.

Edited by Tiller, 30 May 2015 - 10:15 PM.

#233 sushi.

sushi.

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,071 posts

Posted 30 May 2015 - 10:32 PM

^I don't get why you're trying to argue with me, when I don't necessarily disagree with you. At least not about that, mostly.

It's like you didn't even read my post. I don't need a mini-essay on Sasuke. I just said that you can get your point through, like you did just now, without making a comic like that.

ナルサク

#234 Narufan85

Narufan85

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,412 posts

Posted 31 May 2015 - 01:30 AM

Yeah, kinda in poor taste. 

#235 James S Cassidy

James S Cassidy

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,831 posts

Posted 31 May 2015 - 02:03 AM

Ever get the sensation that this story is so messed up that every chapter is changing the story by either a little or a lot just to asspull.

My gofundme
https://www.gofundme...c-designer-fund

Δικός σου για να κρατάτε
Σ'αγαπώ

#236 Nostradamus

Nostradamus

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,022 posts

Posted 31 May 2015 - 02:16 AM

Ever get the sensation that this story is so messed up that every chapter is changing the story by either a little or a lot just to asspull.

Yep. When you look at them sometimes it's like one chapter is a brand new story. The next one a new one and so forth.

Who cares what was said in one chapter because the next one it doesn't matter anymore.

Edited by Nostradamus, 31 May 2015 - 02:25 AM.

CZSn9hA.jpg

Which I've told you - time and time again - is dangerous! There will never be consensus, son, among those you have helped to ascend. They will all differ in their views of what it means to be free. The peace you so desperately seek does not exist.

These men are united now by a common cause. But when this battle is finished they will fall to fighting amongst themselves about how best to ensure control. In time it will lead to war. You will see.

#237 TheFirstEvil100

TheFirstEvil100

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,495 posts
  • Interests:Reading and watching Naruto, play on my PS3 playing on my Pokemon games mainly Pokemon X right now I also like watching good Horror films.

Posted 31 May 2015 - 10:23 PM

^I don't get why you're trying to argue with me, when I don't necessarily disagree with you. At least not about that, mostly.

It's like you didn't even read my post. I don't need a mini-essay on Sasuke. I just said that you can get your point through, like you did just now, without making a comic like that.

well to me both Hinata and Sasuke kittened up this story so much now.

#238 Pix

Pix

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,582 posts

Posted 31 May 2015 - 11:14 PM

Just don't take it seriously

Besides even though I don't agree with some things in the cartoon  it's pretty funny when you know what happened in Naruto  :lmao:

Hmmm nah that's never funny. Like ever. Same thing with with rape jokes, child molestation jokes, etc. :sick:  Sorry it's a no go for me....not to sound pushy or anything.

Squad Roll call :

#239 Pix

Pix

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,582 posts

Posted 31 May 2015 - 11:22 PM

Pretty much the story in a heart beat. Sasuke called most of his own problems, because of his refusal to be anything but an "avenger". Yet in the end nothing happened to him, and people still make excuses for his ass. The man's a murder, former terrorist, a fascist, and attempted to take over the world. Yet nothing happened to him, and people claim his is "oppressed"..... even though he has the powers of a God.

If Sasuke looked like Quasimodo he wouldn't have a 5th of the fanbase he has now.

Uh no. In the context of the story it is basically what happened. Sasuke gets off on everything. It's exactly how the story was created. Sasuke's story should have ended with him taking his last breath after realizing Naruto had beaten him, and freed him from the hatred that destroyed his soul. Instead Sasuke's "friends" (that he tried murdering multiple times) stood up for him, so he didn't get so much as a slap on the wrist despite killing people, and trying to take over the world. Hell he got a family, even though he obviously doesn't give a kitten about them in any meaningful way. He almost killed his daughter yet people are still defending him, despite the fact that he obviously has been nothing but a terrible father to her, and even now doesn't bother to comfort her, having Naruto do it. And why not? Naruto's the one who took care of his "wife" for him for years well he did what he wanted. Why change the formula now? In the end Kishimoto will try to make it look like Sasuke is the victim here.... and some people will eat that kitten up because he is "hot".

Yeah no you didn't get the point at all. 

Police brutality should never be a joke. Ever. Especially when you have senseless killings happening almost everyday. Sasuke was responsible for the actions he committed. People in America are getting killed for nothing and people are making excuses to get away with it. Sasuke is fiction. This is not. There's no need to make that idiotic comparison anyway. 

Like literally don't make jokes about it. If rape jokes make people uncomfortable then this should too. 

Edited by Pix, 31 May 2015 - 11:24 PM.

Squad Roll call :

#240 rocci

rocci

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,708 posts

Posted 01 June 2015 - 12:14 AM

We should use pg 13 joke.

1 user(s) are reading this topic