• This topic is locked This topic is locked
232 replies to this topic

#221 narulsaku

narulsaku

FALLEN ANGEL

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,383 posts
  • Interests:playing vedio games , readin' mangas , books ,singing , drawing , and also listing music , hang arround with friends , cricket, football, and also table tennise,eating
    I love multipllayer games like dog fight , tanki online.
    ect....

Posted 16 February 2013 - 09:01 AM

QUOTE (Tsubaki @ Feb 16 2013, 03:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I don't even know why this shipwar becoming so big because as you said Kataang was obvious from the start and and even nowadays I see posts of people trying to diminish kaatang.. It's just facepalm.png

oh and just for you know... I'm a Zutara shipper.

same goes to HP and Twilight, the ending pairings are obvious.

its kinda who know what others think!

god is sweet.......
courage,,,,,,,,,,,
doesn't always roar.............
sometimescourage is quite voice at the
end of the day saying,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
'll try again tomorrow"

#222 xxRomanceGirlxx

xxRomanceGirlxx

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,815 posts
  • Interests:Reading, Writing, Debating, Anime/Manga (Naruto, Inuyasha, DBZ, Hetalia etc.), TV shows, Shipping
    Dislikes: Bashing, Double standards, Hypocrisy, NaruHina, SasuSaku, SasuKarin
    OTPs: NaruSaku (Naruto), Bangel (BtVS), InuKag (Inuyasha), LeafpoolxCrowfeather (Warriors), Percabeth (PJS), Kataang (AtLA)

Posted 16 February 2013 - 09:53 AM

QUOTE (Tsubaki @ Feb 16 2013, 04:40 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I don't even know why this shipwar becoming so big because as you said Kataang was obvious from the start and and even nowadays I see posts of people trying to diminish kaatang.. It's just facepalm.png

oh and just for you know... I'm a Zutara shipper.

same goes to HP and Twilight, the ending pairings are obvious.

Like I said, what happened in the Avatar fandom is exactly what's happening right now in the Naruto fandom. The popularity of a certain character spun out of control, in this case Hinata, and caused people to support them, not the main character. While that's not exactly a bad thing, it is when you deny or downgrade what's right in front of you. Zutara fans (not all but many) brushed it off or insulted Kataang to no end. It's just. facepalm.png It's strikingly similiar to the NaruHina vs. NaruSaku pairing wars and just as intense too!

From my perspective, NaruSaku is the obvious canon pairing that people deny because of their favoritism towards Hinata. Funnily enough, a lot of NaruHina fans shipped Zutara and hated Kataang. And their reason mirrors the hate for NS. They liked to believe that the Naruto/Sakura and Aang/Katara relationships was of familial nature, platonic love. At least on the girl's side. Apparently, they said Katara acted too much like Aang's mother or older sister than a romantic interest while Sakura treats Naruto like a brother way more than a lover. facepalm.png Those are the common excuses I see from them.

I'm Kataang all the way, their relationship reminds me of NaruSaku. happy.gif And I remember how sad I was when I realized so many people shipped against the main character's wishes or ignored them ... it reminds me too much of how NH fans ignore Naruto's love for Sakura. sleep.gif

"I absolutely can't let you die! I can't! I won't let you die ... your stupid dream ... now it's ... it's right in front of us!!"                                                                             ----Sakura Haruno                                                                              

#223 piinkfairymagic

piinkfairymagic

Academy Student

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 23 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 11:43 PM

QUOTE (xxRomanceGirlxx @ Feb 16 2013, 04:53 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Like I said, what happened in the Avatar fandom is exactly what's happening right now in the Naruto fandom. The popularity of a certain character spun out of control, in this case Hinata, and caused people to support them, not the main character. While that's not exactly a bad thing, it is when you deny or downgrade what's right in front of you. Zutara fans (not all but many) brushed it off or insulted Kataang to no end. It's just. facepalm.png It's strikingly similiar to the NaruHina vs. NaruSaku pairing wars and just as intense too!

From my perspective, NaruSaku is the obvious canon pairing that people deny because of their favoritism towards Hinata. Funnily enough, a lot of NaruHina fans shipped Zutara and hated Kataang. And their reason mirrors the hate for NS. They liked to believe that the Naruto/Sakura and Aang/Katara relationships was of familial nature, platonic love. At least on the girl's side. Apparently, they said Katara acted too much like Aang's mother or older sister than a romantic interest while Sakura treats Naruto like a brother way more than a lover. facepalm.png Those are the common excuses I see from them.

I'm Kataang all the way, their relationship reminds me of NaruSaku. happy.gif And I remember how sad I was when I realized so many people shipped against the main character's wishes or ignored them ... it reminds me too much of how NH fans ignore Naruto's love for Sakura. sleep.gif

I agree with you a 100% Kataang is the same as narusaku which is why I'm not so worried.

Look at chibi sakura isn't she just plain awesome

#224 sushi.

sushi.

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,071 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 12:05 AM

QUOTE (xxRomanceGirlxx @ Feb 16 2013, 10:53 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Katara was a mother to everyone, she took care of everyone. She had a motherly nature, not a motherly relationship with Aang. I see the argument here, but it's empty and not hard to counter it. This isn't the case for NS. I see zero reason for thinking Naruto and Sakura are like family(unless you mean husband and wife pictureem0.gif). People say it's because she thought he was annoying, but didn't everyone? laugh.gif

I can see why someone would like Zutara, it's all about taste. They had potential too, but it was always obvious what pairing Bryke decided to go for. Therefore, thinking Zutara would be canon will always be delusional. SS/NH however..Zutara beats them everyday! XD

I didn't ship anything in A:TLA, but I did support KatAang. I always knew they would be canon in the end, and was more than OK with it.

Edited by sushi., 17 February 2013 - 12:06 AM.

ナルサク

#225 jworks

jworks

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 403 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 05:23 AM

QUOTE (piinkfairymagic @ Feb 16 2013, 04:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I agree with you a 100% Kataang is the same as narusaku which is why I'm not so worried.

Although the thing about this to consider is that The Last Airbender was written by American's and Naruto By Japanese and it is safe to say that the two cultures have different views on love and tendencies with romance in fiction. Enough to maybe make a Kataang/NaruSaku relationship less appealing to the Japanese.

I do agree with you though. I'm just playing devil's advocate I guess ninja.gif

#226 tonga1

tonga1

Chuunin

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 544 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 07:24 AM

zutara is the clearest example of a random couple even the avatar authors laughed how some fans make pairing out of the blue. rolleyes.gif
at least naruto pairing have some logic, "one-side love" xD

imo avatar in terms of romance is much better than naruto

#227 xxRomanceGirlxx

xxRomanceGirlxx

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,815 posts
  • Interests:Reading, Writing, Debating, Anime/Manga (Naruto, Inuyasha, DBZ, Hetalia etc.), TV shows, Shipping
    Dislikes: Bashing, Double standards, Hypocrisy, NaruHina, SasuSaku, SasuKarin
    OTPs: NaruSaku (Naruto), Bangel (BtVS), InuKag (Inuyasha), LeafpoolxCrowfeather (Warriors), Percabeth (PJS), Kataang (AtLA)

Posted 17 February 2013 - 07:34 AM

QUOTE (tonga1 @ Feb 17 2013, 04:24 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
zutara is the clearest example of a random couple even the avatar authors laughed how some fans make pairing out of the blue. rolleyes.gif
at least naruto pairing have some logic, "one-side love" xD

imo avatar in terms of romance is much better than naruto

Well ... there's SasuSaku. Who can beat that terrible couple? tongue.gif

"I absolutely can't let you die! I can't! I won't let you die ... your stupid dream ... now it's ... it's right in front of us!!"                                                                             ----Sakura Haruno                                                                              

#228 Musicmanoful

Musicmanoful

Rookie

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 55 posts
  • Interests:Supporting the best pairing in Naruto

Posted 17 February 2013 - 05:55 PM

QUOTE (xxRomanceGirlxx @ Feb 17 2013, 01:34 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well ... there's SasuSaku. Who can beat that terrible couple? tongue.gif

laugh.gif True!!
NaruSaku

#229 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 06:02 PM

I don't even know how shipping war in Avatar even happened. I remember I saw the preview to the finale at comic-con and my god, the creators were doing what Kishi is doing now: share fanservices for other pairings without really going for them. If you guys don't know what I'm talking, search on YouTube. One Zuuko and Katara interaction, SCREAM!

Edited by NaruSaku4Life3g, 17 February 2013 - 06:02 PM.

#230 Inferno180

Inferno180

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,480 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 03:54 AM

Its as I said, people ignore the story structure and just pick a pairing because "It fits well with them".

In avatar the whole Zuko and Katara thing was planned at first, the creators toyed with this but it would not work to them and they left Zuko with Mai. But hey with Aang and Katara we got the legend of korra now with Tenzin didn't we?

Plus I'm pretty sure the whole Mako and Korra thing is for the Zuko Katara fans.

Anyways, its not like the relationships just happen, they build. I find the Naruto Sakura story being one of the longest and reasonable to bring. Sakura hated Naruto and disliked everything about him. As the series went on, at this point she most likely considers him to be one of her most important friends alongside Ino. This could change into something more.

One thing I should add for anyone saying Sakura will never love Naruto this late in the series: nothing saying she can't eventually switch now does it? I mean nothing said Orochimaru couldn't just retreive his arms and the souls of the hokages and revive them now did it? Nothing said he could not have Nagato conveniently revive everyone in the village he just killed. These 2 revival events are just too convenient so why is it too hard to imagine Sakura never returning Naruto's feelings? There is proper reason for her to change, past interaction and her unknown future. I mean if all the characters are changing at this point, I'm pretty sure Sakura will too. Part of character development is changing the character's inintal outlook and mental thought, not keep it the same, static attributes are not development, I'm pretty sure Kishi would not keep Sakura in love with Sasuke at this point, Sakura can change, she has potential and there is background reasoning for it. Nothing for Naruto to just suddenly flip to Hinata even.

When people insult my OTP

Insulting a man’s ship, be worse than insulting his mother.

#231 rocci

rocci

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,708 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 11:23 AM

QUOTE (Inferno180 @ Feb 18 2013, 10:54 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Its as I said, people ignore the story structure and just pick a pairing because "It fits well with them".

In avatar the whole Zuko and Katara thing was planned at first, the creators toyed with this but it would not work to them and they left Zuko with Mai. But hey with Aang and Katara we got the legend of korra now with Tenzin didn't we?

Plus I'm pretty sure the whole Mako and Korra thing is for the Zuko Katara fans.

Anyways, its not like the relationships just happen, they build. I find the Naruto Sakura story being one of the longest and reasonable to bring. Sakura hated Naruto and disliked everything about him. As the series went on, at this point she most likely considers him to be one of her most important friends alongside Ino. This could change into something more.

One thing I should add for anyone saying Sakura will never love Naruto this late in the series: nothing saying she can't eventually switch now does it? I mean nothing said Orochimaru couldn't just retreive his arms and the souls of the hokages and revive them now did it? Nothing said he could not have Nagato conveniently revive everyone in the village he just killed. These 2 revival events are just too convenient so why is it too hard to imagine Sakura never returning Naruto's feelings? There is proper reason for her to change, past interaction and her unknown future. I mean if all the characters are changing at this point, I'm pretty sure Sakura will too. Part of character development is changing the character's inintal outlook and mental thought, not keep it the same, static attributes are not development, I'm pretty sure Kishi would not keep Sakura in love with Sasuke at this point, Sakura can change, she has potential and there is background reasoning for it. Nothing for Naruto to just suddenly flip to Hinata even.

what do you think about mito? who do you think she will resemble? coz i belive chp 621 or more will contain that character.
and if it parallel one of the girl. will it help the pairing?

#232 Sakamaki Izayoi

Sakamaki Izayoi

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,679 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 12:11 PM

QUOTE (rocci @ Feb 18 2013, 08:23 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
what do you think about mito? who do you think she will resemble? coz i belive chp 621 or more will contain that character.
and if it parallel one of the girl. will it help the pairing?

I dont think he's going to portrain her character for some reason the only possibility is her being like Sakura, because she should be a strong woman to be his wife, endure an arranged marriage and seal kyuubi inside herself.
For me she is an fully developed character much like what Sakura will be.

Enduring that arranged marriage has the same effect when Sakura decided to give up on Sasuke despite loving him and going to confess to Naruto.
That was one of the parallel of Mito and Hashirama, Sakura would not love Naruto right away but would fall in love with him while she was dating him, mirroring Mito who loved Hashirama on the marriage i think.

Edited by Dαrkrєrsŧ, 18 February 2013 - 12:28 PM.

SK-303_image007.jpg

#233 Midoriko

Midoriko

Rookie

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 95 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 02:26 PM

QUOTE (xxRomanceGirlxx @ Feb 16 2013, 04:53 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I agree with this particularly the bold.
It's NaruSaku from the beginning; we just have to see it through as the whole story progresses.

On a side note : This chapter definitely got me excited cool.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users