• This topic is locked This topic is locked
32 replies to this topic

#1 Hopestar

Hopestar

Elite Teacher

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,178 posts
  • Interests:Food: Asian (specifically Japanese)
    Religion: Christian
    Sports: Golf, Tennis, Rowing/Crew
    Hobbies: Finance, Politics, Books, Fine dining, video games
    Music: Rock

Posted 25 August 2008 - 12:49 AM

So far in the manga its clearly NS all the way despite all the Sasuke attention for the last year. I see no clearance for SS at all in point of time. Sorry SS-ers, but Sasuke is too bend up on vengeance. First he wanted vengeance on Itachi for slaying his family only to find out he was order by Konoha's council and now he's targeting Konoha. He grow into what Kakashi warned him about that he'll continue killing, vengeances, and seeking into pure darkness; all because he refuse to live in the present and remain in the past where all damage is done and there's nothing he can do about, sadly wasting away in life.

Can he saved? Only if he wants to and I don't care how much Naruto proclaims Sasuke can change its render useless if the man doesn't put forth effort. Naruto nor Sakura never bother to think what will happen if Sasuke returns; should they know nothing will ever be the same? It's possible Sasuke wpuld betray them again. Obviously, they never took count how much Sasuke has change considerably.

Also for NH, well.... I'll just the obvious that the fact is there's no hope in that pairing. Kishi had multiple chances to bring them together, develop, & strengthen their instead he that attention into the main plot & sometimes NS. I'll leave the compare & contrast of Hinata & Sakura to you guys.

Btw
narusakuct7.gif 4-EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
[FONT=Times][SIZE=7][COLOR=blue]
Let light be our guide towards victory
Whenever there's despair there's a darkness, whenever there's hope there's a light and it's up to us to bring in that light.

#2 Anewhope2

Anewhope2

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 195 posts

Posted 27 August 2008 - 05:13 AM

QUOTE (Hopestar @ Aug 24 2008, 07:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
So far in the manga its clearly NS all the way despite all the Sasuke attention for the last year. I see no clearance for SS at all in point of time. Sorry SS-ers, but Sasuke is too bend up on vengeance. First he wanted vengeance on Itachi for slaying his family only to find out he was order by Konoha's council and now he's targeting Konoha. He grow into what Kakashi warned him about that he'll continue killing, vengeances, and seeking into pure darkness; all because he refuse to live in the present and remain in the past where all damage is done and there's nothing he can do about, sadly wasting away in life.

Can he saved? Only if he wants to and I don't care how much Naruto proclaims Sasuke can change its render useless if the man doesn't put forth effort. Naruto nor Sakura never bother to think what will happen if Sasuke returns; should they know nothing will ever be the same? It's possible Sasuke wpuld betray them again. Obviously, they never took count how much Sasuke has change considerably.

Sasukarin has a better chance of happening than Sasusaku anyway... Yes you are quite correct, as i was writing the current serial i'm doing, i put that detail about if they did bring Sasuke back, would he just leave again? Obviously my answer will be yes, look aren't Naruto and Sakura being a little selfish about bringing Sasuke back? I mean they're being a tad selfish, they're not really thinking about what Sasuke wants. And we all know what Sasuke wants, right? I mean is Naruto and Sakura Sasuke's friends? I mean if Sasuke wanted to come back to Konoha, he would've done it already... So obviously that's not what Sasuke wants. So if they are Sasuke's friends, they should let Sasuke live his life and do what he needs to do. Yeah of course they think Sasuke is confused right now, i just don't simply believe that.

Do you get my point?

QUOTE (Hopestar @ Aug 24 2008, 07:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Also for NH, well.... I'll just the obvious that the fact is there's no hope in that pairing. Kishi had multiple chances to bring them together, develop, & strengthen their instead he that attention into the main plot & sometimes NS. I'll leave the compare & contrast of Hinata & Sakura to you guys.

Let me quote on one of my past replies, "The story is starting to show a slowdown. I think that this manga has only 2-3 years left.. and if you really think about it, it ain't that much manga left.. only about 180 + chapters left.. "

Naruhina had only one chance left in the manga, and Kishi blew it. Sorry.. believe me if Kishi wanted Naruhina to happen, he would've made Hinata a little bit more upfront, i mean it had been 3 + years since she saw Naruto.. would've Kishi made Hinata a little less shy? He didn't do that, did he? It appears that Naruto's view on Hinata didn't change at all, same old same old, and did the same old worked? Errnt, wrong answer.

Now, what about Narusaku? I wish that at some point in the Sakura or Kakashi arc would there be a moment where Sakura talks with Tsunade.. If i have to guess if Sakura does train with Tsunade again, i have to think at some point in the Sakura arc would Tsunade will talk to Sakura about something pertaining to her failure with Jirayia... but that ain't going to happen.. know why?

I've read through this whole website, and i scrounge up some details about Hachibi.. I've heard that a Jinchuuriki would come to invade Konoha at some point in the manga, and i do mean specifically hachibi because he's the last Jinchuuriki besides Naruto. Would Naruto attack Konoha? Try again.

It could happen this year, or early next year.. Either way, no training arc for Sakura. So what's left after that? Not a whole much except her ambiguous feelings for Sasuke, maybe she does have some feelings left for Sasuke.. but i'm doubtful on that one. What about her view for Naruto? Does she view Naruto as a friend or something much more, i don't know i'm not the one writing the story... Sure a story about Sakura's unknown past would be interesting, but... i doubt that will happen.. So that leaves no other option (for any decent story that is), Kishi would have to write about Sakura's unknown feelings for the guys.

At least that's what i think might happen...

#3 alucard

alucard

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 364 posts
  • Interests:computer, games, anime, manga and alot of random things:D

Posted 27 August 2008 - 05:56 AM

everything you said is true both of you. really ss is dead i mean theres practicaly nothing. and nh hasnt changed since the very begining. but theres been alot of ns moments so its obvious what will happen. as for sasuke comming back. if he did he would leave again but remember hes already top int he bingo book or near it now. so do you really think that the village would let them back. naruto still believes that theres hope for sasuke cause he thinks hes been tricked into it or the fact that his revenge is done. noone knows itachi is dead except for team eagle and maybe a couple other guys. konoha is compleetly clueless. and as for naruto ending in the next 180 chapters possible but i still see/hope for a time leap again:D. but i doubt sasuke will ever come back especialy after hes got his team and hes attackign konoha. so i really do see naruto realizing sasuke cant be saved and a climatic ending but who knows all we can do is hope its not a gay ending.

#4 Kyuudaime

Kyuudaime

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,920 posts
  • Interests:Working out, manga, video games, scuba diving

Posted 27 August 2008 - 02:41 PM

I agree with both of them also.....I mean SSers and NHers should just give up any hope of their pair happening.

I'm fairly sure Naruto will end in the next 180 or so chapters, I can almost see the ending just being a timeskip on the last chapter or second to last chapter being like 4 or 5 years ahead and showing him being Hokage, being with Sakura, maybe pregnant, to hint to us that their may be a continuation of the story, but it's not necessarily called Naruto, although it would be slightly lame to be named after his son/daughter.

Well....just my thoughts, although it's cliche as some may put it, being the happy ever after ending, it's those kind of endings I like.

Edited by Kyuudaime, 27 August 2008 - 02:41 PM.

#5 Anewhope2

Anewhope2

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 195 posts

Posted 04 September 2008 - 12:21 AM

QUOTE (Kyuudaime @ Aug 27 2008, 09:41 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I agree with both of them also.....I mean SSers and NHers should just give up any hope of their pair happening.

I'm fairly sure Naruto will end in the next 180 or so chapters, I can almost see the ending just being a timeskip on the last chapter or second to last chapter being like 4 or 5 years ahead and showing him being Hokage, being with Sakura, maybe pregnant, to hint to us that their may be a continuation of the story, but it's not necessarily called Naruto, although it would be slightly lame to be named after his son/daughter.

Well....just my thoughts, although it's cliche as some may put it, being the happy ever after ending, it's those kind of endings I like.

Well, i don't think SS and NH shippers should quit on their pairings, i mean that will be me quitting on the Cubs just because they haven't won a world series in a hundred years. Either way, they will still be their own selves.. But i personally think it's over for those pairings anyways, but i don't want them to just give up on them. Believe me, it will be a very boring place without those guys. Trust me.

#6 Kyuudaime

Kyuudaime

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,920 posts

Posted 04 September 2008 - 12:34 AM

That's not a good comparison, for one we're talking about shounen manga, secondly your sports thing is 50/50, it can go either way.

Third off, we have outstanding reason, logic, support, and a few other things, and Kishi has it set-in-stone, sports have hardly any of those.

But I agree with your last statement, the world would be dull if everyone thought the same, so competition is good, even if it's minor.

#7 talesoffireemblem

talesoffireemblem

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 118 posts
  • Interests:Video games, Music, Trumpet Playing, Manga, Sports

Posted 04 September 2008 - 03:47 AM

Considering that series appears to be heading towards a conclusion (I think about 2-3 years more) I think it's kind of apparent that narusaku is the parring that Kishimoto has decided to develop the most.

Spoilers for those who have not read the manga --Click here to view--
Since the series has about 3 more years left, I doubt that we'll see any development between Naruto and Hinata. This is because there are many, more-important plot elements that need to be resolved (Akatsuki's goals, Naruto's revenge, the aftermath of Pein's invasion, Madara's true intentions, Naruto and Sakura's desire to bring back Sasuke, Sasuke's goal of destroying Konoha, Sakura's feelings for Naruto happy.gif , etc.). That doesn't leave much room to develop Hinata's relationship with Naruto (let alone her character) to a large extent.

The biggest thing against sasusaku is the fact that Sasuke now appears to be an antagonist. He is working with Akatsuki and, as a result, will probably end trying to harm Naruto. Sakura is going to have to help one of them. But considering the fact that Sakura hasn't really interacted with Sasuke for three years, has established a strong with bond with Naruto, and promised him that she and him would rescue Sasuke TOGETHER, I think that she'll help Naruto and end up fighting against Sasuke. Besides, I doubt that she wants to help destroy Konoha and extract the kyuubi from Naruto (And kill him as a result).

BTW Kyuudaime, I don't think that SS and NH shippers will give up, even if Naruto ends in narusaku. I mean, if pairings like gaaino and deihina have fans, what's going make NH or SS fans abandon their favorite pairings? As long as they have fanfics they'll live on.

Edited by talesoffireemblem, 04 September 2008 - 03:50 AM.

#8 Kyuudaime

Kyuudaime

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,920 posts

Posted 04 September 2008 - 04:06 AM

Sorry if I was a little vague, I meant they should give up if they still think their pairing will be official, I don't care if they like the pairing and read fanfics.

#9 talesoffireemblem

talesoffireemblem

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 118 posts

Posted 04 September 2008 - 03:08 PM

QUOTE (Kyuudaime @ Sep 3 2008, 09:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Sorry if I was a little vague, I meant they should give up if they still think their pairing will be official, I don't care if they like the pairing and read fanfics.

Well yeah, if (or should I say when) narusaku ends up happening then they kinda do have to give up hope of it being official.

Edited by talesoffireemblem, 04 September 2008 - 03:09 PM.

#10 KittenLou

KittenLou

I'm a kitty NOM:3

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 175 posts
  • Interests:Just recently, I've become rather engrossed in the history and various concepts British Literature offers from the Romantic period, but that could just be because of my professor lol. Of course anime and manga are a given. =) And shows dealing with &quot;otherworldly&quot; things, like Supernatural and Ghost Hunters and, uh...

Posted 04 September 2008 - 07:47 PM

QUOTE (talesoffireemblem @ Sep 3 2008, 10:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Considering that series appears to be heading towards a conclusion (I think about 2-3 years more) I think it's kind of apparent that narusaku is the parring that Kishimoto has decided to develop the most.

Spoilers for those who have not read the manga --Click here to view--
Since the series has about 3 more years left, I doubt that we'll see any development between Naruto and Hinata. This is because there are many, more-important plot elements that need to be resolved (Akatsuki's goals, Naruto's revenge, the aftermath of Pein's invasion, Madara's true intentions, Naruto and Sakura's desire to bring back Sasuke, Sasuke's goal of destroying Konoha, Sakura's feelings for Naruto happy.gif , etc.). That doesn't leave much room to develop Hinata's relationship with Naruto (let alone her character) to a large extent.

Well, I would think that Hinata's eventual confession to Naruto would somehow effect his relationship with Sakura, especially if Hinata confesses with a "I like you a lot, Naruto-kun." I mean, I don't expect Naruto to come to a sudden realization that he prefers Hinata over Sakura, which wouldn't make any sense because he's never with Hinata and she's never influenced him the ways Sakura has and does, but I believe the fact alone that someone he hardly knows would confess an affection toward him would be very surprising, maybe even a little more welcomed than it should be. How many times has he tried to reach out to Sakura in Part I, but was always shot down because of her infatuation with Sasuke? Enough times for him to accept that Sakura wanted Sasuke to be her love interest more than she wanted him, and, even though we can see that she's developing more than a friendly or sibling affection for him, Naruto can't, so he probably will not act on his feelings for Sakura because he believes Sakura is still hung up on Sasuke. Do you see where I'm going with this?

I mean, Hinata doesn't have to be focused on, but I think it would be a very interesting way for Kishimoto to further stabilize the relationship between Naruto and Sakura, while developing Hinata at the same time (because no matter what NaruHina fans say, Naruto rejecting her WON'T traumatize her to the extent that she'd "never love again". She'll eventually realize she's had important people who have recognized her strength all along, which her low self-esteem prevents her from seeing, so...)

also known as Crackers

#11 Kyuudaime

Kyuudaime

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,920 posts

Posted 04 September 2008 - 08:32 PM

Honestly....I think she grew out of her crush, she doesn't stalk him for one anymore, sure you could say she grew up, but if she still had an interest in him she would have done something a while ago, the fact that she only once fainted and it was out of surprise from seeing him just tells me she got a little nervous that the person she admired just showed up. If hypothetically she did confess something to him, I'm sure it would be a surprise to him, but wouldn't change his thoughts, he would more than likely just let her off easy, he's not just going to magically fall in love with her, despite what people say.

Anyway, she doesn't take the time to see him, talk to him, interact with him, or do anything, yea she still has a crush on him dry.gif

Edited by Kyuudaime, 04 September 2008 - 08:33 PM.

#12 KittenLou

KittenLou

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 175 posts
  • Interests:Just recently, I've become rather engrossed in the history and various concepts British Literature offers from the Romantic period, but that could just be because of my professor lol. Of course anime and manga are a given. =) And shows dealing with &quot;otherworldly&quot; things, like Supernatural and Ghost Hunters and, uh...

Posted 04 September 2008 - 09:40 PM

I'm pretty sure Hinata grew out of her stalking habit the moment she became a part of Team 8.

But the fact that she became worried for Naruto when Tobi kicked him away and down into water enough to call out his name and then be given an EXTRA panel showing her relief...? It appears that so trivial a moment is actually very significant in regards to the type of character Hinata still is: Whether or not she likes him romantically or just as an idol, she obviously still concerns herself enough about him to the extent that he's pretty much the only person she really pays any attention to.

Edited by Kitten, 04 September 2008 - 09:41 PM.

also known as Crackers

#13 Kyuudaime

Kyuudaime

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,920 posts

Posted 04 September 2008 - 10:43 PM

I doubt that, I have seen her worry over Kiba as well as Shino, we hardly see her so we don't know how she acts around them, and in my opinion she did it out of condern for a teammate, not a love interest, because if you want to go by that then Naruto, Sai, Kakashi, ect... would be bisexual.

And again, if she still is infatuated with him, Kishi would have done something, she clearly has lost alot of interest in him.

And not to mention she's part of a blood-line trait, she will most likely have to.....imbreed, yes I mean Hyuugacest, which actually makes Neji a good choice, but because she's not a main character, it doesn't matter what happens to her, she's as important as Shino.

Edited by Kyuudaime, 04 September 2008 - 10:49 PM.

#14 talesoffireemblem

talesoffireemblem

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 118 posts

Posted 05 September 2008 - 03:53 AM

QUOTE (Kitten @ Sep 4 2008, 02:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
But the fact that she became worried for Naruto when Tobi kicked him away and down into water enough to call out his name and then be given an EXTRA panel showing her relief...? It appears that so trivial a moment is actually very significant in regards to the type of character Hinata still is: Whether or not she likes him romantically or just as an idol, she obviously still concerns herself enough about him to the extent that he's pretty much the only person she really pays any attention to.

I think that this done for what you're saying (It's obvious she idolizes him) and to contrast her reaction to Sakura's. Where Hinata was worried about Naruto's well-being, Sakura realized that Naruto is strong and that something like being pushed by Tobi wouldn't harm him too much, as evidenced by her saying "It'll take more than that to stop Naruto". Even though it was only a few panels, in this scene we got to see Naruto and Sakura's relationship compared to Naruto and Hinata's relationship, and it seemed pretty clear that Sakura knew and understood Naruto a lot better than Hinata did. But maybe I'm looking too much into it.

#15 lolaMarie

lolaMarie

M.Phelp's fangirl

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 98 posts

Posted 05 September 2008 - 02:17 PM

QUOTE (talesoffireemblem @ Sep 5 2008, 03:53 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think that this done for what you're saying (It's obvious she idolizes him) and to contrast her reaction to Sakura's. Where Hinata was worried about Naruto's well-being, Sakura realized that Naruto is strong and that something like being pushed by Tobi wouldn't harm him too much, as evidenced by her saying "It'll take more than that to stop Naruto". Even though it was only a few panels, in this scene we got to see Naruto and Sakura's relationship compared to Naruto and Hinata's relationship, and it seemed pretty clear that Sakura knew and understood Naruto a lot better than Hinata did. But maybe I'm looking too much into it.

I think that is wxactly what Kishi set out to do.

#16 Kyuudaime

Kyuudaime

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,920 posts

Posted 05 September 2008 - 02:39 PM

QUOTE (talesoffireemblem @ Sep 4 2008, 11:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thank you for pointing that out, unfortunately my PSP has a 300 character limit.
Anyway, I think this too kinda, Hinata only seems to look down on him now, as if she doesn't believe in him....at least in my eyes, so it seems that Kishi is trying to say to us "Hey, this girl wont get with him, she doesn't believe in him or anything."
Yea.....

#17 talesoffireemblem

talesoffireemblem

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 118 posts

Posted 05 September 2008 - 09:18 PM

QUOTE (Kyuudaime @ Sep 5 2008, 07:39 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Thank you for pointing that out, unfortunately my PSP has a 300 character limit.
Anyway, I think this too kinda, Hinata only seems to look down on him now, as if she doesn't believe in him....at least in my eyes, so it seems that Kishi is trying to say to us "Hey, this girl wont get with him, she doesn't believe in him or anything."
Yea.....

I wouldn't say that Hinata looks down on him, I think that she doesn't spend any time around him and, as a result, doesn't know him or understand what he is capable of. She admires him, but as Aizen said said in Bleach "Admiration is the furthest thing from understanding".

#18 Kyuudaime

Kyuudaime

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,920 posts

Posted 05 September 2008 - 10:25 PM

Thank you Bleach spoiler tongue.gif

#19 KittenLou

KittenLou

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 175 posts

Posted 08 September 2008 - 03:42 PM

Just because she doesn't really know Naruto doesn't mean Hinata can't have a crush on him.

I'm certain she admires him, but a crush could easily take form from that admiration. Isn't that basically what crushes are; admiration? Regardless of what's admired, if it's being admired, that usually means it's something desired, right? Perhaps my logic is backward or I'm just popping this up completely out of the blue to where it makes no sense at all whatsoever, but that's the way I see it.

The reason I brought up the chapter and scene was because it was fishy to me. Hinata knows so much better than to take her eyes off an enemy - an Akatsuki member no less - regardless how many comrades you have around or behind you. Even if Hinata would worry for Shino or Kiba, or Sakura or Kakashi, she wouldn't go so far as to turn her entire body in their general direction and - what looked like to me - try and go after them to make sure they're ok, would she? If that were established by Kishimoto as an admiration and involved no sort of personal feelings on Hinata's part, maybe I would agree with you, but it's so suspicious to me.

also known as Crackers

#20 talesoffireemblem

talesoffireemblem

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 118 posts

Posted 08 September 2008 - 05:02 PM

QUOTE (Kitten @ Sep 8 2008, 08:42 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Just because she doesn't really know Naruto doesn't mean Hinata can't have a crush on him.

I'm certain she admires him, but a crush could easily take form from that admiration. Isn't that basically what crushes are; admiration? Regardless of what's admired, if it's being admired, that usually means it's something desired, right? Perhaps my logic is backward or I'm just popping this up completely out of the blue to where it makes no sense at all whatsoever, but that's the way I see it.

The reason I brought up the chapter and scene was because it was fishy to me. Hinata knows so much better than to take her eyes off an enemy - an Akatsuki member no less - regardless how many comrades you have around or behind you. Even if Hinata would worry for Shino or Kiba, or Sakura or Kakashi, she wouldn't go so far as to turn her entire body in their general direction and - what looked like to me - try and go after them to make sure they're ok, would she? If that were established by Kishimoto as an admiration and involved no sort of personal feelings on Hinata's part, maybe I would agree with you, but it's so suspicious to me.

I think it's pretty obvious that Hinata has a crush on Naruto, it's been obvious the entire series. What I meant was that since she does really know Naruto, I don't think that they are going to start a romantic relationship. She has a crush on him, but that's it. Since she doesn't talk to him or socialize with him I don't see their relationship really growing past a one-sided crush.

And as I said about that scene earlier, I think it was only to contrast Sakura's and Hinata's reactions.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users