#1 hotwyr

hotwyr

Shadow man

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 52 posts

Posted 03 September 2010 - 01:51 PM

Just like the title says.

I'll start off. I was first brought to Naruto by the Anime. But about 6 months ago i decided to give the manga a shot. I got hooked to the manga, and it seems to me that the anime just isn't as good as the manga...

Sure its great for the fight scenes and colours, but with all the filler arc's and dodgy animation (pein vs. Kyubi for one sad.gif ) I really do prefer the manga.

So, what are your views on this people? Do you prefer the Anime? Or the Manga? Do you feel the same as me, or do you just think im an idiot? tongue.gif
What if life was just black and white ?

Should we actually wonder what if ?.... No.

You have the power to change the future, so stop complaining and change it. No one's gonna fix it for you.

As for me, I shall grasp the sky with my fingertips.

#2 jason voorhees

jason voorhees

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 195 posts

Posted 03 September 2010 - 02:01 PM

Mangaq no dought the Anime is not bad dont get me wrong but they over play the chariters importence as well as there ooc sakuras sunade actions,or naruto acting like a twit is to over played.

The Anime is what got me started in 06 as well but its not nerly as good.

#3 Serenity Namikaze

Serenity Namikaze

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,553 posts

Posted 03 September 2010 - 02:06 PM

My story is the same as you. I've started with the anime but were I'm from, the TV directors can get slow to add news episode becouse of the multimedia industry have a strict control for teledifusion and foreign show such as Japanimation is even worse because of that. So, since I was tired to watch the same episode over and over again, I've decided to search for the resteon internet. At the same time, I found out the release of the weekly chapter and I've decided to read and watch at the same time.

So, to anwers your question, even if I do like the anime ( espacially Shippuden), even if they are downside of it (like you said, the animation in the confrontation between Naruto and Pein was bad and also because of the filler that can get annoying), I have to admit that I like the manga better.

#4 Black Rose

Black Rose

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,436 posts

Posted 03 September 2010 - 02:23 PM

MANGA HANDS OFF!!! !!! !!!

#5 MangaReader

MangaReader

I'm the Greatest Ever!!

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,416 posts
  • Interests:Drawing
    Animating
    Watching TV

Posted 03 September 2010 - 03:19 PM

There's no doubt that the manga will always be better for a lot of reasons, but the anime does offer us some awesome scene's from the manga that we just have to see in color. (chapter 450 to be exact) I'll always like the manga, but I'll continue to watch the anime as well. smile.gif

sad_naruto_sig_by_mangafreak17-d81c8fy.p

Even if I'm not the one to make you happy

#6 ShippudenGirl

ShippudenGirl

Happy-Go-Lucky

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,539 posts

Posted 03 September 2010 - 05:00 PM

I definitely prefer the Manga but the anime can definitely show some sweet scenes *looks at sig* pictureem0.gif

- wait a minute I just totally realized something... I don't even know how I got into the Manga O_x?

#7 Broken Figurine

Broken Figurine

Chuunin

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 484 posts

Posted 03 September 2010 - 06:40 PM

It's not a rule that manga > anime, and in Naruto's case both have their pros and cons. When the anime is good, it's great. Sometimes the anime helps me understand action and fights better, because in the manga it can just seem like one big explosion and once mass off lines and jumping characters. When battles are in question, I usually prefer them in the anime. Seeing things in colour, hearing character's voices, seeing things in motion really brings the manga to life. Of course, there is the problem of (bad) fillers and bias in the anime, which makes my teeth grind sometimes. The animation isn't always top-notch either, and sometimes the pacing of scenes ruins the dramatic effect that the manga had.

#8 ShinkuUzumaki

ShinkuUzumaki

ShinkuSarutobi

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 56 posts

Posted 03 September 2010 - 08:32 PM

i definitely like the manga better! but i love the anime omakes smile.gif
NaruSaku

#9 Grace

Grace

I am Johnlocked. Formerly known as "Kushina".

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 355 posts

Posted 03 September 2010 - 10:20 PM

Definitely the manga for me, because that's (obviously) where everything gets fleshed out and the tones are set. There's a greater sense of story and character that I just don't get very often from the anime.

Buuuuuut.... The anime is how I first got into Naruto, so even though it's silly and often tends to veer from the manga's set-up I still enjoy watching it--though I typically look at it as an almost separate series because of how often it almost seems like a parody to me. *shrug*

I do agree with Broken Figurine, though: one reason why I still really enjoy watching the anime is because of how it brings the manga to life. Color, motion, and especially sound can make things much more impacting. (chapter 450/episode 175 anyone?)

#10 James S Cassidy

James S Cassidy

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,831 posts

Posted 03 September 2010 - 10:44 PM

Manga is definitive better than the anime or any show/book. Not just Naruto.

The anime does not cover the detail the manga does and very rarely is the anime better than the manga (ie Evangelion, but then again the anime did come first.)

Not all anime are bad, but some are just so terrible I cannot watch it even if I liked the manga of it.
My gofundme
https://www.gofundme...c-designer-fund

Δικός σου για να κρατάτε
Σ'αγαπώ

#11 Gravenimage

Gravenimage

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,535 posts

Posted 03 September 2010 - 11:05 PM

I go with manga too the anime will add so many fillers that are crap (Naruto 6 tails vs. Pain fight yucky.gif and Hinata's confession ep 166 sick.gif) The reason the anime is brought in it's because the manga becomes very popular and a success in Japan and that's why they decide to make an anime series base on the manga. Sometimes the animators decides to go against the wishes of the mangaka and they make the series completely different from the manga (the most obvious example of this it's Full Metal Alchemist).

Although I did enjoyed the first series but I didn't know the manga was completely different from the anime but that's because I never read the manga in the first place. After years since the manga ended they animators decided to make another anime series of FMA but this time it's base on the actual manga. The anime is better than the manga the only thing the anime is good is the omakes I like them. smile.gif
Gravenimage

Lone Wolf of the Grave

#12 Dreamer

Dreamer

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,952 posts

Posted 03 September 2010 - 11:16 PM

I prefer manga cause the story comes directly from the mangaka with no censorship or fillers. Also reading the manga allows your mind to imagine and act like the characters you want them to be. happy.gif

Edited by Uzumakikage, 04 September 2010 - 05:53 AM.

#13 Miss Soupy

Miss Soupy

Queen of Fluff

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,000 posts

Posted 03 September 2010 - 11:18 PM

Pretty much what Uzu said. I consider manga the true form as it comes directly from the author. While I agree animation helps see fight scenes more clearly, I feel like the manga tells the story so much better overall.

#14 hotwyr

hotwyr

Shadow man

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 52 posts

Posted 04 September 2010 - 02:52 AM

I think a good point was raised here. I guess one of the reasons I ( and seemingly the rest of you wink.gif ) prefer the manga is that its the true form. I do feel now, after following Kishi's releases for a few months and getting a feel for his, i guess, style the anime really feels like a fake sometimes.

Although, i still keep watching it for my favorite scenes in the manga to be brought to life smile.gif

It's good to know that my views are shared by quite a few of you here on NS. I really should get around to having a chat to all of you, if it wasn't so difficult with the different time zones, why do i have to be GMT 10+ wasntme.png
What if life was just black and white ?

Should we actually wonder what if ?.... No.

You have the power to change the future, so stop complaining and change it. No one's gonna fix it for you.

As for me, I shall grasp the sky with my fingertips.

#15 Narusakurocks

Narusakurocks

Academy Student

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
  • Interests:I collect Pokemon cards<br />I have a bunch of rubix cubes<br />I love to eat udon and soba, but not at the same time

Posted 04 September 2010 - 02:53 AM

I started out watching the anime and then moved onto the manga. I perfer the manga over the anime. For some reason, when I read the manga I fell like it is more exciting than the episodes. huh.gif I think the reason is the manga is more straight to the point while the episodes are just prolonging it. If that makes any sense. Maybe I'm just weird. wink.gif

Your love is like the wind. I can't see it, but I can feel it.

#16 Cupcake-chan

Cupcake-chan

<3

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,282 posts

Posted 04 September 2010 - 04:30 AM

I stared watching the anime. I watched all episodes, dubbed and subbed until the shippuden part. After that I started reading the manga from the last episode I had watched (didn't have patients to read the whole thing). I started liking Naruto sometime around 2008. But I prefer the manga. Embarassing moments are less embarrasing in the manga than in the anime. Take Sakura's hug to Naruto in the recent episode. I didn't find it embarrasing and in the anime I facepalmed. So... Yeah, that's the advantage of drawings insted of animation. Also, the manga doesn't have unecessary fillers like the anime has.

#17 8Hogake

8Hogake

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 430 posts

Posted 04 September 2010 - 05:32 PM

I'd was Anime and Manga are together. That's one thing I'd don't get!

#18 hinatanaruto

hinatanaruto

Fresh Meat

• Fresh Meat
  • 3 posts

Posted 08 September 2010 - 09:48 PM

they are both good!

#19 ciardha

ciardha

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,308 posts
  • Interests:Narusaku, cosplay, writing fanfiction, dollfies, Japanese history. literature and culture, linguistics, ancient Celtic history, literature, and culture, Wicca, women's history, Buffy and Spike, Rogue and Gambit, Miaka and Taka, John Lennon and Yoko Ono, sewing, reading, many shoujo and josei manga series, Star Trek, Star Wars, liberal and feminist activism

Posted 08 September 2010 - 10:59 PM

QUOTE (James S Cassidy @ Sep 3 2010, 06:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Manga is definitive better than the anime or any show/book. Not just Naruto.

The anime does not cover the detail the manga does and very rarely is the anime better than the manga (ie Evangelion, but then again the anime did come first.)

Not all anime are bad, but some are just so terrible I cannot watch it even if I liked the manga of it.

I agree. The only anime I can think of that was better than the manga was Kaikan Phrase. Mayu Shinjou wrote shoujo manga stories for Sho- Comi and Cheese, In every series the girl was an airhead and got involved in sexually degrading relationships (usually including being sexually assaulted in some way by at least one guy) and each series got progressively worse in what was shown happening to the girl. The anime for Kaikan Phrase instead focused on the band Lucifer and their rise to fame.

That being said, despite Shinjou's deplorable manga stories, they might have been influenced by the treatment she was getting from Sho-Comi and Cheese's editors, she ended up quitting, much like Naoko Takeuchi quit Nakayoshi. (actually Shinjou's situation sounds like it was even worse than Takeuchi's. From what Takeuchi has said Nakayoshi didn't start playing games with her until Sailor Moon ended and she chose to ask for the Sailor Moon rights to revert completely back to her. Shinjou said "though she was the actual creator of her manga titles, she was one of the last to know about any adaptation plans for her series, even learning about some through TV channel websites instead of her editor" and that the editors were emotionally abusive to her, leading her to quit in 2007 and go freelance.

Certainly the editors tried to pull the same dirty trick on her that Nakayoshi's partially successfully did to Takeuchi- "losing" the original pages she submitted to the editors (unlike in American superhero comics, Japanese manga creators share rights while a title is being published and if they ask for their original pages once a series ends they can get all rights back- including reprints, adaptions, etc...), taking all of her titles out of print, "losing" pages of current series, etc... (As of the last I heard Nakayoshi still hasn't "found" the "missing" pages of the two series that they canceled that she wrote after Sailor Moon; however, she did finally get the Sailor Moon pages back after a fight of several years)
Dream you dream alone is only a dream, but dream we dream together is reality- Yoko Ono 1971

When you go to war, both sides lose totally- Yoko Ono

Remember, our hearts are one. Even when we are at war with each other, our hearts are always beating in unison- Yoko Ono 2009

#20 Hokage26

Hokage26

Genin

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 16 posts
  • Interests:School, reading, playing music, videogames, hanging out with friends. Naruto of course. =)

Posted 09 September 2010 - 12:40 AM

I discovered Naruto through the Anime, but when I discovered the Manga, I stuck with that and nothing else. Of course I still like those animated fight scenes!
TheKingOfTheSea
N**S

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users