30 replies to this topic

#1 Gravenimage

Gravenimage

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,535 posts

Posted 21 January 2010 - 01:46 PM

Well the filler arc of the six tails have premiere today and I must say it seems a little interesting although I think it's lame that the six tails host Utakata uses bubbles to attack (bubble no jutsu). But its pretty clear that the girl Hotaru has a crush on the guy and somehow I can feel that there's going to be a connection between Utakata and Hotaru with Naruto and Sakura, I'm hoping that the filler becomes interesting and I really hope it doesn't take too long before its over and the story line returns with the manga. happy.gif
Gravenimage

Lone Wolf of the Grave

#2 Codus N

Codus N

Highandnow

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,119 posts

Posted 21 January 2010 - 02:35 PM

Not a bad start for filler, and Utakata was a lot more interesting than I thought he would be. But about Utakata's Jutsu that he used on the random nins, the black part that showed on the bubble might have been poison created from his Bijuu chakra. (Remember, Kyuubi's pure chakra was exactly like Poison.) & if I had to guess I'd say the reason Utakata became a nuke-nin was because of the revolt created by Godaime Mizukage. Utakata must have been a neutral force & decided to split. Utakata seems to be a better character than I thought he would be & Hotaru seems to be a b*tch

248793.jpg

The family that couldn't be.

[post='http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6EItApJttbY']An Underrated Song Worth Listening[/post]

#3 Paradox Jast

Paradox Jast

Is just a pretty face. Really.

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 842 posts
  • Interests:Naruto, Bleach, Samurai Deeper Kyo, Negima! (to name a couple). World of Warcraft. The Old Republic. Steam. Writing Naruto and Harry Potter fanfiction. Reading Naruto and Harry Potter fanfiction.

Posted 21 January 2010 - 02:51 PM

Torrent for those who want.

#4 harry4e

harry4e

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,433 posts

Posted 21 January 2010 - 04:44 PM

Sixth tails filler, Knew soon as I saw his blowing bubble it was a Jinchiruuki, wasn't he already caught by this time? Only one left is Eight and Nine Tails.

Well hopefully they don't drag it for too long like the did the 3 tails one, which started well and just got boring and pointless half way through, wonder how they'll deal with this one, considering we know the six tails has to be caught and his host has to die but you don't see Naruto failing in a mission and a Nakama dieing so wonder how this will work.

iAnby7W.gif

#5 Gravenimage

Gravenimage

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,535 posts

Posted 21 January 2010 - 05:13 PM

QUOTE (harry4e @ Jan 21 2010, 08:44 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Sixth tails filler, Knew soon as I saw his blowing bubble it was a Jinchiruuki, wasn't he already caught by this time? Only one left is Eight and Nine Tails.

Well hopefully they don't drag it for too long like the did the 3 tails one, which started well and just got boring and pointless half way through, wonder how they'll deal with this one, considering we know the six tails has to be caught and his host has to die but you don't see Naruto failing in a mission and a Nakama dieing so wonder how this will work.

If you remember 142 Kisame said that they have captured six jinchurikki leaving three left the sixth tails is among the eight and nine. However in the manga Kisame said that they have captured seven leaving only two left. That's right what Kisame said in the anime about capturing six jinchurikki is a filler so that it fits with this incoming filler arc. So in the anime only the sixt, eight and nine tails are the only jinchurikki left while in the manga they are only two left. happy.gif

Edited by Gravenimage, 21 January 2010 - 05:14 PM.

Gravenimage

Lone Wolf of the Grave

#6 Chivalrysae

Chivalrysae

Chuunin

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 464 posts
  • Interests:Flag Football, Anime, Indoor Wall Climbing, Hiking, Running

Posted 21 January 2010 - 05:29 PM

Nice catch Gravenimage. smile.gif I am very much looking forward to seeing the 6-tails in action. And I'm really hoping for some NaruSaku development, even if it is separate from the manga. At this point (with so much Sasuke action) I need some Narusaku indulgence. smile.gif

#7 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,861 posts
  • Interests:Video games (fighting), NaruSaku, Naruto, Sonic, Street Fighter, DOA, Darkstalkers, Tekken, computers, MHA

Posted 21 January 2010 - 06:27 PM

Villians = BORING!

Utakaka has that Sasuke vibe on him but it looks like its going to change...

I lol'd when Naruto did the Yamato glare. biggrin.gif

latest?cb=20140126021943

What's Happening with the Naruto series as of now!

#8 Gravenimage

Gravenimage

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,535 posts

Posted 21 January 2010 - 09:13 PM

QUOTE (Derock @ Jan 21 2010, 11:27 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Villians = BORING!

Utakaka has that Sasuke vibe on him but it looks like its going to change...

I lol'd when Naruto did the Yamato glare. biggrin.gif

Yeah I love that part too Naruto looked so creepy creepier than Yamato. biggrin.gif
Gravenimage

Lone Wolf of the Grave

#9 Daniee

Daniee

Elite Teacher

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,121 posts

Posted 21 January 2010 - 10:25 PM

I quite liked this episode. smile.gif

First impressions of Utakata and Hotaru are good. Wish I could say the same for the villains in this ep.

Now I just hope the pacing doesn't suck and they don't bring in a crap load of supporting characters for this arc.

#10 Gravenimage

Gravenimage

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,535 posts

Posted 21 January 2010 - 11:17 PM

QUOTE (Daniee @ Jan 21 2010, 02:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I quite liked this episode. smile.gif

First impressions of Utakata and Hotaru are good. Wish I could say the same for the villains in this ep.

Now I just hope the pacing doesn't suck and they don't bring in a crap load of supporting characters for this arc.

Yeah there's a guy that looks like a woman when I first saw him I thought he was a she but I was wrong his voice is a man. sweatdrop.gif About the villains I guess its true that the animators can't come up with good filler villains except Guren she was good with her crystal style jutsu.

Edited by Gravenimage, 21 January 2010 - 11:18 PM.

Gravenimage

Lone Wolf of the Grave

#11 KungFuTruffle

KungFuTruffle

Whee!

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 921 posts
  • Interests:Writing<br />Reading<br />Video Games

Posted 22 January 2010 - 02:07 AM

Guren was good because she wasn't actually a villian.

The filler seems like it could be good, but it's hard to tell after one episode. I really do hope it doesn't drag on like the Sanbi arc, though. 23 episodes was way too freakin' long, especially after the 80+ fillers part one had.

I actually like Utakata's bubble jutsu. It's unique, and shows very impressive strength on his part. Creating that many bubbles must require a lot of chakra, and moving them the way he wants means he has great control.

I'm not sure about Utakata himself, though. He seems very... Sasuke-ish. I don't know if I can take another one of them at this point in time.

On another note, am I the only one annoyed with the filler men in Naruto? They either look like women, or are so ugly that their mothers wouldn't want them. I just hope it's only those four. The Sora and Sanbi arcs sucked in part because of the huge number of non-canon characters.

And it seems that at least one writer for this arc is a Naruto fan. He got Yamato's idea right off the bat, without a drawn out explanation like he usually needs in filler. And using Yamato's scary face back on him was great to see.

Edited by KungFuTruffle, 22 January 2010 - 02:09 AM.

#12 Mugen no Neko

Mugen no Neko

♥ ~ Dreaming

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 266 posts

Posted 22 January 2010 - 02:47 AM

They shoulda let the Benten guy be a girl... when I heard a man's voice come outta him I was like... huh.gif
Gaaah, boring filler villains... If Sasuke hadn't turned wanna be evil-dumbass and left Konoha... he'd be just like Utakata in personality, I'm sure.

So when do they actually find out he's a jinchuuriki? laugh.gif
meh.

#13 Evil Potato

Evil Potato

Chuunin

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 468 posts

Posted 22 January 2010 - 05:39 AM

Well, I guess one thing is for sure, by the end of this arc, the six tails jinchuuriki will have been caught and killed, well, at least if they wanna keep things going like they are suppose to.

#14 Codus N

Codus N

Highandnow

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,119 posts

Posted 22 January 2010 - 05:47 AM

For people saying Utakata is like another Sasuke, at least be glad he's not a big dumbass. His emo personality has a very good reason behind it. He's a Jinchuuriki duh, the only reason why he doesn't want people to be attached to him is because it would be dangerous if dangerous people found out about the people around him. And I'm pretty sure he has at least heard rumors about Akatsuki. That's why he's being careful.

248793.jpg

The family that couldn't be.

[post='http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6EItApJttbY']An Underrated Song Worth Listening[/post]

#15 forfayfen

forfayfen

Academy Student

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 37 posts

Posted 22 January 2010 - 06:52 PM

i enjoyed:

'yamato glare' by naruto
yamato's glare tripped me out a little.

'sasuke vibe' by utakata
his personality gave it off but he had more than enough reason to.

Edited by forfayfen, 22 January 2010 - 08:16 PM.

naruto-sakura-shippuuden-psp-wal-1.jpg

#16 Devil Keyz

Devil Keyz

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 217 posts

Posted 23 January 2010 - 08:56 AM

haha i missed that yamato glare, and naruto pulled it off pretty well but i wanted to see yamatos reaction lol.

and NOW know why people bash Sakura.. because i just finished rewatching the series and she hits Naruto alot, and can be quite mean to him.

#17 Freakazoid

Freakazoid

Special Jounin

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 849 posts

Posted 24 January 2010 - 03:08 AM

Wow, this exact copy of Sasuke ruined what could have been a decent filler arc.

#18 ciardha

ciardha

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,308 posts
  • Interests:Narusaku, cosplay, writing fanfiction, dollfies, Japanese history. literature and culture, linguistics, ancient Celtic history, literature, and culture, Wicca, women's history, Buffy and Spike, Rogue and Gambit, Miaka and Taka, John Lennon and Yoko Ono, sewing, reading, many shoujo and josei manga series, Star Trek, Star Wars, liberal and feminist activism

Posted 24 January 2010 - 03:43 AM

QUOTE (Devil Keyz @ Jan 23 2010, 03:56 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
haha i missed that yamato glare, and naruto pulled it off pretty well but i wanted to see yamatos reaction lol.

and NOW know why people bash Sakura.. because i just finished rewatching the series and she hits Naruto alot, and can be quite mean to him.

That's the anime- not canon, and it's done for humor, playing up the tsundere trope. The hating on Sakura is by people who ship Naruto with a certain other character. (Yet when they pair that character with Naruto she suddenly becomes even more tsundere than anime Sakura....)

And Freakazoid, yeah I thought Utakata was too cold with Hotaru. I actually though Hotaru came off not as a fangirl at all- she didn't squee over him, she just wanted him to teach her his jutsu so she could become a stronger ninja. She came off pretty well with Tonbei and Utakata. Sounds like from the previews that she is a much less pleasant person with Naruto, Yamato and Sai though- kind the snotty princess trope.
Dream you dream alone is only a dream, but dream we dream together is reality- Yoko Ono 1971

When you go to war, both sides lose totally- Yoko Ono

Remember, our hearts are one. Even when we are at war with each other, our hearts are always beating in unison- Yoko Ono 2009

#19 Devil Keyz

Devil Keyz

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 217 posts

Posted 24 January 2010 - 04:01 AM

im not talking bout in this episode, im talking about the canon episodes where sakura seems to be a bit 2 mean with Naruto.

#20 Mik3

Mik3

Dame a raise un perdedor.

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,843 posts
  • Interests:games, anime, music. just chilling.

Posted 25 January 2010 - 08:40 PM

QUOTE (Devil Keyz @ Jan 23 2010, 11:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
im not talking bout in this episode, im talking about the canon episodes where sakura seems to be a bit 2 mean with Naruto.

It was meant to be humorous but some people didn't take it that way. I'd say she was more annoyed by him. But by the time he fought kiba she was cheering him on and had respect for him and eventually formed a friendship with him.
\

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users