• Please log in to reply
275 replies to this topic

#201 Rorek

Rorek

Academy Student

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 43 posts
  • Interests:I like writing (almost anything), playing video games on my Xbox 360, listening to lots of music, and wasting hours on facebook and tumblr. :D

Posted 14 December 2011 - 11:28 PM

I've seen a video of someone punching an Ancient Dragon to death on the hardest difficulty. I was like.....wow. argh1.png

#202 shadow_Uzumaki

shadow_Uzumaki

If you can't say something nice....

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,089 posts
  • Interests:Stuff

Posted 14 December 2011 - 11:31 PM

It's not my style of fighting, so my Skyrim characters can never get as badass as that Badass Viking.

#203 Cloud

Cloud

SOLDIER

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,565 posts

Posted 14 December 2011 - 11:40 PM

QUOTE (shadow_Uzumaki @ Dec 14 2011, 06:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It's not my style of fighting, so my Skyrim characters can never get as badass as that Badass Viking.

The critical animated kills with fists are pretty brutal too.. I mean.. punching a guy, breaking his arm and then throwing him into the wall = LOL.

I guess I'll go impale some more people with my ebony blade.

#204 shadow_Uzumaki

shadow_Uzumaki

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,089 posts

Posted 14 December 2011 - 11:45 PM

QUOTE (Cloud @ Dec 14 2011, 05:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The critical animated kills with fists are pretty brutal too.. I mean.. punching a guy, breaking his arm and then throwing him into the wall = LOL.

I guess I'll go impale some more people with my ebony blade.

And the simple brutality of a punch then a choke slam. biggrin.gif

#205 Cloud

Cloud

SOLDIER

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,565 posts

Posted 14 December 2011 - 11:46 PM

QUOTE (shadow_Uzumaki @ Dec 14 2011, 06:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
And the simple brutality of a punch then a choke slam. biggrin.gif

There should be stealth kills available for using fists... unless there are (I just haven't seen em yet)

Sam Fisher style.

#206 Rorek

Rorek

Academy Student

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 43 posts
  • Interests:I like writing (almost anything), playing video games on my Xbox 360, listening to lots of music, and wasting hours on facebook and tumblr. :D

Posted 14 December 2011 - 11:57 PM

I wish there were more mission in the Dark Brotherhood. I finished 'em all. And they'd have to be better structured. Most of them were just killing random people in easy secluded spots. I liked the ones where you had to infiltrate somewhere and lure them out, or try and kill them while no one was looking, or like make a distraction for the rest of the people and the slit their throats. You know, something like that. That would make the Dark Brotherhood so much cooler than the other factions. happy.gif

#207 shadow_Uzumaki

shadow_Uzumaki

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,089 posts

Posted 15 December 2011 - 12:39 AM

Well, the Radiant Quests system really can't create those kind of complex quests, they're just there to give you replayability.

#208 Rorek

Rorek

Academy Student

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 43 posts

Posted 15 December 2011 - 12:42 AM

QUOTE (shadow_Uzumaki @ Dec 14 2011, 04:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well, the Radiant Quests system really can't create those kind of complex quests, they're just there to give you replayability.

Ya, I know, but I can dream of a better Skyrim. wow.png

#209 shadow_Uzumaki

shadow_Uzumaki

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,089 posts

Posted 15 December 2011 - 12:44 AM

Erm, you kinda double posted by accident, Rorek...

#210 Rorek

Rorek

Academy Student

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 43 posts

Posted 15 December 2011 - 12:52 AM

QUOTE (shadow_Uzumaki @ Dec 14 2011, 04:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Erm, you kinda double posted by accident, Rorek...

Ya, thanks for pointing it out. My connection went a little crazy. dry.gif

I wouldn't have noticed. happy.gif

#211 alexander

alexander

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,158 posts

Posted 15 December 2011 - 03:27 PM

So, I think I mostly did 80% of the quests and tasks in general, so I will spend more time exploring caves and forts, I'm planning to finish the game 100% making every possible task and finding every possible location... this is gonna take an while!
Man, leveling certain skill is quite easy, I once entered an abandoned an jail and had to fight some few ghosts, so, instead of fighting back, I either let them attack me or raised my shield all the time, the heavy armor skill and blocking kept going up until I was bored out of my mind.

tumblr_noy9ox76Ku1rr9dcxo9_250.gif

#212 shadow_Uzumaki

shadow_Uzumaki

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,089 posts

Posted 17 December 2011 - 06:59 AM

I've reached 1 gig of memory..., technically 2 gigs since I make 2 save games for 1 character.... It's getting annoying with the frequent lagging that I had to turn off auto save.

#213 alexander

alexander

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,158 posts

Posted 17 December 2011 - 11:20 AM

I REGRET NOTHING! --Click here to view--

tumblr_noy9ox76Ku1rr9dcxo9_250.gif

#214 shadow_Uzumaki

shadow_Uzumaki

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,089 posts

Posted 17 December 2011 - 02:56 PM

Pfft, why regret it? Lydia's awesome in general.

#215 desaix

desaix

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,354 posts

Posted 17 December 2011 - 10:16 PM

You know, marrying a housecarl (I've done it in one partial playthrough, though with Jordis and not Lydia) is fine, considering looks, but which 'marriage candidate' is the most rewarding to marry in terms of 'material gains?' With the right mods, even the ugliest girl can be made to look attractive (Brelyna can look pretty darned good when you use the right mod to smooth out those wrinkles, for example; married her in a different partial playthrough, but was a little disappointed -- I was expecting to be given non-steal-flagged access to the loot in her college dorm, but didn't get it), but some of the girls offer you better things when married than others (better places to live -- which the housecarls don't give you at all -- or a better 'shop,' or the like). And I mean in the vanilla game -- I saw someone working on a mod (didn't get it because it sounds too buggy\unfinished right now) which would allow you to marry the bard, Lisette, and gain her as a competent-ranged-fighter-type follower as a reward... something I might consider if it worked.

You haven't experienced the full cofusion of modern gender relations until you've heard an angry group of women yelling, "We want tentacles!" at an all-night Hentai-fest.

-Tonbo

You can find my original fiction, facebook, twitter, and other ways to contact me on my website, FennecFoxPress.com

#216 shadow_Uzumaki

shadow_Uzumaki

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,089 posts

Posted 18 December 2011 - 02:32 PM

Eh... I married Ysolda and it's worked out fine. I'd rather marry a non-combatant so she's gaining 100 gold every day I'm not at home rather than marry a combatant and have her with me and she's not gaining gold.

Simple as that.

#217 desaix

desaix

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,354 posts

Posted 18 December 2011 - 04:13 PM

QUOTE (shadow_Uzumaki @ Dec 18 2011, 09:32 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Eh... I married Ysolda and it's worked out fine. I'd rather marry a non-combatant so she's gaining 100 gold every day I'm not at home rather than marry a combatant and have her with me and she's not gaining gold.

Simple as that.

Actually, your wife gathers 100 gold per day whether she's following you or not.

You haven't experienced the full cofusion of modern gender relations until you've heard an angry group of women yelling, "We want tentacles!" at an all-night Hentai-fest.

-Tonbo

You can find my original fiction, facebook, twitter, and other ways to contact me on my website, FennecFoxPress.com

#218 shadow_Uzumaki

shadow_Uzumaki

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,089 posts

Posted 18 December 2011 - 08:04 PM

QUOTE (desaix @ Dec 18 2011, 10:13 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Actually, your wife gathers 100 gold per day whether she's following you or not.

Ah, well. I'd rather not put her in harm's way, then. 'Sides, this way my Breezehome isn't so empty when I get home.
Two girls waiting for their husband or thane? wink.gif

lol, just kidding.

Anyway, Aela's my current follower, I was getting tired of Lydia charging in all the time, so I'm using an Archer for a change.

#219 desaix

desaix

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,354 posts

Posted 18 December 2011 - 08:44 PM

QUOTE (shadow_Uzumaki @ Dec 18 2011, 03:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Ah, well. I'd rather not put her in harm's way, then. 'Sides, this way my Breezehome isn't so empty when I get home.
Two girls waiting for their husband or thane? wink.gif

lol, just kidding.

Anyway, Aela's my current follower, I was getting tired of Lydia charging in all the time, so I'm using an Archer for a change.

Heh. You can have a housecarl, a wife, and a follower all in the house at the same time if you play it right. Plus, since I have a mod designed to allow you to equip your followers with anything (with the side effect of having all of your potential followers nude\in their underwear), you can play a female, strip down, and walk around little Breezehome with four girls all in the buff. (Incidentally, in that same vein, around Darkwater Crossing, there's an unmarked hot spring that you can find a hunters camp with bunch of nude (assuming you have a nude mod; otherwise they'll be in their underwear) hunters bathing. I keep wondering if that'll come up in some sort of quest, but so far I haven't encountered one involving them)

-Tonbo

#220 shadow_Uzumaki

shadow_Uzumaki

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,089 posts

Posted 18 December 2011 - 08:47 PM

Nah, I've found some of those camps too. One of them is in that hot springs area with the Atronach stone.

I can't really add mods since I have it on the PS3. XD

I have been trying to reverse pick pocket Ysolda with a tavern outfit, but I'm guessing I'm gonna need the Perfect Touch perk.... Which is 100 Pickpocket. Blah.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users