Close
Photo

Is Naruto the Last the worst movie?

• Please log in to reply
291 replies to this topic

Poll: Worst movie ever (65 member(s) have cast votes)

Worst movie

1. HELL YES IT IS!! (17 votes [26.15%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 26.15%

2. In my top 5 (7 votes [10.77%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 10.77%

3. Worst Naruto film (26 votes [40.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 40.00%

4. Ehh it was okay (2 votes [3.08%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 3.08%

5. Never seen it. (13 votes [20.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 20.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#201 TheFirstEvil100

TheFirstEvil100

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,495 posts
  • Interests:Reading and watching Naruto, play on my PS3 playing on my Pokemon games mainly Pokemon X right now I also like watching good Horror films.

Posted 12 January 2016 - 12:32 AM

I do like their lines as well. Some really came off cold and evil that I love it. Then, the original is like that too. I do like how movies always make fun of the flaws like similar storyline, plot hole, and gimmicks.

I can't wait to see how TFS do Broly that will be good and funny as well but we shall have to wait a good while before we get to that film and see what jokes they will put in, plus Nappa was funny as a Ghost and may show up again,

So true about Naruto and Bolt also I'd die of laughter if they said that.

Vegeta still a better father than Naruto. 

lol I think we all would while the NH fans will cry and say that it not true remember they are all blind like Hinata.

very true

#202 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,565 posts

Posted 12 January 2016 - 04:09 AM

So true about Naruto and Bolt also I'd die of laughter if they said that.

Vegeta still a better father than Naruto. 

...sh.it you're right. By the end of the cell saga he truly cared about future trunks enough to raise trunks, and by the end of the buu saga he became content with just being a family man.

#203 soraandven

soraandven

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,357 posts

Posted 12 January 2016 - 05:26 AM

I can't wait to see how TFS do Broly that will be good and funny as well but we shall have to wait a good while before we get to that film and see what jokes they will put in, plus Nappa was funny as a Ghost and may show up again,

lol I think we all would while the NH fans will cry and say that it not true remember they are all blind like Hinata.

very true

the nh fans have always been blind praising hinata as a queen and hating sakura's tsundere trope personality i admit i use to hate sakura back then but i thought about other tsundere trope characters like helga from hey arnold lol so then i stopped hating her and really liked her character its to bad kishi gave into the blind idiots like a coward

tumblr_inline_o0t4b3AHI71txjvtf_500.gif

#204 NaruSaku fan in Kentucky

NaruSaku fan in Kentucky

Kyuubi

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,051 posts
  • Interests:Likes Kentucky Basketball, NaruSaku and Godzilla.

Dislikes Sasuke SasuSaku NaruHina and the Louisville Cardnials.

Posted 12 January 2016 - 05:53 AM

Is Peter Griffin a better father than Naruto? 

509356167_759751.gif?4

#205 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,565 posts

Posted 12 January 2016 - 06:11 AM

...Which season? Because shows like family guy Simpsons and American Dad the father parenting skills vary from season to season. Earlier seasons peter yes later...not sure.  

#206 Nostradamus

Nostradamus

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,022 posts

Posted 12 January 2016 - 08:46 AM

Any father or no father is better than Naruto & Sasuke.

CZSn9hA.jpg

Which I've told you - time and time again - is dangerous! There will never be consensus, son, among those you have helped to ascend. They will all differ in their views of what it means to be free. The peace you so desperately seek does not exist.

These men are united now by a common cause. But when this battle is finished they will fall to fighting amongst themselves about how best to ensure control. In time it will lead to war. You will see.

#207 Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Magnificient Bastard (aka Cliffhanger Bastard!)

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,905 posts

Posted 12 January 2016 - 04:50 PM

Any father or no father is better than Naruto & Sasuke.

No kidding, Nostradamus! I figured Naruto would be like Goku as a dad, and Sasuke would sometimes be like Vegeta, given that Sasuke had a hard time with his dad given Fugaku wanted him to be like Itachi given his laser-like focus on the coup d'etat, as well as how he's not good with his emotions sometimes.

#208 Catra

Catra

Outlaw Gunslinging marksmen

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,112 posts
  • Interests:AU narusaku, mortal kombat, balto, lion king, rudolph,

Posted 12 January 2016 - 08:00 PM

TFS fans have polluted youtube. you cant have a decent convo with anyone because they'll just quote TFS thinking they're sooo clever and funny and cool for watching a parody. as a guy who liked yamcha its almost criminal now to say that you even used to LIKE HIM. you WILL be shunned and laughed at and ridiculed as a db/z fan and get the "lol raditz/disappointing/lolnah that means you expect lol I r so funneh!" forget these people. they're sheeple with no opinion of their own.

/rant

#209 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 12 January 2016 - 08:36 PM

Well to be fair, Yamucha has always been make fun of. TFS just made it well known once more. I mean Japan got a statue of him in a dead position from Saiyan Saga. Not only that, but even Gintama makes fun of him a lot, up to the point the fan wrote a letter to the mangaka about Yamucha. I won't say I don't like him but he is one of the known jobber character in our time.

Edited by TouKen4Life3g, 12 January 2016 - 08:37 PM.

#210 Catra

Catra

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,112 posts

Posted 12 January 2016 - 08:50 PM

still its annoying since that was his first death and in kai they played it out like this sorrowful moment for bulma. PLUS the dragonballs were practically gone and thought to never give those lives back. i never found yamcha's dead body funny. it will never BE funny. its hard being a yamcha fan because you'll get surrounded by vegeta fanboys gloating how "lol bulma slept with their favorite character."

first time i saw dbz, yamcha was my favorite. he looked cool with scars and long hair, he sounded cool (ocean dub), had a unique moveset (wolf fang and spirit ball), trained faster than goku (kami and king kai), had a job as a professional baseball player rather than someone living in the forest collecting firewood. heck he had his moments. he helped nurse goku back to health in the android saga. at least he didn't get to change any diapers or pay for child support.

#211 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 12 January 2016 - 08:59 PM

You have to blame Toriyama for this one. I guess in a sense, his character works well in DB universe, but not in DBZ universe. I don't hate him. In fact, I never understood how his death is actually funny. I really wasn't aware of its meme.

But since you brought up Bulma's part, it's rather sad because it reminds me of Naruto or Digimon for that matter though not as bad as Naruto imo. What I'm saying is we saw that moment and knowing the overall, it only comes down to one thought: Aww, how much those won't matters. Case in point, Sakura with Naruto, the obvious points. But I guess it does count since that moment and all. Just seem so odd that he would cheat or whatever excuse and Vegeta pretty much bastard Trunks. Seinen much?

#212 Catra

Catra

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,112 posts

Posted 12 January 2016 - 09:12 PM

yeah i never ever liked bulma. ever. she just came off as that annoying token female who has to represent girl power in a team full of muscle bound men.

as for vegeta, it took him 3 saga's to actually develop.

saiyan saga: villainous butthole

namek/ginyu/frieza saga: sassy butthole

trunks/android/cell saga: arrogant and still a buthole

buu saga: proud father who faces the consequences

heck even toriyama himself didn't like vegeta and wondered why people liked him. looking back at some of his fights, against frieza in particular; he did worse than yamcha did against the saibaman. at least yamcha got the thing laying on the ground and resorted it to a kamikaze. frieza played with vegeta who then CRIED. i understand its supposed to be emotional but this guy murdered innocent namekians when he didn't have to. I'm not feeling sorry for him. speaking of frieza in some of his fights he comes off no better than frieza. when nothing seems to be going his way, he resorts to name calling (noticeable when he fights 18) and when he loses he whines and moans and gloats how he's going to be the very best like no one ever was. i never understood why people found this as inspirational. we all knew he wasnt the hero who was destined to be the silver medal forever.

Edited by Catra, 12 January 2016 - 09:16 PM.

#213 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 12 January 2016 - 09:20 PM

The funny thing is I like that part of Frieza vs. Vegeta because well, it's the old saying goes, "when a strong man cries, the world is coming to an end." Maybe Toriyama don't know his own strength. If Kishi is telling the truth about red herring, he don't know what he had for romance. Actually, just in general. Not saying it will be a masterpiece, but I feel like writers don't know what gem they created. I mean if they come upfront and admit it, then we read it right. If not and go "huh?..." then we read too much into it.

Again, blame Toriyama on Bulma. DB was fine, more or less, seeing it feels like every saga is a new story but Goku is your forever protagonist. Then it changed a lot but that's another story.

Yeah, I do know he don't like Vegeta but maybe he kept accidentally make him look like a character. It's like you either make him a badass or a character. Should have made him a Kaguya: blank and boring.

#214 Catra

Catra

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,112 posts

Posted 12 January 2016 - 09:31 PM

its funny because back in my elementary days when I first saw dragonball/z I didn't care about plot or characterization, I just enjoyed watching people get beaten up XD i remember liking goku because 1. he was the strongest and 2. people kept relying on him heavily, that way knowing that everything is gonna work out. and you're gonna get one hell of a fight while you're at it.

its amazing how you grow and look back at the things you used to love and realize all the little things that might bug you or doesn't fit right.

i never once thought about the creator of the show (manga in this case) back in the day, now that im older i always have the author or maker or whoevers in charge in the back of my mind when i notice something fishy

#215 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 12 January 2016 - 09:42 PM

That's pretty much like for everyone here, or at least me as well. DBZ movies for sure for me as well since I was biased towards to the weaker they are, the less impressive they are, when really it's about the entertainment. I mean in a way, by default, Broly movie will be the best one but if you think outside that box, it's really not.

To be fair, Gintama did make fun of Vegeta as well, pointing out all the flaws (father, causing more harm, etc.) and it was hysterical, but they had to defend it because one character loves Vegeta and she happened to be a critic that can close down a shop. I choked when one of them pulled out the infamous peace sign from Vegeta to Trunks. But yeah, no one is perfect and it is sad that popularity can overshadow the actual good perks of a character or so.

#216 Catra

Catra

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,112 posts

Posted 12 January 2016 - 09:59 PM

yeah when i first saw broly i was unimpressed. it was too long, broly didn't seem as impressive as cell and his reasons were meh. i liked coolers revenge, tree of might and history of trunks the best

#217 TheFirstEvil100

TheFirstEvil100

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,495 posts
  • Interests:Reading and watching Naruto, play on my PS3 playing on my Pokemon games mainly Pokemon X right now I also like watching good Horror films.

Posted 12 January 2016 - 10:14 PM

yeah when i first saw broly i was unimpressed. it was too long, broly didn't seem as impressive as cell and his reasons were meh. i liked coolers revenge, tree of might and history of trunks the best

Yeah I don't like Broly either and the fans do piss me off big time saying he is the best or he has the most films, it gets old very fast.

#218 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 12 January 2016 - 10:39 PM

Well I can understand why they think highly of him (minus more movies part...) but that still don't make him that great let alone movie.

#219 rocci

rocci

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,708 posts

Posted 12 January 2016 - 11:07 PM

Vegeta is the so called rival of goku, Eventhought goku is unrival.

Yamcha is weak.

Bulma is cool character.

#220 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 12 January 2016 - 11:11 PM

Vegeta is the so called rival of goku, Eventhought goku is unrival.

Yamcha is weak.

Bulma is cool character.

The one thing I noticed about the newer works is the use of going back to dragon ball days or recapture some of those spirits. More DB comedy style, more interactions, and less serious. On one hand, that's nice. On the other hand, it lacks tension. I feel like he really shouldn't done the path he did. You know, power up frenzy. That's why it's cool with series that has no real power up, because they can be timeless. DB is struggling to create "danger," much like with Boruto at least.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users