Close
Photo

The thing you can't do.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
20 replies to this topic

#1 Dart Tension

Dart Tension

I will protect those I care about. No matter what.

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 248 posts
  • Interests:Videogames, writing, reading fanfics (especially about narusaku), animating, hanging with friends, sneaking up on people, stealing other peoples' food, and meeting new people.

Posted 26 August 2007 - 07:27 PM

Whats that type of scene you have trouble doing? Whether it be action, humor, a dramtic scene, trouble planning a character death, Ect.

For me, I think I have trouble with action scenes...not sure.
"Life is empty if there's no one to share it with when it's full."
Insanity can be fun!
I'm Extreme Reborn in Live chat! But you don't know that.....
Dedicated, Hardcore, NaruSaku Fan, Current number of narusaku fics that I'm waiting for to finish: ? ( I lost count)

I'm making up for my mistakes.

#2 Radon

Radon

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 398 posts

Posted 26 August 2007 - 08:10 PM

I think I just have a problem with making things way to over dramatic, and if I ever get this fic out you will see why...
"Fact: The fandom makes characters look hotter and act hornier than they actually are..."

#3 Gnosismaster

Gnosismaster

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 322 posts

Posted 26 August 2007 - 08:14 PM

Fight scenes, hands down.

#4 SakuDotz

SakuDotz

Fly away to Dotzland! :D

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,488 posts
  • Interests:My biggest interest would probably be in potatoes and lot's of funtastic things....

Posted 26 August 2007 - 08:18 PM

Well I rarely write fanfics as it is so I guess this will go towards my roleplay. I have a problem with dragging things out and mainly an opening scene. Fight scenes are my favourite though. a_dance.gif I wish this thread could reply to ANY type of writing, not just fanfictions because I'd be on a roll with my mistakes and problems. xD

#5 SakuNaruLover

SakuNaruLover

Don't fear the darkness

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,702 posts
  • Interests:Hobbies: Gaming, reading manga, watching anime, playing games, reading fanfics, writing fanfics and my own stories, talking with my friends.<br /><br />Manga: <br />-naruto <br />-bleach<br />-clannad<br />-fullmetal alchemist<br /><br />Anime: <br />-naruto<br />-naruto shippuden<br />-bleach <br />-shakugan no shana<br />-shakugan no shana second<br />-clannad<br />-kanon<br />-air<br />-zero no tsukaima<br />-fullmetal alchemist<br />-code geass<br />-code geass r2<br />-gundam wing<br />-gundam 00<br />-melancholy of suzumiya haruhi<br />-hayate no gotoku

Posted 26 August 2007 - 08:40 PM

QUOTE (SakuDotz @ Aug 26 2007, 10:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well I rarely write fanfics as it is so I guess this will go towards my roleplay. I have a problem with dragging things out and mainly an opening scene. Fight scenes are my favourite though. a_dance.gif I wish this thread could reply to ANY type of writing, not just fanfictions because I'd be on a roll with my mistakes and problems. xD

lol, you could tell us anyways XD
Or else make a tread for it wink.gif

And I am pretty bad at emotional scenes, I think I tend to get too emotional
I am neither good nor evil, I am awake yet I dream

#6 Illjwamh

Illjwamh

Cooler Than You

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 969 posts

Posted 26 August 2007 - 11:15 PM

Openings and expositions. I can have the whole damn story in my head, but be stuck for months or even years trying to start the bloody thing.

#7 FullmetalNinja25

FullmetalNinja25

I'm The Alchemist.

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,103 posts
  • Interests:Manga, Anime, Video Games, Comic Books, Wrestling, Movies, Doctor Who and all sorts of stuff.

Posted 26 August 2007 - 11:49 PM

If I write a story that has more than one part I sometimes have trouble streching the story out which can lead to my muse burning out and I ultimately scrap the story altogether.

uc.png

#8 Guest_Ceras_*

Guest_Ceras_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 August 2007 - 12:02 AM

1. Humor. (as I have no sense of it, whatsoever)

2. "Lemons" (most difficult to express)

3. Large scale combat (most time-consuming and draining)

4. One-to-one, confrontational fights (also draining and very hard to capture the ferocity of it)

There's probably more at what I'm bad at, but I won't bog my post with a long list. Recently, writing itself has become something of a wearisome task for me. I keep looking back on what I write and think to myself: :shamefulcry0js: "God, what were you thinking, putting this kind of trash on the internet?!"
*gives a long, cynical sigh* dry.gif

#9 Jwolf0

Jwolf0

Gotta catch 'em all!

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 882 posts
  • Interests:Seasonal sports fan. Adept at pulling defeat from the jaws of victory. Sadly allows RL to interfere with gaming and anime stuffs.

Posted 27 August 2007 - 02:14 AM

QUOTE (Ceras @ Aug 27 2007, 03:02 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I dunno about that, Ceras, 'Secret' looked pretty good to me on that point. Not every lemon has to be incredibly graphic and you portrayed the emotions they were feeling very well. Of course if you feel you need to practice writing more lemons, I won't compain. wink.gif

I guess I'd have to echo Illjwamh and say beginning the stupid thing. I haven't written a long enough piece to know where else I need wrok.
QUOTE ("Down Goes Brown")
(For the younger readers, "HMV" and "Sam The Record Man" were record stores.)

(For the younger readers, a "record store" was a building that you had to go to when you wanted to buy music.)

(For the younger readers, "buying music" was the way we acquired it, since we couldn't just… you know what, let's just get back to the Bowen song. Stupid kids, you ruin everything.)

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Or Reaper! Or Zombie Killer... or something. Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN!

#10 SakuDotz

SakuDotz

Fly away to Dotzland! :D

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,488 posts
  • Interests:My biggest interest would probably be in potatoes and lot's of funtastic things....

Posted 27 August 2007 - 02:17 AM

QUOTE (Ceras @ Aug 26 2007, 08:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
1. Humor. (as I have no sense of it, whatsoever)

YES. Well humour I can usually get if I try to think of something funny that actually happened to me and would make sense with the plot.

LEMONS. It's just hard, hands down. Like, so many emotions and actions. DX

#11 Dart Tension

Dart Tension

I will protect those I care about. No matter what.

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 248 posts
  • Interests:Videogames, writing, reading fanfics (especially about narusaku), animating, hanging with friends, sneaking up on people, stealing other peoples' food, and meeting new people.

Posted 27 August 2007 - 05:33 AM

Well. I think I suck at fight scenes even though they seem fine to me, its jsut I don't think I give my readers the particular image I see in the fight.

Humor is pretty easy for me. lol As for lemons.... >_>

I think I'm pretty good. I have yet to write an "official" one but I've had a few reactions from some stuff I've done. :rolleyes:

XD
"Life is empty if there's no one to share it with when it's full."
Insanity can be fun!
I'm Extreme Reborn in Live chat! But you don't know that.....
Dedicated, Hardcore, NaruSaku Fan, Current number of narusaku fics that I'm waiting for to finish: ? ( I lost count)

I'm making up for my mistakes.

#12 TikiTDO

TikiTDO

Σ

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 226 posts
  • Interests:sleep

Posted 27 August 2007 - 05:59 AM

I have always found dialogue to be the hardest thing when writing fan fiction. If you are working on an original story you can write a character however you want. If, however, you are working with a fully developed character you face the horror that is know as OOC. It is usually not too hard to keep someone in character when describing action. Naruto jumps around a laughs, Sakura does Sakura-like stuff, and Sasuke turns on the emo switch (I keed, I keed), but when you have them speak you really have to give it that extra bit of thought to get them to say something that fits the character AND situation. It is also easy to see a few characters develop the same speech patterns and consequently the same personality if you aren't paying attention. This is probably the thing that affects me the most, and is in fact what has been keeping me from writing more of my story.

#13 Vyse

Vyse

Team F.U.T.A. Viking King

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,017 posts
  • Interests:My interests? Well, I do enjoy most manga and anime, but I think that's a given. I also enjoy comic books and videogames, so I guess I'm kinda geeky there. But hey, I do other stuff. I like to go out and party, but I do not like drinks served in a femvase (damn fruity stuff... ew), so good ol' beer is my mate. So yeah, I'm also a psychology student, so your mind interests me.

Posted 27 August 2007 - 01:00 PM

I think it would have to betrying to keep my stuff from being way to cheesy. I tend to write something I thought funny at the time, only to hate it later and then not knowing where to take the story from there, thus forcing me to put it on hiatus. That's what happened to my first tries in fanfiction, Bleach GT and The Chronicles of Kit... the cheese.. oh god, the cheese!

I'm on a good roll with my new fic's though, so I really hope I don't screw them up.

One more thing I have problems with, is knowing what the hell I should do with Hinata... She's just too timid for my tastes, and I really don't like to write the whole s-stutter s-s-scenes over and over again! You will never see a NaruHina with my name on it!

#14 Vespar

Vespar

Namikage

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,161 posts
  • Interests:Everyone thinks it, but etiquette interferes; lest the writer is construed as misdirected.

Posted 27 August 2007 - 01:31 PM

For me, it's actually finding time to sit down, write and just keep writing.
Other than that, expanding my vocabulary probably. My grasp on writing's based on what I've picked up from the books I've read.

#15 Elellon

Elellon

Academy Student

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 33 posts

Posted 27 August 2007 - 05:46 PM

The thing I can't do? Write decent stories/fiction... sad.gif

#16 Cloud

Cloud

SOLDIER

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,565 posts

Posted 27 August 2007 - 06:00 PM

I'm alright with action. Humor.. not really. Sarcastic humor maybe.

What I do before I write an action scene, is that I watch AMVs, fight scenes from video games or other anime. And try to incorporate that into Naruto's move list.

#17 Uzumaki's Fire

Uzumaki's Fire

The Darkness shall not have its place in the Light.

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 40 posts
  • Interests:Known as: forum spammer, ero-sennin jr jr, orange, slapbunny<br /><br />Likes: XBOX 360, NaruSaku, FanFiction.net, schools, skinning

Posted 27 August 2007 - 07:32 PM

I can't keep my ideas in order and I slack off a lot.

#18 Yori Uzumaki

Yori Uzumaki

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 276 posts

Posted 28 August 2007 - 12:14 AM

I can't write action scenes. sweatdrop.gif I just can't for some reason. I can't describe the scenes very well. I can't do comedy very well either. If I try too hard then I can't come up with anything worth reading. But if I just go with the flow then something funny is bound to pop out.

#19 Guest_Ceras_*

Guest_Ceras_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 August 2007 - 09:35 PM

QUOTE (Yori Uzumaki @ Aug 27 2007, 05:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I can't write action scenes. sweatdrop.gif I just can't for some reason. I can't describe the scenes very well. I can't do comedy very well either. If I try too hard then I can't come up with anything worth reading. But if I just go with the flow then something funny is bound to pop out.

I know what you mean. As for the latter, you're lucky you can at least come up with something.

#20 sammi

sammi

Fresh Meat

• Fresh Meat
  • 2 posts

Posted 30 August 2007 - 08:00 PM

Hardest thing to write...? Hmmm. Probally makeout scenes. Everytime I write a new chapter or story I usually end up with horrible writers block that lasts the rest of the week.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users