219 replies to this topic

#181 Gravenimage

Gravenimage

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,535 posts

Posted 19 March 2010 - 04:47 PM

Perhaps the end of this arc is the beginning of Sakura becoming a true heroine. Knowing how over protective she is of Naruto she will obviously will train hard to get stronger than she already is. Perhaps Shizune will help her in the training as well teaching her new techniques, I wouldn't mind if she sings the slug contract becoming the next slug princess. Sakura is still my favorite female character she's the most human of them all and with this her faith for Naruto has increased ten folds. Maybe she can finally embraced her feelings for Naruto more perhaps Karin might help her.

Edited by Gravenimage, 19 March 2010 - 06:52 PM.

Gravenimage

Lone Wolf of the Grave

#182 Dreamer

Dreamer

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,952 posts

Posted 19 March 2010 - 05:00 PM

I think when Tsunade wakes up, she'll realize she can't live forever and will hopefully pass the slug contract down to Sakura, while Naruto is off training as well. happy.gif

Edited by Uzumakikage, 19 March 2010 - 05:02 PM.

#183 ShippudenGirl

ShippudenGirl

Happy-Go-Lucky

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,539 posts

Posted 19 March 2010 - 06:53 PM

Hi my peeps!

QUOTE (Uzumakikage @ Mar 19 2010, 06:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think when Tsunade wakes up, she'll realize she can't live forever and will hopefully pass the slug contract down to Sakura, while Naruto is off training as well. happy.gif

I like that idea, I mean Naruto got his Frogs/Toads so Sakura should get her slugs xD. For Sasuke- well he abused all of his summonings, I think there all dead x)

*Wants giant frog* D:

#184 dfammer

dfammer

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 207 posts

Posted 19 March 2010 - 08:27 PM

How come Naruto and Sakura get the "slimey" critters? I mean were bunnies and squirrels Taken? rolleyes.gif

#185 Dreamer

Dreamer

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,952 posts

Posted 19 March 2010 - 08:32 PM

QUOTE (dfammer @ Mar 19 2010, 03:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
How come Naruto and Sakura get the "slimey" critters? I mean were bunnies and squirrels Taken? rolleyes.gif

Who, knows. laugh.gif I was hoping Naruto could of made a contract with the giant chameleon during part one, all he had to of done was sign his name on the scroll he had while he was stuck inside the chameleon/iguana.

#186 dfammer

dfammer

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 207 posts

Posted 19 March 2010 - 08:41 PM

If he had taken the chameleon he could have blended in and maybe Sakura's kunei(my spelling sucks) wound have missed him,and hit Sasuke! wacko.gif

#187 ShippudenGirl

ShippudenGirl

Happy-Go-Lucky

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,539 posts

Posted 19 March 2010 - 08:43 PM

QUOTE (dfammer @ Mar 19 2010, 08:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That's a misconseption, not all frogs/Toads are slimy as you can see with Boss Gama (Thats his name right?) anyways, slugs can be slimy though, but I don't exactly see Sakura riding one. Jiraiya/Tsunade vs Orochimaru... Naruto/Sakura vs Sasuke parallel on summons would be epic xD

#188 Dreamer

Dreamer

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,952 posts

Posted 19 March 2010 - 08:48 PM

QUOTE (ShippudenGirl @ Mar 19 2010, 03:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
That's a misconseption, not all frogs/Toads are slimy as you can see with Boss Gama (Thats his name right?) anyways, slugs can be slimy though, but I don't exactly see Sakura riding one. Jiraiya/Tsunade vs Orochimaru... Naruto/Sakura vs Sasuke parallel on summons would be epic xD

One of my favorite Chibi team 7 pics --Click here to view--

#189 ShippudenGirl

ShippudenGirl

Happy-Go-Lucky

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,539 posts

Posted 19 March 2010 - 08:53 PM

QUOTE (Uzumakikage @ Mar 19 2010, 08:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
One of my favorite Chibi team 7 pics --Click here to view--

Lmao. I images it a little less cute xD, like blood and epic SM and Sakura doin some sort of epic special slug thing (kinda like SM) now that'd be cool.

Okay, back on topic...

Kabutomaru :]

#190 crazyefra

crazyefra

Academy Teacher

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 679 posts
  • Interests:Living, Having a lot of friends. <br />In terms of music, anything but Bachata (excluding Juan Luis Guerra), Reggaeton and Merengue. <br />In terms of anime and T.V. shows, Naruto, Bleach, Kekkaishi, Psych, Burn Notice, Mythbusters, Family Guy, Attack of the Show, White Collar, Heroes. <br />In terms of movies, anything but Twilight, &quot;girly&quot; movies, high school &quot;dramas&quot;, horror movies (excluding zombie flicks). <br />In terms of fanfics, I only read stories with NS as the pairing or Naruharem fics with Sakura being part of it and nothing where Sakura or Naruto gets bashed constantly and killed like if they were animals.

Posted 19 March 2010 - 09:05 PM

Why are you guys calling him kabutomaru when in the manga is only kabuto?

----------------
Now playing: Oasis - Don't Look Back In Anger
via FoxyTunes
そして、あなたの声は私が聞いたすべてだった
しかし、私に値するものを手に入れる

Pairings:
Naruto: NaruSaku, (Fem)NaruSaku, NaruSasu (as brothers, rivals, best friends), ShikaTema, NaruInoSaku, NaruHarem (excluding Hinata), MinaKushi, ChouIno, YahiKona
Fairy Tail: NatsuLucy, NatsuErza :D
Bleach: IchiRukia

Characters:
Naruto: Naruto, Sakura, Shikamaru, Konan, Gaara, Kushina, Kakashi, Ino
Fairy Tail: Erza, Happy, Natsu, Grey, Lucy, Gajeel
Bleach: Ichigo, Nell, Kenpachi, Rukia, Karin, Kon

Misc.: Linkin Park, Green Day

In between Anti and Pro: --Click here to view--

Pairings:
Naruto: NaruSakuHina, SakuHina, NaruTayu, KibaHina, SakuKarin
Bleach: IchiHime

Characters:
Naruto: Hinata, Tayuya, Karin, Itachi
Bleach: Orihime, Chad

Misc.: Yuri :D

Pairings:
Naruto: SasuSaku, NaruHina, NaruSasu (as gay lovers), KakaSaku, SasuAnyone, ShikaIno

Characters:
Naruto: Sasuke, Madara, "fanon" Hinata (not to be confused with canon Hinata), Kabuto
Bleach: Aizen, Yamamoto

Misc.:Twilight, Yaoi, Fillers, Sakura bashing

#191 ciardha

ciardha

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,308 posts
  • Interests:Narusaku, cosplay, writing fanfiction, dollfies, Japanese history. literature and culture, linguistics, ancient Celtic history, literature, and culture, Wicca, women's history, Buffy and Spike, Rogue and Gambit, Miaka and Taka, John Lennon and Yoko Ono, sewing, reading, many shoujo and josei manga series, Star Trek, Star Wars, liberal and feminist activism

Posted 19 March 2010 - 09:16 PM

QUOTE (dfammer @ Mar 19 2010, 04:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It comes from the Japanese tale where Tsunade, Jiraiya and Orochimaru's names come from. In the story Jiraiya and Tsunade were married, Jiraiya mastered Toad magic, Tsunade snail/slug magic, and the villain, a former ally, Orochimaru snake magic.
Dream you dream alone is only a dream, but dream we dream together is reality- Yoko Ono 1971

When you go to war, both sides lose totally- Yoko Ono

Remember, our hearts are one. Even when we are at war with each other, our hearts are always beating in unison- Yoko Ono 2009

#192 ShippudenGirl

ShippudenGirl

Happy-Go-Lucky

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,539 posts

Posted 19 March 2010 - 09:39 PM

QUOTE (ciardha @ Mar 19 2010, 10:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It comes from the Japanese tale where Tsunade, Jiraiya and Orochimaru's names come from. In the story Jiraiya and Tsunade were married, Jiraiya mastered Toad magic, Tsunade snail/slug magic, and the villain, a former ally, Orochimaru snake magic.

Lmao xD Oh my goodness. That's just rich. Maybe instead Naruto and Sakura will be married pictureem0.gif

#193 No WhereMan

No WhereMan

H&E's Dark Knight

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,264 posts
  • Interests:Star Wars, Writing, reading, Warhammer, WoW, Naruto, Anime in general. Movies, HK KungFu Movies, D&amp;D, video games (SFIV!!!) and various other things.

Posted 19 March 2010 - 09:53 PM

QUOTE (Uzumakikage @ Mar 19 2010, 04:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Who, knows. laugh.gif I was hoping Naruto could of made a contract with the giant chameleon during part one, all he had to of done was sign his name on the scroll he had while he was stuck inside the chameleon/iguana.

Pfft...Chameleon? I would have went for a Wolverine. Yeah, I'd like one of those.

QUOTE (crazyefra @ Mar 19 2010, 05:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Why are you guys calling him kabutomaru when in the manga is only kabuto?

Also the Kabutomaru, is because Kabuto absorbed the remains of Orochumaru. So it's just a play on both their names.

Inciddently, you know the 8 ninja tracking hounds that Kakashi always summons. Why does he have the other 7 when Pakkun always finds everyone?

Edited by No WhereMan, 19 March 2010 - 09:59 PM.

batman-arkham-city-wallpaper-wallpaper-0xl_batman_arkham_origins_logo.jpg

#194 Mik3

Mik3

Dame a raise un perdedor.

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,843 posts
  • Interests:games, anime, music. just chilling.

Posted 19 March 2010 - 10:25 PM

QUOTE (ciardha @ Mar 19 2010, 12:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well, no, it's not that she couldn't have it, it was the violent world they live in that took love away from her, which is what happens to a lot of characters male and female. She had love with Dan for several years and she was quite ready, (once she finally saw through the game Jiraiya had been playing all those years- he finally let his mask over his feelings slip) to have a relationship with Jiraiya.

Chiyo was married and had a child and grandson, lived a long (for the violent world they live in) life and was strong and competent. Yoshino (Shikamaru's mother) may be a "housewife" but we know she's the powerful one in the relationship, Shikaku answers to her and seems quite comfortable with her being the "dominant" one in their relationship. (it's a more equitable extension of the 20th century Japanese household like Kishimoto would have grown up in. Where the wife did make household decisions but acted deferential to her husband- what Fugaku and Mikoto's relationship looked to be) And we hear from Shikaku (and later Jiraiya) that men are best in relationships with emotionally strong women. (Kishimoto has a kind of John Stuart Mill/Ashley Montagu sensibility)

Konan as well, although not the fighter Nagato or Yahiko were, appears to be emotionally stronger than either. We see some of that in Sakura too, plus Sakura can be a strong fighter at times- she took down the giant centipede in one blow that male Jonin ninja were fleeing from, and we know those animal summons were extremely powerful from other characters battles with them. The destruction of Konoha arc actually was probably the best Kishimoto has ever written Sakura: she was strong, intelligent, compassionate.

I think a lot of people overlook her part in konohas invasion. She did step up big time just like Tsunade does. sakura is a failry strong willed person, especially in battle even when she was younger. It became more obvious to people when she fought Sasori. The only problems she has had is with sasuke, a former teammate and object of her affection for a good while of her life. And Naruto, Kakashi have been teh same way, none of them want to kill Sasuke.

And I don't see what she said coming off as passive. Even Kakashi saidhe would leave Sasuke to Naruto. It HAS to be Sasuke and Naruto who fight with nobody else involved.
\

#195 ShippudenGirl

ShippudenGirl

Happy-Go-Lucky

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,539 posts

Posted 19 March 2010 - 10:47 PM

I would lol if Sakura got to help Naruto fight Sasuke for like 5 mins before she gets thrown out. Lmao xD

#196 RedDelicious

RedDelicious

Chuunin

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 558 posts

Posted 19 March 2010 - 11:34 PM

QUOTE (Mik3 @ Mar 19 2010, 04:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think a lot of people overlook her part in konohas invasion. She did step up big time just like Tsunade does. sakura is a failry strong willed person, especially in battle even when she was younger. It became more obvious to people when she fought Sasori. The only problems she has had is with sasuke, a former teammate and object of her affection for a good while of her life. And Naruto, Kakashi have been teh same way, none of them want to kill Sasuke.

Good point. While I'd like to see her "step up" more, she is the medic ninja. I'm trying to remember who said it (Tsunade? Kakashi?), but when the medic ninja goes down, the team is basically screwed. It is probably part of training that the medic should never be on the front line while there are other team members still active.

#197 Verilance

Verilance

Examiner

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 995 posts
  • Interests:Whatever comes to mind

Posted 19 March 2010 - 11:56 PM

QUOTE (dfammer @ Mar 19 2010, 04:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

because they are the disciples of Jiraiya (toad) Tsunade (Slug) and Orochimaru (snake)

this is all tied up in Japanese legend

Jiraiya and Tsunade were married and Orochimaru was their son? I beleive but it has been awhile since I looked at the info

this is from wikipedia - the source of all knowledge?

Jiraiya (児雷也 - literally "young thunder"), the title character of the Japanese folktale Jiraiya Goketsu Monogatari (児雷也豪傑物語, "The tale of the gallant Jiraiya"), is a ninja who uses shapeshifting magic to morph into a gigantic toad. The heir of a powerful clan in Kyūshū of the same name, Jiraiya fell in love with Tsunade, a beautiful young princess who masters snail magic. His arch-enemy was his one-time follower, Orochimaru, who mastered snake magic.

on further reflection could be see the source off all Narusaku goodness here

Naruto and Sakura and now Sasuke being their arch enemy hmmmmm

something to reflect on anyway

Edited by Verilance, 20 March 2010 - 12:08 AM.

Yotsubato! - Enjoy Everything!

#198 dfammer

dfammer

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 207 posts

Posted 20 March 2010 - 12:09 AM

QUOTE (Verilance @ Mar 19 2010, 07:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
because they are the disciples of Jiraiya (toad) Tsunade (Slug) and Orochimaru (snake)

this is all tied up in Japanese legend

Jiraiya and Tsunade were married and Orochimaru was their son? I beleive but it has been awhile since I looked at the info

this is from wikipedia - the source of all knowledge?

Jiraiya (児雷也 - literally "young thunder"), the title character of the Japanese folktale Jiraiya Goketsu Monogatari (児雷也豪傑物語, "The tale of the gallant Jiraiya"), is a ninja who uses shapeshifting magic to morph into a gigantic toad. The heir of a powerful clan in Kyūshū of the same name, Jiraiya fell in love with Tsunade, a beautiful young princess who masters snail magic. His arch-enemy was his one-time follower, Orochimaru, who mastered snake magic.

on further reflection could be see the source off all Narusaku goodness here

Naruto and Sakura and now Sasuke being their arch enemy hmmmmm

something to reflect on

anywaycool story(you guys know I was kidding right?) laugh.gif

#199 No WhereMan

No WhereMan

H&E's Dark Knight

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,264 posts
  • Interests:Star Wars, Writing, reading, Warhammer, WoW, Naruto, Anime in general. Movies, HK KungFu Movies, D&amp;D, video games (SFIV!!!) and various other things.

Posted 20 March 2010 - 12:10 AM

QUOTE (RedDelicious @ Mar 19 2010, 07:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Good point. While I'd like to see her "step up" more, she is the medic ninja. I'm trying to remember who said it (Tsunade? Kakashi?), but when the medic ninja goes down, the team is basically screwed. It is probably part of training that the medic should never be on the front line while there are other team members still active.

I remember Tsunade mentioned something like that. I'm rewatching the Shippuuden episodes and remember one of the parts of Sakura's training, Sakura was informed that one of the most important jobs of a medical ninja is not to be killed or injured.

I think Kakashi later on, ordered Sakura to stand in the background so she wouldn't be injured.

batman-arkham-city-wallpaper-wallpaper-0xl_batman_arkham_origins_logo.jpg

#200 Verilance

Verilance

Examiner

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 995 posts
  • Interests:Whatever comes to mind

Posted 20 March 2010 - 12:22 AM

figured you were I just wanted to add that in case other people didn't know about how much Kishimoto has borrowed from Japanese legend

a fact that as i stated also points to Narusaku if anything else

Yotsubato! - Enjoy Everything!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users