Posted 07 October 2015 - 02:30 AM

not to mention from what i've seen he does everyones jobs

#21182 tricksie

tricksie

Legendary Ninja

• ANBU
  • 3,655 posts

Posted 07 October 2015 - 05:35 PM

That's something I brought up again and again in response to people who kept saying he should become Hokage right after the war - Naruto and Sasuke may have great power, but neither have shown to possess the intelligence, strategic/tactical mindset, nor emotional stability to handle the position, especially if there ever came another time of war. 

In fact, just being a chunin sounds like too much for either of them outside of power, which the Chunin Exams in the series made sure to hammer into peoples' heads (not just about power, but about leadership and strategy and such) and why Shikamaru was the only one (from Konoha at least) at the time to advance due to his tactical mindset, despite being one of the "weakest" in terms of big, flashy moves or physical prowess. The only reason Naruto is a "successful" Hokage right now is because, from what we're actually shown, he's pretty much done nothing of such vital importance; just stamping paperwork, posing for cameras, and other menial mayoral duties. Anything more difficult is more than likely simply left on Shikamaru's lap to handle, so Shikamaru may as well be the actual Hokage.

Yes, if someone actually cared about the story, they would have done a third arc with a solid plot line and resolution.

Something where the rookies mature and Naruto and Sasuk go off to become sage's in their own right. Then in the end they come back to fight each other for control of the village, each one wanting to run it they way they think is best, one through love and one through power. And maybe they come to some resolution like Sarutobi and Danzo, with the Naruto leading the Leaf shinobi on the surface and Sasuke leading a less-cruel rebooted ROOT made up of super-talented shinobis like he had been.

All other stories and characters could have be touched on and resolved. And the romance aspect could have been satisfactorily built up and then resolved.

But...they didn't want to go that route. And so we're left with a mess of a story that makes no sense to the fans who've been with reading it for a while. 

#21183 Narufan85

Narufan85

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,412 posts

Posted 07 October 2015 - 10:08 PM

Yes, if someone actually cared about the story, they would have done a third arc with a solid plot line and resolution.

Something where the rookies mature and Naruto and Sasuk go off to become sage's in their own right. Then in the end they come back to fight each other for control of the village, each one wanting to run it they way they think is best, one through love and one through power. And maybe they come to some resolution like Sarutobi and Danzo, with the Naruto leading the Leaf shinobi on the surface and Sasuke leading a less-cruel rebooted ROOT made up of super-talented shinobis like he had been.

All other stories and characters could have be touched on and resolved. And the romance aspect could have been satisfactorily built up and then resolved.

But...they didn't want to go that route. And so we're left with a mess of a story that makes no sense to the fans who've been with reading it for a while. 

It says a lot that about 4 minutes of thinking allows most posters here to think up better ways to resolve Naruto than did Kishi.

#21184 TheFirstEvil100

TheFirstEvil100

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,495 posts
  • Interests:Reading and watching Naruto, play on my PS3 playing on my Pokemon games mainly Pokemon X right now I also like watching good Horror films.

Posted 08 October 2015 - 07:14 PM

11374472_1456844781279295_1143089326_n.j

#21185 Konoha'sCrimsonFox

Konoha'sCrimsonFox

Solo Leveler

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,079 posts
  • Interests:Anime, manga, manhwa, manhua, video games, novels, web novels, 3D comics, drones and RC driving. Writing web novels.

Posted 17 October 2015 - 06:05 PM

11201172_477836579087870_595554197604043

12119177_477011342503727_162803562066849

Edited by Konoha'sCrimsonFox, 17 October 2015 - 06:16 PM.

200w.gif?cid=6c09b952upk4zqyleuyocv60f0z

"My name is Sung Ji-woo. Some called me the Assassin of Death. A Necromancer Deity... My journey has been nothing but walking over a mountain of corpses. My legion of the dead reigns supreme. None shall block my way or... face the wrath of my blades!" --Solo Leveling.

#21186 Namikaze Clan

Namikaze Clan

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,684 posts

Posted 22 October 2015 - 05:19 AM

This may seem a bit random, but I'm disappointed that we don't know anything about Hanabi after part 2. Like did she get married? Become clan head? Nothing

#21187 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 22 October 2015 - 05:20 AM

This may seem a bit random, but I'm disappointed that we don't know anything about Hanabi after part 2. Like did she get married? Become clan head? Nothing

Only used for Hinata.

#21188 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,565 posts

Posted 22 October 2015 - 05:55 AM

The thing is that Naruto does show some good leadership traits throughout the manga. He is able to inspire people through his words and actions, he's got grit and determination, he's hard working, he leads by example and is good in a crisis situation, he is emphatic and can listen to other advice (sometimes) and so on. The things he needed to work on could be fix by time and experience.

But here what we have been shown since the ending.

The Last Naruto is 18-19 years old in this movie. So he is an adult in this movie in theory so he should come off more mature and more experience than he was in the manga. I have not watch it to be honest, but from what i understand his role on the team was muscle as well as to bodyguard the bait Hinata and to fall in love with the bait (because that was really the baits main goal not rescuing her sister). He contributes nothing to the mission in terms of planning or anything (other than maybe a charge in the enemies stronghold or being the first to attack the bad guy when they appear) and all the decision are left up to Shikamaru along with his second and third in command Sakura and Sai. And this was suppose to be The Last Story focused on Naruto. So this should have in theory shown us the best of Naruto including his leadership abilities. But no here he a simple minded brute that told to hit this or kitten someone on command and makes the Naruto for the manga look like a genius by comparison.

Novels from what i understand everyone basically keep him out of the entire plots as much as they can (the hostage situation with Kakashi's or Shikamaru's mission) and his only real purpose is to date hinata which seems to be the only they let him do in the village.

That movie one shot kakashi and shikamaru had so little faith in Naruto actually arriving on time. That they had a back up plan on the ready without a second thought.

Gaiden Naruto just seems bored with his job and relys on kakashi and shikamaru for advice or to hold his hands. Also his fighting skills have gotten rusty.

The Bolt Movie he is the celebrity hokage that basically it. He is hokage cause he looks better on camera than shikamaru (i guess).

So instead of Naruto looking like he grown into what he always wanted to be. A hokage who surpassed all his predecessors. which was his stated goal in the very first chapter. He instead looks like a puppet hokage that is merely hokage cause kakashi wanted to retire and shikamaru didn't want the title. (Also Naruto can be a bit more charismatic than shikamaru.) Who is simple a mouth piece for his advisers policies. At least that the impression I'm getting from every story they produce since the manga ended.

Edited by Bail o' Lies, 22 October 2015 - 09:51 PM.

#21189 Konoha'sCrimsonFox

Konoha'sCrimsonFox

Solo Leveler

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,079 posts
  • Interests:Anime, manga, manhwa, manhua, video games, novels, web novels, 3D comics, drones and RC driving. Writing web novels.

Posted 22 October 2015 - 08:06 AM

Well I know for certain (deep down inside) that there is going to be a November 10 interview, marking the 1 year anniversary of the completion of Naruto manga. 

"My name is Sung Ji-woo. Some called me the Assassin of Death. A Necromancer Deity... My journey has been nothing but walking over a mountain of corpses. My legion of the dead reigns supreme. None shall block my way or... face the wrath of my blades!" --Solo Leveling.

#21190 Ryriena

Ryriena

Texas born and Raised

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 665 posts
  • Interests:Anime/Manga, history, unexplained mysteries, linguistics, geology, astrology, astro physics, chemistry, astronomy, sport cars, and racing cars, monster trucks, quantum mechanics and particle physics

Anime/Manga - Gaming

NaruSaku, Ash x Misty, (Pokyshiping) Ichigo x Rukia, Kiba/Hinata, Ichigo x Orihime, Uryū x Orihime, Cullen x Amell, Alastair x Warden, Cullen x Female Inqustior Ed x Winnry, Spike x May Valatine, Kaiden Alekno x Female Shepard, Garus x Female Shepard, Joker x Female Shepard, Angg x Katara, Zuko x Katara, Mako x Kora ( Avatar the last air bender - Legend of Kora) I don't see the ending of Kora as canon since its more of a fan service ending, since the canon pairing is not a properly developed paring.

VLD pairing: Plance, Shiro x Adam, Hunk x Shay, Kallura
    anti Allurance

The Dragon Prince: Cullum x Rayla

TV pairings
    Casket(Castle)
    Angel x Buffy, Buffy x Spike, Angel x Cordila Chase (Buffy the Vampire Slayer), Booth x Bones (bones)
    Tony x Ziva David, Abby x Timothy McGee, Timothy x Delia (NCIS)
    Dean x Castiel, Sam x Gabriel, Sam x Elaine, Dean x Jo (Supernatural)

Comics parings: Supes x Lois Lang, Peter Parker x Mary Jay Waston, Captian x Black Widow, Hawke Eye x Black Widow, Jean Grey x Cyclops, Jean x Wolverine, Rouge x Gambit, Batman x Slilena Kyle, Bruce x Black Widow

Movies pairings: Jurassic Park series (Owen x Claire, Malcome x Sarah) Han x Leia, Luke x Maria Jade, Finn x Rey, FinnPoe (Star Wars)

Dislikes Supes x Wonder Woman, as it's basically turns a feminist icon in to a baby maker, NaruHinata, Sasuke x Sakura abusive relationship ahoy.

Posted 22 October 2015 - 10:42 AM

And it's going to be more anger
Them Duke boys never meant no harm.--------> my childhood.
Freedom of speech is no laughing matter, since it does take one person to stand up for the right too speak out.
firma__op__luffyxnami_nu__out__by_pjxd23

#21191 Konoha'sCrimsonFox

Konoha'sCrimsonFox

Solo Leveler

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,079 posts

Posted 22 October 2015 - 11:54 AM

He better not talk about pairings unless he confirms he will redo the ending. he should just move on and talk about his new project instead, but I know that's is unlikely.

#21192 Nostradamus

Nostradamus

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,022 posts

Posted 22 October 2015 - 12:49 PM

Hanabi? What's that?

Must be a plot device for the main character - Hinata.

CZSn9hA.jpg

Which I've told you - time and time again - is dangerous! There will never be consensus, son, among those you have helped to ascend. They will all differ in their views of what it means to be free. The peace you so desperately seek does not exist.

These men are united now by a common cause. But when this battle is finished they will fall to fighting amongst themselves about how best to ensure control. In time it will lead to war. You will see.

#21193 Namikaze Clan

Namikaze Clan

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,684 posts

Posted 22 October 2015 - 04:38 PM

Well I know for certain (deep down inside) that there is going to be a November 10 interview, marking the 1 year anniversary of the completion of Naruto manga. 

The series ended on the 5th though. That's two weeks from now

#21194 rocci

rocci

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,708 posts

Posted 22 October 2015 - 04:42 PM

@bail
Naruto has zero leadership. Sasuke with all his lone wolf & individuality is more leader than him. That's sad.

#21195 griff142

griff142

Member of Kishi's execution squad

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 430 posts
  • Interests:I love anime. I am also a football geek and video game nerd.

Posted 22 October 2015 - 06:09 PM

Naruto is a shame. My friend online says Hinata was the true choice and Sakura was never there for Naruto. Ugh I hate western people to a passion besides you guys ofcourse. Honestly any other Manga like this we can agree for the most part but when it comes to Naruto it is war and complete crap. It really baffles me to no end.

#21196 Konoha'sCrimsonFox

Konoha'sCrimsonFox

Solo Leveler

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,079 posts

Posted 22 October 2015 - 06:16 PM

The series ended on the 5th though. That's two weeks from now

Japan time is the 10th. Us is the 6th  :sweat:

#21197 NaruSaku fan in Kentucky

NaruSaku fan in Kentucky

Kyuubi

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,051 posts
  • Interests:Likes Kentucky Basketball, NaruSaku and Godzilla.

Dislikes Sasuke SasuSaku NaruHina and the Louisville Cardnials.

Posted 22 October 2015 - 06:33 PM

I know Hinata didn't show up in the Manga until later early chapters but did she show up in the first episode of the anime?

Edited by NaruSaku fan in Kentucky, 22 October 2015 - 06:34 PM.

509356167_759751.gif?4

#21198 RedFaction

RedFaction

Legendary Pirate

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,417 posts

Posted 22 October 2015 - 06:46 PM

I know Hinata didn't show up in the Manga until later early chapters but did she show up in the first episode of the anime?

Yes, she was in the first episode of the anime.

#21199 NaruSaku fan in Kentucky

NaruSaku fan in Kentucky

Kyuubi

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,051 posts
  • Interests:Likes Kentucky Basketball, NaruSaku and Godzilla.

Dislikes Sasuke SasuSaku NaruHina and the Louisville Cardnials.

Posted 22 October 2015 - 07:13 PM

Yes, she was in the first episode of the anime.

I thought so. I wonder... what if she didn't show up in the anime first, would she still be as popular?

Edited by NaruSaku fan in Kentucky, 22 October 2015 - 07:14 PM.

509356167_759751.gif?4

#21200 griff142

griff142

Member of Kishi's execution squad

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 430 posts
  • Interests:I love anime. I am also a football geek and video game nerd.

Posted 22 October 2015 - 07:17 PM

I thought so. I wonder... what if she didn't show up in the anime first, would she still be as popular?

Trust me the fans would have pushed her no matter what. They weren't going away. Heck I bet if she was shown on the last part of the Manga there would be still idiots loving her to no end. Screw the fans of her.

Edited by griff142, 22 October 2015 - 07:18 PM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: naruto, wtf, discuss

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users