776 replies to this topic

#201 sushi.

sushi.

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,071 posts

Posted 04 August 2016 - 10:57 PM

believe you missed the intention with that last comment. They weren't saying not to vote, they were saying that you shouldn't put all your faith in politicians. They make a lot of promises, and in the end the majority of those come back empty.

You know no better than I do what they meant. But, I believe you misunderstood my comment. I never thought they wouldn't vote, I said your choice will affect your life at least a little bit, even if you don't have faith in them. Besides, you don't need to vote for just a person, I think you can choose a party too? Congress is the biggest power in the states and they have rejected Obama's bills for 8 years, so if they change I too will be hopeful.

However, They did say 'only you can help you', if they only meant to say don't be obsessed with politicians those are poor words of choice. I'll rephrase my original point; Yes it is correct you must make something of yourself, but some statesmen will make the climb harder. College is nice, but it doesn't help much if school politics are disfunctional.

I understand empty promises and I am familiar with that myself, but that is another discussion. If someone promises me 100 cakes, I'd settle for 10 if the others have 5, or a taste I don't like.

Edited by sushi., 04 August 2016 - 11:00 PM.

ナルサク

#202 Dalton.T.R

Dalton.T.R

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,727 posts

Posted 05 August 2016 - 12:34 AM

You know no better than I do what they meant. But, I believe you misunderstood my comment. I never thought they wouldn't vote, I said your choice will affect your life at least a little bit, even if you don't have faith in them. Besides, you don't need to vote for just a person, I think you can choose a party too? Congress is the biggest power in the states and they have rejected Obama's bills for 8 years, so if they change I too will be hopeful.

However, They did say 'only you can help you', if they only meant to say don't be obsessed with politicians those are poor words of choice. I'll rephrase my original point; Yes it is correct you must make something of yourself, but some statesmen will make the climb harder. College is nice, but it doesn't help much if school politics are disfunctional.

I understand empty promises and I am familiar with that myself, but that is another discussion. If someone promises me 100 cakes, I'd settle for 10 if the others have 5, or a taste I don't like.

I'm sorry, but if someone promises me 100 cakes, I better get 100 cakes,..and flavors I like, too! 

#203 Shadow1275

Shadow1275

Lone Wolf

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,613 posts
  • Interests:I have lots of hobbies..

Posted 05 August 2016 - 01:21 PM

If someone promises me 100 cakes, I'd settle for 10 if the others have 5, or a taste I don't like.

Nothing personal Sushi, what happens in this thread stays here

:wallbash:  :wallbash:  :wallbash:  :wallbash:

Good luck getting even one out of this deal. For example the reason that the federal reserve was founded was to secure the countries finances and provide easy credit so that people could lead easier lives, instead now you have an inflation tax which has prevented real wages from rising since the 80s. Another example would be the whole federal subsidized loan system whose purpose was to make college affordable and the majority are getting crushed under debt while the banks use the extra money to buy out another politician.

Sushi I know you're a smart girl but the statement give me ten out of 100 is utter stupidity. For example, my father and I had a debate over social security. He claimed that he deserved to get it when he retires because he paid into it. I agreed with that statement. But then I pointed out how SS is projected to run out by 2035 meaning that when I myself retire I will at best recieve 50-75%.Then I argued that that was unfair bc not only did I not hav a say on whether I could pay or not but that I would not recieve my fair share. He told me to deal with it and pay it anyway. 

Do you see the problem here? Settling on only 10 cakes not only fails to deliver but leads to the systemic collapse we see today. I'll give you a better example: "It is our moral obligation to take in refugees even if it puts our own citizens at risk." 

The "refugee's risk to rape and murder is that ten cakes, and the ones who get the 5 cakes are the children who have to deal with the violence, such as in the Rotterdam case.

A nation's most valuable resource is its children. If you teach them to settle and simply not care about the foundations of society, than you will have exactly what we have today. A goddang nation that does nothing even when their head of the federal bureau of investigation reads off what their secretary of state did to break the law, a nation which does nothing when citizens united is passed, and even a continent which chooses to march around in skirts and refuses to uphold the law when their women and children are being raped.

He Who is Brave is Free-Seneca

^I have a lightsaber your argument is invalid^

"You may be called upon yet again to defend the glory of the Republic against the tyranny of the Dark Side. For this, is the destiny, of the Jedi..."

#204 Shadow1275

Shadow1275

Lone Wolf

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,613 posts

Posted 05 August 2016 - 07:40 PM

They're applauding her. They're applauding her and she just said that she is going to raise taxes on the middle class! She's going to raise taxes on them and they're applauding even after she mentioned the whole bullcrap "fairer tax system" thing.

:wallbash:  :wallbash:  :wallbash:  :wallbash:  :wallbash:  :wallbash:  :wallbash:  :wallbash:  :wallbash:  :wallbash:  :wallbash:  :wallbash:  :wallbash:  :wallbash:  :wallbash:  :wallbash:  :wallbash:  :wallbash:

"You may be called upon yet again to defend the glory of the Republic against the tyranny of the Dark Side. For this, is the destiny, of the Jedi..."

#205 Ryriena

Ryriena

Texas born and Raised

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 665 posts
  • Interests:Anime/Manga, history, unexplained mysteries, linguistics, geology, astrology, astro physics, chemistry, astronomy, sport cars, and racing cars, monster trucks, quantum mechanics and particle physics

Anime/Manga - Gaming

NaruSaku, Ash x Misty, (Pokyshiping) Ichigo x Rukia, Kiba/Hinata, Ichigo x Orihime, Uryū x Orihime, Cullen x Amell, Alastair x Warden, Cullen x Female Inqustior Ed x Winnry, Spike x May Valatine, Kaiden Alekno x Female Shepard, Garus x Female Shepard, Joker x Female Shepard, Angg x Katara, Zuko x Katara, Mako x Kora ( Avatar the last air bender - Legend of Kora) I don't see the ending of Kora as canon since its more of a fan service ending, since the canon pairing is not a properly developed paring.

VLD pairing: Plance, Shiro x Adam, Hunk x Shay, Kallura
    anti Allurance

The Dragon Prince: Cullum x Rayla

TV pairings
    Casket(Castle)
    Angel x Buffy, Buffy x Spike, Angel x Cordila Chase (Buffy the Vampire Slayer), Booth x Bones (bones)
    Tony x Ziva David, Abby x Timothy McGee, Timothy x Delia (NCIS)
    Dean x Castiel, Sam x Gabriel, Sam x Elaine, Dean x Jo (Supernatural)

Comics parings: Supes x Lois Lang, Peter Parker x Mary Jay Waston, Captian x Black Widow, Hawke Eye x Black Widow, Jean Grey x Cyclops, Jean x Wolverine, Rouge x Gambit, Batman x Slilena Kyle, Bruce x Black Widow

Movies pairings: Jurassic Park series (Owen x Claire, Malcome x Sarah) Han x Leia, Luke x Maria Jade, Finn x Rey, FinnPoe (Star Wars)

Dislikes Supes x Wonder Woman, as it's basically turns a feminist icon in to a baby maker, NaruHinata, Sasuke x Sakura abusive relationship ahoy.

Posted 05 August 2016 - 08:32 PM

They're applauding her. They're applauding her and she just said that she is going to raise taxes on the middle class! She's going to raise taxes on them and they're applauding even after she mentioned the whole bullcrap "fairer tax system" thing.

:wallbash:  :wallbash:  :wallbash:  :wallbash:  :wallbash:  :wallbash:  :wallbash:  :wallbash:  :wallbash:  :wallbash:  :wallbash:  :wallbash:  :wallbash:  :wallbash:  :wallbash:  :wallbash:  :wallbash:  :wallbash:

That's why I think most of her crowd are paid idiots. It should be the wealthier members that pay higher Taxes not the middle class since they spend the money that make the rich richer.

Edited by Ryriena, 05 August 2016 - 08:34 PM.

Them Duke boys never meant no harm.--------> my childhood.
Freedom of speech is no laughing matter, since it does take one person to stand up for the right too speak out.
firma__op__luffyxnami_nu__out__by_pjxd23

#206 alexander

alexander

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,158 posts

Posted 05 August 2016 - 08:37 PM

That's why I think most of her crowd are paid idiots. It should be the wealthier members that pay higher Taxes not the middle class since they spend the money that make the rich richer.

I've seen videos of Hillary's public supporters. Most of those people... have some issues. It's like a hive mind or something. Just blind agreement with everything she states and strawman arguments.

Edited by alexander, 05 August 2016 - 08:37 PM.

tumblr_noy9ox76Ku1rr9dcxo9_250.gif

#207 Dalton.T.R

Dalton.T.R

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,727 posts

Posted 05 August 2016 - 09:43 PM

I love how people say Trump has the uneducated people voting for him, yet her crowd would cheer if she said she was going to kill everyone in the room.

#208 RedFaction

RedFaction

Legendary Pirate

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,417 posts

Posted 05 August 2016 - 09:52 PM

Dude, she said "We AREN'T going to raise taxes on the middle class"...she has said the same in the past too. Don't overreact to the click bait title and listen to what she actually says.

Look guys, I'm just going to tell you right now that this election is over. Hillary will be the next President of the United States, Trump doesn't stand a chance.

Edited by RedFaction, 05 August 2016 - 09:53 PM.

#209 Fyuria'sLeo

Fyuria'sLeo

Dork

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,847 posts
  • Interests:Space, Video Games, Drawing, Writing, Science, Reading, Friendship. Mostly things about space.

Posted 05 August 2016 - 10:08 PM

Both parties a kitten!

8c5a9c63d23baf4e9d077bf65597592bb55115a2

#210 Dalton.T.R

Dalton.T.R

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,727 posts

Posted 05 August 2016 - 10:21 PM

Dude, she said "We AREN'T going to raise taxes on the middle class"...she has said the same in the past too. Don't overreact to the click bait title and listen to what she actually says.

Look guys, I'm just going to tell you right now that this election is over. Hillary will be the next President of the United States, Trump doesn't stand a chance.

Considering she hasn't had a press interview in 240 days...I would beg to disagree. Trump's going to rip her apart. 

#211 RedFaction

RedFaction

Legendary Pirate

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,417 posts

Posted 05 August 2016 - 10:32 PM

Considering she hasn't had a press interview in 240 days...I would beg to disagree. Trump's going to rip her apart. 

I don't see how that's relevant. Most of the American electorate aren't going to hold not doing a press interview in 240 days against her.

No matter how you look at it, this week has been a complete disaster for Trump and if things don't change course for him within a month I really don't see how he could possibly win.

#212 Shadow1275

Shadow1275

Lone Wolf

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,613 posts

Posted 05 August 2016 - 10:45 PM

It was freudian slip. Watch it again and look at how Hillary immediately looks away than regains her composure, than look behind her at Warren Buffet whose smile has turned to a frown. I watched the video several times and she couldn't even give the hard T consonant  that aren't requires.

Edited by Shadow1275, 05 August 2016 - 10:45 PM.

#213 Dalton.T.R

Dalton.T.R

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,727 posts

Posted 06 August 2016 - 01:52 PM

I don't see how that's relevant. Most of the American electorate aren't going to hold not doing a press interview in 240 days against her.

No matter how you look at it, this week has been a complete disaster for Trump and if things don't change course for him within a month I really don't see how he could possibly win.

One bad week isn't going to be enough to stop Trump. He's still ahead in the polls.

#214 sushi.

sushi.

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,071 posts

Posted 06 August 2016 - 02:15 PM

One thing I'll give Hillary is that she's an experienced politician. She's had many jobs before that is suited for a future president, and was a politically active first lady. She will actually know how to run a country. I don't think you can debate that, but Trump fans here will probably try. There just aren't a lot of reasons, her corruption and lies doesn't change what I just said..

Trump is not a politician but a business man, and despite bankruptcy he probably knows business economy. What more? A president needs to know social economy though(big difference), among many other things that Trump doesn't know at all.

ps I might have said this before I don't really remember jaja but it's something I'm constantly thinking of. Not only is Trump not a politician, he is hardcore immature, easily provoked, and describes his ideas as wanting to build the biggest strongest and bestest, everything.

Edited by sushi., 06 August 2016 - 08:02 PM.

ナルサク

#215 RedFaction

RedFaction

Legendary Pirate

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,417 posts

Posted 06 August 2016 - 07:11 PM

One bad week isn't going to be enough to stop Trump. He's still ahead in the polls.

Which polls?

http://www.realclear...inton-5491.html

All I'm seeing is Clinton ahead as of right now, by a sizeable margin.

Edited by RedFaction, 06 August 2016 - 07:11 PM.

#216 Nate River

Nate River

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 5,982 posts

Posted 06 August 2016 - 09:23 PM

This week has been so bad that even #1 fan Sean Hannity is begging him to stay on message. At a bare minimum, Trump needs to learn to pick his battles. Not every fight is worth having.

I'd imagine so.

A common tactic of candidates, particularly on the presidential level, is to pre-screen the audience at events like these so you don't get silence, boos, or embarrassing questions. They are rarely organic despite often being sold that way.

#217 Dalton.T.R

Dalton.T.R

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,727 posts

Posted 08 August 2016 - 01:01 AM

Media polls? Seriously? The media is bought and paid for by the Clinton's, especially CNN (Clinton News Network)

If you look at this link you'll see Hillary is gonna get destroyed. 

http://www.breitbart...dslide-victory/

If Hillary wins it shows the election was rigged from the beginning, thus starting the second civil war. No way Americans are going to keep her for long. Then again, she may not make it to the election with the way she's been acting lately. She can cheat a lot of things, but natural death isn't one of them.

Edited by Dalton.T.R, 08 August 2016 - 01:13 AM.

#218 sushi.

sushi.

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,071 posts

Posted 08 August 2016 - 01:51 AM

I honestly think you're grilling Hillary too hard. Do you have any grounds for believing the election to be rigged with her victory or is it just spite? I mean I don't even hate Trump this much. I cannot excuse Hillary's wrongdoings, but she hasn't done worse things than previous presidents. They still got elected and many re-elected. Bush cheated and the government invades countries and assassinated MLK. Bad things. She's not a white saint but js she isn't voldemort. :/

ナルサク

#219 Shadow1275

Shadow1275

Lone Wolf

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,613 posts

Posted 08 August 2016 - 03:47 AM

I honestly think you're grilling Hillary too hard. Do you have any grounds for believing the election to be rigged with her victory or is it just spite? I mean I don't even hate Trump this much. I cannot excuse Hillary's wrongdoings, but she hasn't done worse things than previous presidents. They still got elected and many re-elected. Bush cheated and the government invades countries and assassinated MLK. Bad things. She's not a white saint but js she isn't voldemort. :/

So by that logic if a man commits murder he should be let off the hook because another man who committed murder was let off? Granted murder is an extreme analogy but the point still stands. Bush should be punished for what the Supreme Court did, but then th e Democrats should be punished for importing votes in order to subvert the system. As for Hillary and her rigging crimes the DNC email media collusion scandal and the rigged Reuters polls would like to have a word with you my dear.

That and Bernie Sander's entire former supporter base.

#220 sushi.

sushi.

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,071 posts

Posted 08 August 2016 - 01:01 PM

So by that logic if a man commits murder he should be let off the hook because another man who committed murder was let off? Granted murder is an extreme analogy but the point still stands. Bush should be punished for what the Supreme Court did, but then th e Democrats should be punished for importing votes in order to subvert the system. As for Hillary and her rigging crimes the DNC email media collusion scandal and the rigged Reuters polls would like to have a word with you my dear.

That and Bernie Sander's entire former supporter base.

I suspected you'd say something like that, but I thought I couldn't make myself more clear. I said, I do not excuse Hillary's actions. Did you not read or are you doing this on purpose? Btw I'm not just talking to you in this response.

I didn't say whether or not Hillary should be punished by the court, so idk how you got them mixed up in this. I was talking about our opinions as supporters. Correct me if I'm wrong, but the way you and Dalton talk about her it's like you think Hillary will be the worst most corrupt president in history. Her record isn't clean, but she's nothing new, she's a normal politician who pre-screens her speeches just like most others. That's why I mentioned previous ones, to point out they've done the same things. No candidate ever has clean slates, but America cannot go without a president. It'll either be something like we've had before and the only alternative is something much worse.

You cannot burn Hillary everytime she breathes, while closing your eyes at others, and stanning her opponent and all of his sins. You then become exactly that hypocrite you are talking of. Trump is a man who hired illegal undocumented workers despite what he says about them, underpays his workers immensily and even refuses to pay people at all(such as Andrew Tesoro, whose story I want all of you to check out). Besides that, there is racist housing discrimination, plus he thinks that rape is to be expected when you put men and women together, and by his former wife and a preteen girl with evidence, has been accused of it himself. If that's not enough, I'll link you to this reciept no supporter of him wants to see. It was not hard to find.

Don't defend one demon, and witchunt another. In fact I think that for every thing Clinton has done, Trump has done twice as much. I just googled the words Donald Trump and corruption and the results were endless, I'll even be so nice and link to the top article which explained it better than I could.

Edited by sushi., 08 August 2016 - 01:49 PM.

ナルサク

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Politics

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users