Osama bin Laden has been killed.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
243 replies to this topic

#201 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,843 posts
  • Interests:Video games (fighting), NaruSaku, Naruto, Sonic, Street Fighter, DOA, Darkstalkers, Tekken, computers, MHA

Posted 04 May 2011 - 11:03 PM

QUOTE (Nate River @ May 4 2011, 06:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
That's because it's in my closet. Now if you'll wait a moment so I can download photoshop, I'll prove it to you.

Sure, Nate. rolleyes.gif We will debate on its authencity. tongue.gif

latest?cb=20140126021943

What's Happening with the Naruto series as of now!

#202 Insurrection

Insurrection

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,143 posts

Posted 05 May 2011 - 04:09 AM

We might not see Bin Laden's photo, but holy mother...*warning very graphic* It makes you wonder what happened to Bin Laden.

http://www.reuters.c...-laden-compound

And Congressmen fell for a fake photo.

http://blogs.abcnews...s-senators.html

Oh great...we lost something we shouldn't have.

#203 Codus N

Codus N

Highandnow

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,119 posts

Posted 05 May 2011 - 11:44 AM

QUOTE (Sakura Blossoms @ May 5 2011, 02:37 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It got lost between the arguing you and alexander had going back and forth.

Hey, what about me!!! rawr.gif

QUOTE (dl316bh @ May 5 2011, 03:04 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
That won't prove a thing. All it will take is one person - and there would be at least one, you can bet money on it - thinking it's not legit against everyone else and that's more than enough for most people to latch onto. They could have done everything perfectly and I guarantee you there would still be people who thought everyone was being taken for a ride. Against overwhelming evidence, there are still people who think our government ordered 9/11 to start with and regularly fake photos and videos to "prove" it.

This is the age we live in, for good and ill. On the one hand, we don't blindly believe our government and question things. On the other, we don't really trust anything either.

Well, then, that's easy. Fire back and say "can YOU prove it??" if they had the guts to say something like that, I'd want to see them prove it. Of course, it'd be useless but everyone knows the truth.

QUOTE (alexander @ May 5 2011, 03:15 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
With all due respect (what is this, the army?), that's pretty cocky of you Nate.

EDIT: On other news: http://www.msnbc.msn...aden/?GT1=43001

Well, that surely will not please some people.

QUOTE (alexander @ May 5 2011, 03:35 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Just for you to know, I'm never said this is one of those conspiracy theory things, I just find it suspicious, that's all. And, of course, I'm not going to force my ideals on you nor anyone else, I'm just trying to make my point on this matter.

Yup, you and me both, alex. sleep.gif It's a shame. It kinda makes Obama look a bit cowardly. Granted, he'd be betting National Security on it but every leader should take risks when it's needed.

Edited by Codus N, 05 May 2011 - 11:47 AM.

248793.jpg

The family that couldn't be.

[post='http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6EItApJttbY']An Underrated Song Worth Listening[/post]

#204 alexander

alexander

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,158 posts

Posted 05 May 2011 - 02:03 PM

An small update: This is the picture of Obama and Crew watching the whole thing

And it's getting popular pretty quicly.

Edited by alexander, 05 May 2011 - 02:03 PM.

tumblr_noy9ox76Ku1rr9dcxo9_250.gif

#205 Cloud

Cloud

SOLDIER

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,565 posts

Posted 06 May 2011 - 04:56 AM

Mmm. Dead bodies soaked in blood. My favorite.

#206 Nick Soapdish

Nick Soapdish

Holding my breath

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,364 posts

Posted 06 May 2011 - 03:44 PM

QUOTE (alexander @ May 5 2011, 10:03 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
An small update: This is the picture of Obama and Crew watching the whole thing

And it's getting popular pretty quicly.

Indeed.

I've heard that the link referenced in the image is not safe for work.

#207 Codus N

Codus N

Highandnow

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,119 posts

Posted 06 May 2011 - 04:02 PM

Al-Qaeda confirmed it.

Wow, now that they really said this then we can all REALLY breathe a sigh of relief. If I think about it, Al-Qaeda didn't seem to be the type of organization in denial when a leader dies unless they really aren't dead. In fact, maybe Obama even took this into account and predicted this would happen.

I'm going to have to give a big hand to him. pimp.png

Now that this is out of the way, let's move on with our lives, shall we?? happy.gif

248793.jpg

[post='http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6EItApJttbY']An Underrated Song Worth Listening[/post]

#208 Gravenimage

Gravenimage

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,535 posts

Posted 06 May 2011 - 04:03 PM

Lol.
Gravenimage

Lone Wolf of the Grave

#209 Nee-sama

Nee-sama

Still trying to beat the boredom.

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,011 posts

Posted 06 May 2011 - 08:01 PM

QUOTE (Codus N @ May 6 2011, 09:02 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Al-Qaeda confirmed it.

Wow, now that they really said this then we can all REALLY breathe a sigh of relief. If I think about it, Al-Qaeda didn't seem to be the type of organization in denial when a leader dies unless they really aren't dead. In fact, maybe Obama even took this into account and predicted this would happen.

I'm going to have to give a big hand to him. pimp.png

Now that this is out of the way, let's move on with our lives, shall we?? happy.gif

Oh, well since al-Qaeda said it we can believe it's true. They may be a terrorist organization bent on dominating the world, avenging bin Laden, and murdering the infidel but at least they're honest. yes.gif

971084_656443124372835_371212529_n_zps46

#210 Greed-Sama

Greed-Sama

The Last Man

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,509 posts

Posted 06 May 2011 - 08:06 PM

http://www.nydailyne...laden_stri.html

Bush doesn't go to Ground Zero with Obama on Thursday because he feels like his administration isn't getting enough credit? Seriously? dry.gif
75b28593-b271-4fcc-ab30-b8457d3f9708_zps

#211 Guest_Kodachi Claws_*

Guest_Kodachi Claws_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 May 2011 - 04:41 AM

QUOTE (TheOmegaMan @ May 6 2011, 01:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
http://www.nydailyne...laden_stri.html

Bush doesn't go to Ground Zero with Obama on Thursday because he feels like his administration isn't getting enough credit? Seriously? dry.gif

I'm not surprised; he's desperate to win back credibility for his administration, but doesn't seem to understand that at this point the best thing for him is to lie low for now.

Speaking of which, John Yoo, the lawyer who tried to authorize the torture in Guantanomo (or something to that degree) is saying it was wrong for Obama's administration to kill Bin Laden (as opposed to capture him). I just have to find that hilarious, one who tried to make it okay for the president (any president) to torture is going "Wait! Don't kill the terrorist!" I'm sure he wanted him alive so we could torture him (tempting, but still wrong) rolleyes.gif

Edited by Kodachi Claws, 07 May 2011 - 06:13 AM.

#212 Insurrection

Insurrection

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,143 posts

Posted 07 May 2011 - 05:33 AM

http://www.cbsnews.c...l#ixzz1LbIM5g1O

http://www.cnn.com/2...dex.html?hpt=T1

I have a feeling we'll be busy with this intel. Someone said that killing Bin Laden was cutting off the head of the snake except now there's a really pumped guy thinking aloud, "Hey, we still have the rest of the snake we could chop up!" Ew boy...

Ew Boy...this keeps getting better...

http://www.huffingto...n_n_858906.html

The wealth of information pulled from Osama bin Laden's compound has reinforced the belief that he played a strong role in planning and directing attacks by al-Qaida and its affiliates in Yemen and Somalia, senior U.S. officials said Friday.

And the data further demonstrates to the U.S. that top al-Qaida commanders and other key insurgents are scattered throughout Pakistan, not just in the rugged border areas, and are being supported and given sanctuary by Pakistanis, a senior defense official said.

...and better...

http://www.msnbc.msn...new_york_times/

QUOTE (nytimes)
Pakistani officials say the Obama administration has demanded the identities of some of their top intelligence operatives as the United States tries to determine whether any of them had contact with Osama bin Laden or his agents in the years before the raid that led to his death early Monday morning in Pakistan.

The officials provided new details of a tense discussion between Pakistani officials and an American envoy who traveled to Pakistan on Monday, as well as the growing suspicion among United States intelligence and diplomatic officials that someone in Pakistan’s secret intelligence agency knew of Bin Laden’s location, and helped shield him.

Edited by Insurrection, 07 May 2011 - 05:47 AM.

#213 Nate River

Nate River

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 5,982 posts

Posted 07 May 2011 - 05:48 AM

QUOTE (Kodachi Claws @ May 6 2011, 11:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm not surprised; he's desperate to win back credibility for his administration, but doesn't seem to understand that at this point the best thing for him is to lie low for now.

You're joking right?

For virtually all of 2009 and chunks of 2010 Barack Obama used every available opportunity to blame Bush for the problems he inherented. I'd never heard a President whine about a predecessor the Obama has. Bush didn't respond when he could have. When Bush wrote his memoirs he could have taken all the shots at Obama he wanted and he didn't. In fact, in the post you too are complaining about he didn't say a damn thing and his spokesman even said he wanted to lie low.

The quote you complain of came from an unnamed "high" ranked source who blabbed to a journalist private feelings that would have remained so had the source not blabbed (assuming the source is right, not something we can verify since we don't know who it is). Bush didn't say a thing publicly except what the spokesman said and the spokesman said he wanted to lie low. Which is the advice you just gave. I guess he could have gone a put the wreath up too, but that's not exactly lying low is it?

Maybe he should change his approach and act like Jimmy Carter? When was the last time that discredited President lied low?

EDIT: Other members of the administration haven spoken out (Rice, Cheney back in 2009), but there isn't any evidence that they are doing anything besides acting on their own. He can't forcefully screw their lips shut.

Speaking of which, John Woo, the lawyer who tried to authorize the torture in Guantanomo (or something to that degree) is saying it was wrong for Obama's administration to kill Bin Laden (as opposed to capture him). I just have to find that hilarious, one who tried to make it okay for the president (any president) to torture is going "Wait! Don't kill the terrorist!" I'm sure he wanted him alive so we could torture him (tempting, but still wrong) rolleyes.gif

Woo was an attorney who was posed a question by the administration as to the limit of interrogations and he provided an answer based on what he thought the law was. I don't care what you think of the answer, but Woo didn't authorize crap, he didn't have the authority too. Once he provided his client the answer to the question it was up to the client to decide what it was going to do. That you don't agree with his answer to that question doesn't mean Woo went out of his way to find a particular answer, which is what you seem to be implying.

Your last line is nothing but a gratuitous cheap shot.

#214 Insurrection

Insurrection

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,143 posts

Posted 07 May 2011 - 08:28 PM

http://backstage.huf...-_n_858984.html

http://www.thedailyb...d=hp:mainpromo1

Does anyone want to watch Osama Bin Laden's home movies?

Edited by Insurrection, 07 May 2011 - 08:30 PM.

#215 dl316bh

dl316bh

International Smug Elitist

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,519 posts

Posted 08 May 2011 - 04:53 AM

QUOTE (Nate River @ May 7 2011, 01:48 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
For virtually all of 2009 and chunks of 2010 Barack Obama used every available opportunity to blame Bush for the problems he inherented.

On the one hand, he's not exactly lying. A lot of our troubles we can trace back to Bush. Same for the loss of several of our rights.

On the other, you're right; it's kind of unsettling to see how much he pushed the blame off him. He's right, but it reflects very poorly on him, especially when he's not doing a damned thing to help matters. If anything, he's continued Bush's general policies and is as pro-business as a given Republican. Barring him winning a second term and massively turning things around, he's going to go down as a bad president; and no amount of complaining about how he was put in a bad position by Bush is going to change that.
bd5.jpg

#216 Guest_Kodachi Claws_*

Guest_Kodachi Claws_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 May 2011 - 09:18 AM

QUOTE (Nate River @ May 6 2011, 10:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You're joking right?

For virtually all of 2009 and chunks of 2010 Barack Obama used every available opportunity to blame Bush for the problems he inherented. I'd never heard a President whine about a predecessor the Obama has. Bush didn't respond when he could have. When Bush wrote his memoirs he could have taken all the shots at Obama he wanted and he didn't. In fact, in the post you too are complaining about he didn't say a damn thing and his spokesman even said he wanted to lie low.

The quote you complain of came from an unnamed "high" ranked source who blabbed to a journalist private feelings that would have remained so had the source not blabbed (assuming the source is right, not something we can verify since we don't know who it is). Bush didn't say a thing publicly except what the spokesman said and the spokesman said he wanted to lie low. Which is the advice you just gave. I guess he could have gone a put the wreath up too, but that's not exactly lying low is it?

Maybe he should change his approach and act like Jimmy Carter? When was the last time that discredited President lied low?

EDIT: Other members of the administration haven spoken out (Rice, Cheney back in 2009), but there isn't any evidence that they are doing anything besides acting on their own. He can't forcefully screw their lips shut.

Woo was an attorney who was posed a question by the administration as to the limit of interrogations and he provided an answer based on what he thought the law was. I don't care what you think of the answer, but Woo didn't authorize crap, he didn't have the authority too. Once he provided his client the answer to the question it was up to the client to decide what it was going to do. That you don't agree with his answer to that question doesn't mean Woo went out of his way to find a particular answer, which is what you seem to be implying.

Your last line is nothing but a gratuitous cheap shot.

My bad on the first, I just read the comment beneath the link at the time and assumed he publicly said that. Although, my comment said nothing about how good or bad Obama handled this or other situations, so I don't know where you got that idea.

On the second one, that was perhaps a poor choice of words on saying he authorized them. But the fact that he essentially wrote/told the CIA what torture was, and I assume they followed those guidelines, unless the Waterboarding and other crap that happened was the CIA's own doing...that doesn't exactly make him look too good.

Funny thing though, we both called him John Woo by mistake (I edited my post to correct that). If we were talking about John Woo, he would probably be more famous for sending Tom Cruise and Chow Yun-fat to battle terrorism instead.

#217 Codus N

Codus N

Highandnow

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,119 posts

Posted 08 May 2011 - 01:24 PM

QUOTE (Kodachi Claws @ May 8 2011, 04:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Funny thing though, we both called him John Woo by mistake (I edited my post to correct that). If we were talking about John Woo, he would probably be more famous for sending Tom Cruise and Chow Yun-fat to battle terrorism instead.

Now that you brought it up, think he'll actually help direct the movie about this raid??? pictureem0.gif

248793.jpg

#218 Insurrection

Insurrection

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,143 posts

Posted 09 May 2011 - 05:04 AM

Pakistani Media names CIA Station Chief in Islamabad. Believed to be outed by Pakistani Government in raid response while seeking its own answers to how Bin Laden lived under their noses.

http://online.wsj.co...3848904130.html

Update: AP reports that they have the wrong name. http://www.huffingto...e_n_859240.html

Obama's full 60 Minutes Interview:

http://www.cbsnews.c...ainColumnArea.1

QUOTE (From the Interview)
KROFT: You didn't tell anybody in the Pakistani government or the military.

PRESIDENT OBAMA: No.

KROFT: Or their intelligence community?

PRESIDENT OBAMA: No.

KROFT: Because you didn't trust?

PRESIDENT OBAMA: As I said, I didn't tell most people here in the White House. I didn't tell my own family. It was that important for us to maintain operational security.

KROFT: But you were carrying out this operation in Pakistan.

PRESIDENT OBAMA: Yeah.

KROFT: You didn't trust 'em?

PRESIDENT OBAMA: If I'm not revealing to some of my closest aides what we're doin', then I sure as heck am not gonna be revealing it to folks who I don't know.

KROFT: Right. Now the location of this house, the location of the compound just raises all sorts of questions.

PRESIDENT OBAMA: Uh-huh.

KROFT: Do you believe people in the Pakistani government, Pakistani intelligence agencies knew that bin Laden was living there?

PRESIDENT OBAMA: We think that there had to be some sort of support network for bin Laden inside of Pakistan. But we don't know who or what that support network was. We don't know whether there might have been some people inside of government, people outside of government, and that's something that we have to investigate, and more importantly, the Pakistani government has to investigate.
And we've already communicated to them, and they have indicated they have a profound interest in finding out what kinds of support networks bin Laden might have had. But these are questions that we're not gonna be able to answer three or four days after the event. It's gonna take some time for us to be able to exploit the intelligence that we were able to gather on site.

And I just want the American people to think about this. These guys, our guys, go in in the dead of night, it's pitch black, they're takin' out walls, false doors, gettin' shot at, they killed bin Laden, and they had the presence of mind to still gather up a whole bunch of bin Laden's material which will be a treasure trove of information that could serve us very well in the weeks and months to come. It's just an indication of the extraordinary work that they did.

Edited by Insurrection, 09 May 2011 - 02:33 PM.

#219 Ulgamoth

Ulgamoth

H&E's Sun Pokemon

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 311 posts
  • Interests:I like Naruto, hence me being here. I also enjoy Death Note manga, Dragon Ball and DBZ manga and Full Metal Alchemist manga. In to metal music but can listen to ALMOST anything. Love playing video games, specifically Pokemon. Currently working on Pokemon Black. Spore is EPIC and so is Fallout New Vegas. Disturbed in the house, droppin' plates!

Posted 10 May 2011 - 02:30 AM

I'll just sum it up in two words: Me Gusta!

Deep in the jungle camouflaged by all the fallen leaves
A hand holds up the sky while shamefully I make my plea
The alter's callin' but my legs won't seem to stand
Guess I'm a coward scared to face the man I am

#220 Codus N

Codus N

Highandnow

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,119 posts

Posted 10 May 2011 - 03:40 PM

Here comes the paranoia.....

248793.jpg

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users