Close
Photo

The Official SasuKarin Thread

SasuKarin Uchiha Sasuke Karin

• Please log in to reply
217 replies to this topic

Poll: SasuKarin Poll (77 member(s) have cast votes)

Rate how much you like SasuKarin. 10 is the highest rating while 1 is the lowest.

1. 10 (12 votes [15.58%])

Percentage of vote: 15.58%

2. 9 (7 votes [9.09%])

Percentage of vote: 9.09%

3. 8 (9 votes [11.69%])

Percentage of vote: 11.69%

4. 7 (11 votes [14.29%])

Percentage of vote: 14.29%

5. 6 (6 votes [7.79%])

Percentage of vote: 7.79%

6. 5 (9 votes [11.69%])

Percentage of vote: 11.69%

7. 4 (6 votes [7.79%])

Percentage of vote: 7.79%

8. 3 (1 votes [1.30%])

Percentage of vote: 1.30%

9. 2 (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

10. 1 (16 votes [20.78%])

Percentage of vote: 20.78%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#181 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 04 May 2014 - 05:21 AM

It was confusing though felt matured at parts with many straight faces from characters until the very end. Naruto was really at his serious mode, especially his moment with Sakura. I think the follow-up is needed to say, "this was worth it." So I can't judge until I read it again. It's confusing, but it felt matured.

#182 Gojira

Gojira

Kyuubi

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,217 posts

Posted 04 May 2014 - 05:52 AM

Does Sasuke have any hints for Karin that go beyond him telling Suigetsu to stop being a kitten to her? (legitimate question since Sasuke doesn't open to anyone)

eh10ut.jpg

#183 narusaku256

narusaku256

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,975 posts
  • Interests:Everything :D

Posted 04 May 2014 - 05:59 AM

Kage summit arc wasn't the best because it wasn't meant to be the best. It was a down point for the whole Team 7. Sasuke entering into his super psycho mode, Sakura's half fake/half true confession, Naruto portraying himself as an idiot and well Kakashi, the all time cool guy lost his cool and even he was upset at what Sasuke has become. It was a phase of serious transformation for Team 7. Kakashi came to acknowledge what Sasuke had become, Sakura came to terms with her feelings(stated by Kakashi) and was upset by facing the fact that Sasuke was infact never the person she really thought he was, Naruto vowing to bring Sasuke back no matter what, and Sasuke well, going from an emo to psycho and becoming very very cold. It was a down point for the team, which we cannot expect to be portrayed in a beautiful way. All we can get here is character development, positive or negative.

tumblr_nokgzxLJ4A1ts94lmo1_500.gif

#184 咲耶姫

咲耶姫

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,456 posts

Posted 04 May 2014 - 06:37 AM

Sakura came to terms with her feelings(stated by Kakashi) 

When did Kakashi stated that, I don't remember? On the contrary, he said that she wouldn't have been (emotionnaly) able to kill Sasuke herself. 

tumblr_nfrs3f8pa31qjba4uo2_400.gif

#185 narusaku256

narusaku256

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,975 posts

Posted 04 May 2014 - 06:46 AM

When did Kakashi stated that, I don't remember? On the contrary, he said that she wouldn't have been (emotionnaly) able to kill Sasuke herself. 

I don't remember whether it was stated in the manga or not, but as far as I remember, Kakashi's words in the anime were, "You came to terms with your feelings, didn't you Sakura?" and she clenched her chest and started crying, or gave that sort of expressions. It was just yesterday I saw this episode.

#186 咲耶姫

咲耶姫

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,456 posts

Posted 04 May 2014 - 07:09 AM

I don't remember whether it was stated in the manga or not, but as far as I remember, Kakashi's words in the anime were, "You came to terms with your feelings, didn't you Sakura?" and she clenched her chest and started crying, or gave that sort of expressions. It was just yesterday I saw this episode.

Which episode is it? Because if it's the same I was refering in my previous post, then it's a bad translation. Kakashi definitely says " And you know you aren't able to kill Sasuke, Sakura." I think that's the same epiosde you are talking about because I saw it yesterday too and Sakura reacted a little like you said. 

#187 catsi563

catsi563

catsitastrophe

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,195 posts
  • Interests:Naruto, Sakura, NaruSaku, pizza, dragons, tigers, wolves, cats, Slaying Ebil dragon windmill thingies, the moon, the ocean.

Posted 04 May 2014 - 07:21 AM

Sasukes hints come over the course of his interaction with Karin.

Need: Sasuke states Implicitly that he needs Karin. This is the ONE time he makes this very specific statement. A statement Sasuke loner central himself has never made about anyone not even team 7.

the fact that he takes her criticism without reservation or rebuke

the fact that he embraces for the first time in the manga one of its core themes of growing stronger by protecting someone precious, while he does this for all of Taka mind you, it is Karin who draws the actual change in power, ie the ability to control amateratsu.

Kanae has a far better grasp of specifics but those are some of the key hints for Sasuke to Karin

My dear you deserve a great wizard, but im afraid you'll have to settle for services of a second rate pick pocket - Smendrick The Last Unicorn

..(^)> PENGUIN!!!!
C(...)D
..m.m

Training with a sannin 2 1/2 years

new pair of gloves 20 ryou

the look on your best friend, and former sensei's face's when you cause a small earth quake. Princeless

Catsis Fan Fiction

#188 narusaku256

narusaku256

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,975 posts

Posted 04 May 2014 - 07:43 AM

Which episode is it? Because if it's the same I was refering in my previous post, then it's a bad translation. Kakashi definitely says " And you know you aren't able to kill Sasuke, Sakura." I think that's the same epiosde you are talking about because I saw it yesterday too and Sakura reacted a little like you said. 

Maybe it is the same episode! Oh boy! Not bad translation again! Btw I saw it on www.narutoget.com

Edited by narusaku256, 04 May 2014 - 07:44 AM.

#189 咲耶姫

咲耶姫

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,456 posts

Posted 04 May 2014 - 09:23 AM

Maybe it is the same episode! Oh boy! Not bad translation again! Btw I saw it on www.narutoget.com

After seeing the scene again, I can say that it's not the same episode you're talking about. Sakura was sad, but not crying while clenching her chest. So what episode number is the one you're refering? because I really don't know in which episode Kakashi could have say such a thing, it would be like affirming Sakura has no feeling anymore for Sasuke. 

#190 narusaku256

narusaku256

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,975 posts

Posted 04 May 2014 - 09:46 AM

After seeing the scene again, I can say that it's not the same episode you're talking about. Sakura was sad, but not crying while clenching her chest. So what episode number is the one you're refering? because I really don't know in which episode Kakashi could have say such a thing, it would be like affirming Sakura has no feeling anymore for Sasuke. 

www.narutoget.com episode 215 Two Fates. As soon as Naruto saves Sakura bridal style and Kakashi comes to their aid, he utters those words. Now, I don't know if the anime put it!

#191 咲耶姫

咲耶姫

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,456 posts

Posted 04 May 2014 - 10:12 AM

www.narutoget.com episode 215 Two Fates. As soon as Naruto saves Sakura bridal style and Kakashi comes to their aid, he utters those words. Now, I don't know if the anime put it!

Then it was the episode I was talking about, and it's definitely a bad translation. kakashi did say she wasn't able to kill him. 

I just saw the japanese dubbed version and I understand what Kakashi said, he said "Also, you already undestood your feelings/how you feel.", meaning she's not able to kill him because of her feelings. I was refering to the french translations before that. That's why the translation is so different. 

Edited by 咲耶姫, 04 May 2014 - 10:27 AM.

#192 narusaku256

narusaku256

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,975 posts

Posted 04 May 2014 - 10:28 AM

Then it was the episode I was talking about, and it's definitely a bad translation. kakashi did say she wasn't able to kill him. 

DARN! Anyways, thank you for informing about the bad translation. I guess, I'll have to change the site for watching the episodes of war arc!

#193 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 04 May 2014 - 11:18 AM

Does Sasuke have any hints for Karin that go beyond him telling Suigetsu to stop being a kitten to her? (legitimate question since Sasuke doesn't open to anyone)

The only one I, the key word is I, can think of is the Killer Bee scene. We once established that Sasuke only brought them for his goal to kill Itachi, but now, we learned that he truly do care. Now, the tricky part is the setup with Karin being the one being in great danger. Sasuke didn't want to leave her to die, yet it was said that fire is impossible to take out. He tried all of his strength to the point he established new technique. Not only that, but he said her name in her mind, so it's clear he don't want her specifically to die. After that, new technique was made. Turns out that it happened due to love.

Now, I said tricky because this one isn't really clear. Was it done because of team? Was it done because it was her? Later events suggest the latter, but time will tell what's the real answer. Well, we know she can scare Sasuke.

#194 Yami_no_Princess

Yami_no_Princess

Academy Student

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 45 posts

Posted 04 May 2014 - 02:42 PM

Sasuke apologized to her. That's something Sasuke simply never does. The fact that Karin can make Sasuke do or say things he normally wouldn't, is very telling. 

#195 sushi.

sushi.

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,073 posts
  • Interests:I'm still alive! more active on twitter :)

Posted 04 May 2014 - 02:46 PM

Sasuke apologized to her. That's something Sasuke simply never does. The fact that Karin can make Sasuke do or say things he normally wouldn't, is very telling. 

Not only that, he said 'sumanakatta'. It wasn't a simple sorry, Japanese readers understand that he was begging for forgiveness.

And Suigetsu said 'we shouldn't get between Sasuke and Karin'. And she was his favourite. And that smile! He hasn't smiled like that to anyone except her after tha massacre.

ナルサク

#196 Yami_no_Princess

Yami_no_Princess

Academy Student

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 45 posts

Posted 04 May 2014 - 03:02 PM

Not only that, he said 'sumanakatta'. It wasn't a simple sorry, Japanese readers understand that he was begging for forgiveness.

And Suigetsu said 'we shouldn't get between Sasuke and Karin'. And she was his favourite. And that smile! He hasn't smiled like that to anyone except her after tha massacre.

Very true, the Japanese short hand for that would have been "suman" that's how I'd imagine someone like Sasuke apologizing in a casual fashion. However, Sasuke doesn't give casual apologies.  :P

Suigetsu's wording is very interesting. He implies that SK is this inevitable thing and only he can stop it.

That smile is very intriguing as well. It's so out of place and out of character for part 1 Sasuke. We'd always just assumed part 1 Sasuke never smiled, so to get canon confirmation that Chuunin exams Sasuke was not only capable of smiling but HAD in fact smiled like that in the past is frickin huge. Then to top it off, the person who draws this reaction from him, without even trying to, is Karin of all people. 

How did Sasuke manage such a gentle expression when canonically, at this point, he should have been in full on panic mode because the test was ending soon and he was no where closer to getting his hands on a heaven scroll. It'd make perfect sense if he'd just gotten pissed she had an earth scroll and left, so why the smile? And why did Kishi draw so much attention to it? I really hope he intends to go somewhere with this. That's a rather shocking moment to just leave hanging like that.

#197 Gojira

Gojira

Kyuubi

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,217 posts

Posted 04 May 2014 - 04:54 PM

Too lazy to check but she was also blushing before she saw Sasuke's appearance which could mean she is the only female on the show to fall for him to for his looks (which is ironic considering that her character is one of the most perverted)

Though I think him should have being overly rushed in that situation is overthinking it slightly (I just count it as an inconsistency, same with him using lion's barrage on the bear despite not learning it until his fight with Yoroi)

eh10ut.jpg

#198 Yami_no_Princess

Yami_no_Princess

Academy Student

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 45 posts

Posted 04 May 2014 - 05:24 PM

Too lazy to check but she was also blushing before she saw Sasuke's appearance which could mean she is the only female on the show to fall for him to for his looks (which is ironic considering that her character is one of the most perverted)

Though I think him should have being overly rushed in that situation is overthinking it slightly (I just count it as an inconsistency, same with him using lion's barrage on the bear despite not learning it until his fight with Yoroi)

Perhaps it is over thinking it. I just really like that Kishi gave Karin a very tangible reason to fall for Sasuke: he saved her life.

During his fight with Yoroi, he never implied he'd never done this technique before, just that it was something he came up with himself. It's possible he uses an unfinished version of Shishi Rendan on the bear when he saves Karin. 

#199 Kanae

Kanae

Rookie

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 83 posts

Posted 04 May 2014 - 05:49 PM

^ which is pretty funny when one stops to consider that Sasuke extinguishing the flames for Karin was a new move, too. So it's more or less like a trend, in a way  :fan:

#200 Gojira

Gojira

Kyuubi

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,217 posts

Posted 04 May 2014 - 05:55 PM

Wonder if Sasuke's son / Shinachiku's rival will have red hair or glasses.

eh10ut.jpg

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: SasuKarin, Uchiha Sasuke, Karin

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users