31591 replies to this topic

#22201 Nostradamus

Nostradamus

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,022 posts

Posted 16 April 2016 - 06:11 PM

Can someone post that panel where Naruto smacks his son? I just want that small panel.
And if possible a picture showing Karin, Sakura and Potato salad.

Edited by Nostradamus, 16 April 2016 - 06:39 PM.

CZSn9hA.jpg

Which I've told you - time and time again - is dangerous! There will never be consensus, son, among those you have helped to ascend. They will all differ in their views of what it means to be free. The peace you so desperately seek does not exist.

These men are united now by a common cause. But when this battle is finished they will fall to fighting amongst themselves about how best to ensure control. In time it will lead to war. You will see.

#22202 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 16 April 2016 - 06:52 PM

The sasuke and itachi novels were not part of the original... 5 or 6 hiden novels so they are announcing these books because they probably already shipped the others.

They only doing the first 3 of novels. No words on the rest.

#22203 Skarrow

Skarrow

Rookie

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 78 posts

Posted 17 April 2016 - 09:13 AM

http://www.animenews...d-manga/.101057

Viz is licensing Sasuke`s and Itatchi`s novels

What happened to the rest of novels series?

But who cares. TG!

Why was Naruto even the main protagonist?  Should have been Sasuke from the get go

I like Sasuke, but anyone with two eyes and basic reading comprehension would wonder why Sasuke (and Itachi) get all the love and backstory vs the protagonist himself, Naruto. Especially when Kishi himself already abandoned Sasuke's story for good. Abandoned said character story line after spending years on it. We could have at least gotten a single manga panel that talked about its resolution so we could finally shelve it away...

And I shouldn't have been surprised. All this retcon/bait-and-switch stuff has been happening for years now.

They only doing the first 3 of novels. No words on the rest.

That would be Kakashi, Shikamaru and Sakura's Hiden novels, right?

Edited by Skarrow, 17 April 2016 - 09:17 AM.

#22204 Konoha'sCrimsonFox

Konoha'sCrimsonFox

Solo Leveler

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,079 posts
  • Interests:Anime, manga, manhwa, manhua, video games, novels, web novels, 3D comics, drones and RC driving. Writing web novels.

Posted 17 April 2016 - 09:34 AM

I don't know. I heard it's not much when it comes to series not LN original. I don't know if Viz is skipping the other Hiden stories since there was news about them.

I have to question anyone that has been following the LN sales since last April (2015). Did any of the Uchiha LN had first week sold out or pre sale (reservations) sold out?

200w.gif?cid=6c09b952upk4zqyleuyocv60f0z

"My name is Sung Ji-woo. Some called me the Assassin of Death. A Necromancer Deity... My journey has been nothing but walking over a mountain of corpses. My legion of the dead reigns supreme. None shall block my way or... face the wrath of my blades!" --Solo Leveling.

#22205 Nostradamus

Nostradamus

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,022 posts

Posted 18 April 2016 - 03:48 PM

So I just had a small conversation with my niece about Naruto. Now she doesn't know much about Naruto because she watched the anime a bit but didn't like the character so she didn't continue. And I just told her how it ended, and her face was truly priceless. The entire time she was confused and had this "WTF?" look.
You could see on her face that she thought I was making fun of her.
I told her about how Naruto gives up, and how he ended up with some he never loved, and how it goes against everything, how he treats his son (I even showed her that panel, that's why I wanted it), how nothing makes any sense, etc. I liked because she actually said "who the hell is that?" when referring to Hinata.

In the end she finally realized that I'm not bs-ing her and said that "This isn't Naruto. This product belongs to someone else. And it's a pity what happened to it because someone wanted more money."

Edited by Nostradamus, 18 April 2016 - 03:51 PM.

CZSn9hA.jpg

Which I've told you - time and time again - is dangerous! There will never be consensus, son, among those you have helped to ascend. They will all differ in their views of what it means to be free. The peace you so desperately seek does not exist.

These men are united now by a common cause. But when this battle is finished they will fall to fighting amongst themselves about how best to ensure control. In time it will lead to war. You will see.

#22206 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,561 posts

Posted 18 April 2016 - 06:22 PM

Any person who has watch/read even a bit Naruto and did not immediately think "Hinata deserves everything" knows this ending is bad and was clearly a cop out cash grab. Even nH and SS know it deep down. They just don't want to admit it. They way they try to deny it is say that kishi is a troll. Kubo of Bleach is known for trolling his fans. So when ever something weird happened in Naruto people would say that kishi was trolling his fans, because they assumed he was doing the same thing Kubo was doing. This claim increased more frequently the further along the manga went especially after hinata and sakura confession. The reason they say he is a troll is because they want to believe. That kishi was setting up NS for 15 years just to drop it by the end so he can laugh at the fools who bought it. Then he subtly was setting up nH and that the fans who supported nH "got in on the joke" and learn what Naruto was really about. Then after having this big laugh he would get serious and give his "true" fans the story the deserved with bolt.

That is what they desperately wanted to believe. The problem is that reality does not match up with their fantasy. They picked and choose what kishi has said in his interview ignoring the fact that he can't stay consistent in his answers. They think he was trolling SS in the gaiden despite the fact it was obvious that he was tearing it apart because he hates the pairing. (why would he hate one of his two beloved pairing he was setting up for years?) The believe that kishi had major involvement in the last despite that fact that he only did the character designs and his only request was that Naruto remain the main character in the movie. He clearly want bolts to happen and is secretly the one working on it, despite the fact that he keeps say he is done with Naruto and is just handing it off to those clowns. And so on.

And the reason they want to believe that kishi was this troll the spent 15 year preparing a joke instead of actually writing the end pairing romance is the same reason they now keep shouting that we should shut up and respect kishi's authorial intent. They don't want to admit that it is obvious that nH only happen because of executive/editorial mandate, and was completely against what kishi want for his story he spent 15 years working on. Because that  would mean one they got a hollow victory with the ending, and two that they were wrong for years about the end paring. And in their minds (the same one who need a safe space on college campuses) they can never be wrong.

#22207 db84x

db84x

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 274 posts

Posted 20 April 2016 - 07:24 PM

Guys I think all of us already realize that it was SNS which developed by Kishi, some of NH and SS unsatified with treatment but later we realize it useless debate about manga which aimed kid and preteen.

#22208 Gaara's hair

Gaara's hair

Pizza Man!!!

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,785 posts
  • Interests:Guilty Gear, Basketball, Futbol, and writing.

Posted 20 April 2016 - 08:14 PM

It's like a repeat up in here. Echo, echo, echo...

#22209 Namikaze Clan

Namikaze Clan

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,684 posts

Posted 20 April 2016 - 09:20 PM

Yeah talking about the same thing for a year and a half gets kind of dull after a while.  Say what you want about the Boruto manga and whatever else comes after, but it will at least give us something new to talk about and bring back some life to this website

#22210 LuckyChi7

LuckyChi7

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,422 posts
  • Interests:Writing

CloTi (Cloud x Tifa)

HarLie (Haru x Elie)

NaLu (Natsu x Lucy)

Shicca (Shiki x Rebecca)

JioRub (Jio x Ruby)

TouKen (Ken Kaneki x Touka Kirishima)

LuNa (Luffy x Nami)

IzuOcha (Deku x Ochako)

Kirisuna (Kirito x Asuna)

Kataang (Aang x Katara)

EreHisu (Eren x Historia)

Astelle (Asta x Noelle)

NaruSaku (Naruto x Sakura)

Posted 21 April 2016 - 02:05 AM

So this is something Ria and I were talking about the other day and we all know The Naruto Series is no longer the series we all thought it was, but we were both like which character is still likeable and didn't get screwed over in the end that includes The Last + Gaiden + Boruto...  The only character that we still love from Naruto despite everything that happened is.....: 

tumblr_inline_mt23dtqVGy1qz4rgp.jpg

KURAMA!!!!!   

Oaky not make it so dramatic, but out of all the "bonds" and relationships Naruto has had throughout the series even post ending, The stuff regarding Kurama are things I actually do really love when i think back on the series.  I mean when it comes to the SO6P powerup Naruto I can do without, but fights aside this is the one that sticks out to me as like a legit build up, and it wasn't all in your face like with oh yeah I'm gonna bring Sasuke back no matter what.. The only thing I will give my complaints to when it came to the Naruto and Kurama bond is that it kinda felt last minute when it came to Kurama's change of heart even though you could argue the foreshadow was there since the Confining the Jinchuriki arc so yeah... idk that's what Ria and I thought off when it came to this topic.. 

Can you guys think of any characters that didn't get screwed over by the ending? 

4e26f1bc8d604925166ad9bb2f431f5cc8eb6385

THAT'S WHAT HEROES DO, THEY SAVE PEOPLE!!

#22211 db84x

db84x

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 274 posts

Posted 21 April 2016 - 03:30 PM

244658-37345-might-guy.jpg

Its Mighty Guy

#22212 Konoha'sCrimsonFox

Konoha'sCrimsonFox

Solo Leveler

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,079 posts
  • Interests:Anime, manga, manhwa, manhua, video games, novels, web novels, 3D comics, drones and RC driving. Writing web novels.

Posted 21 April 2016 - 06:38 PM

Its amazing we have been doing it for nearly 2 years.

"My name is Sung Ji-woo. Some called me the Assassin of Death. A Necromancer Deity... My journey has been nothing but walking over a mountain of corpses. My legion of the dead reigns supreme. None shall block my way or... face the wrath of my blades!" --Solo Leveling.

#22213 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,985 posts

Posted 21 April 2016 - 10:53 PM

Ugh, I saw the stupid post-"The Last" novels at Chapters-Indigo today. I was about to burst into tears and rip those abominations to shreds :twitch: BUT then I'd have to pay for them and there is nothing I want LESS. it was Kakashi, Shikamaru and I forgot the last one

Edited by Phantom_999, 01 May 2016 - 10:32 PM.

3fbe3276d61acb2079b56cd2212a341c14963200

#22214 db84x

db84x

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 274 posts

Posted 30 April 2016 - 03:30 PM

Its amazing we have been doing it for nearly 2 years.

People need hobby anyway

#22215 Konoha'sCrimsonFox

Konoha'sCrimsonFox

Solo Leveler

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,079 posts

Posted 30 April 2016 - 06:15 PM

People need hobby anyway

I'm sure you found yours here quite well.

#22216 elishalicious

elishalicious

Academy Student

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 01 May 2016 - 05:16 AM

I'm sure you found yours here quite well.

The shade is strong with this one.

15zqerk.gif

#22217 Skarrow

Skarrow

Rookie

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 78 posts

Posted 01 May 2016 - 11:18 PM

People who didn't get screwed over by the Naruto ending?

Are we talking about living or dead characters?

#22218 AHK

AHK

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,464 posts
  • Interests:One Piece, Tokyo Ghoul, The Breaker, Fairy Tail, BnHA, Twin Star Exorcists, Shokugeki no Soma, Owari no Seraph, BnHA, Akatsuki no Yona, Noragami, Magi, Akame Ga Kill, Attack on Titan, HotD, SAO, HxH, Ao no Exorcist, NnT

LuNa, Touken, EragonxArya, MiriShep, NS, SoumaxErina, IzuOcha, RokuBeni, NaLu, ShioonxJinnie, YuxShinoa, HakYona, SaberxShirou, Yatori, MK, EreMika

Posted 06 May 2016 - 12:14 AM

So I was on tumblr earlier, and managed to see a gifset about the new opening. Funnily enough, Sakura calls out Naruto's name and then obliterates something that looks exactly like Hinata XD

http://narulis.tumbl...to-dont-give-up

I hate Naruto, but that was kinda funny

EXL5X4B.png

"I am the One-Eyed King."

#22219 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 06 May 2016 - 01:00 AM

I should have mention that in my review. Yeah, that was funny.

#22220 Catra

Catra

Outlaw Gunslinging marksmen

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,112 posts
  • Interests:AU narusaku, mortal kombat, balto, lion king, rudolph,

Posted 09 May 2016 - 03:19 AM

i remember when I found the similarities between the first four hokage's and the presidents of the US fascinating.

however

George while a complicated man, the only similarities he and hashirama share are of course being the first leaders. hashirama's beliefs (Buddhism?), his motives (kill anyone who dare harm his village even if its his family), his characteristics and even down to his skin color, are radically different. makes me wonder; what if a native american became America's first president?

a lot of peope pin Tob's with Nixon, even lyndon b johnson due to racism

some compared hiruzen to FDR due to his long term, but i don't think he ended something as a great depression. He did let orochimaru of go. but i don't blame him, i blame kishimoto for bad writing and bringing him back

and of course minato = JFK, age and time he ran.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: naruto, wtf, discuss

5 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 5 guests, 0 anonymous users